• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Johanna Faries Announced as New President of Blizzard Entertainment

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
This kinda reminds me of a larger version of EA.
My exact thinking with the Activision/Blizzard merger... However, Microsoft is way worse than EA could ever be, but I agree with your cogitation.

Odyssey is ONE new IP, not a few. and layoffs are widepsread the last year in tech and video game companies, its not like Microsoft only did. the Microsoft hate gets ricidulous after a certain point, "what's next" o_O
You're right, the ONLY new IP is Odyssey; however, there were cuts to many existing IPs. I've watched Microsoft buy many studios and turn around and close them. Is the hate ridiculous, not at all, I like Microsoft in the PC space, just not when it comes the gaming sector. I really want to know what in the hell is coming next as someone who enjoys Blizzard games. Will updates to WoW reduce? Will the content even been remotely interesting in the next season/expansion? What's next?

You haven't already called it a wrap? I've refused to buy Blizzard games for years. I just don't trust them anymore. Its been like 10+ year process. Even when people were saying how great diablo 4 was, I just felt confident they would run it into the ground like they always do.
Nope, its not a wrap for me yet. I still enjoy the hell out of WoW. Diablo 4 is ok...the main story was very well done and the seasons are ok. Once I beat level 100, I wait for the next season. Overwatch is pretty fun to especially when played with a solid group. If you don't link up with other good players, just don't, the game sucks.

I'd have liked to see some actual credentials alongside the press release; because otherwise it just sounds like a PR/Diversity stunt to veer away from the Kotick-era if I didn't at least read that she did have some prior experience within Blizzard.

Time will tell if she's actually competent and can steer the company out to better waters, or just a pretty face to keep the seat warm for PR purposes and exchanged out when it's time for a new fresh PR move.