• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Blade 18 Laptop / ThrottleStop not working :(

decoder25

Hello everyone,

I have a Razer Blade 18 laptop but the undervolting is unfortunately blocked. It works with the Intel Extreme Tuning Tool. I have compared this with HWInfo.

Does anyone have any tips on what I could try?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-17 080645.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-17 080645.png
    440.8 KB · Views: 25

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
1715930203525.png

ThrottleStop shows that Intel Undervolt Protection is enabled. Typically when Undervolt Protection is enabled, you might be able to change voltages while in the BIOS but you cannot change voltages while in Windows. If XTU works then continue using that. Intel knows more about how their CPUs work than I do.

decoder25

What a hassle, I'd rather use ThrottleStop. There's nothing you can do?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
There's nothing you can do?
Without access to Intel's full documentation and without access to any recent hardware, no, there is nothing I can do.

Are you sure that Intel XTU voltage adjustment works? Can you use Intel XTU to make voltage changes while you are in Windows when Undervolt Protection is enabled? Do these voltage changes show up in HWiNFO? You will need to restart HWiNFO after making any voltage changes. HWiNFO does not update any offset voltage changes in real time.

Every other user has not had any success lowering the CPU voltages while in Windows after the BIOS has enabled Undervolt Protection. That is the whole point of Undervolt Protection. You can increase the offset voltage but you cannot decrease it.

I do not know of any method to disable Undervolt Protection while in Windows. If you can confirm that XTU works while in Windows, maybe that will might motivate me to go looking for this undocumented secret.