• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Motherboard reviews: What matters the most to you?

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
20k hours at what temperature?

20k is probabaly not hours
20k hours at 85c or 105c usually, translates into decade+ of normal use under normal mobo conditions

just an FYI 20k @ 85c should equal 5k @ 105c under the 10c lifetime design

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) SHP-9500, custom tube amp, Modi 3 dac
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
just an FYI 20k @ 85c should equal 5k @ 105c under the 10c lifetime design

so it might just be a marketing scam switching up the numbers. sigh. this modern world annoys the hell out of me.

Case fancier than yours
and since they rarely if ever get that hot, realistically its probably more like 40k hours?
More likely more than that so I wouldn't lose sleep on it, even the bargain caps last years upon years

which is why this is more of a nice detail/icing on the cake thing and not actually a big deal in the world of mobo's? a 5k caps probably lasts 15k because they never reach 105 Celsius, except on badly designed boards or bad airflow cases, etc
could also be a bit of marketing at play, lower the temp to increase the lifespan of the same cap

so it might just be a marketing scam switching up the numbers. sigh. this modern world annoys the hell out of me.
lol yeah just beat me to it, regardless good board at a good price.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro

Unless you have 0 airflow in a sealed case the likelihood of a capacitor dying is extremely low. Somthing else will die long before your capacitors do.

All marketing has some BS in it as long as the board ticks all the boxes in what you need as a consumer you really shouldn't worry too much otherwise. It looks like a solid board at that price offering more for your money than most.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well, a lot of good ideas here :)

This is not a point for point response per se, but here are my thoughts in general:

A) Shorten the intro, description, and packaging sections, unless the mfgr is bringing/introducing something revolutionary or highly innovative. High-resolution & close-up pics of the board itself, and possibly the included accessories would suffice....but do we REALLY need to see 3-6 pics of the outside of the box or the cardboard/faom/plastic inserts ?

B) Post the MSRP within the top of the very 1st paragraph, and analyze the price-performance ratio right after that, then place the board in the correct category/context... ie budget, mid-range, top of the line, super-duper-uber-exquisite-no-expense-spared etc...

C) List all the so-called/advertised "features" then call out any that don't work as advertised or are buggy, and whether those features require the use of additional software or hardwarez to utilize or are capable of being utilized using only the hardware on the board. This should include the BIOS also.

D) Instead of a page full of test results on everything under the sun... pick the top 5 uses and report on the results of those.... this would also have the added benefit of making the charts/graphs/tables shorter & easier to interpret :)

ie...if the board is targeted at creatives/pro/semi-pro users, then limit the tests to those tasks, cause those folks probably won't care much about results for gamin performance.

But OTOH, if the board is targeted to gammrs, the pick out the 5 most popular recent gamz & report on the results from them... cause if it can run those, it will certainly be capable of running the older ones, and consequently, gamrs are less likely to be concerned about Photoshop or Excel test results.

E) Do we REALLY need to see boards tested with every single cpu/gpu in a given series ? I believe that most folks here understand that the i9-xx is the top of the line model, and the i3-xx is the low end unit, as well as an RTX-4090 vs a 2060, and understand that performance should be either yowza at the top end or sufficiently "ok" at the bottom end... granted some combinations may yield either better or worse results, but the users should be able to draw their own conclusions based on a comparision of the respective test results

E) Limit the "conclusions" to a "good, bad & ugly" rating, base the recommendations on how well the board performs it's intended uses...

Personally, I only look at the parts of the review that are important to me, and skip over the rest.....but that's just me & my well-tuned data mining skills at work !

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) SHP-9500, custom tube amp, Modi 3 dac
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
Unless you have 0 airflow in a sealed case the likelihood of a capacitor dying is extremely low. Somthing else will die long before your capacitors do.

All marketing has some BS in it as long as the board ticks all the boxes in what you need as a consumer you really shouldn't worry too much otherwise. It looks like a solid board at that price offering more for your money than most.

Yeah, I like the board a lot, no issues. I just dislike being tricked.

Case fancier than yours
Yeah, I like the board a lot, no issues. I just dislike being tricked.
I don't think you were tricked. It's a solid cap and really a non issue, if they swapped in cheap aluminum caps then you were tricked. FYI, the 560 on the cap is most likely the uf, the J the tolerance code, the D# is most likely the batch run.

ir_cow

Staff member

Yep. I'm dealing with this at work. 85c caps from 2000 are finally going out. 24 years of use isn't bad a Gateway PC. But when they do go, it takes the whole MB out with it.