• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA DLSS Coming to Homeworld 3 and More Games

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
Over 500 games and applications feature RTX technologies, and barely a week goes by without an incredible new game integrating NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and advanced ray-traced effects to deliver the definitive PC experience for GeForce RTX players. Following the recent launches of massively anticipated, DLSS-accelerated titles such as Grey Zone Warfare and Manor Lords, this week sees the Advanced Access launch of the eagerly-anticipated Homeworld 3, the latest iteration in the classic real-time strategy franchise. Additionally, Bellwright and Incursion Red River are available now with DLSS 2, adding to our ever-growing catalog of RTX titles.

Homeworld 3 Available From May 10th With DLSS 2
The award-winning Homeworld franchise returns to PCs with long-awaited Homeworld 3. Assume control of a roving fleet and battle through dazzling, fully 3D spaces in strategic combat. Use the crumbling remains of an ancient civilization to funnel foes into a brilliant ambush or hide your fleet from powerful enemies. Attack head-on, with a clever flank, or even from above and below your foes.

Homeworld 3's fully simulated ballistics make line of sight and cover critical strategic considerations. Your fleet persists from mission to mission. Scars on your ships linger. Strike craft pilots and capital ship captains pass along critical information through battlefield chatter.

Homeworld 3 launches May 13th, though gamers who pick-up the Fleet Command Edition can begin playing May 10th. Whenever you take to space in your mothership, you'll discover day-one support for DLSS 2, accelerating performance on GeForce RTX PCs. And if you find your frame rates fast enough, you can also activate Homeworld 3's ray-traced shadows to take visual fidelity and immersion to the next level.

Bellwright Available Now With DLSS 2
Bellwright is an Early Access RPG from Donkey Crew and Snail Games USA, where you'll establish and expand your own settlements, liberate the land and assist its villagers, and recruit others to the cause, cementing yourself as the hero of your people.

Framed for the murder of the Prince and sentenced to death by the Crown, you've been living in the shadows ever since. After barely dodging an attempt on your life, you find the assassin's contract that raises many questions - was it just misfortune that you were framed? Or is there more to it? Determined to find the answers, you journey back to the very place you escaped.

Bellwright is available now in Early Access, featuring support for DLSS 2, maximizing frame rates for GeForce RTX gamers.

Incursion Red River Available Now With DLSS 2
Incursion Red River from Games Of Tomorrow GmbH is an Early Access tactical first-person extraction shooter set in war-torn modern day Vietnam. Play as a contractor to private military organizations where you will engage in ruthless combat, discover dark secrets, and play to your advantage as the story unfolds.

Incursion Red River is available now with performance-accelerating DLSS 2. Play solo or grab up to 3 friends to complete your mission.

DLSS & RTX Digital Artist Showcase
Advanced screenshotting pros, often referred to as Digital Artists or Virtual Photographers, showcase a game's artistic and creative brilliance via their unique, jaw-dropping screen captures and cool videos.

You can find screenshots and videos from the community using #VirtualPhotography, #Gametography, #photomode, #RTXON, and other tags on X, Instagram and other social networks. Below, we're sharing some recent videos from RTX games, with permission. For more of their work, follow them via the linked social networks.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
Hope this game turns out good. I thoroughly enjoyed Homeworld 1 and 2 back in the day. Haven't played Deserts of Kharak yet but I will soon. I will, as always, wait for feedback to decide if it's a buy though and since it's an ongoing problem with Publishers pushing games out the door before they're ready I will probably have to wait for the game to be patched and polished because I want the best gaming experience the first time that I play a game and it won't hurt any that I will save money waiting on a sale either.

AMD should make it a point to have press releases anytime something supports FSR.

Who cares if it looks worse, the whole point of marketing is to build mindshare and value behind your offerings and AMD won't even do the bare minimum for that.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh yes, Homeworld 3! Just when I thought I wasn't gonna buy any new games before the summer holiday season. Silly me! :slap:

Hope this game turns out good. I thoroughly enjoyed Homeworld 1 and 2 back in the day. Haven't played Deserts of Kharak yet but I will soon. I will, as always, wait for feedback to decide if it's a buy though and since it's an ongoing problem with Publishers pushing games out the door before they're ready I will probably have to wait for the game to be patched and polished because I want the best gaming experience the first time that I play a game and it won't hurt any that I will save money waiting on a sale either.
Deserts of Kharak is nice, but nowhere near as revolutionary as Homeworld. It's made by a different developer, after all. Kind of like Homeworld Cataclysm/Emergence. I recommend giving it a go when it's on discount. :)

Processor AMD 7600x
Motherboard Asrock x670e Steel Legend
Cooling Silver Arrow Extreme IBe Rev B with 2x 120 Gentle Typhoons
Memory 4x16Gb Patriot Viper Non RGB @ 6000 30-36-36-36-40
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT MERC 319
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 1Tb NVME
Display(s) 3x Dell Ultrasharp U2414h
Case Coolermaster Stacker 832
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower PF3 850 watt
Mouse Logitech G502 (OG)
Keyboard Logitech G512
Oh yes, Homeworld 3! Just when I thought I wasn't gonna buy any new games before the summer holiday season. Silly me! :slap:

Deserts of Kharak is nice, but nowhere near as revolutionary as Homeworld. It's made by a different developer, after all. Kind of like Homeworld Cataclysm/Emergence. I recommend giving it a go when it's on discount. :)
Deserts of Kharak was actually lead/designed/made by a lot of the original team at Relic that made HW1 and 2.

Blackbird Interactive, 2 of the directors are literally directly from Relic at the time of HW1 and 2, another worked at Relic with Company of Heroes. Rob Cunningham founded both Relic and Blackbird so I would say the IP is in the right hands :D

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Deserts of Kharak was actually lead/designed/made by a lot of the original team at Relic that made HW1 and 2.

Blackbird Interactive, 2 of the directors are literally directly from Relic at the time of HW1 and 2, another worked at Relic with Company of Heroes. Rob Cunningham founded both Relic and Blackbird so I would say the IP is in the right hands :D
Fair enough. I didn't know. Thanks. :)

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
AMD should make it a point to have press releases anytime something supports FSR.

Who cares if it looks worse, the whole point of marketing is to build mindshare and value behind your offerings and AMD won't even do the bare minimum for that.
Agreed, people actively want this in games (well some do, some are super vocal about how much they loathe it too), so AMD should promote those features to at least keep the name circulating in the tech press as much as they can, as you say it helps build the mindshare. Maybe they're being a little quiet after the Starfield/blocking DLSS fiasco though, they definitely don't want the perception out there that a title will exclusively have FSR and no others.

System Name GameStation
Processor AMD R5 5600X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550
Cooling Artic Freezer II 120
Memory 16 GB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT
Storage 1 TB SSD
Case Cooler Master Elite 120

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
More fake news from you, as usual.
More AMD defense from you, as usual.

AMD really screwed the pooch on that one, and that pathetic, vague follow up months later did little to convince me, millions of other people, and the tech press that they never in any way blocked, restricted or disincentivised game partners from including competing features. Best case scenario their marketing and PR teams are woefully incompetent and failed, multiple times, to answer a simple direct question in a timely manner, worst case scenario they absolutely did it. Either way, the [sometimes self proclaimed] fanboy's excuse, deflect or back them in. Might explain why they don't invest much in their marketing, the volunteer marketing team stand ready to defend at a moments notice.

More AMD defense from you, as usual.

AMD really screwed the pooch on that one, and that pathetic, vague follow up months later did little to convince me, millions of other people, and the tech press that they never in any way blocked, restricted or disincentivised game partners from including competing features. Best case scenario their marketing and PR teams are woefully incompetent and failed, multiple times, to answer a simple direct question in a timely manner, worst case scenario they absolutely did it. Either way, the [sometimes self proclaimed] fanboy's excuse, deflect or back them in. Might explain why they don't invest much in their marketing, the volunteer marketing team stand ready to defend at a moments notice.

-Good, AMD needs to step out of the peewee league and start playing in the big leagues, the way it's meant to be played.

Jen Hsun never pulled a punch and neither should AMD.

Was honestly disappointed with their wet noodle response, should have brought the big d energy with their response.

"AMD has ensured that all PC gamers across all product vendors have a quality upscaling solution available to them. Ask Nvidia why their proprietary solutions lock out even their own customers".

Doesn't even have to be true, just be on the offensive at all times. I mean, it can even win some people the presidency, maybe it could win AMD a smidgen of market share.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
-Good, AMD needs to step out of the peewee league and start playing in the big leagues, the way it's meant to be played.

Jen Hsun never pulled a punch and neither should AMD.

Was honestly disappointed with their wet noodle response, should have brought the big d energy with their response.

"AMD has ensured that all PC gamers across all product vendors have a quality upscaling solution available to them. Ask Nvidia why their proprietary solutions lock out even their own customers".

Doesn't even have to be true, just be on the offensive at all times. I mean, it can even win some people the presidency, maybe it could win AMD a smidgen of market share.
Yeah... the road of escalation. Short term gain over the long term corruption of markets, the world, common sense.

I'm not sure we truly wanted to go there, once we've arrived. Looking back at history, that's not the best evolutionary path for us. Every time we keep escalating, a reality check follows, bubbles burst, and a lot of people get hurt in the process. And is it the best path for AMD? Every time they stepped up their marketing game, they misfired so badly, I wonder if those feet still have toes left.

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 32Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo @3806MHz C14
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX2070
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 1TB
Display(s) Samsung G9 49" Curved Ultrawide
Case Cooler Master Cosmos
Audio Device(s) O2 USB Headphone AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Cherry MX