• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK seems to be having major issues

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
An Interview with the actual EKWB CEO

An Interview with the actual EKWB CEO

Leo does what should have been a part of Gamers Nexus videos - giving a chance to speak to the subject of the reportage. It seems like a standard journalistic practise.

Looking back at those videos by Steve, they seem unprofessional, and that in such extent that seems even damaging to the EKWB. I would even say immature. Similarly immature as recent videos by Jay who rips the EK stuff from his computer and then only allows 5 fittings "in the basement, where they belong". Funny stuff happening...

I do not belive that the owner of a company which has momentary financial problems can be 100% opened about everything and also I think that a lot of people have problems talking about their own failures. It is obvious that some problems with managing and controlling the US branch happened.

Last edited:
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.1GHz (H2O Cooled)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Cooling CPU = EK Velocity / GPU = EK Vector
Memory 32GB - G-Skill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHz
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900 XT (H2O Cooled)
Storage Samsung 860 EVO - 970 EVO - 870 QVO
Display(s) Samsung QN90A 50" 4K TV & LG 20" 1600x900
Case Lian Li O11-D
Audio Device(s) Presonus Studio 192
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 850W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
Keyboard Matias RGB Backlit Keyboard
Software Windows 10 & macOS (Hackintosh)
Looking back a those videos by Steve, they seem unprofessional
Steve's take on himself being some investigative journalist is awful. I watched those videos about him going ballistic on Newegg and talk about fan boys coming to his defense. His voice is cracking at times he's so clearly pissed off angry over that situation, but at same time put on the facade that he is doing some service to the entire PC community. F him. he was out doing all that stuff for his own personal reasons, because he wanted to, because he literally took that whole situation personally. Since when would "professional" mean literally showing up a corporate campus with a team in tow and cameras rolling demanding a sit down with big wig ABC and XYZ. They gave zero notice to Newegg they were doing that. In what rational persons head does that sound like a good idea?! He does not deserve any respect for masquerading as a real journalist.

he might be an anal retentive tech freak who does a nerdy take on a review that his viewers enjoy....he should just stick to that. this side hustle he waded into a handful of times is awful and unprofessional is a perfect adjective for his behavior.

this video though by a different channel is not offending me on the other hand. I get the same feelings you do I take it, the stark contrast between how they conduct themselves.

Similarly immature as recent videos by Jay who rips the EK stuff from his computer and then only allows 5 fittings "in the basement, where they belong". Funny stuff happening...
lol really :banghead:
I watched a lot of his content years ago and was a big help in inspiring me to get into water cooling. but after I learned what I needed to I don't watch anything of his anymore. he's just a random joe, I think he even described himself as "the walmart greeter of the youtubers" or something along those lines lmao. so I think he understands a little bit where his place is in the scene. which is why I imagine most of his content relies on generic advice and opiniated antics like what you just described

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
...seems like a standard journalistic practise....

I'm sorry. But none of that video "fraggles" are journalists. They all are only influencers. Ie.e in Germany a journalist needs to be at the university and has to absolve exams. None of the influencers did so. They are amateurs or sometimes also wannabe's.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Similarly immature as recent videos by Jay who rips the EK stuff from his computer and then only allows 5 fittings "in the basement, where they belong". Funny stuff happening...
Wow he said that!? I thought it was kind of of dumb to swap out all his EK parts on his rig in an exercise of cancel culture, but he has the kind of money to afford that.

System Name myPC
Processor i5-11600k @ stock
Motherboard Asus TUF Z590 Gaming Plus
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 3060 ti
Storage Boot: WD Black SN770 1TB - Game Storage: WD Black SN770 2TB - Other Storage: 4TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 curved 27" 1440p 144hz
Case Thermaltake v100 perforated
Audio Device(s) Some headphones and some speakers
Power Supply Gigabyte UD750GM
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Redragon K509
Software W11 Pro
I'm sorry. But none of that video "fraggles" are journalists. They all are only influencers. Ie.e in Germany a journalist needs to be at the university and has to absolve exams. None of the influencers did so. They are amateurs or sometimes also wannabe's.
In the US, everyone is the press. Neat!

Wow he said that!? I thought it was kind of of dumb to swap out all his EK parts on his rig in an exercise of cancel culture, but he has the kind of money to afford that.
If people watched the video, he actually ripped them out since he was replacing both the CPU and GPU block with better ones from Optimus (and who are also reportedly replacing EK as a possible build sponsor) AND cleaning translucent fluid gunk out of his reservoirs and radiators (and the rest of the loop), which necessitated tearing down the whole thing and redoing it all regardless. And since he opted for an almost blackout build, including new all-black hard-tubing, he opted to just do bends instead of reusing the fittings for joints.

I get Jay isn't everyone's favorite YTuber (and even I disagree with some of his takes), but in this instance, he already stated that he's one of those directly affected with a long-overdue IOU from EK and sooner or later he was going to drop them as a sponsor and minimize showcasing their products beyond only using them as-needed (in his words, their fittings, which he still likes, but doesn't agree with the pricing). I don't blame him, being owed in the 6 figure range and still not seeing the payments even after cutting the final owed amount in half is definitely worth ending a business relationship over, esp. when newer sponsors step up to fill in the gap (reportedly, Optimus and Barrow; the literal extreme high-end and extreme budget end).

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
When have techtubers and professional journalism ever lined up, even a little bit? Some of you folks need to think about the context within which your speaking before the need to go full on clickity clack hits you. I'd agree with calling techtubers a whole lotta derogatory things but professional journalists? Nah, that ain't one of em.

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
If people watched the video, he actually ripped them out since he was replacing both the CPU and GPU block with better ones from Optimus (and who are also reportedly replacing EK as a possible build sponsor) AND cleaning translucent fluid gunk out of his reservoirs and radiators (and the rest of the loop), which necessitated tearing down the whole thing and redoing it all regardless. And since he opted for an almost blackout build, including new all-black hard-tubing, he opted to just do bends instead of reusing the fittings for joints.

I get Jay isn't everyone's favorite YTuber (and even I disagree with some of his takes), but in this instance, he already stated that he's one of those directly affected with a long-overdue IOU from EK and sooner or later he was going to drop them as a sponsor and minimize showcasing their products beyond only using them as-needed (in his words, their fittings, which he still likes, but doesn't agree with the pricing). I don't blame him, being owed in the 6 figure range and still not seeing the payments even after cutting the final owed amount in half is definitely worth ending a business relationship over, esp. when newer sponsors step up to fill in the gap (reportedly, Optimus and Barrow; the literal extreme high-end and extreme budget end).

What so he never got the money off them for shilling their stuff, so spat his dummy out and dropped them? that's what it sounds like to me. Well Boo diddly hoo to yay, i'm sure some other "sponsor" will be just as lucrative.

GN isn't a journalist, so whining about journalistic integrity doesn't apply, he's a techtuber who does more of consumer advocacy sort of investigations on companies doing scummy things.
Even if GN were to ask beforehand, it wouldn't have done any good, EK could've tried to hide any wrongdoing, the EK CEO put out a corporate apology after then GN video. And IMO they don't deserve to have any input for comment given that the EK whistleblower was threatened with a cease and desist and a fine.
I'm not surprised the EK fans are wanting to blame someone for calling out their favorite company, and its funny people are getting offended when EK quality has been worse than the budget watercooling brands for a while now.

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, P14, P12, T30 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
GN isn't a journalist, so whining about journalistic integrity doesn't apply, he's a techtuber who does more of consumer advocacy sort of investigations on companies doing scummy things.
Even if GN were to ask beforehand, it wouldn't have done any good, EK could've tried to hide any wrongdoing, the EK CEO put out a corporate apology after then GN video. And IMO they don't deserve to have any input for comment given that the EK whistleblower was threatened with a cease and desist and a fine.
I'm not surprised the EK fans are wanting to blame someone for calling out their favorite company, and its funny people are getting offended when EK quality has been worse than the budget watercooling brands for a while now.
Thanks for the recap of the week. :)

What so he never got the money off them for shilling their stuff, so spat his dummy out and dropped them? that's what it sounds like to me. Well Boo diddly hoo to yay, i'm sure some other "sponsor" will be just as lucrative.
A legally signed payment agreement is an agreement regardless, but if you like working for less than what you signed on for, then you do you. Sticking to a sinking ship you're not even at the helm of sounds dumb as heck. He isn't like LTT either, who auction/sell off sponsored freebies after they're done reviewing them and having no further need of the parts, so it's not like he's getting any real money selling off the fittings and mobo/GPU specific blocks on top of a sponsor paycheck (and LTT is even worse; selling off sponsored prototypes after improperly reviewing it instead of returning it).

That said, he's also dumb for not taking them to task sooner and insisting on getting what he was owed, and instead waiting for things to "blow up" as they say before finally making his choice, letting them keep putting off the payments to him well past a Net 30 or Net 90 agreement. On the other hand, finally speaking out now is how he got his potentially new sponsors, so maybe in the sick and twisted world of YTubers, it pays to wait until the next crisis occurs and capitalize on it.

GN isn't a journalist, so whining about journalistic integrity doesn't apply
What do you mean? I play saxophones as a hobby and even though I am not a professional musician, I NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE TRADE if I ever decided to publish me playing, as keeping the time and playing roughly in tune. I can assure you that if I did not follow the rules, my videos would be ignored at best or even ridiculed at worst. Because the output would be objectively BAD.

Last edited:
System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
A legally signed payment agreement is an agreement regardless, but if you like working for less than what you signed on for, then you do you. Sticking to a sinking ship you're not even at the helm of sounds dumb as heck. He isn't like LTT either, who auction/sell off sponsored freebies after they're done reviewing them and having no further need of the parts, so it's not like he's getting any real money selling off the fittings and mobo/GPU specific blocks on top of a sponsor paycheck (and LTT is even worse; selling off sponsored prototypes after improperly reviewing it instead of returning it).

That said, he's also dumb for not taking them to task sooner and insisting on getting what he was owed, and instead waiting for things to "blow up" as they say before finally making his choice, letting them keep putting off the payments to him well past a Net 30 or Net 90 agreement. On the other hand, finally speaking out now is how he got his potentially new sponsors, so maybe in the sick and twisted world of YTubers, it pays to wait until the next crisis occurs and capitalize on it.

I'm sure looking at the rigs he posted, he got a fair few dollars worth of "free" kit out of EK. I have zero sympathy for these tubers shilling some companys stuff for some cash and free stuff. I don't think EK are going to miss jay, there are plenty like him that will eagerly jump into bed with them for the same benefits.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Idk, GN spits out some facts, that's more than any journalist has done in the last 2 decades, and they're bad...
This. MSM is so full of shit anyone suggesting journalistic integrity is delusional.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.

I saw the trigger warning video where he stated he was going to rip out all his EK parts which I thought was kind of a joke. Understandably he was going to do maintenance but at the same time it was an opportunity to showcase another sponsor while making an excuse for it which I felt was awkward.

If EK was supposed to pay him and didn't that's bad on EK but I don't know if other employee claims (backpay, racism, warehouse working conditions, etc...) are actually verified beyond he-said/she-said with exception to EK lawfare threats which obviously got out into the open and the unpaid taxes. So much drama and kneejerk reactions and not enough facts. (probably myself included)

Maybe I forgot something and have to go back and watch the GN videos again. In a way I feel misled because "This is only the tip of the iceberg" only to have the news cycle churn over a few times then nobody exposes the rest of the iceberg and everyone drops or changes sponsors and everything is fine again?

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
I watched the Kitguru interview with the head of EK. All I saw was denial and doubling down on their narrative. That made me come to the conclusion that they are guilty of all grievances against them.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
This. MSM is so full of shit anyone suggesting journalistic integrity is delusional.
There's still integrity out there. Good luck sorting it out though, because just as many will claim those with integrity are "fake news" these days.

I watched the Kitguru interview with the head of EK. All I saw was denial and doubling down on their narrative. That made me come to the conclusion that they are guilty of all grievances against them.
Have we seen a different video?

The owner said that they had very good times during the epidemic and that their financial problem stems from their wrong presupmtion, that this upturn will last forever. I heard that a lot of companies made this mistake, even changing and heavilly investing in their production capacity only to find out, that the extra machines that they bought are idle after the epidemic.

He said that the "racism" problem he is aware of was only the testeless joking in a product release conversation, and that he issued a verbal warning. What else would you like to happen? What if he sacked people each time they said something tasteless or wrong? What would these former emloyees say about such employer?

BTW have you noticed how high were some of those promotion contracts? What if other contracts were also unreasonably high, those contractors having a good time, and feeling very upset after the good times ended?

It is obvious that mistakes happened, but what do you expect? Do you expect the owner to describe each of his mistakes in detail (and lash himself after each one)? I mean who in corporate sphere or even normal society describes in public and in detail all the mistakes they did?

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 RTX FE 10G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO (OS, games), 2TB SN850X (games), 2TB DC P4600 (work), 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D2X
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
EK charge way too much for their products and the quality is not what it used to be. In the Watercooling space Byiski is less expensive and Alphacool is more flexible and less expensive.
I have seen many companies fall into the trap.

Profits dont meet expectations so they increase price, this reduces customers, so they increase further, the cycle continues.

Of course if its a behemoth of a company they can survive it, but EK does it do anything else of which it can subsidise the cooling products, if not then yeah it could be in trouble.

I think instead they should have done a deal with GPU partners, either licencing agreement or they themselves install the cooler so then they sold as branded products. Then customers see more value in it if its pre manufactured/installed.

If this has been a long-standing, ongoing problem, why hasn't anyone sued them yet, and/or attempted to force them into bankruptcy ?

Seems to me like there is likely a lot more going on behind the scenes than what is covered in that ewwtwoob video, which is usually the case and why I rarely ever watch that garbaggio....

But OTOH:
Because then they only get a penny in the pound back or whatever, if they want a chance of getting fully paid they have to sit back, although what might happen is a refusal to supply them, so they let the credit sit there but cut them off from future credit.

Company I used to work for was for multiple years surviving on loans, and then eventually they wasnt paying suppliers, but that still went on for nearly 18 months, before finally they folded after suppliers cut them off from new stock.

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Have we seen a different video?

The owner said that they had very good times during the epidemic and that their financial problem stems from their wrong presupmtion, that this upturn will last forever. I heard that a lot of companies made this mistake, even changing and heavilly investing in their production capacity only to find out, that the extra machines that they bought are idle after the epidemic.

He said that the "racism" problem he is aware of was only the testeless joking in a product release conversation, and that he issued a verbal warning. What else would you like to happen? What if he sacked people each time they said something tasteless or wrong? What would these former emloyees say about such employer?

BTW have you noticed how high were some of those promotion contracts? What if other contracts were also unreasonably high, those contractors having a good time, and feeling very upset after the good times ended?

It is obvious that mistakes happened, but what do you expect? Do you expect the owner to describe each of his mistakes in detail (and lash himself after each one)? I mean who in corporate sphere or even normal society describes in public and in detail all the mistakes they did?
It is not on me to give a Company a pass because they decided to do what they they did. I agree that Corsair (in some things) and Asus are following Nvidia into the highest price bracket. The fact that EK basically tripled their prices has more to do with the lack of success and if he thought the pandamic would last forever he did not live in the World before the Internet. Then it looks like they did not share equally the earnings.

The unfortunate truth is the further East you go from England the higher the propensity for populations to have racist tendencies in Europe.

The thing with those promotional contracts is why does that need to happen in the first place and secondly what does it say for the entire review space if Youtubers are being paid thousands of dollars to promote something like EK over Alphacool. That actually explains why Jays2Cents almost exclusively used EK for most of his PC builds and is actually how he started his channel.

The thing is for me it is nothing more than EK thought they were more relevant than they actually were and allowed Corsair to swoop in and eat into their market share. Then you also realize that this space is for enthusiasts, meaning Byiski and Phanteks are also a known quantity by us for these things but Corsair has the distribution network that allows you to go to Canada Computers ,see the EK Pump/res for $400 behind a display cabinet and see the Corsair one for $199 or go on Amazon or Newegg and order one for next day delivery.

The biggest kick in the teeth for us from EK though has to be the insane price of putting a couple of screw holes in plastic molds with a rubber gasket to seal it and charge you an eyewatering $3-600. Meanwhile there was a Phanteks distro plate on Newegg for $50. I don't need a distro plate with 15 screw holes either.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11