Tuesday, September 29th 2009
TechPowerUp Radeon BIOS Editor (RBE), has been updated to version 1.22. RBE is our popular ATI Radeon graphics cards BIOS tweaking manipulation utility. One of the main highlights of this release is early support for the Radeon HD 5870 graphics accelerator, among other changes that enhance the application's functionality and stability. The following changes are listed by its developer:
- Added clock tuning wizard.
- Changed fan controller bug workaround settings' description to point out what it does a little better.
- Improved program's startup routine.
- Fixed "GetClockPos reported 0"-error that came up on loading several 4xx0-BIOSes.
- Added preliminary support for Radeon 5870. Note that I'm still not sure about 5850's DeviceID and that signature saving and loading will most likely not work properly on 5xx0s with this version. Furthermore, VT1165 programming is not functioning yet.