Wednesday, March 3rd 2010
It looks like Sapphire and ASUS will not be the only AMD board partners out with a custom design Radeon HD 5970 graphics accelerator that has higher clock speeds and twice the amount of memory. XFX seems just about ready with what it calls the XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 4GB. This limited edition graphics card borrows heavily from AMD's reference design, but adds some changes:
- The leaf-blower is centrally located, with a GPU system on its either sides.
- GPUs use higher clock speeds of 850 MHz (core), 1200 MHz (memory).
- Twice the amount of memory, 2 GB per GPU, 4 GB total.
- ATI Eyefinity6 display output configuration: 6 mini-DisplayPort connectors to support six physical displays (dongles may be included for DVI users).
- Power is drawn from two 8-pin PCI-E power connectors.