Sunday, December 18th 2011
First pictures of AMD's mainstream card, HD 7770, have now been leaked online. This card is the first major upgrade to the HD 5770 in two years, since the HD 6770 was just a rebrand. It features the Cape Verde GPU, which replaces the Juniper GPU used in the HD 5770/HD 6770. The card looks somewhat different, with a large fan sitting on top of the GPU, blowing directly onto it and the card's length is the same as the HD 5770, at around 8.25 inches.
- Three display outputs, DVI, HDMI and miniDisplayPort
- Single Crossfire connector for 2 cards max
- The reference PCB has four GDDR5 memory chips, implying a 128-bit memory interface
- Single 6-pin PCI-E power connector
- Around 100 Watts power consumption