Thursday, March 1st 2007

Free Adobe 'Photoshop Online' within the next six months

CNET News had a good talk to Bruce Chizen, the CEO at Adobe, who revealed they are starting to host some of their leading applications to the internet. Photoshop being the first in line will be an ad-supported version with less options then it's offline counterpart.
This is the answer to Google's ever growing online portfolio and with Adobe one of the big companies showed the pressure they are now under.Source: CNET
Add your own comment

7 Comments on Free Adobe 'Photoshop Online' within the next six months

#1
Wile E
Power User
This is good news for those of us tht can't afford Adobe. Hopefully it will still support layers and come with some of the good stock filters.
Posted on Reply
#2
ex_reven
how is an online version going to work :confused:
its memory taxing enough without the limitations of bandwidth...
Posted on Reply
#3
kakazza
God, please make them not use Java...

Other than that, I might try it, cause I've only got IrfanView installed so I can manipulate the properties of an image (size, color,...) but that's about it. I really need some lightweight program to like... add circles and arrows in a pic >_>

GIMP and others are too bloat, so I use paint, lol ;p
Posted on Reply
#4
Wile E
Power User
Adobe actually has their own protocol for online apps, but I can't remember what it's called. I do believe it's built on the Flash framework, but it isn't the same as Flash.
Posted on Reply
#5
NamesDontMatter
I purpose they make a more affordable version, more then 70% of all photoshop users I know have illegal versions of photoshop. Why? Because its so expensive. And the other 30% I know all work for large or small scale buisnesses.
Posted on Reply
#6
WarEagleAU
Bird of Prey
Sweet. Adobe makes hella products but it takes time to use them :)
Posted on Reply
#7
Wile E
Power User
by: NamesDontMatter
I purpose they make a more affordable version, more then 70% of all photoshop users I know have illegal versions of photoshop. Why? Because its so expensive. And the other 30% I know all work for large or small scale buisnesses.
They do. It's called Photoshop Elements. It's actually fairly powerful and most Photoshop plug-ins still work.
Posted on Reply