Tuesday, May 1st 2007
The good folks over at BleedinEdge have a nice little contest on the go for overclocking.
Think you have tweaked your system the best over stock? Well here's a chance to prove it running both SuperPi 1M and 32M. Show us and you will have a chance to win some great prizes! Don't worry if your system is not the latest. It’s all about how much over stock that counts.The contest will not be one that can only be won by the latest and the greatest, but rather how well you can overclock your system. There are lots of fabulous prizes and everyone should take a look!
There are two categories: Conroes/Quads versus all other CPUs. The prizes are randomly drawn from ballots you receive based on your best improved times. There are also random draws during the week for other prizes.
It's that easy to win!
- CoolerMaster iTower 930 Case
- Choice of a Alpha PRE9060 CPU Cooler or a CoolerMaster Eclipse CPU Cooler
- MountainMods U2-UFO Case (exact model to be confirmed)
- OCZ GameXStream PSU
- Noctua Fan and promo kit
- CoolerMaster - T-shirts and case badges
- OCZ - T-shirts
- OCZ - Equalizer Mouse
- CPU Cooler
April 27-30: submit your SuperPi 1M and 32M times from your stock system*
April 30-May 6: submit your SuperPi 1M times from your overclocked system
May 7-13: submit your SuperPi 32M times from your overclocked system
*) late entries are acceptable but will be reviewed byt the judges for acceptance
(start and end times are midnight GMT - 4hours)
- Open to all registered members of BleedinEdge.com with more than 5 posts
- All entrants must be registered with hwbot.org under the team of Bleedinedge (Register here)
- Reasonable stock runs must be submitted in a thread set-up for the baseline scores and must also include a shot of CPUz SPD tab (Link).
- The first post in this thread will contain a list of all baseline scores
- All times must be submitted in the appropriate HWBot thread (links below) and include a single screen shot showing:[list]
- SuperPi: to show your time
- CPUz: CPU and Memory to show your overclock
- Temp reporting app to show your temps (ex. Speedfan, Core temp, etc.)
(SuperPi 1M, SuperPi 32M)
The time of the post @bleedinedge.com will be used as the official time when the score was submitted but the score is not considered valid until it is verified by a judge.
Only one system per member may be used throughout the contest
Changing hardware (upgrades or downgrades) are not allowed. Exceptions are equivalent replacement with a judge's pre-approval
The same cooling must be used throughout the contest (if you start on air then you must finish on air). Excluded are the stock runs.
Judges can challenge any entry or time and request a second run and additional information on the system being used. Not complying will force disqualification
Judges have the final say
[/list]How it is going to work
Everyone has a chance to win. The better your times the more ballots you will receive for the draw.
- Submit your baseline scores first. Once accepted your baseline score will be listed
- During "Week 1" SuperPi 1M times are submitted. You will receive 1 ballot for every 2 second improvement on your time over your baseline score (rounded up)
- All ballots will be thrown into a "pot"
- Winners of the SuperPi 1M portion (Conroe/Quads vs all others) will be randomly drawn for the available entries and will be announced the following week (during "Week 2")
- During "Week 2" SuperPi 32M times are submitted. You will receive 1 ballot for every 5 minute improvement over your baseline score
- Winners of the SuperPi 32M portion (Conroe/Quads vs all others) will be randomly drawn for the available entries and will be announced the following week
Here is the list of the Judges