Friday, June 27th 2008
Some early details about Crytek's Crysis Warhead game have been revealed today by the PC Gamer magazine. Here are all the new key points at a glance:
- Begins when the original game's Nomad character parts ways with Warhead's new hero, Psycho, and follows him all the way until the two are to reunite again on board the aircraft carrier.
- Mostly located on the other side of the island.
- Less linear approach and more sandbox type of gameplay, as opposed to the original.
- Same nanosuit and the same functions, with more likely to be revealed later (definitely a "surprise" in that matter is promised).
- Singleplayer campaign to last 8-10 hours.
- At least two new weapons, the granade launcher and double SMG.
- Improved enemy AI, betterily able to organize itself and follow tactics.
- New vehicles incl. Armored Scout Recon (about the size of a jeep with a mounted gun) and a hovercraft, both playable in multiplayer as well.
- New team-based MP mode and less complex than the original two.
- Betterily optimized to run faster than the original game on the same hardware.
- Won't require DX10 for maximum details and full effects.
- Dialogues done by Bioshock's Susanna O'Connor.
- Completely stand-alone and as noted by developers, not an add-on but a full title.
- The possibility of Crysis 2 to rely heavily on Warhead's sales.