Tuesday, February 10th 2009
NVIDIA has released new and updated PhysX driver that is compatible with AGEIA PhysX processors and CUDA ready GeForce GPUs. Version 9.09.0203 dated February 10, 2009 is almost 40MB and works with Windows XP and Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit versions). The application supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. Here is what's new in this release:
- Resolves PhysX SDK runtime issues with multi-GPU configurations in Hybrid environments.
- Improves performance of some PhysX enabled games on GeForce GTX 285 and GTX 295 products.
- Resolves occasional system crashes when PhysX is enabled on some systems when running on EA’s Mirrors Edge.
- Runtime upgrade ONLY for AGEIA PhysX processors users. (New installations should install older PhysX system software such as version 8.09.04 – prior to installing this update).
- Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.