Race Driver: GRID 1.3 Patch
|File size:||196.1 MB|
|Downloads:||53,802 (10.1 TB)|
|Posted:||Oct 13, 2009|
|Updated:||Oct 14, 2009|
|Operating System:||Not specified|
- Added support for additional content packs.
- Added support for Motion Platform D-Box.
- Increasing the maximum view distance by 1 km so it is possible to see the entire length of the hill roads on San Francisco
- Fix for personal best lap time not replacing world record lap time when playing without internet connection.
- Fix for race day personal best lap times only being valid for first race in a grid world event.
- Fix for being able to select too many different types of cars in multiplayer events Long Beach Battle and Drift Inter GP.
- Fix for being able to select the Pontiac GTO in multiplayer Touring cars events.
- Fix for vehicles bought on eBay applying performance modifiers when playing multiplayer events.
- Fix for being awarded 1 lap in online stats for freestyle drift events.
- Prevented the editing ebay.xml cheat
- Fix for sessions list overflow and missing characters in front end.
- Fix for errors generated on game shutdown
- Support for TrackIR
- Online experience points: more points awarded for completing longer races
- Assists on/off toggle added to session creation and browsing
- All offline events (apart from head-to-heads and touge) are now available online (event voting screen now scrolls to see additional championships).
- Fix for failure to recognise some devices in user-created action map presets, including Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.
- Fixed GRID startup issue where it appears as a process in Task Manager but fails to run.
- Additional experience points are awarded for not colliding with other cars whilst racing damage on or forward sessions.
Network bug fixes
- When viewing in spectator mode – wheels should now turn correctly.
- Session searching now functions correctly when there are lots of full sessions (PC and PS3).
- Track and route options no longer change when host gets back to lobby in private/LAN.
- Race results are now correct if a host migration occurs at the end of the race.
- Other player’s progress/positions are now correctly updated when you enter the race results screen.
- Several NaN (brown screen) related fixes.
- Fixed a problem whereby it was only possible to upload one world record ghost to each track (PC and PS3)
- Race to race lobby timer is now 15 seconds
- A timer has been added showing how long the session has been up and running is shown on the tickertape after joining a session.
- Changes to what is displayed in lobby when a player has kick votes.
- The player who has been voted for can see this fact and the number of votes they have received.
- Players who have voted to kick someone can see who they voted for but cannot see the number of votes.
- Players who have not voted do not see anything.
- Added ability to get the next page of sessions in private session results (PC and PS3)
- Banned sessions no longer appear in private session list.
- Reverse gear is now disabled for the first two seconds of a network race to stop players reversing off the start line.
- Added ability to change collision types in all sessions (not enabled in Demolition Derby).
- Forward Only (this is the normal behaviour for Ranked/Unranked)
- On (Collisions are always on)
- Off (Always off).
- Numerous anti griefing checks to turn off collisions when players are griefing.
- Fix for distance shown in distance online stat.
- A warning message is now shown the first time you enter system link.
- In non-drift races, the race results screen shows the fastest lap that each player achieved in that race.
- When a player retires or terminally damages in race, a message telling all players of this fact is sent to the chat system so displayed in the overlay in game.
- Cars become semi-transparent when collisions are turned off due to griefing.
- Improvements to prediction system to reduce effects of lag when players are close by
- Fix for occasional excessive smoke coming from other players in network mode
- Fix for exploit where a player could upload an incorrect lap time
- PS3 & PC – fix for a problem where private sessions would not show up in search unless you searched for public sessions first
Game - general
- Xbox 360 achievement fix.
- Several optimisations and performance improvements.
- It is now possible to look left and right while in bonnet camera.
- Fix for a hang when selecting a gear outside the gears available on the vehicle (this was possible with H-Shifter)
- Fix for cars very occasionally flying into the air when hitting kerbs.
- Fixes for custom action maps
- Track rendering optimisations.
- Brown screen problem no longer awards achievements or causes glowing white cars.
- Fix for airborne achievement – now awarded even if car flips upside down during jump
- Fixed frame rate stalls and stuttering on Xbox 360.
PC Specific Changes General:
- Added support for Xinput wheel and Logitech Rumblepad 2, including default action map configurations.
- Adding ability to use H-pattern shifter in custom configuration by allowing configuration of gears 1 to 6 and reverse. Same for boost.
- Fix for missing Force feedback on Vista.
- Added the ability to override the controller type, so that if the game fails to auto-detect it, users can specify it themselves.
- Symptoms of the game failing to detect the appropriate controller type are:
- On a pad, handling is too twitchy, appears to steer “lock-to-lock”.
- On a wheel, the input lags and the linearity slider doesn’t appear to have an effect.
- To override controller type, find the hardware_settings_config.xml that is generated when the game is run (should be in My Documents\Codemasters\GRID\hardwaresettings) and change the line that reads to either as appropriate for your controller.
- Changing microcode optimisation level for NVIDIA 7xxx series graphics cards to reduce a pause when using each shader for the first time.
- Adding support for triple head displays.
- Graphical corruption fix when using multiple GPU’s.
- Network chat text made less obtrusive.
- Numerous on-going compatibility fixes.
- Improvements to shadows for certain resolutions/aspect ratios.
- Profiles are now flushed to disk when they are written to reduce the chance of them being corrupted if the PC dies.