• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
To be honest the whole thread should be closed. Ill admit it provides some nice info and entertainment but some folks are getting too carried away. Im really just not up for posting my thoughts in here if I have to verify them as :source:

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
how about we debate something else then?

oh i have one, what do you guys think about off shore drilling?
no need to cite sources, and keep it civil
just trying to move away from this acorn business

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Yeah, that's nice (you'd make a great General, seriously) -- but not the topic. You didn't answer the accusation -- Obama doesn't want out "now," does he?
He wanted out four+ years ago. "Now" doesn't work when there is over 100,000 troops and equipment on the ground due to logistics. "16 months," is synonymous with "now" in military terms.

And again, that nice, but you didn't answer why it was okay for politicians to get you into the war, but not get you out. If you trusted Bush to get you in the war ("flawed" intelligence or not), you should trust politicians to get you out.
Powell and Bush made a case for the war (weapons of mass destruction) which Congress accepted. Bob Woodruff wrote a lot on all the failures of the Bush administration in regards to the Iraq war and it really shadows the failures of previous Presidents like Nixon where they tried to micromanage the war instead of letting the generals do their job. Let me put this in points:
-With the intelligence we had in 2003, it was correct action to go into war.
-In hindsight, knowing the intelligence was flawed, the war was most likely unecessary.
-Bush mismanaged the war from when he declared "Mission Accomplished" in 2003 up until 2007 when the push for the surge began.
-Bush did not take the advice of generals to heart; the same can be said of Nixon during Vietnam.
-Wars like Iraq end when the existing government has been destroyed; however, whenever you unseat a government, you have to replace it with a new one which takes at least a decade.
-The war officially ended when Bush did the whole "Mission Accomplished" apperance. Ever since, it has been a peace keeping and counter-insurgency operation.
-We should never get completely "out" unless our relationship with Iraq goes south. There should always remain a small force to show we have vested interest in the area (see Germany, South Korea, Japan).
-I trust McCain to take the advice of the generals and make appropriate decisions from that. By that, I mean the number of troops deployed and the amount of resources available in Iraq will be kept at appropriate levels for the conditions the Iraqi government requires to maintain stability.
-I trust Congress to grant whatever is necesssary (within reason) to the comamnd-in-chief in order to achieve success.
-Success is defined by the Iraqi government no longer relying on USA for anything major.

And you have to "follow through or else you make a lot of enemies" -- could Americans make any more enemies than you've made from the Iraq war? :confused:
Eh? Right now, I don't think we have any sworn enemies except bin Laden's crowd. There is diplomatic hostilities with Iran and Venezuala but Iran's President has little public support and Chavez still gets most of his money from oil trade with USA. North Korea is being more cooperative, Russia has a big question mark on their head, and China is excited about trade with the West.

Yeah, lots of people weren't happy about the decision to invade Iraq but who ever is? War is ugly; no one likes it. Fight the little wars to prevent the big ones.

According to that article, he gave that money not to ACORN, but to a subsidiary. Please find me some links regarding the nature of the relationship between that subsidiary and ACORN -- not all "subsidiaries" are directly controlled by their parent organizations.
A "subsidiary" is owned/operated by a common leadership. An "affiliate" has no leadership ties but a common goal.

This is from a lawsuit filing against ACORN...
http://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/acorn.pdf
19. ACORN's political wing has endorsed Barack Obama for president, and during the primary season, the Obama camp paid Citizen Service Inc., $832,598 for various political services according to Federal Elections Commission filings. Citizen Services, Inc. and ACORN share the same board of directors.

All red states. Wonder why? Sources don't give enough info to do any fact checking.
Actually, they are all toss up right now. Michigan also has had complaints which the McCain campaign has withdrawn campaigning from. These fraudulent votes could easily sway the states one way or another and in turn, sway who gets elected.

System Name Apple Bite
Processor Intel I5
Motherboard Apple
Memory 40gb of DDR 4 2700
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon 500
Storage Fusion Drive 1 TB
Display(s) 27 Inch IMac late 2017
okay I have had my fun and it has been fun good luck to you all. Make sure you vote I'm unsubscribing to this thread. Obama will give me heath care and I pay zero taxes because of how I retired. all the things I posted are because hes wrong for the country , but hes actually great for me personally. If he wins yaaa for me ,but in my opinion you fellas are gonna be very sorry come tax time. I won't either way. :D

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
oh i have one, what do you guys think about off shore drilling?
I don't have a problem with it. I mean, we're going to tap those resources sooner or later so, why not?

System Name MUFFIN_MACHINE
Processor i7 920
Motherboard E760 Classified
Cooling cooler master gemini II
Memory 6gb ddr3 crucial ballistix
Video Card(s) TFIII 6950
Storage 500gb wd, samsung spinpoint t series 500gb, 2 tb samsung somthing or other
Display(s) syncmaster 940bw 19"
Case Corsair Carbide Series 500R
Audio Device(s) X-fi extrememusic
Power Supply Corsair HX 850W
Software windows 7 64bit
Benchmark Scores i can drink a pint in 5 seconds flat.
hell yeah i'd tap those resources

sorry i felt compelled to say that

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
The funny thing with all the ACORN issues is that we only know about them because ACORN employees are required by law to report any inconsistencies they notice, yet also required to submit all voter registrations they collect.

Hence, the "Mickey Mouse" reg form was flagged by an ACORN employee. These issues weren't "uncovered" by some covert Republican voter fraud taskforce, they are just using info that ACORN has itself provided in accordance with the law.

here's a link from a UK source for those who can't agree on what US sources are biased...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/13/election-acorn-voter-fraud

"Here are the facts. Acorn verifies the legitimacy of every registration its canvassers collect. If they can't authenticate the registration, or it's incomplete or questionable in other ways, they flag that form as problematic ("fraudulent", "incomplete", et cetera). They then hand in all registration forms, even the problematic ones, to elections officials, as they are required to do by law. In almost every case where you've heard about fraud by Acorn, it's because Acorn itself notified officials about the fraud that's been perpetrated on them by rogue canvassers. Most officials who run to the media screaming "Acorn is committing fraud" know all of the above but don't bother to share those facts with the media they've run to. None of this is about voter fraud. None of it. Where any fraud has occurred, it's voter registration fraud and has resulted in exactly zero fraudulent votes."

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Then why was it that county auditors were the ones rejecting some 2100 ACORN submitted fraudulent registration (same handwriting on all of them) forms? ACORN can say one thing and do something else entirely. Perhaps they are lacking on QA. Regardless, they either need to put a stop to it or they need to disappear.

Processor q6700 @ 3.2ghz
Motherboard Asus p5w DH Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Andy Samurai, 4x80mm silenx, 2x120mm silenx fans
Memory 2x2gb G.Skill 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) xfx black edition 6870
Storage 250gb seagate sata, 2x250gb seagate perp (raid0)
Display(s) dell 24"
Case Coolermaster atc s4000 sx-1
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy2 Platinum
Power Supply Antec True Power Trio 650w
Software winXP pro x64
Processor Intel I7 4820k EK Supremacy Nickel Waterblock
Motherboard Asus Rasmpage IV Extreme
Cooling Alphacool UT60 560 Radiator
Memory Kingston Hyper X 16gb 2400
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 580 Heatkiller Waterblock - EK Backplate
Storage SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Display(s) LG 24" Flatron
Case Silerstone TJ11
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Recon 3Di
Power Supply XFX Pro 1000 Platimum
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
of course use the oil while looking for a future fuel replacement. that's why it's there. to be used

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Google turns up no results matching "2100 ACORN submitted fraudulent registration"
What are you quoting?

Closest I could find was this link:
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/17/acorn-watch-1100-suspicious-voter-cards-in-nm/

Oddly, the link confirms that ACORN did identify a suspicious registration, which led to the discovery of the other suspect forms. Is there something else you're vaguely referring to?
From CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/09/acorn.fraud.claims/index.html?iref=newssearch
The group -- the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN -- already faces allegations of filing fraudulent voter registrations in Nevada and faces investigations in other states.

And in Lake County, home to the long-depressed steel town of Gary, the bipartisan Elections Board has stopped processing a stack of about 5,000 applications delivered just before the October 6 registration deadline after the first 2,100 turned out to be phony.

What does a voter registration application prove? Nothing.

Whats the point of somebody scribbling on that sheet. LOL

That doesn't even prove "Mickey Mouse" voted.

Where do you find this stuff? LOL Source?
Proves a hell of a lot in OHIO where the democratic party enabled this "register and vote on the same day" early voting scheme -- without requiring ID!! Obama and Acorn trying to steal OHIO and any other state they can through this type of crap.

Love this video.

Gerbles was spot on when he said "control the media, and the children, and you control the nation for generations..."

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing with all the ACORN issues is that we only know about them because ACORN employees are required by law to report any inconsistencies they notice, yet also required to submit all voter registrations they collect.

Hence, the "Mickey Mouse" reg form was flagged by an ACORN employee. These issues weren't "uncovered" by some covert Republican voter fraud taskforce, they are just using info that ACORN has itself provided in accordance with the law.

here's a link from a UK source for those who can't agree on what US sources are biased...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2008/oct/13/election-acorn-voter-fraud

"Here are the facts. Acorn verifies the legitimacy of every registration its canvassers collect. If they can't authenticate the registration, or it's incomplete or questionable in other ways, they flag that form as problematic ("fraudulent", "incomplete", et cetera). They then hand in all registration forms, even the problematic ones, to elections officials, as they are required to do by law. In almost every case where you've heard about fraud by Acorn, it's because Acorn itself notified officials about the fraud that's been perpetrated on them by rogue canvassers. Most officials who run to the media screaming "Acorn is committing fraud" know all of the above but don't bother to share those facts with the media they've run to. None of this is about voter fraud. None of it. Where any fraud has occurred, it's voter registration fraud and has resulted in exactly zero fraudulent votes."

They don't. In states that do not require voter identification, then, well, ACORN just regiters anyone they want... as often as they want!

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
im from iraq and my vote go to obama
and by the way guys i see here people here talk about iraq , if anyone need real information about iraq im ready any time , and if anyone think the iraq is suck or all people there are bad please ask me and im explain anything , im not here to troll, im just want to show hidden fact's cover's with lie's
thanx a lot tpu member's

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional
and by the way guys i see here people here talk about iraq , if anyone need real information about iraq im ready any time , and if anyone think the iraq is suck or all people there are bad please ask me and im explain anything , im not here to troll, im just want to show hidden fact's cover's with lie's
thanx a lot tpu member's

You are a good man. You are the bright future of Iraq. I think people like you deserve your country back. :)

System Name MASTER
Processor Core i7 3930k run at 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage IV extreme
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 4x4G kingston hyperx beast 2400mhz
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX680
Storage 2X Crusial M4 256g raid0, 1TbWD g, 2x500 WD B
Display(s) Samsung 27' 1080P LED 3D monitior 2ms
Case CoolerMaster Chosmos II
Audio Device(s) Creative sound blaster X-FI Titanum champion,Creative speakers 7.1 T7900
Power Supply Corsair 1200i, Logitch G500 Mouse, headset Corsair vengeance 1500
Software Win7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3d mark 2011: testing
You are a good man. You are the bright future of Iraq. I think people like you deserve your country back. :)

thanx my friend you are the better man, and i don't want only my country back , only we need is peace , peace can give as time to develop iraq and our self , we just want to like other Europe country's or maybe like America , we are country of money but no one have the money

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
thanx my friend you are the better man, and i don't want only my country back , only we need is peace , peace can give as time to develop iraq and our self , we just want to like other Europe country's or maybe like America , we are country of money but no one have the money

Wow, so many questions -- Sunni or Shia? Do you like Saudi Arabia or Iran better?

Since we're all tired of talking about the US election, might as well talk about this.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
mdm-adph, so far, unless I am thinking of someone else, I have yet too see how someone who supports Ron Paul could possibly think that OBama is a good candidate. Care to explain how either one of those are even remotely alike?

Okay, just this once, since the question was asked nicely:

Well, first of all, I don't really see how you see me as a "super Obama supporter" or anything -- yeah, I've been sticking up for him in this thread, but mostly just because he seems to be the current target (it's amazing just how little talk of McCain has gone on here -- apparently there's very little to talk about with him).

Though, your original question -- how are they even remotely alike?

Well, they're both fairly unusual men as far as "normal" politicians are concerned, eh? Ron Paul -- quasi-libertarian, a true-Republican -- couldn't be more different from the rest of the current Republican party in the US if he tried. His sudden upswell of support among those of the "Internet" generation shows good things as far as how Libertarian principles are thought of by that group of young people.

And Obama -- well, he's a half-black/half-white child of a broken marriage who's managed to bring himself up to the position of potentially being the President of the US. You have to admit seeing his picture in the big line of "Famous Portraits of US Presidents" would be rather striking, right? :laugh:

I admit that politically, the two men probably couldn't be more different, but then again the role of the US President has often been seen (or at least, should be seen) as one whose job is to protect the US Constitution rather than be a source of legislative action. When the President is trying to create laws from the White House, there's a problem.

In that respect, I think that either man could protect the constitution just as well as the other -- Obama, with his background in constitutional law and his time spent as a lawyer, and Ron Paul with his solid Libertarians principles.

EDIT: Oh yeah -- both men are also very much against the US invading Iraq. Forgot about that one.

Last edited:
thanx a lot tpu member's

God bless you and those of you in your country who want peace.

But Obama would pack up the coaliition troops and leave you all to your own, to fight Al Qaida alone. To fight the war-lords... alone.

At least John McCain has the courage to tell the american people that, even though it's NOT POPULAR, it's still important to help Iraq get their country back on it's feet.

Obama was against the "surge", as we call it here - the recent actions to root out insurgents in Iraq... but now he must admit that it worked. Iraq grows safer and more stable every day, thanks in great part to people like you. And of course thanks to our brave American men and women who are risking their lives voluntarily over there.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
God bless you and those of you in your country who want peace.

But Obama would pack up the coaliition troops and leave you all to your own, to fight Al Qaida alone. To fight the war-lords... alone.
It's so nice of you to ignore the fact that this is now what the Iraqi people apparently want (troops out in 16 months).

Though, it'd be nice to hear what hayder.master has to say about it.

Oh, and lets' not forget -- Obama is all about universal health care...
How's that working out in the UK, you ask? Well, to Obama, it's just GREAT!

But is it?

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Cooling Stock
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Software Win 10 Pro
Oh, and lets' not forget -- Obama is all about universal health care...
How's that working out in the UK, you ask? Well, to Obama, it's just GREAT!

But is it?

OMG UR RIGHT

There must be people climbing over one another trying to get to the US to experience their wonderful health care system.

Wait a sec -- there's not.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Status
Not open for further replies.