• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte RMA Problems. I will no longer recommend them!!!

dude you really jumped the gun on this issue, if your having so many problems request a replacement. If you become nasty with the Customer Service they will refuse to help you, that applies anywhere, you can always call and ask to talk to the top tech there.

But first of all Try the RMA then if that doesnt help any i have plenty of boards to recommend

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1004226&postcount=4544

Agreed. Stop getting so frustrated. Gigabyte HAVE already offered you in one of their responses to replace the board. In the first place anyway, why didnt you RMA? Why did you leave it for FIVE months and just complain about BIOS updates when you could have had a perfectly working board after RMAing?

EDIT:

"Answer - 667853
Answer : Please note that bios is not something which you can release it a day or two, it will takes weeks or months to complete the test before being able to release it. We can assist
in warranty service
, but any replacement for an different model cannot be done. Please contact our service department to provide you with more details and assistant regarding your request. You can email them at ( services@gigabyte-usa.com ) "

I don't have much sympathy for you because your slandering gigabyte for your own fault. A bios fix will NOT rectify a Dead on arrival motherboard. Good luck on a successful RMA after you've posted whats technically libel, most people went tl;dr and now have a distorted perception of them.

WHAT RMA issues are you talking about?

Answer - 666812
Answer : Examine all your components and attempt to test with just the bare minimal installed
- cpu along with heatsinkfan
- single stick of memory
- videocard
- single hdd and optical drive

Are there any issue when operating with these components installed?
We only offer manufacture warranty service here, if you feel the board is the issue you may send in to us for further examination, any refunds will need to be through your vendor where it was purchased from.

Question - 667853
Sent : 10/14/2008 09:18
Question : I already tried everything you suggested along with many more techniques. Like I've mentioned in my previous question, I am extremely fluent in computer technology. This particular motherboard is defective by design IMO. A bios update may resolve the issues I'm experiencing, but Gigabyte has an "Extremely" bad habit with taking ages to release bios updates for there products. It's bad enough you guys released a bios update which made my system even worst.

The vender told me Gigabyte should be releasing newer BIOS UPDATES to resolve early issues with new motherboards released, so this was my main reason why I did not take back the motherboard and so far Gigabyte has not delivered. If I new Gigabyte had problems releasing adequate bios updates for there products consistently, I would never have purchased this Gigabyte product.

They're assisting you and now you slam them. Its not Gigabyte's fault that you can't RMA, its the Vendors. A lot of vendors are known to not process RMAs until the manufacturer gets them to. Read newegg reviews, its NOT a by design issue. So you're switching back to ASUS. Yes I'm sure that their BIOS updates will rectify a motherboard with a physical defect.

Some TPU members seriously need to read the whole thing before making a conclusion :shadedshu

Last edited:
System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
Good job GIGABYTE!!! ..... we're hearing a lot of issues against you I think you're going to be best of the worst ...... by the way they do make nice packages with nice colors;)

Good job GIGABYTE!!! ..... we're hearing a lot of issues against you I think you're going to be best of the worst ...... by the way they do make nice packages with nice colors;)

Absent minded post much? He didn't RMA and hes complaining about not being able to, when he is able to, and moreover is complaining over the BIOS updates not being able to repair his board (since when were they able to do that?).

Not Gigabyte's fault. The Consumer.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
*Agrees with TK* Gig has never done me wrong on an RMA, and I have two high end gig boards.

membreya

So you're switching back to ASUS. Yes I'm sure that their BIOS updates will rectify a motherboard with a physical defect.

Gotta agree there mate, yes Asus can make some good mobos but the last one I had was an Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi ...ended up selling it on the cheap as DTS connect would freeze the computer when outputting via optical.

They even admitted that it was a known fault with the board that many users exerienced ....but left me out in the cold and just suggested I try "new drivers" constantly and refused to replace it or accept an RMA.

Yin

Processor Intel i7 920
Motherboard ASUS RAMPAGE II Extreme
Cooling CM v10
Memory Corsair 3 x 2GB TR3X6G1866C9DF
Video Card(s) Nvidia XFX 8800GT Stock
Storage Seagate ST3500320AS, 2 x Samsung HD103UJ
Display(s) 2408WFP
Case Corsair 800D
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
I repair and build computers as a hobby and have "considerable experience" in this field. I only ask one thing, and that is to take this piece of junk I've purchased for an $expensive$ premium and replace it with a completely "NEW" sealed in a BOX SB750 based AM2+ motherboard with at least Crossfire X (GA-MA790GP-DS4H).

I also repair and build computers as a hobby but that doesn't mean I know everything.

I already tried everything you suggested along with many more techniques. Like I've mentioned in my previous question, I am extremely fluent in computer technology. This particular motherboard is defective by design IMO. A bios update may resolve the issues I'm experiencing, but Gigabyte has an "Extremely" bad habit with taking ages to release bios updates for there products. It's bad enough you guys released a bios update which made my system even worst.

Fair enough you have tried everything they suggested along with other things, but that doesn't give you the right to say the motherboard is defective by design...... if its a defected motherboard and they offer you another one to correct it. TRY IT. don't blame design based on ONE board.

Answer : Please note that bios is not something which you can release it a day or two, it will takes weeks or months to complete the test before being able to release it. We can assist
in warranty service, but any replacement for an different model cannot be done. Please contact our service department to provide you with more details and assistant regarding your request. You can email them at ( services@gigabyte-usa.com )

I think this is a sensible reply. The person is trying to help but they have policies they have to follow. Its there for a reason.

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
This may make me a new enemy, but I declare failure on your part. That is not how you talk to a CSR.

Restart with a new CSR, and talk in a polite, but firm manor. Make sure your message to them is spell checked, grammar is correct, and avoid anything that looks trashy.

Make sure you don't come off as being an arrogant prick. (NOT saying you are)

With this method, I have achieved success, for the most part.

Chris
Maybe I should have posted everything. I've already sent an extremely polite e-mail to Gigabyte tech support and all they’ve done is absolutely nothing. So my original post was part 3 of a 3 e-mail session which I did not post. Just this last post I was extremely frustrated so I posted it.

I shouldn't have to RMA and I shouldn't have to wait more than 5 months for serivce. This is intolerable.

I did my do diligence, they’ve failed to accurately respond with a solution. I also gave Gigabyte 5 months to resolve any issues relating to this motherboard. So they responded with a 2 month old bios update released in December 2008 which basically makes my system even worst.

This is why I posted this info so that people can draw there own conclusions. For me I already know the outcome, Gigabyte NO MORE!!!

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
well if possible, get the RMA request, your gonna have to pester them, and TBH no MB company should give you problems if you dont tell them everything, you told them everything.

I suggest the RMA, and then sell the board so there is not 1 that is bunk in the market.

Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
well if possible, get the RMA request, your gonna have to pester them, and TBH no MB company should give you problems if you dont tell them everything, you told them everything.

I suggest the RMA, and then sell the board so there is not 1 that is bunk in the market.
I will request an RMA, it’s just a hassle to take everything apart. My concern is I will run into the same problem which in turn will result in a waist of my time RMA's the thing.

But I will do it and see the outcome. Thanks.

Agreed. Stop getting so frustrated. Gigabyte HAVE already offered you in one of their responses to replace the board. In the first place anyway, why didnt you RMA? Why did you leave it for FIVE months and just complain about BIOS updates when you could have had a perfectly working board after RMAing?

EDIT:

I don't have much sympathy for you because your slandering gigabyte for your own fault. A bios fix will NOT rectify a Dead on arrival motherboard. Good luck on a successful RMA after you've posted whats technically libel, most people went tl;dr and now have a distorted perception of them.

WHAT RMA issues are you talking about?

They're assisting you and now you slam them. Its not Gigabyte's fault that you can't RMA, its the Vendors. A lot of vendors are known to not process RMAs until the manufacturer gets them to. Read newegg reviews, its NOT a by design issue. So you're switching back to ASUS. Yes I'm sure that their BIOS updates will rectify a motherboard with a physical defect.

Some TPU members seriously need to read the whole thing before making a conclusion :shadedshu
I've had this motherboard for 5 months. It's not a Dead on Arrival. It's consistently unreliable. And back then in my first response to Gigabyte, they’ve said to me they were working on a bios update that should resolve many issues because they’ve gotten many complaints and feedback. Well, once they did release this so called newer bios it completely screwed everything up not to mention they were 5 months late in releasing it anyway.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Can't say I've personally had any bad experiences with gigabyte

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I've had this motherboard for 5 months. It's not a Dead on Arrival. It's consistently unreliable. And back then in my first response to Gigabyte, they’ve said to me they were working on a bios update that should resolve many issues because they’ve gotten many complaints and feedback. Well, once they did release this so called newer bios it completely screwed everything up not to mention they were 5 months late in releasing it anyway.

All it takes is one week, for you to find out if the board is "consistently unreliable". You could of filed RMA then.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Well, if it has that many problems, chances are it's defective. I haven't heard many other people complaining to the extent that you are. I say it's a defective board.

This may make me a new enemy, but I declare failure on your part. That is not how you talk to a CSR.

Restart with a new CSR, and talk in a polite, but firm manor. Make sure your message to them is spell checked, grammar is correct, and avoid anything that looks trashy.

Make sure you don't come off as being an arrogant prick. (NOT saying you are)

With this method, I have achieved success, for the most part.

Chris

Couldn't agree more. If you want someones help, don't be a dick to work with. If being friendly and understanding doesn't help, you can always become a dick afterward. But not until they actually deserve it.

The motherboard failing to perform normally means that its DEFECTIVE. I do not understand your logic. Just RMA the board, NOBODY else has the same issue as you.

Gigabyte cannot do anything on a software level to fix a hardware defect. What you are asking literally is for gigabyte to use 0s and 1s to repair something like a piece of broken silicon-it DOESNT WORK.

Is that clear? Stop complaining about Gigabyte's "poor customer service" when they've taken the appropriate steps, yet you've just completely slammed, slandered and insulted them inappropriately. If their customer is so poor, then why did they ask you to diagnose the problem?

Did you even follow their steps? No you didnt. You kept asking for a BIOS update. You got a BIOS update, now your board is still defective, and you STILL insist that a BIOS update will work. Please use more logic.

Heard of the three strikes and you're out? Well you've done that. On a legal level you are still entitled to RMA, thus just go ahead with it. We don't want to hear more mindless whining, we want to hear a happy enthusiast who has just got a perfectly working board back from an RMA. Simply, take that board out of the system, and RMA, if you say something like "oh its a bother" then don't bother on continuing your mindless and baseless crusade on Gigabyte. Just to warn you continuing to libel about such a MINOR matter on other sites and here may land you in court as they recognise that some people are rather ignorant and will just read the title of the thread and immediately change their opinions -COUGH COUGH- (I do not support elitism).

Last edited:
The motherboard failing to perform normally means that its DEFECTIVE. I do not understand your logic. Just RMA the board, NOBODY else has the same issue as you.

Gigabyte cannot do anything on a software level to fix a hardware defect. What you are asking literally is for gigabyte to use 0s and 1s to repair something like a piece of broken silicon-it DOESNT WORK.

Is that clear? Stop complaining about Gigabyte's "poor customer service" when they've taken the appropriate steps, yet you've just completely slammed, slandered and insulted them inappropriately. If their customer is so poor, then why did they ask you to diagnose the problem?

Did you even follow their steps? No you didnt. You kept asking for a BIOS update. You got a BIOS update, now your board is still defective, and you STILL insist that a BIOS update will work. Please use more logic.

Heard of the three strikes and you're out? Well you've done that. On a legal level you are still entitled to RMA, thus just go ahead with it. We don't want to hear more mindless whining, we want to hear a happy enthusiast who has just got a perfectly working board back from an RMA. Simply, take that board out of the system, and RMA, if you say something like "oh its a bother" then don't bother on continuing your mindless and baseless crusade on Gigabyte. Just to warn you continuing to libel about such a MINOR matter on other sites and here may land you in court as they recognise that some people are rather ignorant and will just read the title of the thread and immediately change their opinions -COUGH COUGH- (I do not support elitism).
I either want a credit or a refund.
This motherboard never worked right in the fist place. But in the first weeks having this motherboard I was told by the retailer and by Gigabyte tech support they are working on a solution just like they would with any new product just to avoid an RMA.

The point is not to just RMA because I will just have the same problem with the same make and model board. But this is info I did not include in the original post.
Also me complaining about Gigabyte will never hold in court, we have something called Freedom of Speech. And people have a right to form there own opinions in this matter.

Sale of Goods Legislation
If a product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold, you're entitled to a full refund.

Last edited:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
If a product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold, you're entitled to a full refund.

Except that they reserve the right to test the board themselves to see if it's defective. if it's defective, they replace it, and thus, you get "a product that is perfectly fit for the purpose for which it was sold."

Quit bitching and RMA the damn board already. None of us want to hear about it until that happens. If they send another board, and it still does the same thing, THEN you can bitch.

System Name UltraPC
Processor E8500 Core 2 Duo, 1333Mhz FSB, 3.16Ghz @ 4.5GHz (got into Windows @ 4.75GHz)
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
Cooling CPU Cooler - TT V14 Pro, 2x120mm CM Blue LED fans, 1x90mm CM Blue LED fan
Memory G.Skill Pi 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR2 PC8000 (1000MHz), 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 512mb with ASUS EAH4850 BIOS
Storage 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 Raid 0
Display(s) Acer AL1912, 19" LCD screen
Case Thermaltake Soprano Black ATX case
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1, Speakers - 5 + Sub + Monitor speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake 850W Toughpower Cable Management - Quad (2x18A and 2x30A) 12V rails
Software Win 7 Pro x64, MSN, CS:Source, etc etc
Except that they reserve the right to test the board themselves to see if it's defective. if it's defective, they replace it, and thus, you get "a product that is perfectly fit for the purpose for which it was sold."

Quit bitching and RMA the damn board already. None of us want to hear about it until that happens. If they send another board, and it still does the same thing, and Gigabyte still dont want to refund, THEN you can bitch.

;)

Totally agree.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
This motherboard never worked right in the fist place. But in the first weeks having this motherboard I was told by the retailer and by Gigabyte tech support they are working on a solution just like they would with any new product just to avoid an RMA.

The point is not to just RMA because I will just have the same problem with the same make and model board. But this is info I did not include in the original post.
Also me complaining about Gigabyte will never hold in court, we have something called Freedom of Speech. And people have a right to form there own opinions in this matter.

I've had this motherboard for 5 months. It's not a Dead on Arrival. It's consistently unreliable.

one mistake you made, you believed the Place that sold you the board, never trust them on that stuff as all they are there to do is sell the stuff and make money, just ask for a refund and get a new board, also another point being, to me a board that hasn't worked at all since you first powered it up is like a DOA, I had a video card for 3 days only and then i started having POST Problems, i put a known working card in and post problems stopped so i requested RMA and i got a New Board and no problems since.

Last edited:

Quit bitching and RMA the damn board already. None of us want to hear about it until that happens. If they send another board, and it still does the same thing, THEN you can bitch.
I am going to :laugh:
I am in talks with the place of purchase first, they may give me a store credit. Like I said before I am not the only person having problems with this motherboard.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I am not the only person having problems with this motherboard.

Nobody is unique. But I should say, GA-790FX-DS5 is one of the better 790FX boards.

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
completely agree with TK here, he should send the board back to where he bought it if he wants his money, like gigabyte are just going to get their cheque book out and say here you go :slap:

take the replacment or rma, whats so difficult

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Nobody is unique. But I should say, GA-790FX-DS5 is one of the better 790FX boards.

compared to what exactly, may i ask, probably the only feature i cant stand is dual bios, as i use mod bios code primarily, and if the 1 chip goes possible the other will too, and you cant change them.

You really need to dispose of that "I am always right" nature of yours, because its causing some friction here. RMAing will give you a board that DOES NOT HAVE THESE ISSUES. As simple as that. Even if you go into court and argue, you'd lose 100%, even with freedom of speech. Why not RMA the board then sell it? Does that spongy, blood filled thing in your skull work?

The refund is NOT up to Gigabyte, but up to the vendor. Theres always a 14 Day refund policy for a reason :rolleyes:

"Sale of Goods Legislation
If a product is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold, you're entitled to a full refund."

Sorry but its a motherboard, it DOES fufil its role. However its faulty. JUST RMA IT!!!

Last edited: