• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBEditor 1.14 won't open bios from Gainward 3850

parkie

RBEditor 1.14 won't open the bios I dumped from my new Gainward 3850. It says 'invalid file specified. Not an ATI Bios? - Debug information: 'CheckValid' reprot error.' So i downloaded an ati bios with the same vendor number as my card is reporting 0x1002. This ATI bios can be opened and edited with RBEditor 1.14, so I did the edits I wanted, tried to flash it and atiflash came up withit came up with some kind of SSID error saying they didn't match. Can I force flash through this and will the card still work? I have the latest ATIflash and need to slow my fans down they're too loud!!

hope you can help

P

pigo1973

Same thing here...
I just want to change fan speed... this thing is sooooo loud!!

parkie

Same thing here...
I just want to change fan speed... this thing is sooooo loud!!

I think the newest drivers from ATI/AMD have a fan control setting in them, maybe you should try that. I ended up buying an Arctic Cooling Accelero which doesn't have a fan and it keeps it cool as well.

p

pigo1973

I think the newest drivers from ATI/AMD have a fan control setting in them, maybe you should try that. I ended up buying an Arctic Cooling Accelero which doesn't have a fan and it keeps it cool as well.

p

Fan control doesn't show up with 8.10 and this card (Palit also, it is the same card).
I manage to slow fan down with 4850 fan fix trick, profile thing in ccc.

parkie

Fan control doesn't show up with 8.10 and this card (Palit also, it is the same card).
I manage to slow fan down with 4850 fan fix trick, profile thing in ccc.

I did manage to find a bios that worked with this card and is editable in RBE, but the defaults are 720 and 900 which is higher than the original. I'm running it with no problems. I've attached for you but don't blame me if it doesn't work. I think it's from a powercolor card due to it's name.

p

Attachments

• Power02.zip
    39.2 KB · Views: 268