• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Who'll be the better president?

Who'll be the better president?

• Barack Obama

Votes: 1,290 57.9%
  • John McCain

Votes: 333 14.9%
  • But I want George W. Bush

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 429 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
@DaMulta

Please stop saying stupid things like blowing up towns because there was a bomb in the vicinity. Seriously. Are you drunk?

How about this? Some mailboxes in your area get M80s tossed in them and blown up. So the police react by coming along and arresting everyone in the area including you. They do this because there's a 90% probability that the culprits live in the area where the explosions took place.

How would you like to explain to your boss that you were arrested for something you didn't do and had nothing to do with whatsoever? You wouldn't because the police don't operate like that. It doesn't make any sense.

The only thing it would cause is people to go vigilante and take out whoever they thought did it. You can only hope the vigilantes get it right though.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
System Name Work in progress
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Memory Crucial2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-16000
Video Card(s) CrossfireX 2 X HD 4890 1GB OCed to 1000Mhz
Storage SSD 64GB
Display(s) Envision 24'' 1920x1200
Case Using the desk ATM
Audio Device(s) Sucky onboard for now :(
Power Supply 1000W TruePower Quattro
Just to add Tatty.

One of my good friends that is now back. Did a tour in Afghanistan(He believed we should not of respected the boarders at all)that affected him all the time. They could not do anything about it.
He does say that the people in Afghanistan will work with you, but the people in Iraq do not work with you. Because of that he said it is a total different war.

He also did two tours in Iraq, one time living thru a IED blast(can not hear out of one ear now)He has seen some crazy things such as someone going into a school gym and blowing themselves up and killing all the kids that were there. He seen that, and I know that will always be there with him.
He believes that we should of never of backed down, and just pushed harder till they understood to completely stop what they are doing.

patrol the streets on foot is something he clearly says does not work on them.

He came back around the start of this year.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
@Damulta

Please stop saying stupid things like blowing up towns because there was a bomb in the vicinity. Seriously. Are you drunk?

How about this? Some mailboxes in your area get M80s tossed in them and blown up. So the police react by coming along and arresting everyone in the area including you. They do this because there's a 90% probability that the culprits live in the area where the explosions took place.

How would you like to explain to your boss that you were arrested for something you didn't do and had nothing to do with whatsoever? You wouldn't because the police don't operate like that. It doesn't make any sense.

The only thing it would cause is people to go vigilante and take out whoever they thought did it. You can only hope the vigilantes get it right though.

My war talk is now over.

It is a very touchy subject, even more than politics because it deals with real people and real lifes.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
We cannot cut military spending. If we did, then the world would attack us, or another piss ant country would, and then what do we do? kill them with sticks and stones because we have no military. And cutting military spending will not fix the view the world has of America.

It depends on what you cut. Eight hundred and some bases around the world? One trillion dollars a year? Necessary? Absolutley not.

That kind of cutting would not weaken the military, it would make stronger, because some of the money could go into a stronger national defense, instead of an over-zealous and costly offense.

The view the world has of America, is noone but America's fault. Sure, the Middle East is full of twisted nut-jobs, and the Asians are plenty bizzare... but they've always been like that. The WORLD has changed itself, and America has a large part in that unfortunatley.

Regardless, having military bases in other countries who clearly don't want them there, isn't helping anything, and all the while it's costing the u.S. lives and money.

WWII and Japan was entirely different. A WAR! was going on, a WORLD WAR, and it was a military/strategic plan (though not a good one) by Japan, during a WORLD WAR. America did the right thing and ended that portion of it quickly, with an atomic bomb, but military campaigns in the far east did not end on that note, because it was a WAR.

Iraq is not a WAR; it's just a bloodier version of Desert Storm, which was not a war, but rather a political wag-the-dog.

It's pretty simple to me. Get the troops out, cut the spending and decide whether to bomb the whole place, or just leave it be.

Just to add Tatty.

One of my good friends that is now back. Did a tour in Afghanistan(He believed we should not of respected the boarders at all)that affected him all the time. They could not do anything about it.
He does say that the people in Afghanistan will work with you, but the people in Iraq do not work with you. Because of that he said it is a total different war.

He also did two tours in Iraq, one time living thru a IED blast(can not hear out of one ear now)He has seen some crazy things such as someone going into a school gym and blowing themselves up and killing all the kids that were there. He seen that, and I know that will always be there with him.
He believes that we should of never of backed down, and just pushed harder till they understood to completely stop what they are doing.

patrol the streets on foot is something he clearly says does not work on them.

He came back around the start of this year.

Your friend apparently, despite all his first hand 'expertise,' in the Middle East, knows nothing of Middle Eastern zeal and politics.
Pushing harder will only make them push back harder. They have only ideals to live for, not mortality, or families, or shiny precious automobiles in their four car garages on some Malibu lane parkway.

I remember this picture several years ago, of these badass Abrams tanks rolling down a dusty road in the Middle East, and some little kid, probably less than ten years old, was dressed in rebel garb, whilst holding a sling-shot with a rock in it, aimed at the tank. Now...this is a bit of an exaggeration, but not by too much. If little kids are willing to run out and pull a David vs. Goliath, against a military that's supposedly trying to 'help' by spreading Democracy, than you know something's not right.

Palit_Guy

Palit Representative
Newconroer- These are some very valid points about the religious nature of this war on the Iraq side. Definitely a nasty business when you combine religion, politics and gun powder.

pepsi71ocean

System Name The Grand Phoenix Clusterflop
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb @3.4GHz
Motherboard ASRock 870 EXTREME3
Cooling Xigmatec S1284 (Lapped)1x200mm, 4x120mm
Memory Muskin Silverline 4GB DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470 SC Edition 1280mb RAM (C/S/M)(640/1280/1705)
Storage 2x500GB Seagate, 32MB Cache 1xWD 40GB UMD IDE Hdd.
Display(s) SAMSUNG 22" LCDTV HD Monitor and Samsung 24"
Case COOLER MASTER RC-690
Audio Device(s) USB 2.0 Sound (USB out to my Stero System)
Power Supply Thermaltake XT TPX-775M 775W
Software Windows XP Home SP3
It depends on what you cut. Eight hundred and some bases around the world? One trillion dollars a year? Necessary? Absolutley not.
That kind of cutting would not weaken the military, it would make stronger, because some of the money could go into a stronger national defense, instead of an over-zealous and costly offense.

No it wouldn't not cut out on offense, or defense, but it would KILL the ECONOMY of that COUNTRY, and then when we pull out of these countries that have built and catered to the needs of these bases, their economies will tank and go to hell, then they will blame us for that.

Plus i don't think that the Germans o0r the Turks, or the Saudis hate American Military Bases in their countries, or most if not all the rest. What about South Korea, or Taiwan? Those countries are grateful for having screaming gun-ho Marines in there.

The view the world has of America, is noone but America's fault. Sure, the Middle East is full of twisted nut-jobs, and the Asians are plenty bizzare... but they've always been like that. The WORLD has changed itself, and America has a large part in that unfortunatley. Regardless, having military bases in other countries who clearly don't want them there, isn't helping anything, and all the while it's costing the u.S. lives and money.

What countries are these? And don't you dare say Iraq and Afghanistan, because they do not count since these countries are currently at war against terrorism.

WWII and Japan was entirely different. A WAR! was going on, a WORLD WAR, and it was a military/strategic plan (though not a good one) by Japan, during a WORLD WAR. America did the right thing and ended that portion of it quickly, with an atomic bomb, but military campaigns in the far east did not end on that note, because it was a WAR.

Yes, WW2 was different, because it was a "real war" not some made up political crap. This is where we as the world have lost it. We fight these political wars(or police actions), which by their nature are un-winnable. War must be fought, and i will tell you this, i have friends over there, and some of them admit that we go "over the fence" to kill some of these terrorist, because regular line troops can't, because they are over the line in the sand. Hell the terrorist can shoot and kill American troops on the border, and we can't fire back because the terrorist are on the wrong side. This is the political crap is what separates police actions from wars.

Iraq is not a WAR; it's just a bloodier version of Desert Storm, which was not a war, but rather a political wag-the-dog.
It's pretty simple to me. Get the troops out, cut the spending and decide whether to bomb the whole place, or just leave it be.

You are Right!, Iraq and Afghanistan are not wars, they are police actions. Because if they were wars we would have kicked the shit out of every country in the middle east.

I remember this picture several years ago, of these badass Abrams tanks rolling down a dusty road in the Middle East, and some little kid, probably less than ten years old, was dressed in rebel garb, whilst holding a sling-shot with a rock in it, aimed at the tank. Now...this is a bit of an exaggeration, but not by too much. If little kids are willing to run out and pull a David vs. Goliath, against a military that's supposedly trying to 'help' by spreading Democracy, than you know something's not right.

Massive force will leave to victory, yes you might kill some terrroist, and that creates new terrorist, but then again do you really think that these countries in the middle east don't have control of the terrorism. Iran and Lebanon fund Terrorist orginazation called Hesbolla, and that terrorist organization has been at war against Israel for over 30 years. Israel went into Lebanon and kicked the shit out of them, and they were winning until the U.N. got involved and said "Bad Israel". Hell i rounded up 40+ friends of mine who are hard core, and we formed "The America Brigade". All of us are knowledgeable in Tae Kwundo, Judo, and Akido, and we all are marksmen and hunters by nature. We were going to go over there, and go into the parts of Lebanon where Israel couldn't. Hired mercenaries we wanted to be, but unfortunately by the time that we got things set up the war was over. wire and do the dirty work, because we felt that the U.N. had no place to get involved with this.

And the U.N. is doing the same stunt now, I really think that the U.N. Back terrorism, because if the U.S. doesn't get this treaty signed our troops will be stuck in their barracks after December 31, and what good does dead weight have in an unstable country, all this does is reinforce the worlds view of how we ruined Iraq.

Newconroer- These are some very valid points about the religious nature of this war on the Iraq side. Definitely a nasty business when you combine religion, politics and gun powder.
Agreed .

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
O know I said I would stop with the war talk....

I find this interesting, because that's what my dad has been screaming the whole time. Bomb the whole place and let it be. If they rebuild again and we don't like it, do it again. Everyone wants to get ahead in life, everyone no matter where you are from. They will get it right at some point
I myself just don't see that being the right thing to do personally.

U did have some interesting points that you did make.

It is really bad that I and everyone else that is talking about this, is that it's about real people. People are not numbers, we like to think that sometimes, but that's untrue.

For that I do feel bad about talking about war, how it should be done, how we should kill people and all the rest of it.

It is never a nice thing to talk about, it's a very hard subject, and a very evil subject. It's very horrible that we human beings do these things to one another instead of finding common ground to share.

More so today, because never in the history of man could we talk, travel, and learn things about each other like we have been able to do for the last 100 years. We should be able to learn from our past, and understand that evil is evil and evil is never the way to act to another person.

pepsi71ocean

O know I said I would stop with the war talk....
I myself just don't see that being the right thing to do personally.
U did have some interesting points that you did make.
It is really bad that I and everyone else that is talking about this, is that it's about real people. People are not numbers, we like to think that sometimes, but that's untrue.
For that I do feel bad about talking about war, how it should be done, how we should kill people and all the rest of it.
It is never a nice thing to talk about, it's a very hard subject, and a very evil subject. It's very horrible that we human beings do these things to one another instead of finding common ground to share.
More so today, because never in the history of man could we talk, travel, and learn things about each other like we have been able to do for the last 100 years. We should be able to learn from our past, and understand that evil is evil and evil is never the way to act to another person.

I agree, and it truly is a shame no doubt, however mankind is belligerent by nature. And while world peace will most likely never exist, the horrors of genocide and war have not disappeared either.

I feel that it is necessary to point out a good quote form the late Josef Stalin; "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Unfortunately, we as a world have become more weary of things, and we are hypersensitive to how the world views us, or how one country views another actions. In an era where we would be one united empire, and we should be pulling our resources to colonies other planets, not other countries. We should be expanding to other planets, extending the Human race to Mars, and the moon, and we should be developing hyper transport to beam ourselves between distant stars, instead of nuclear bombs the size of a briefcase.

But, i guess that this will never be true, so as long as one caveman beat up the other caveman for his extended living space for his growing family. However, despite me looking like a warmonger, i feel that the next great move to colonize and attack should be under the banner and flag of the world, and not on some small country.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
No it wouldn't not cut out on offense, or defense, but it would KILL the ECONOMY of that COUNTRY, and then when we pull out of these countries that have built and catered to the needs of these bases, their economies will tank and go to hell, then they will blame us for that.

And the alternative is to what?; stay there under the premise that they might get upset that American retreat resulted in a fluxuation in their economy? Come on, how long must it go on. The forefathers WARNED emphatically about entangling alliances, and TODAY is the proof in the pudding. Your example is the proof in the pudding...

Yes, America is ass deep in a lot of things they shouldn't be, but while all that's going on, Americans are dying, and the AMERICAN ECONOMY is going to shit. We don't want to see anyone suffer, but America does not have a responsibility to anyone but thesmelves.
It's time to pull the plug.

Plus i don't think that the Germans o0r the Turks, or the Saudis hate American Military Bases in their countries, or most if not all the rest. What about South Korea, or Taiwan? Those countries are grateful for having screaming gun-ho Marines in there.
No, obviously some countries rather enjoy the presences and 'protection,' but why should they get it? Again, not America's responsibility. Maybe in a future world where everything is a 'hands-across-the-world' utopia, and there's only a small amount of 'baddies,' left, then America can 'help' out others; but for now, they need to turn their attention to themselves.

You got babies found in garbage cans, teenage mothers with four kids on welfare and no future, disabled vets dying in the gutters, kids taking guns to school, continous poverty, a rising inflation, a rising unemployment, a massive immigration issue, an overbearing income tax, a dwindling housing market...shall I go on? And you're supposed to care about some people across the ocean?

Yes, WW2 was different, because it was a "real war" not some made up political crap. This is where we as the world have lost it. We fight these political wars(or police actions), which by their nature are un-winnable. War must be fought, and i will tell you this, i have friends over there, and some of them admit that we go "over the fence" to kill some of these terrorist, because regular line troops can't, because they are over the line in the sand. Hell the terrorist can shoot and kill American troops on the border, and we can't fire back because the terrorist are on the wrong side. This is the political crap is what separates police actions from wars.

Agreed.

Massive force will leave to victory, yes you might kill some terrroist, and that creates new terrorist, but then again do you really think that these countries in the middle east don't have control of the terrorism. Iran and Lebanon fund Terrorist orginazation called Hesbolla, and that terrorist organization has been at war against Israel for over 30 years. Israel went into Lebanon and kicked the shit out of them, and they were winning until the U.N. got involved and said "Bad Israel". Hell i rounded up 40+ friends of mine who are hard core, and we formed "The America Brigade". All of us are knowledgeable in Tae Kwundo, Judo, and Akido, and we all are marksmen and hunters by nature. We were going to go over there, and go into the parts of Lebanon where Israel couldn't. Hired mercenaries we wanted to be, but unfortunately by the time that we got things set up the war was over. wire and do the dirty work, because we felt that the U.N. had no place to get involved with this.

Well I hope your aim is better than your martial arts, because Tae and Judo are not going to hurt anyone. No offense, but martial 'arts' result in this > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BLQjntCXz3Q
Hehe.

Though, you know, the mercenary idea isn't bad, but given the political climate today, wouldn't you just be causing more problems?

@DaMulta

In my heart of hearts, no, I wouldn't want to see them bombed. A lot of people would say that because America left, they'd rally together for an attack, but if America focuses her defense, you really think the Middle East, or anyone for that matter, can mass an attack against the u.S.???

I don't.

So I'm fine with just letting them be, let them blow themselves all to hell.

Last edited:

pepsi71ocean

Yes, America is ass deep in a lot of things they shouldn't be, but while all that's going on, Americans are dying, and the AMERICAN ECONOMY is going to shit. We don't want to see anyone suffer, but America does not have a responsibility to anyone but thesmelves.
It's time to pull the plug.

Agreed, but then again we started this mess in iraq, and we should see it through till its done.

You got babies found in garbage cans, teenage mothers with four kids on welfare and no future, disabled vets dying in the gutters, kids taking guns to school, continous poverty, a rising inflation, a rising unemployment, a massive immigration issue, an overbearing income tax, a dwindling housing market...shall I go on? And you're supposed to care about some people across the ocean?

I would support the Government taking orphans and kids off the street, and then putting them into a government run military school system with housing, and when they turn 18 have them enter the military, as a form of back pay. Thus we kill many birds with one stone, Fix the unadaptive of kids, kids in the garbage, crack parents with kids on welfare.

In either case a draft will help straightening out the kids of today. Not to mention cut down on health care costs because the draft would reduce obesity in children.

Well I hope your aim is better than your martial arts, because Tae and Judo are not going to hurt anyone. No offense, but martial 'arts' result in this > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BLQjntCXz3Q
Hehe.

All tae and Judo have more to do with disarming, and throwing then actual H2H. Akido is H2H. I learned Judo and Akido because they go hand in hand. Judo teaches you to flow with the enemies movementum, and in the case of self defense it works, i can throw off a knife attack and then use Akido to disarm the person and use the knife against him if needed.

Though, you know, the mercenary idea isn't bad, but given the political climate today, wouldn't you just be causing more problems?

Well, we were all gun ho about it at the time, because we felt that Israel was doing the right thing, and that the UN was shutting them down because Israel was being to "forceful".

Personally, it doesn't matter, the Middle east was full of savages like the terrorist 100 years ago, and 100 years from now that's all that will exist, and they an all destroy themselves for all i care. The only reason the middle east is so important is because of oil, and 100 years from now when we drive on electric and not gas, those head chopping savages will be left in the dust.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Motherboard ROG Strix X670-E
Cooling Lian Li Galahead 360 AIO
Memory 2x16gb Flare X5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5-6000 PC5-48000
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3060
Storage 2TB WD SN850X Black NVMe, 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe
Display(s) Gigabyte 32" IPS 144Hz
Case Hyte Y60
Power Supply Corsair RMx 850
Software Win 11 Pro/ PopOS!
Agreed, but then again we started this mess in iraq, and we should see it through till its done.

I would support the Government taking orphans and kids off the street, and then putting them into a government run military school system with housing, and when they turn 18 have them enter the military, as a form of back pay. Thus we kill many birds with one stone, Fix the unadaptive of kids, kids in the garbage, crack parents with kids on welfare.

In either case a draft will help straightening out the kids of today. Not to mention cut down on health care costs because the draft would reduce obesity in children.

All tae and Judo have more to do with disarming, and throwing then actual H2H. Akido is H2H. I learned Judo and Akido because they go hand in hand. Judo teaches you to flow with the enemies movementum, and in the case of self defense it works, i can throw off a knife attack and then use Akido to disarm the person and use the knife against him if needed.

Well, we were all gun ho about it at the time, because we felt that Israel was doing the right thing, and that the UN was shutting them down because Israel was being to "forceful".

Personally, it doesn't matter, the Middle east was full of savages like the terrorist 100 years ago, and 100 years from now that's all that will exist, and they an all destroy themselves for all i care. The only reason the middle east is so important is because of oil, and 100 years from now when we drive on electric and not gas, those head chopping savages will be left in the dust.

I'm curious as to what exactly is the condition that will validate the Iraq war as "won." I keep seeing people arguing we should finish the war and such, but no one seems to know what that really means. And the draft would not at all work w/ a war like this. You can't simply have a draft when half of the country (or more than half) disagrees w/ the war. It may have worked immediately after 9/11, but I think you've played too many video games. :D You can't simply force millions into battle for your ideals, at least it's harder to get away w/ these days.

pepsi71ocean

I'm curious as to what exactly is the condition that will validate the Iraq war as "won." I keep seeing people arguing we should finish the war and such, but no one seems to know what that really means. And the draft would not at all work w/ a war like this. You can't simply have a draft when half of the country (or more than half) disagrees w/ the war. It may have worked immediately after 9/11, but I think you've played too many video games. :D You can't simply force millions into battle for your ideals, at least it's harder to get away w/ these days.

Well, i agree, at this point a draft won't fix this issue, nor would it work at thus point.

Winning the war is seeing a stable country and then pulling out. A stable country where the Iraqi people can govern, and protect themselves from Terrorist and terror bombings. That is what i call a successful Police Action, IMO.

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
Well, i agree, at this point a draft won't fix this issue, nor would it work at thus point.

Winning the war is seeing a stable country and then pulling out. A stable country where the Iraqi people can govern, and protect themselves from Terrorist and terror bombings. That is what i call a successful Police Action, IMO.

Yeah I mean stability is the goal, I fear it's a bit abstract though, b/c as you said they have been fighting for hundreds of years and will continue fighting for 100 more. It could take decades for Iraq to recuperate the damage caused from the war, and even then, terrorist attacks will still happen. Rebuild for sure, but simply stationing troops and and fighting an endless battle won't likely do much good. Diplomacy and economics are needed here, not just armed forces.

pepsi71ocean

Yeah I mean stability is the goal, I fear it's a bit abstract though, b/c as you said they have been fighting for hundreds of years and will continue fighting for 100 more. It could take decades for Iraq to recuperate the damage caused from the war, and even then, terrorist attacks will still happen. Rebuild for sure, but simply stationing troops and and fighting an endless battle won't likely do much good. Diplomacy and economics are needed here, not just armed forces.

Oh, i must have not clarified that right. I meant 100 years ago the west never even knew the Middle East was anything, all that it was it was was a Colony of Britain. Oil had nothing to do with the middle east, until the 1930's. And what I'm saying is 100 years from now, the middle east will be nothing but sand and bones. The world will move on from Oil, and then the middle east will not longer be important. And so economic instability will rock the middle east, and they then can turn back to savages and fight for what ever.

EDIT:The three factions of Islam have been fighting since the death of the first prophet. And that has been about 1,500 years. This will continue on until the end of time, part of the reason that this is going on is because no two factions can agree with anything from ruling government, to promoting laws. And so only Dictatorships flourish in the middle east, because one faction is in control.

Diplomacy and economics will help promote growth, while armed force will promote stability, which indirectly helps promote growth. Its a hand in hand process basically.

Last edited:
System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
Oh, i must have not clarified that right. I meant 100 years ago the west never even knew the Middle East was anything, all that it was it was was a Colony of Britain. Oil had nothing to do with the middle east, until the 1930's. And what I'm saying is 100 years from now, the middle east will be nothing but sand and bones. The world will move on from Oil, and then the middle east will not longer be important. And so economic instability will rock the middle east, and they then can turn back to savages and fight for what ever.

EDIT:The three factions of Islam have been fighting since the death of the first prophet. And that has been about 1,500 years. This will continue on until the end of time, part of the reason that this is going on is because no two factions can agree with anything from ruling government, to promoting laws. And so only Dictatorships flourish in the middle east, because one faction is in control.

Diplomacy and economics will help promote growth, while armed force will promote stability, which indirectly helps promote growth. Its a hand in hand process basically.

I could have just misunderstood. My point is to attempt nation building in an area as unstable as the middle east, where terrorism is a given, and to pour as much resources as we have into a sledgehammer for an indeterminate period of time is just not going to work imo. A scalpel (less expensive, diplomacy) properly used perhaps could, if not then we should leave the damn rock alone. Staying until it's "over" (although in a way it may not be for a long, long time) could significantly cripple our nation, in more ways than one.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I think we're through with this war talk. By the way, when do results come out?

pepsi71ocean

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60
I think we're through with this war talk. By the way, when do results come out?

Why are we through w/ the war talk? We aren't through w/ the war. :D If all goes as planned late Tuesday (late in the US, early Wed over there) should have pretty much wrapped up.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Thats one thing ive never understood with humanity pretty much all the conflicts in the world happen because its always been like that. The Middle East, Northern Ireland, America with other countries and many other conflicts. No one seems to say hey this is pointless why dont we stop its just insane to me. Then again i do live in Oz were all we can do is turn on our tellies and wach the insanity unfold on tv during the new reports and be so thankful i live where i am.

pepsi71ocean

Thats one thing ive never understood with humanity pretty much all the conflicts in the world happen because its always been like that. The Middle East, Northern Ireland, America with other countries and many other conflicts. No one seems to say hey this is pointless why dont we stop its just insane to me. Then again i do live in Oz were all we can do is turn on our tellies and wach the insanity unfold on tv during the new reports and be so thankful i live where i am.

I know what you mean, its the same with me and the Presidential Elections.

But you can't always blame America, you must blame Britain, France, Germany, Russia, Prussia, ROME, CHINA, Japan, almost every country has gone through an aggressive stage in the history of its lineage. Its just that now is Americas turn, so there is nothing that can be done about that.

DaMulta

My stars went supernova
Processor AMD 955---4Ghz
Motherboard MSi GD70
Cooling OcZ Phase/water
Storage SSD 64GB
Case Using the desk ATM
:(no more orbiting space stations with big-ol nuke-missiles :(

They want PALiT Guy as President now, and me as VP

My plan could not see the light of day now:shadedshu

Everyone should elect me as President of the United States.

I see no need to have any bases around the world.

I would bring everyone home, from every country. If we wanted to trade with you we would go by your rules. If you start to kill everyone around your country we will nuke your country off the planet.

Then I would start a Military Space program. All wars from us would come from space. If we didn't like what you were doing we would just bomb you. We would set a military base on the moon to conduct watches on the rest of the world, and Military satellites that could shoot down any thing in the sky.

The Military Space program would share all programs that would help with space flight.

For America to go green every highway in America would be converted into solar panels. Then sell those parts off to private electric company's to maintain them. All roofs of all new houses would be required to be solar panels, everyone else in America would get a tax write off for having them installed guaranteed for 10 years.

All cars made 5 years from now must only be in electrical design.

Then I would release everyone from jail for non violent crimes on drugs and pardon everyone. If it was added to another crime, your time would be cut for the other reasons. I would then tell all the police and states of America that I would pardon everyone they arrested for it, and would ask congress to pass a bill letting people do what they want with them selfs. All non violent crimes would then be turned down to 5 years max.

We would save billions.

I would then take all that money and place it into the school systems. After graduation, all students would have to go work with the Military for 2 years without pay(given 5 grand when they finished) in no war zones, the united states would provide them with what ever they needed. Then They would be set lose to go to college, go to work, or join the military.

A illegal immigrant caught inside the united states would be forced to join the united states military for 4 years, and then given a choice to stay in the military or go to school. All kids with them would live on base with them and go to military schools for there time there.

lol just joking, or am I ......lol
:toast:

----
Ok everyone knows that I'm against the war in Iraq(or should know that), but I do go along with it. There are some of reasons why I do go along with it.

Pulling up what I posted so I don't look like a total ass about not caring about those people.......I do, but they are not us and are very different than us.
Weapons of mass destruction, was what they said. They could of had them, and they could still be there buried in the desert. Now Saddam Hussein was a crazy ruler if you ever stop and read about what he and his family did while they were in control it will make you sick to your stomach. From rapping women and filming to sending it back to their family for them to see, to throwing babies against the wall. The fact that on his kids birthdays they got to go to a prison and kill someone for their birthday present. He even committed genocide http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Anfal_Campaign

The list can go on and on, from the first day that he came into power, and hung everyone in the public streets that was power that was not with him.

They say that his kids were even worse, and when they would come into power it would of been even crazier.

But, their world over there is different that the Eu or us the west. They hate one another, and have been killing each other for centuries. It's bad to say it, at least for me it is, but maybe those people needed to be ruled with fear to keep them under control. During his rule of power did they have people driving around blowing themselves up in car bombs, going to neighbor hoods, and then beheading people because of their religion. In a crazy way, he might of kept them all under control from doing crazy things to one another by treating them the way that he did. Of course people suffered because of that, but did it keep most people under control and in some form of peace? I don't really know....I think that it's a hard thing to talk about.

OK Palin

What you need to understand is that, when it comes to military and paramilitary operations, the American public is almost completely in the dark and don't know anything about what's going on.

I say again, it all comes back to education. more information about US driven paramilitary operations during the 70's is being disclosed every day. But it takes time for this information to get into the education system and for people to find out it's been going on. It then takes more time for those people who agree that it's wrong to then grow up, get elected into office and then refuse to approve the funds for such operations.

But that is difficult. People who get elected have to spend money to get people to elect them. When you owe someone a debt it needs to be repaid. It takes great courage to stand up to someone you owe and tell them you will not do something for them when they ask. Especially if they can leverage you with something you've done that isn't good or threaten you or your family in some way.

I think it's a good idea to have term limitations for the President. While he may not have much real power, he does have the ability to be "persuasive" in many ways. Term limitations prevent us, by law, from finding ourselves with effectively a dictator or king.

I also think we should have term limitations for Senate members. Originally members of the Senate just were wealthy folks who could afford to take a couple years off their normal jobs and spend a few in the service of the government. Lately it's turned into people being a lawyer for a few years and then moving into politics permanently and never having done an honest day's work in their lives.

That's the biggest reason I like Palin for VP. She doesn't have a lot of experience at the "political" game and i think she will just run around doing what she thinks is right. We need that kind of simple thinking without undue influence from small interest groups or large corporations.

We need to strike some kind of balance in all this.

The only time I have really looked into her was her debate she had with Biden. This is how I feel about her.

Biden CLEARLY won this. He answered every question, while Plain skipped just about everyone. How many times did she repeat the same thing about taxes? two many to count.

McCain on wallstreet voting for less and less deregulation. When Obama seen this coming two years ago and said something needed to be done. Now all McCains adds push the buck to Obama when in fact Obama was for regulation that McCain wants now.

Biden clearly new whats going on in all the wars. And who to go after.

Palin was all about oil and drill drill drill. It will take 10 years to get that oil, and it's only a 3 year supply. In ten years if we focused all our attention on wind farms and other sources of energy we would not even need that oil. There's plenty now. On clean coal, Biden clearly pointed out that was he was talking about was taken out of context. Clean coal could be the way to the future. We can make jet fuel, diesel out of that stuff it just needs to be worked on as gasoline has to burn cleaner. To top it off we have mountains of coal. It would be a very wise thing to go after instead of more oil.

She said that he kept looking at the past, but every time he did that he gave the answer of what he voted for. Then everything that he was against and predicted came true in a bad way. He was not just saying the past but giving a way to fix it, or how it should of been done. Plain during many of these times, didn't respond back to him, but went back to her taxes taxes taxes statements. I loled every time she did it, because clearly she had no idea on what he was even talking about.

I love how she says cut cut cut taxes when we are going into a huge dept. It's going to take my lifetime, and my sons just to pay it off. It's a have to thing, and yes Palin it's patriotic to help your country pay for the things that help us and the world. Money does not grow on trees. And yes Palin people that make over 250k a year would not be hurting if they had to pay a little more. It has to be paid one day, before we go bankrupt and I have to take a wheel barrel of cash to buy a loaf of bread.

She kept saying the maverick over and over, I loved when Bidin corrected her on why he is not one. It's just a spin on the truth.

At one point she made a statement about Obama raising taxes on a bill, when McCain voted yes on the same bill. He clearly knows McCain better than she does.

And lets be honest is Pakistan or Iran shot off a nuke. They would only get a few off, before they were wiped off the planet. From my understanding we could wipe Russia out with just 4 bombs.

To me she should she has no business running for Vp of the United States of America. Even more so that McCain could drop dead at any given moment and she would become President. I don't even want to think about that.

The biggest thing I myself walked away from watching this was. That McCain and Bush are the same. Biden made that point very very very clear. So if you take a look at were we are now, and the world hating us, if McCain wins it's just going to continue.
And then there is this
So Palin has more experience because she was in this small towns(6000 people) Wasilla, Alaska, city council from 1992 to 1996 and mayor from 1996 to 2002 dealing with city issues Not world issues(I keep seeing on t/v don't really know that that city went 2 million in dept with her in control but a lot of citys do that), and the Gov for not even 2 years yet(in Nov it will be 2 years).

No I don't live there, but Alaska has so much oil that it pays people to live there from my understanding. Of course they are going to be able to cut taxes for it citizens they are a rich state. When most states in the united states have to borrow money every year, or have a balanced budget. I think Alaska is almost a different country that the rest of America, it's isolated IMO and not the same as the rest of the us. Well yes and no as the same.
I should/could look into her more. If she does become VP I will do so.

This thread is so good to just look back and read. There is so much information here to learn, and change your views on certain issues if you take the time and read this whole thread....

Last edited:

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Why are we through w/ the war talk? We aren't through w/ the war. :D If all goes as planned late Tuesday (late in the US, early Wed over there) should have pretty much wrapped up.

You're not through with the elections either, so spend this time talking about last-minute turnarounds, how the polls are shaping out, convince eachother to vote on either sides...basically make better use of your time on this thread before it has served its purpose...that's when results come out. After that, this won't be around to become a "Who [would've] been the better president?" thread.

System Name Aquarium
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x
Case Hyte Y60

It's another one of humanity's complex contradictions. Nobody wants war, yet everyone fights. :confused: I think more than anything it's nature become force of habit. People truly believe there is no other way for some reason. It will take a long, long, long time for that to change, or something terribly and drastically uncomfortable to make it change.

You're not through with the elections either, so spend this time talking about last-minute turnarounds, how the polls are shaping out, convince eachother to vote on either sides...basically make better use of your time on this thread before it has served its purpose...that's when results come out. After that, this won't be around to become a "Who [would've] been the better president?" thread.

Well, I don't think anybody's mind is changing at this point. Democrats will vote democrat, republicans will vote republican, dead, animated, and other forms of voter fraud will take place, ect. Obama will probably win barring the republicans out-frauding the democrats this time. And, technically, by arguing against the war, I am supporting Obama's stance on the issue.

pepsi71ocean

You're not through with the elections either, so spend this time talking about last-minute turnarounds, how the polls are shaping out, convince each other to vote on either sides...basically make better use of your time on this thread before it has served its purpose...that's when results come out. After that, this won't be around to become a "Who [would've] been the better president?" thread.

I don't think this would become a who would be a better pres thread, simply put it, no matter who gets into office were screwed, regardless weather its McCain or Obama.

It's another one of humanity's complex contradictions. Nobody wants war, yet everyone fights. :confused: I think more than anything it's nature become force of habit. People truly believe there is no other way for some reason. It will take a long, long, long time for that to change, or something terribly and drastically uncomfortable to make it change.

Well, I don't think anybody's mind is changing at this point. Democrats will vote democrat, republicans will vote republican, dead, animated, and other forms of voter fraud will take place, ect. And, technically, by arguing against the war, I am supporting Obama's stance on the issue.

Its what man does best. Unfortunately it will be around for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.