• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gelid Solutions Silent Spirit CPU Cooler

System Name UltraPC
Processor E8500 Core 2 Duo, 1333Mhz FSB, 3.16Ghz @ 4.5GHz (got into Windows @ 4.75GHz)
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
Cooling CPU Cooler - TT V14 Pro, 2x120mm CM Blue LED fans, 1x90mm CM Blue LED fan
Memory G.Skill Pi 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR2 PC8000 (1000MHz), 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 512mb with ASUS EAH4850 BIOS
Storage 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 Raid 0
Display(s) Acer AL1912, 19" LCD screen
Case Thermaltake Soprano Black ATX case
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1, Speakers - 5 + Sub + Monitor speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake 850W Toughpower Cable Management - Quad (2x18A and 2x30A) 12V rails
Software Win 7 Pro x64, MSN, CS:Source, etc etc
Gelid Solutions’ Silent Spirit CPU cooler is a small, lightweight, high performing heatsink for both AMD and Intel CPUs (including Intel Socket LGA1366). Its four heatpipes connect to a pure copper base and an angled block of fins to cool surrounding motherboard components. The cooler is also extremely silent with Gelid's silent 9 2mm PWM fan attached.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name UltraPC
Processor E8500 Core 2 Duo, 1333Mhz FSB, 3.16Ghz @ 4.5GHz (got into Windows @ 4.75GHz)
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
Cooling CPU Cooler - TT V14 Pro, 2x120mm CM Blue LED fans, 1x90mm CM Blue LED fan
Power Supply Thermaltake 850W Toughpower Cable Management - Quad (2x18A and 2x30A) 12V rails
No probs :)

Hopefully supplies will spread and it will be on stores like Newegg and such.

System Name Kaos Performance "Studio V3"
Processor i7 940 & 4.20 Ghz. stays very cool.
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D Premium on water.
Cooling Swiftech GTX, 2 x Fesser rads.
Memory 12 gigs Corsair
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 460 Gtx on water. Only to run multi monitors and NEC lfd.
Storage 2 Intel SSD for OS and programs. 8 WD Tera drives raid 5
Display(s) 3 x 30" Dell, 1 70" NEC P701-AVT LFD.
Case Raxx's 10U rack unit X 2. One for pc and cooling, one for studio gear.
Audio Device(s) M auidio in and out, split to Tube pres, AB split, and 48 channel Mackie.
Power Supply Antec quattro 1200, Seasonic 650, Power conditioner, Generac NG back-up generator.
Software Win Xp-Win 7. Lots of DAW software & plugins.
Benchmark Scores Not a Bench machine only OC'd cuz it's in my blood. This is boarderline over-kill for my needs, but
I tried to get a sample of there fans to review for you guys. But they want to wait till my website is back up.
They make some awesome fans. High CFM, very guiet. I saw them at a freind shop in Greece. I am sure they will be in the states soon though. When I say silent I mean silent. Only thing is they only come in green.

When you talk to them again, remind them that they have no sellers in the USA/Canada and they may want to work on that. The company I listed above has had their products on their site for months but doesn't stock anything and won't sell it. . .

System Name UltraPC
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
I tried to get a sample of there fans to review for you guys. But they want to wait till my website is back up.
They make some awesome fans. High CFM, very guiet. I saw them at a freind shop in Greece. I am sure they will be in the states soon though. When I say silent I mean silent. Only thing is they only come in green.

I got a sample of three of their case fans; the green Wing, the Silent TC and Silent PWM (all 120mm).

I have done most of the review, just waiting for a non rainy day around here to test the noise levels of the fans :p.

When you talk to them again, remind them that they have no sellers in the USA/Canada and they may want to work on that. The company I listed above has had their products on their site for months but doesn't stock anything and won't sell it. . .

I will ask their Marketing Director tonight for you on availability :)

System Name Kaos Performance "Studio V3"
Processor i7 940 & 4.20 Ghz. stays very cool.
Motherboard ASUS P6X58D Premium on water.
Cooling Swiftech GTX, 2 x Fesser rads.
Memory 12 gigs Corsair
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA 460 Gtx on water. Only to run multi monitors and NEC lfd.
Storage 2 Intel SSD for OS and programs. 8 WD Tera drives raid 5
Display(s) 3 x 30" Dell, 1 70" NEC P701-AVT LFD.
Case Raxx's 10U rack unit X 2. One for pc and cooling, one for studio gear.
Audio Device(s) M auidio in and out, split to Tube pres, AB split, and 48 channel Mackie.
Power Supply Antec quattro 1200, Seasonic 650, Power conditioner, Generac NG back-up generator.
Software Win Xp-Win 7. Lots of DAW software & plugins.
Benchmark Scores Not a Bench machine only OC'd cuz it's in my blood. This is boarderline over-kill for my needs, but
I tried

I tried. They where all adamant about sending me coolers and fans to review, but when I started updating my website they said they would hold off.
I have connections with the major three E-tailors in the U.S. You know who they are, I am not allowed to mention any names. They said until they see some solid reviews they are not interested.
Your's has already been read. And, although thorough and well written did not seem to spark an interest from either of them "yet". They basically said, just another cooler. But, their fans are incredible. I am trying to get a friend to send me some from Greece.
I also see they have some new models U.V. blue (reviewed in our review section today) I cannot speak for them. But the green ones I have seen. "Whisper quiet, great cfm, all you hear is a low hum.
Here is their guys address, see if you have better luck than I did. Maybe it's just me but he seemed to not be interested in the U.S. market share.

"VC Tran (GELID)" vc.tran@gelidsolutions.com

Good luck,
Kaos II

I got a sample of three of their case fans; the green Wing, the Silent TC and Silent PWM (all 120mm).

I have done most of the review, just waiting for a non rainy day around here to test the noise levels of the fans :p.

I will ask their Marketing Director tonight for you on availability :)
Thanks for the update, good info to have. Pitty on it though. I think they would sell. They are not much over some other fans and from what everyone says the quality is great.
I tried. They where all adamant about sending me coolers and fans to review, but when I started updating my website they said they would hold off.
I have connections with the major three E-tailors in the U.S. You know who they are, I am not allowed to mention any names. They said until they see some solid reviews they are not interested.
Your's has already been read. And, although thorough and well written did not seem to spark an interest from either of them "yet". They basically said, just another cooler. But, their fans are incredible. I am trying to get a friend to send me some from Greece.
I also see they have some new models U.V. blue (reviewed in our review section today) I cannot speak for them. But the green ones I have seen. "Whisper quiet, great cfm, all you hear is a low hum.
Here is their guys address, see if you have better luck than I did. Maybe it's just me but he seemed to not be interested in the U.S. market share.

"VC Tran (GELID)" vc.tran@gelidsolutions.com

Good luck,
Kaos II
Thanks for the update, I will send them an email.