• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DX10 for XP ?!?!

M

MiST91

unfortunatly, i highly dought M$ will release a "real" direct X 10 for XP because its one of the only ways (other than forcing people to use the slow, buggy OS on new branded computers) they can get people to go out and buy Vista (or install there cracked pirated version :laugh:)

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Its actually not that bad Vista no worse than what xp was a t the same time funny enuff nothings ever said about that.

M

MiST91

i suppose, vista is just one of them things, you love it, or you hate it.

i dont like it at this moment in time, i have installed it a few times before and used it for a few months however i realised vista is basicly Windows XP but with far too many "healpful features" that eat RAM and system resources, i like an OS to be streamlined and do exactly what i want it to do (XP) and not have lots of background services and intergrated apps doing things i don't need and will never use, however i am aware that i will eventually have to make the switch to Vista because XP will become obsolete and unsupported, but to be honest, i think by the time everyone switches to Vista by choice microsoft will be just about ready to release a new OS.
IMO ;)

System Name Xazax
Processor 6700k
Motherboard ASrock Fatal1ty z170
Cooling H240X
Memory 16GB DDR4 2800mhz
Video Card(s) Gtx 980ti
Storage 1TB Mushkin
Display(s) ASUS PG27 G-sync
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35
Power Supply Corsair 1500w Digital
Keyboard Patriot Viper
Software Windows 10
Sigh... it doesn't work.

I would know, because i have Windows Vista and DX10.

So your telling me these bozo's wrote a new line or codes and kernels and what not in XP to support DX10 features, that only a brand new operating system built from the ground up to run the new DirectX, works?

I think all you people who believe this crap are falling Symptoms to the "believe system". Take a little Psychology and you can see that; its not that it actually works, but people "believe" that IT DOES DX10 and so they see it as a paradigm, THE WAY THE SEE THINGS AND WANT TO SEE IT. Hence you believe it works and it "magically" does work (for your mind) :cool:

So its just a trick of yourself, it doesn't in actuality work you just believe it does.
:banghead:

Now please.. no more DX10 XP crap im just so sick of this already...

1) MS is not an evil company(its just a business like the rest...)
2) XP is DX9 just like Windows 98/2000 were DX8, i mean I CANT INSTALL DX9 on Windows 98/95/2000 now can i?
3) Vista and only Vista is the current OS that supports DX10 and its features

/End Rant
/Begin Drinking
:toast:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Major corporations don't update to newer versions of Windows very often because they use custom software that must remain 100% stable at all times. Switching to a new OS breaks compatibility with many of those apps. Hell, just installing IE7 on XP breaks some of these apps, as do run-of -the-mill security updates. Thus the reason there are still a large number corporation still using OSes as old as 2000 Pro.

that's also the reason several corps still use P4s because there software has major issues with both AMD chips and the new C2Ds.

by now a lot of them are on XP most of the 2000pro people use it on old P3 machines thta don't need XP anyway

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
A friend of mine tried this on xp a few weeks ago he said its not as good as dx10 in vista its just a modded dx9.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is here
Hi all,

While writing the editorial for TechNet Flash, a new product was making its long-awaited appearance. Windows Vista SP1 is something we've awaited with anticipation - and it's now here.

Although it hasn't been broadly released yet, this product represents a rollup of all current hotfixes and updates plus some under-the-cover changes to improve overall system responsiveness and performance. In fact, Australian Personal Computers' James Bannan recently completed some performance testing, which showed in some scenarios - particularly Vista to Windows XP (and by extension Windows Server 2003) - file copy performance increases of a whopping 86%! Check out James' article that shows all the data.

Why has it taken time to become publicly availability? As Windows Vista SP1 has some fundamental under-the-cover changes that can affect compatibility both with drivers and applications, we decided to make time for hardware and software vendors to test and release updates for their applications and drivers. The end user experience would then be much better following its release to Windows Update and Microsoft Update. For a current list of known issues, please see the TechNet support article.

Why was it only released to certain channels? While Windows Vista SP1 is now available to Windows Update for all customers, we initially released Windows Vista SP1 to TechNet subscribers, volume license customers (via the portal), and Windows Vista SP1 beta participants. We knew that IT Professionals would access each of these release mechanisms, and are more aware of issues affecting compatibility. So should something unfortunate occur, they'd have the necessary skills to recover. This approach helped us avoid issues with your customers downloading SP1 and running into problems without updating their applications first. Mike Nash's blog article has more details on this.

How can you get the best performance, stability and guidance on deployment from Vista and SP1, and Windows XP with Service Pack 3 coming soon?

1. Drivers - these play a crucial role in not only stability, but performance. I have a friend who managed to get an additional 0.2 out of his Vista performance rating just by updating to the latest drivers.
2. Application updates - as previously mentioned, there are some known issues with some applications. Make sure you update your applications before applying the service pack.
3. BIOS updates - I have a laptop that BitLocker just wouldn't work with until I updated the BIOS. And with some other hardware, Vista had issues until I updated the BIOS.
4. Vista TechCenter- for more information on Windows Vista SP1 deployment please reference the TechCenter.
5. Free support - for any installation and compatibility issues you find with Windows Vista SP1.

In all instances, please check with your hardware and software vendors for updated applications and drivers for Windows Vista SP1 before installing.

Until next time,

Michael Kleef

The not-so-official Microsoft Australia SBS Blog
Just in time for the announcement of Small Business Server 2008 and the new Windows Essential Business Server comes the launch of a local SBS blog. Add it to your feeds today to get the latest information on all things SBS & WEBS.
Channel 10 Vista Sidebar Gadget
If you can't get enough Channel 10 (it's a known problem) you might want to check out our new Channel 10 Vista Sidebar gadget. This gadget will sit on your desktop and scroll through everything that goes through our front page. You can click the '10' logo on the top of the gadget to jump to the latest post, click the photo to open the gadget, and then click the left and right arrows that appear to cycle through posts. You can even watch videos right from the gadget through the Silverlight player. Find out more.

Remote Server Administration Tools released for Windows Vista SP1
The long-awaited Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) have been released for Windows Vista. These will allow administrators to use their Vista machines to manage their Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 infrastructure from the comforts of the cubicle. Find out more.

HTC Touch Cruise
For fans of the HTC Touch series this one includes integrated GPS which is a nice nifty feature if you're in the market for an integrated GPS/Mobile Phone device. It also has integrated wifi. The HTC Touch Cruise comes bundled with Co-Pilot Live Version 7 navigation software. Find out more.

Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5 is open for Public Beta

Formerly known as SoftGrid Application Virtualization, Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.5 supports large-scale virtualisation implementations across more sites, enables multiple delivery options, lets users work with localised applications, allows administrator-controlled virtual application interaction, and complies with the Microsoft Trustworthy Computing and Secure by Default initiatives. Find out more.

Security Learning Path: Windows Server 2008 Network Access Protection
Security Learning Path: Windows Server 2008 Network Access Protection Windows Server 2008 Network Access Protection (NAP) is a policy enforcement platform built into Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 that can better protect your private network by enforcing compliance with computer health requirements. Use the resources in this learning path to set up NAP so you can create customised policies and limit access for unhealthy devices. Find out more.

Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Presence Controls
The Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 Presence Controls use the automation interfaces of Office Communicator 2007 to show presence information using Office Communications Server 2007. Find out more.

GPO Accelerator
The GPO Accelerator creates all the Group Policy objects needed to deploy recommended security settings for your environment. Find out more.

Office Live Workspace Update for Windows Vista
Download Microsoft Office Live Workspace Update to ensure optimal performance on Windows Vista when you use Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with Office Live Workspace. Download now.

Resources for Upgrading Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008
Microsoft has revised the upgrade guidance that begins with the Windows Server 2008 SKUs. This guidance reflects the best practices that customers typically follow when they upgrade to a new server operating system. Find out more.

Evaluate the Latest Windows HPC Server 2008
Try the new Windows HPC Server 2008 Beta, released on 5 March. We want to hear your feedback. Try it now.

Changes in Functionality from Windows Server 2003 with SP1 to Windows Server 2008
This document describes new features and technologies - ones that were not available in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 - which will help to increase the security of computers running Windows Server 2008, increase productivity, and reduce administrative overhead. Read now.

Download the Silverlight 2 Beta 1
Get a preview of the next major update of Microsoft Silverlight, which focuses on enabling rich internet application development and includes a cross-platform, cross-browser version of the Microsoft .NET Framework. Download now.

Get the latest technology and business advice - to suit your business
Subscribe to the new Microsoft Business Update Newsletter for the latest and most relevant technology advice. This is the newsletter for people who make technology decisions in business, and need a reliable and current source. Each month, you'll get security advice, licensing information, downloads, product updates, offers and more. Sign up now.

Save $500 on First Look Windows Server 2008 courses with Microsoft Fast Track Fridays
Take advantage of some fantastic savings on our new First Look Windows Server 2008 courses, up to 28 June 2008. Register Now. Terms and conditions apply.

Find out your virtualisation readiness for Windows Server 2008
To be successful, IT projects must take into account the specific IT environment. To help you determine your customers' readiness for Windows Server 2008, the Microsoft Assessment and Planning tool quickly assesses existing computers in just a few hours or less. Download the FREE Microsoft Assessment and Planning Tool now

Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 is now available
Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 that addresses feedback from our customers on making the product easier to deploy, easier to use, and easier to support. Find out more.

Essentials 2007 Service Pack 1 Now Available
Service Pack 1 is an update to Microsoft System Center Essentials that provides enhancements based on customer and partner feedback. Improvements include: up to 70% less memory consumption, faster UI, support for workgroup joined computers, SNMP v1 devices, improved setup, new update approvals rules, enhanced third-party update experience, and support for Windows Server 2008. Find out more.

Determine your hardware and migration readiness to Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 in just hours
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Solution Accelerator is the expanded version of the Windows Vista Hardware Assessment Solution Accelerator tool that was released in early 2007. New features include Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 hardware assessment, virtualisation candidacy recommendation for Virtual Server 2005 R2 (this release) and Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V (future release), and more. Find out more.

How Microsoft deployed and manages Microsoft Forefront Client Security
Microsoft IT details the planning, deployment, and ongoing management of the largest current deployment of Forefront Client Security with a supported node population of 40,000. Find out more.

Forefront Special Promotion
For a limited time, get up to 35% off the estimated retail price of Microsoft Forefront Client Security. Find out more and download the trial software today.

Download the March Security Updates

Skilled up on the new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Amp It Up with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 - as Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 launch events are underway, you need to make sure that your team is ready! Find out more.

SharePoint End User training available NOW!!
If your company has discovered the amazing new features of Microsoft SharePoint 2007 and deployed it within your office, then you are probably one of the many 1000's of SharePoint End Users within Australia that would love to know how to manipulate these new tools!

Learn some quick and efficient skills on how to get started with simple tasks like uploading content or how to manage a SharePoint site as a Team Leader. To purchase manuals or attend a course visit DDLS.com.au or call 13 12 10.

SharePoint 2007 Bootcamps in your city today!
This fast paced four day workshop is designed for IT Professionals and Developers needing effective skills transfer for the new products and technologies delivered with the next version of SharePoint 2007. You will have the opportunity for 'hands-on' experience to Develop, Customise and Integrate solutions on the Microsoft Office 2007 Platform. Written and taught by industry experts. Don't miss this opportunity for hands-on training with a booming technology. Register NOW!

• How does Network Load Balancing algorithm work internally

• How to disable the use of certificates that are imported by using the MOMCertImport.exe tool in System Center Operations Manager 2007

• FIX: A segmentation fault error occurs when you run a compiled application that calls the dlopen function on a Windows Server 2003 R2-based computer that has SUA installed

• FIX: Additional rows are deleted at the publisher in a merge replication if the merge replication contains join filters in SQL Server 2005

• Information about new Group Policy preferences in Windows Server 2008

• Stop error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer: "0xC1F5"

See a selection of new Knowledge Base articles on the TechNet Web site. KB articles feature an Article Translations box in the right column. You can select a language from the drop-down list and read the article in the selected language. Also available via RSS

The TechNet Flash is full of pointers to in-depth technical information that we encourage subscribers to forward to friends and co-workers. If you've received this issue from someone via e-mail and would like to receive the free TechNet Flash newsletter fortnightly, all you have to do is register.

This newsletter was sent by Microsoft Pty Ltd
1 Epping Rd
North Ryde, NSW, Australia 2113
Legal Information.

.....SOURCE: My Inbox

id say microsoft still play quite a major role in the corporate arena.

Attachments

• microsoft.jpg
    microsoft.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
System Name Media PC
Processor Intel Core-i5 4460
Motherboard Asus H97i plus
Cooling Noctua LH-9i with upgraded NF-A9, x2 Noctua NF-F12
Memory 8GB x2 Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz kit
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Super clocked GTX970 itx
Storage 1TB western digital black 2.5"
Display(s) Samsung 55" Plasma
Case Fractal Design Node 202
Audio Device(s) Onboard DSP, sound forwarded to Onkyo receiver in 2.1 mode
Power Supply Fractal Design 430w itx PSU
Mouse Logitech Wireless gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech Wireless, Xbox One S controller
Software Windows 10 pro
i doubt vista will ever become standard i think with windows 7 on its way out everyone will stick with XP and go to W7...kinda like ME was skipped

yeah, that could be true, OR, we get yet another XP!!!!!! I know windows 7 is supposed to be the The windows OS that will make all of the other Windows system cry. But I have a feeling that W7 will in fact be delayed, a lot!!!! If it's gonna be as good as they say it's gonna be, they have to decide what to cut out and what to keep.

yeah and i know its fun to play around with stuff that dosen't work, i play with Gentoo linux ;), but I know that when I update my system, I want to fully take advantage of my hardware. Just my $.02.

Th3-R3as0n

System Name The Terminator
Processor AMD 6000x2
Motherboard ASUS M2r32 MVp Crossfire
Cooling Thermaltake Rocket Liquid cooling
Memory OCZ Platinum XTC 2GB DDR2
Video Card(s) Gecube X1950XT 512MB DDR3
Storage 250GB Sata 2 10k RPM
Display(s) Sony 19" LCD
Im assuming you have to have a DX10 card to run this correct?

Or is it a "crysis very high settings" for all dx9 games?

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Windows 7 better be the greatest os ever cus if its not it will be run out of town by irate xp owners lol and yeah youd need a dx 10 card ps liverpool ftw

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Im assuming you have to have a DX10 card to run this correct?

Or is it a "crysis very high settings" for all dx9 games?

Unfortunately, so far I have noticed its like the very high settings thing, but it also has to be an SM4 card.

There is only minor changes I have noticed visually but alot of people seem to think i am full of it so I quit posting in the thread.

jonmcc33

System Name BLACK
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E @ 1600FSB
Cooling Thermalright XP-90 w/92mm ADDA fan
Memory 4GB Hynix DDR2-667 @ 800MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon X1900XT
Storage (2) 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Display(s) Samsung 225BW
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows Vista Business x64 SP1
If you can read one of my previous posts you will see why. I just like to tinker with things. How about you? Do you enjoy making things work the way they were not intended to? I have no problem going to Vista, as matter of fact I may reinstall it again over the weekend and dual boot just for the sake of it.

Not sure what you mean. Tinkering with things usually causes them to break. Never heard the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" before?

I did but I had too many problems and I couldnt even run it anyway..

Couldn't run it why? Surprisingly, 82% of the problems in Vista aren't even caused by Microsoft (DailyTech).

JrRacinFan

Storage 20+ TB
Software Windows 10
Well, yeah, but doesn't really matter to me. It's all software and I don't mind if I have to reinstall windows or anything. Heck my system is due anyway.

System Name Xazax
Processor 6700k
Cooling H240X
Memory 16GB DDR4 2800mhz
Video Card(s) Gtx 980ti
Storage 1TB Mushkin
Case Corsair Air 540
Keyboard Patriot Viper
Software Windows 10
Didnt you all ignore my post that it doesnt work at all....

JrRacinFan

Storage 20+ TB
Software Windows 10
I know I didn't.

jonmcc33

System Name BLACK
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 3.2GHz
Motherboard Abit IP35-E @ 1600FSB
Cooling Thermalright XP-90 w/92mm ADDA fan
Memory 4GB Hynix DDR2-667 @ 800MHz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon X1900XT
Storage (2) 320GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10
Display(s) Samsung 225BW
Case Antec Nine Hundred
Audio Device(s) Audigy2 ZS Platinum
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows Vista Business x64 SP1
Well, yeah, but doesn't really matter to me. It's all software and I don't mind if I have to reinstall windows or anything. Heck my system is due anyway.

Due? I've installed every Windows version released as well as various Linux distros. I don't find a re-install of an OS to be a time practical event, even using Ghost or any other imaging application.

But I'll admit that I was once a person that liked to tweak things and reformat every 3 months myself. I just got sick and tired of doing it. :p

JrRacinFan

Storage 20+ TB
Software Windows 10
LOL, hear you on that! It just ... helps keep a clean stable system. I dont know how to explain it.

System Name Xazax
Processor 6700k
Cooling H240X
Memory 16GB DDR4 2800mhz
Video Card(s) Gtx 980ti
Storage 1TB Mushkin
Case Corsair Air 540
Keyboard Patriot Viper
Software Windows 10
^ Same thats why i have a USB HDD with all my (important pron files) back-up files on it.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I seem to format almost once a month, sometimes 2 months. lol.

NeSeNVi

Yeah! ^_^ So if XP has DX10 now, maybe there will bo no reason to change to Vista/7... No it's imba: what a shame Microsoft gonna stop support this system.

System Name Main / Home Media Serever
Processor Intel i5 2500k @ 4.75ghz / AMD AM3 5200+ x2
Motherboard ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Performance / Biostar 790GX
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight / XIGMATEK Apache
Memory 12gb of G.Skill Value Series DDR3 / 4x 1gb DDR2
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon 6870 1gb / Asus Radeon 5450 512mb
Storage 2x Samsung 830 64gb SSD Raid 0 & 750gb WD Blue HDD / OCZ Vertex II 80GB & 10TB of HDD Space
Display(s) 2x Acer 24" LED / Samsung 50" LED
Case Xigmatek Asgard II / APEX PC-389-C
Power Supply Rosewill 750w / Antec EArthwatts 380w
Software Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 / Ubuntu 14.04
Umm wow, do you realize you just bumped a thread that was almost a year old...

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
If anyone still thinks that this works, please test out Stalker Clear Sky. I'd be very interested to know if the DX10 feature become available.

ShadowFold

System Name The ShadowFold Draconis (Ordering soon)
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8ghz
Motherboard ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
Cooling Stock
Memory Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX ATi Radeon HD 5850 1gb
Storage Western Digital 640gb
Display(s) Acer 21.5" 5ms Full HD 1920x1080P
Case Antec Nine-Hundred
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Creative "Fatal1ty" Headset
Power Supply Antec Earthwatts 650w
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Benchmark Scores -❶-❸-❸-❼-
If anyone still thinks that this works, please test out Stalker Clear Sky. I'd be very interested to know if the DX10 feature become available.

Pretty sure Clear Sky actually uses DX10 so your outta luck.

InnocentCriminal

Resident Grammar Amender
System Name BeeR 6
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K*
Motherboard ASUS Maximus V Gene (1155/Z77)
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB Samsung Green 1600MHz DDR3**
Video Card(s) 4GB MSI Gaming X RX480
Storage 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung C27F591FDU
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Power Supply Corsair HX750W
Software 64bit Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores *@ 4.6GHz **@ 2133MHz
Pretty sure Clear Sky actually uses DX10...

Yeah I know hence my question...

ShadowFold said:
... so your outta luck.

Most probably, but it'd still be nice to see if it does improve or enable anything. I know it's a very slim chance because I tried enabling DX10 mode in XP myself and didn't get anywhere.

:(

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
a tad bit of toppic but do directx 10 games run on a directx 9 system? well os? coz my compnants support directx10 but im running xp, if so its a wait till windows 7 for me