• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Motherboard blew up, bye bye RAID 0 array?

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
ive switched raid mobo's before... as long as it is the same controller, you're fine. Play around with disk 1 and disk 0 until you get it, it does no harm to get them wrong, it will jsut tell you that the array si corrupt, but all your data will be intact.

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
According to several colleagues here (IT department) the order is important when striping, not when mirroring.

If the new motherboard doesn't see your RAID setup, try swapping the SATA ports that the drives are plugged into (i.e., put 1 on 2 and 2 on 1). Since the drives are already configured as RAID 0, and the BIOS is set for RAID 0 on the JMicron chip, the motherboard should read the existing config info and recognize the RAID without any fuss.

If that still doesn't work, you might want to check out RAID Reconstructor.

System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
Ok, so I managed to rebuild my array by literally rebuilding it (plug in, enable RAID, boot from recovery disk and undelete the partitions :D) and somehow I ended up being stupid enough to put it on the Intel controller insteads...

Now I need to figure out how I can make my Windows install grab teh RAID driver for that controller because it BSOD's on me.

Processor Intel Core i3-8100
Motherboard ASRock H370 Pro4
Cooling Cryorig M9i
Memory 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 3GB
Storage Crucial MX500 512GB SSD
Display(s) Dell S2316M LCD
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Corsair CX600M
Mouse Logitech M500
Keyboard Lenovo KB1021 USB
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Now I need to figure out how I can make my Windows install grab teh RAID driver for that controller because it BSOD's on me.

Here's the trick for Windows XP:

• On another PC, go to Intel's web site and download the Matrix Storage Manager floppy configuration utility for your o.s.

• Unpack the ZIP and put the files on a diskette (XP will only check the installation disc or drive A: for drivers).

• Boot off your Windows installation CD.

• Press F6 to install a third-party driver. When prompted for the driver, pick the right southbridge chip for your motherboard.

• Tell the installer that you want to repair an existing Windows setup.
The installer will run through the whole Windows installation process, incorporating the Intel RAID driver into your current setup. Because you picked the repair option, the installer will preserve your data and program settings. When it's done, you should be able to boot up from the RAID.

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
Here's the trick for Windows XP:

• On another PC, go to Intel's web site and download the Matrix Storage Manager floppy configuration utility for your o.s.

• Unpack the ZIP and put the files on a diskette (XP will only check the installation disc or drive A: for drivers).

• Boot off your Windows installation CD.

• Press F6 to install a third-party driver. When prompted for the driver, pick the right southbridge chip for your motherboard.

• Tell the installer that you want to repair an existing Windows setup.
The installer will run through the whole Windows installation process, incorporating the Intel RAID driver into your current setup. Because you picked the repair option, the installer will preserve your data and program settings. When it's done, you should be able to boot up from the RAID.

Unfortunately, tried and failed. Currently posting from a very nLited install which I just used to backup everything I want backed up. Plus I made a setup disk with all the raid drivers and service packs in the meantime :D

Either way, moving hardware has failed and I'm going to kill the RAID config in a couple of minutes. Don't want to be doing this again anytime soon.

Thanks for the tips everyone.