• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Crosshair III Review Link

Kitkat

For anyone searching for a review in english i found one. I duno i couldnt b4 so thought id share.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/06/23/review_motherboard_asus_crosshair_iii/

They dont seem to go too deep with too many test as we know the story (legend hehehe) with 790FX too well. You know what to expect solid board id give it the same score maybe. Its not deluxe like the other but a OC board and SUPER solid. its really good at 4.0 now but havent gotten too crazy as im on air. (4.5 bluescrn) I may try to get water for xmas but i dont know much about that yet, and am a noob at "hosery" and fittings and things. If you like an 0c board with JUST everything u need and NOTHING then itll be a 9 for you otherwise itll still be 8.5 cause its F***** awsome. :rockout:

*MAybe on my next board ill try to make a review but im o journalist lol

and station which i didnt get lol ddint have any money left it looks ok tho

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/06/23/review_accessory_asus_republic_of_gamers_oc_station/

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The review is definitely short and leaves one to wonder why they had different OC's when testing it against Gigabyte's board. Makes for a lousy comparison IMO. Although it's not even out yet, this review will have people drooling over the aesthetics of the board, which Asus always impresses me with. Anyway, good find!

Kitkat

the boards been out for 2 weeks lol got mine thurs its great, yeah its a 123 review but again we all know 790FX story already, its the best one but again "best" means so much if u want more on the board its obiously not gonna be your thing. cause theres gig,msi(which seems to be on fire right now lol) and the Asus M"dadadadada." But its a good board. I only wanted to crossfire 2 4890s and (which i only got one i know price drops comming right?) Its great for gaming ext but if u wanna make a home server and do some elaborate sh## setup its def not that board lol. Just has what u need. its really stable too. 4.5 bf bluecrn but i just got it , some rl things came up im currently poor so im not trying alot lol cant replace it atm but xmas im gonna try to get water. As for the station its a def wait the software isnt even complete for it.... So im glad i didnt get it.

Last edited:

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P

Kitkat

oooo and i see your using your "d9s" i read your post about them cooooollll i just got some PI black 1800 2X2 werent many reviews on them but hey dude they cook i got to windows screen @ 4.2 GHZ crashed after that i decided to play games and got HEAVILY destracted playing alllllllllll the games i could never play ROFL!!!! but i havent played with it that much. im about to go to bed RIIIGHT after i play some games i see your FX board too sweet did you know that thing still trounces newer cpus lol should have got one anyways i got to go to bed wink wink byeeee lol
ohhh and i just read one more time thats your 940 wait till u try you 55 hehehehe Im using a zerotherm NIR i love zerotherm at xmas im gonna try to go for water so we will see. id like to hear more about your FX dual lol did u make a post about that too??

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

Kitkat

Kitkat

cool just read it they rated it even higher lol im still sticking with 8.5 9ish its great what we need is an extreme already. cds review looks awsome too lots of configs i havent the time to play with mine since ill be at work paying for it :( but i will tonight!!!!!! :rockout:

nice working your way to 955 are u .. lol

Dont forget to tell your pals on that forum that the cost is ALSO related to the fact they used AMD chipset over nvid so THEY pay less for there motherboards anyway. Its not due to some "error" with the controler, Its an advantage (perk) of buying both products from AMD, manus pay less so boards = less. For some reason ppl think its due to some negative reason vs the CRS II price still being high.

(I personaly think its high cause they CAN price any nvid high and ppl will still buy it. lol no matter how good the AMD chips get they will still be in nvids shadow somehow)

The board has too many OC records for doubt :p. The ocing is more stable because there IS less on the board. It caters to that and nothing else. 2nd some on that forum are saying its rehashed thats the problem with 790 most PCB inovations have been done with that chipset its been out a while ad manus wanna see that 890 bad. 3rd as far as his price to price thing ROG has always been about OC its not for high/mainstream, he might want a MA-XXXX. But the OC is 200 under this board stable, maybe even 250 (air). 4th Its got less cause its a Formula not an Extreme (which we need them to make also and with 200 over out the box it seems they can do that) Tell your freind to look at the extreme's price on intel side and tell him thats how much itll be to get more on the board. Usual 75 us more an extreme will be.

Anyways good review post your 955 stuff CD! i cant wait to see it.

Last edited: