• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Le-1620(singlecore) vs Athlon X2 Dual core 4050e

System Name Main rig
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus Strix X570-E Motherboard
Cooling Castle 240EX v2 AIO
Memory 2x16GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage 2x1TB M.2 - 3TB Spinny Boi
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF
Case Lian Li 011 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) UAD Apollo
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 ARGB 850W
Mouse Steelseries Aerox 5 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL blue switches
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
maybe ill just pretend im a sales guy so he will listen in future, jk man! :laugh:

each to his own as kurosagi says i give advice if he takes or not thats up to him i don't bother flame warring with him i haven't in months no point its just wasted time on my half and usually ends up in infractions

Exactly, but there is no better advice then to let somebody know overclocking is far from a waste of time. I remember 3991vhtes saying that, and now he can't stop with the clocking:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, but there is no better advice then to let somebody know overclocking is far from a waste of time. I remember 3991vhtes saying that, and now he can't stop with the clocking:laugh:

overclocking is reality its the truth! its an opinion that its great or not but its a fact that it improves performance

Last edited:
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
wow... you misunderstood completetely what I said OP...

You buying two cards is a waste of money. Its like me buying a gtx 260 AND a 4870 instead of 2 gtx 260's or a 4870X2 or a gtx295. In no scenario is the first setup faster.

There are people out there that spent 1/3 the money that you did and have much nicer rigs. That should be a hint lol.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Well I am unsubscribing to this thread now. It has decended into u2k is crazy land again. Later guys.

u2k we do not believe you about Crysis because you posted a screenshot and some "statements". You want to prove you get good frame rate in that FAILURE of a game, then post a screenshot of your rig Frame rate test results. The Frame rate test is built in to the game. And post a screenshot of the current settings you have on Crysis.

Until you do that, I will believe nothing you say. Later fellas and ladies.

System Name Dell Workstation t5810
Processor Xeon CPU's E5-2683 v4 Broadwell-E Technology
Motherboard Broadwell-E X99
Cooling Default fan System Level 3
Memory 48GB DDR4
Video Card(s) ASRock Vega 56 8GB
Storage 4 External SSD, 4 External HDD
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Case Dell Precision 7810 Case
Audio Device(s) RealTek High Definition
Power Supply 825 Watts PSU
Mouse Soundless Black Quiet Mouse
Keyboard Dell Black
Software Windows Pro 10 x64
If you would try it, you would like it
OC is not something i am into man , sorry. I tried OC in the past using video cards and its bored and doesn't improve performance one bit, infact sometimes its worse.

You've got online shopping down
Wait what, i don't shop online :laugh:

Typically takes me around 1 minute or so to get a decent clock, only takes longer to really push and make it bench mark stable.
Over clocking is not a waste of time at all.

Extreme amount of disagree, when you can take something that costs $100 and make it perform like something that can't even be bought(Most people run 3.4GHz+) with almost no time or effort, I don't see how it is a waste of time.

oc'ing can give extra performance for free
thats why there is black edition cpus with unlocked multipliers

Maybe OC the CPU gives a boost, but GPU's really does not, even people who have oc to extreme levels on a GPU , only shows what a 10 or 20% increase in performance, i mean none of that is worth it. I leave everything at stock and well everything is fine for me, always have been.

Okay so i looked at the thread and you bought an asus with E5300 thats probly better than the AMD you wanted so well done on that one
You might of looked, but you did not read because i did not buy a dual core yet. I said it was too expensive, so i am going to look tomorrow or buy something next next week.
I am going out tomorrow and see what i can find elsewhere besides best buy.

Last edited by a moderator:

aCid888*

I've said it before....I'll say it again......

Can anyone remove this guys thread starting ability??

Allowing him to start these kind of threads where he asks an opinion then totally ignores it and argues with everyone is getting beyond a joke and its 100% argument bated stuff all the time.

I think its been allowed to continue too long already and needs to be stopped.

@OP: I think your on the wrong forum.

This is a computer tech site, not some Dell/Acer/Emachines/Pre-Built-Thai-Crap forum where no one knows anything.......you may be more at home there telling them how your $400 pre-built can get better FPS in Crysis than my rigs can. :shadedshu

Last edited:
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Maybe OC the CPU gives a boost, but GPU's really does not, even people who have oc to extreme levels on a GPU , only shows what a 10 or 20% increase in performance, i mean none of that is worth it. I leave everything at stock and well everything is fine for me, always have been.

You might of looked, but you did not read because i did not buy a dual core yet. I said it was too expensive, so i am going to look tomorrow or buy something next next week.
I am going out tomorrow and see what i can find elsewhere besides best buy.

Dual Core AMD processors online are $50 to $100. That is not expensive. Triple and Quad cores are $75 to $175.

You just admitted that OCing the GPU will yield a performance boost. OCing a GPU in a rig that is being limited by a lack of CPU power will not improve performance.

You don't shop online. I don't shop in stores for anything with electricity running through it. So we have something in common. A lack of cross medium comparison.

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
i think you should get a single AND a dual core... because some games are threaded and some are not... you should also get an intel and an AMD computer... that way you REALLY will have the most optimized game :roll:

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I've said it before....I'll say it again......

Can anyone remove this guys thread starting ability??

Allowing him to start these kind of threads where he asks an opinion then totally ignores it and argues with everyone is getting beyond a joke and its 100% argument bated stuff all the time.

I think its been allowed to continue too long already and needs to be stopped.

@OP: I think your on the wrong forum.

This is a computer tech site, not some Dell/Acer/Emachines/Pre-Built-Thai-Crap forum where no one knows anything.......you may be more at home there telling them how your $400 pre-built can get better FPS in Crysis than my rigs can. :shadedshu
+1,000,000,000

Ban him already. He's just a troll to come on a PC enthusiast site, and tell us that OCing is a waste, building our own rigs is a waste, and that he maxes out Crysis on his shit hardware.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
you guys taking it so serious, his not exactly playing crysis at high settings or max or whatever,if you seen his screenshot of his setting you can see he has set some of the settings to low or medium due to fact his CPU is weak,if he was going play the game at high settings at least put it all on high? i play crysis with all settings on high and i get same FPS as him,but i doubt he will get same as mine when he put everything on high. Just end it there he doesn't play crysis at high settings

source:
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=104130&page=2

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Well then, he needs to quit claiming he is playing all of his games on high.

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
And that he maxes out Crysis on his shit hardware.

He is not exactly playing crysis at high settings or max or whatever,if you seen his screenshot of his setting you can see he has set some of the settings to low or medium due to fact his CPU is weak

#1 I posted that screenshot and i play at those settings with my Galaxy 9500GT in DX9

#2 I can play Crysis at all high settings with AAX2 at 1280x1024 with ease getting 30+ to 60+ with Vsync enable with my Sapphire 4670 1GB GDDR3 even tho in that video its 1280x720

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihSxBmrabM

#3 It plays even better with my PNY 9800GT.

# Last, in dx10 win7 i can play crysis just fine with my 4670 and even better with my 9800gt, and so so with my 9500gt. But i am back to using XP home edition SP2, so i am using DX9 and crysis or warhead runs easily on my single core system.

Well then, he needs to quit claiming he is playing all of his games on high.

See above.

He's just a troll to come on a PC enthusiast site, and tell us that OCing is a waste
Also yes to me OC is a waste, and IMHO its a waste altogether. I don't have to agree with overclocking like the rest of you guys, just like you may not see that keeping things at stock is a good idea, even tho i never had any issues with performance at stock.

Building our own rigs is a waste
Stop putting words in my mouth, i never said that. I said i am not into building rigs and its a waste of time to me, when i can just go to the store and buy a already built rig and add what i like. If you guys want to take the time to ordering parts waiting days and putting something together, fine, i am not. I don't have the patience for it.

And btw i have the right to say i think building and oc is a waste, you guys do the same to me about buying a prebuilt or not ordering online. I don't have to agree or do what you guys do, everyone does not think or do the same as everyone else, you need to pay attention to life more.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
and why don't you post screenshot of your new settings for crysis,and screenshot of NOT only the 1st level.

and THIS forum is all about building and discussing ALL components, many of us aren't interested in pre-builds because after building a desktop you feel the pride and joy of calling it "yeah its my rig since i built it with all the specs i want" thats the type of feeling you get and you probably get urges to build another like most of us would like to do.

i789

and why don't you post screenshot of your new settings for crysis,and screenshot of NOT only the 1st level.

guys, chill out, there is no reason to fight over a game. ... and I thought this thread is about how u2k wants to buy a computer ???:confused:

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
I have crysis demo install , and i have crysis warhead full install. I just did a fresh install of XP, so i am installing everything back, but sure will do some updates later. Crysis and warhead runs really good , for a single core, just goes to show you that you don't need the latest and newest hardware to run a game at decent performance.

But then again i am gaming at 1280x1024 , so i guess that helps. I also don't have aa at full, only aax2, aa kills performance.

guys, chill out, there is no reason to fight over a game. ... and I thought this thread is about how u2k wants to buy a computer ???:confused:
Well i haven't bought a dual core yet, best buy prices for the ones i want is out of my price range, not on a budget, just don't feel like spending 500 bucks for a simple dual core. I found a dual core E2210 model for only 175 bucks, i may end up picking that up sometime tomorrow or go with another model. I am going out tomorrow looking again, sunday sucks for shopping. I just want a simple dual core, nothing too extreme or expensive.

Because late next month i am picking up a PNY GTS 250/GT240/5600 series(<---- next year) and a Intel Core 2 duo, with Win 7 64x and i plan to get 12GB just for the sake of having it. :) Nobody is fighting tho, i am just having a discussion. :laugh:

System Name Is rly gud
Processor Intel Core i5 11600kf
Motherboard Asus Prime Z590-V ATX
Memory (48GB total) 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport 3000MHZ and G. Skill Ripjaws 32GB 3200MHZ (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3060 12GB
Storage 1TB MSI Spatium M370 NVMe M.2 SSD
Display(s) 32" Viewsonic 4k, 34" Samsung 3440x1440, XP Pen Creative Pro 13.3
Power Supply EVGA 600 80+ Gold
VR HMD Meta Quest Pro, Tundra Trackers
Software Windows 10
Well i haven't bought a dual core yet, best buy prices for the ones i want is out of my price range, not on a budget, just don't feel like spending 500 bucks for a simple dual core. I found a dual core E2210 model for only 175 bucks, i may end up picking that up sometime tomorrow or go with another model. I am going out tomorrow looking again, sunday sucks for shopping. I just want a simple dual core, nothing too extreme or expensive.

I have an e2180 and an e2200. They both suck stock. I'd hold off for a little while longer so you can buy a better prebuilt if i were you.
Or you can buy a cheaper 775 system, order a new processor and have someone put it in for you locally if you feel uncomfortable doing so yourself.

Memory 48GB DDR4
Display(s) HP 27m LCD
Keyboard Dell Black
I have an e2180 and an e2200. They both suck stock. I'd hold off for a little while longer so you can buy a better prebuilt if i were you.
Or you can buy a cheaper 775 system, order a new processor and have someone put it in for you locally if you feel uncomfortable doing so yourself.
Again i am giving away this emachine single core 2.4ghz system to a friend along with my Galaxy 1GB 9500GT, i am in replacing this with a dual core. I am pretty sure the e2210 model at 2.2ghz dual core is still about 2x or 3x faster over my single core system. Or i have a choice between a E5300 model. I can play pretty much any game i own now at max or near max and get 30 or 60 frames +, so having a simple dual core is just fine for me.
I bolded that last part for a reason you know.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
PNY GTS 250

Am i seeing things or is it just me?? XD you do realise a GTS250 requires 6-pin power connector,i would love see you buy that now just the hell you be amazed at the performance of a card that does requires a power connector.
And the best bang of the buck intel core 2 duo cpu is the E5*** series.

Wile E

Power User
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
#1 I posted that screenshot and i play at those settings with my Galaxy 9500GT in DX9

#2 I can play Crysis at all high settings with AAX2 at 1280x1024 with ease getting 30+ to 60+ with Vsync enable with my Sapphire 4670 1GB GDDR3 even tho in that video its 1280x720

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FihSxBmrabM

#3 It plays even better with my PNY 9800GT.

# Last, in dx10 win7 i can play crysis just fine with my 4670 and even better with my 9800gt, and so so with my 9500gt. But i am back to using XP home edition SP2, so i am using DX9 and crysis or warhead runs easily on my single core system.

See above.

Also yes to me OC is a waste, and IMHO its a waste altogether. I don't have to agree with overclocking like the rest of you guys, just like you may not see that keeping things at stock is a good idea, even tho i never had any issues with performance at stock.

Stop putting words in my mouth, i never said that. I said i am not into building rigs and its a waste of time to me, when i can just go to the store and buy a already built rig and add what i like. If you guys want to take the time to ordering parts waiting days and putting something together, fine, i am not. I don't have the patience for it.

And btw i have the right to say i think building and oc is a waste, you guys do the same to me about buying a prebuilt or not ordering online. I don't have to agree or do what you guys do, everyone does not think or do the same as everyone else, you need to pay attention to life more.
#1 - Those settings aren't all high

#2 - If every single setting is on High, this statement is complete and total bullshit. If every single setting is not on high, than you ARE NOT playing at high settings. High settings = absolutely everything on High. Besides, a video of the opening CUTSCENE proves not a damn thing. It's a hell of a lot less demanding on the hardware than the firefights in the game.

#3 - No kidding. :rolleyes:

#Last - Your definition of fine differs from almost every single other enthusiast on this site. As, apparently, does your definitions of Max and Near-max.

While you may have never directly said building your own is a waste, your posts convey that message, intended or not.

And when you come on to a site whose majority of users are OCing and self-building enthusiasts, claiming that it's a waste of time, this is, in fact, trolling. It's like going to a car enthusiast website, and saying that modifying cars is stupid. It's nothing but a flaimbait. Where you post your opinion is every bit as important as what you post.

You are on the wrong website. You should go somewhere that's a little less enthusiast oriented.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16