• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The AMD Phenom II OC'ers Club

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling EK FLT 240 DDC, x2 Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX, x1 EK-Quantum Surface P240, Phanteks D30-120 fans x9
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) Samsung 49" Ultrawide Gaming Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply ASUS Rog Thor 1200 Certified 1200W
Software Windows 11 64 Bit Home Edition
Well clearly my issue is with heat inside my case. I opened the side panel and from 48ºc it went down to 41-42ºc. The a/c just turned off. When it comes back on I wouldn't be surprised to see 30's!

Kei

System Name ...no name yet
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800x3D
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X670E-E Wi-Fi
Cooling EK Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux-D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5 6000Mhz CL36 32GB (2x16)
Video Card(s) MSI 4090 Gaming Trio
Storage 1Tb Samsung 860 SSD, twin 2TB Samsung nvme drives
Display(s) Asus ROG Swift PG279Q IPS gsync 2k
Case Thermaltake P5 wall mounted and backlit with Corsair lighting node pro
Power Supply EVGA P3 1000w
Mouse Logitech G9x (awesome!)
Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Software Windows 10 64Bit
Benchmark Scores CPU-Z 698s/7465m (7800x3D result)
Hey bro dont it mount to the stock rear plate?

obsidian? who said that? damm you ppl!

also to Kei! your a bastard lol... Im running stock cpu clocks to see how low I can low volt the cpu. I however refuse to run and NB lower than 2600MHz... The nb is running 1.20v (for now) and the cpu the same, the memory is pumping @1600MHz @ 1.60v 1T 7.7.6.15.25.... so far it passes Intel burn test :cool:
I find running stock cpu clocks to be just as fast as an o/c'd cpu for a 24/7 rig.... :nutkick:
Well you did it! you rubbed your low volt crap on me after all lol!!!!
I guess that makes us even for the H2o shit hey bro lol!:p

:nutkick::toast:

Yep, I'd say we're even now lol! I completely agree that a stock cpu clock is just as fast as the oc/d stuff for 24/7 use which is why I always ran this way. If I was benching OF COURSE I'd rock the highest I could get, but for 24/7 use it's less than useless...Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox/Safari won't load any faster running 4Ghz than 3.2Ghz. One is crazy cool running....almost frigid in temps, saves loot so we can buy more shiny stuff lol, and makes no noise since the fans can honestly be turned off depending on the cpu cooler. :rockout:

I don't blame you running the NB higher than stock, you've gotta get it outta your system somehow...I don't run my NB stock either lol. If I'm running 1333Mhz then I usually run 2.2Ghz, if I'm running 1600Mhz then I run 2.4-2.6Ghz but...if the board allows 1333Mhz cas6 that is retarded fast for daily usage and runs on the lowest possible volts so I run it.

Speakin' of bastards.....I bought a CM690 case today...the first thing I did when I turned to the back was check out the location of the water tube holes. :shadedshu

I'd show what it looks like inside right now, but with the akward 8-pin spot for this Giggy board....and the fact that I'm not LUSTING after a modular power supply...I'll hold off on shots for now lol.

Kei

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
@ Thor

Thanks a lot for posting those shots of the voltages with various programs, my previous ASUS board did nearly the samething with the voltages being different in every program compared to the bios. The only two that appeard to be near were CPU-Z and Hardware monitor, however CPU-Z would just report whatever the bios said (a static reading not real) though Hardware monitor seemed to work perfectly fine.

@ CP

I think the best thing to buy would be the video card, your temps are 'very' high and I'm totally convinced it's the video cards doing it. The 4000 series cards ran warmer than the 5000 series cards do, and I'm not sure if you've undervolted either of your cards to compensate for the heat. Then again since you're running CF it might be more difficult to do that since each card has to be clocked individually if I remember correctly. Once you get a card that exhausts out the rear your temps will go down pretty dramatically no doubt.

I'm not sure how many case fans you have or what their ratings are, but if you set them up so you have more intake fans than exhaust that'll help too once you get the new card. I've got my stuff setup that way and it helps the video card sooooo much to get that warm air out of the chassis super quick. It makes the video card fan far more efficient than having the configuration the other way around. :)

My card is running 30C right now @ 25% fan speed....how sweet is that! :rockout:

Kei

Cooling EK FLT 240 DDC, x2 Black Ice Nemesis 360GTX, x1 EK-Quantum Surface P240, Phanteks D30-120 fans x9
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Case Phanteks NV7
@ Thor

Thanks a lot for posting those shots of the voltages with various programs, my previous ASUS board did nearly the samething with the voltages being different in every program compared to the bios. The only two that appeard to be near were CPU-Z and Hardware monitor, however CPU-Z would just report whatever the bios said (a static reading not real) though Hardware monitor seemed to work perfectly fine.

@ CP

I think the best thing to buy would be the video card, your temps are 'very' high and I'm totally convinced it's the video cards doing it. The 4000 series cards ran warmer than the 5000 series cards do, and I'm not sure if you've undervolted either of your cards to compensate for the heat. Then again since you're running CF it might be more difficult to do that since each card has to be clocked individually if I remember correctly. Once you get a card that exhausts out the rear your temps will go down pretty dramatically no doubt.

I'm not sure how many case fans you have or what their ratings are, but if you set them up so you have more intake fans than exhaust that'll help too once you get the new card. I've got my stuff setup that way and it helps the video card sooooo much to get that warm air out of the chassis super quick. It makes the video card fan far more efficient than having the configuration the other way around. :)

My card is running 30C right now @ 25% fan speed....how sweet is that! :rockout:

Kei

Thanks Kei. When you mean my temps are high, you mean CPU temps or ambient temps inside the case? I have not undervolted my cards actually, everything video related is at defaults including fans speeds/voltages/clocks, etc.

I just can't comprehend how this case cannot have good airflow. It's got two 110CFM Scythe's up front at full blast, It's got a 230mm or so fan exhausting out the top, not a very fast fan but it moves some good mass of airflow. In the back I have another two 120mm 110CFM Scythe's in push & pull configuration blowing air in through the Corsair H50. There's tons of airflow, but two cards in there might just be screwing everything up since they vent inside and not out the back.

Overall I am very pleased with the H50. Here's the final comparison:

3826 MHz @ 1.392v 2600 NB @ 1.3v
Ambient @ about 22-23ºc, side panel opened.

Megahalem with one 110CFM fan Pushing: Max Temp 48-49ºc
Corsair H50 with two 110CFM fans P&P: Max Temp 40-42ºc
Corsair H50 with two 110CFM fans P&P turned down to 900RPM's: 44-45ºc.

With the fans in the case turned down to the lowest and the ones on the H50 as well the rig is nearly completely silent. The beauty of the H50 is that it feels like you have a really really good air cooler. You buy it and mount it, that's it! You didn't have to assemble anything, no filling the loop, nothing! People look at it and say how the hell can that puny little radiator cool, well it's all about efficiency. The pump and res and block are all in one which in terms minimizes the cooling a lot! The thing must use a feet of tubing at the most :laugh: It's a very efficient design, and with some decent push and pull the thing cools very freakin' good! :rockout:

Reactions: Kei

jjFarking

System Name Frankenstein C3
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965BE C3
Motherboard Asus M4A79T DeLuxe
Cooling Aywun A1-V10
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (2x2GB @ 1333MHz)
Video Card(s) XFX HD 5850 @ 775/1125
Storage Seagate 250gb/500gb/1tb
Display(s) BENQ E2200HD
Case Thermaltake Element S (VK60001W2Z)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Zalman ZM600-HP
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
I just can't comprehend how this case cannot have good airflow. It's got two 110CFM Scythe's up front at full blast, It's got a 230mm or so fan exhausting out the top, not a very fast fan but it moves some good mass of airflow. In the back I have another two 120mm 110CFM Scythe's in push & pull configuration blowing air in through the Corsair H50. There's tons of airflow, but two cards in there might just be screwing everything up since they vent inside and not out the back.

It's because you needed the TT Element S with the side-panel fan..
I keep telling ya it's a crap case :p
:laugh:

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
It's because you needed the TT Element S with the side-panel fan..
I keep telling ya it's a crap case :p
:laugh:
I told CP a while back that the two gpu's are the problem.
It's not his case.

I hate the Asus cooler design on those card's, they cause nothing but tons of heat!

jjFarking

System Name Frankenstein C3
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965BE C3
Motherboard Asus M4A79T DeLuxe
Cooling Aywun A1-V10
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR3 (2x2GB @ 1333MHz)
Video Card(s) XFX HD 5850 @ 775/1125
Storage Seagate 250gb/500gb/1tb
Display(s) BENQ E2200HD
Case Thermaltake Element S (VK60001W2Z)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Elite Pro
Power Supply Zalman ZM600-HP
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
I told CP a while back that the two gpu's are the problem.
It's not his case.

I hate the Asus cooler design on those card's, they cause nothing but tons of heat!

I have the same case he has, except mine does have the side-panel fan. It makes a noticeable difference, even with cards that vent in the case.

That said, cards venting into the case is *never* a good idea.. :banghead:

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Thanks Kei. When you mean my temps are high, you mean CPU temps or ambient temps inside the case? I have not undervolted my cards actually, everything video related is at defaults including fans speeds/voltages/clocks, etc.

Overall I am very pleased with the H50. Here's the final comparison:

3826 MHz @ 1.392v 2600 NB @ 1.3v
Ambient @ about 22-23ºc, side panel opened.

Megahalem with one 110CFM fan Pushing: Max Temp 48-49ºc
Corsair H50 with two 110CFM fans P&P: Max Temp 40-42ºc
Corsair H50 with two 110CFM fans P&P turned down to 900RPM's: 44-45ºc.

With the fans in the case turned down to the lowest and the ones on the H50 as well the rig is nearly completely silent. The beauty of the H50 is that it feels like you have a really really good air cooler. You buy it and mount it, that's it! You didn't have to assemble anything, no filling the loop, nothing! People look at it and say how the hell can that puny little radiator cool, well it's all about efficiency. The pump and res and block are all in one which in terms minimizes the cooling a lot! The thing must use a feet of tubing at the most :laugh: It's a very efficient design, and with some decent push and pull the thing cools very freakin' good!

Your cpu temps are really bad to me especially with your ambient being that high, the motherboard temps and all that jazz though I think are probably higher than what they would be if you had gpu exhausts. I'm really curious to know what your gpu temps are when just doing normal daily stuff, and what fan speeds as well.

With the Powerplay function enabled (that dynamic clocking stuff) my card knocks back to 157Mhz core 300Mhz ram, and I run the fan speed down to 25%. Temps before getting the CM690 (not the 690II...CompUSA was selling the 690 for $50, you just can't pass that up lol) at idle were 33-34C which is still very very low. After getting the CM690 my temps are 29-31C which is a nice little gain (added the bottom mounted 40cfm 10dBa intake fan). Of course my card exhaust air out the BACK of the case, and since I set my system up to have more intake fans than exhaust fans the card exhaust even better so no heat stagnates inside the case.

Instead of picking up that Obsidian....as TEMPTING as that really is...I 100% recommend to get another gpu (translation: You're buying a 5000 series card :nutkick:) so that you use less power, have FAR lower temps system/gpu, and they just look damn cool anyway lol.

My ambients are less than your easily sitting around 15-18C (without AC in the winter) so I have an advantage with that anyway, but I'm still absolutely sure we can drop your temps even further. Right now you've got those Slipstreams screamin' away, but you've got TWO gpu's that both produce significant heat, and TWO fans blowing hot radiator air into the case so the 230mm fan up top just can't handle all that by itself. I'm not sure the flow rate on that fan, but I'm 100²% sure that it's not greater than 110+110+gpu+gpu+twin rad fans. :)

I still think that case is a good case (almost bought it), you just have to pay careful attention to how you want the fans setup to get the right airflow...after you stop the gpu's from talking all that hot air though lol.

Kei

Case Phanteks NV7
Kei
my cards are in the sixties. Fan speed is on AUTO so I don't remember the speed. Before buying a other card of case I'm gonna remove a card or maybe try my 2900xt. That card has an exhaust out the rear. Once I do that I can figure out how I'll place the fans that are in the case.

Nobody has 5xxx series cards in stock. I would like to settle for at least a 5850.

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Kei
my cards are in the sixties. Fan speed is on AUTO so I don't remember the speed. Before buying a other card of case I'm gonna remove a card or maybe try my 2900xt. That card has an exhaust out the rear. Once I do that I can figure out how I'll place the fans that are in the case.

Nobody has 5xxx series cards in stock. I would like to settle for at least a 5850.

Newegg has a bunch of 5850's in stock as of right now?

Those temps are very high indeed, I don't remember what the default fan speed is for the 4850 but I think I used to run mine on around 35% for idle temps and 45% for load.

You can try to underclock+undervolt the cards (for idle usage I mean, it won't affect 3D clocks or performance at all) using the profiles in CCC. I create a profile that I map to some shortcut keys (usually Ctrl+Alt+D for daily, and whatever else I just change letters), and then edit the profile itself where the clock speeds and voltages are shown.

That way you can run lower clocks for the normal daily usage which allows you to use less voltage, and 3D clocks will stay exactly the same and switch on automatically whenever anything 3D/stressful occurs. That should help your temperatures on these cards quite a bit as well.

If you want help with that I can go into more detail... :toast:

Kei

Case Phanteks NV7
Well I meant locally lol.

Kei do I have a more direct way of contacting you bro? Pm the info if possible.

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Well I meant locally lol.

Kei do I have a more direct way of contacting you bro? Pm the info if possible.

Doood......you have my number lol. :p Check your PM's

Kei

Case Phanteks NV7
I don't have those PM's anymore dude :p.

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+
Case Phanteks NV7
I know you just sent it again but I'm on my phone ATM. So I'll get around to opening our PM LOL

Kei

Keyboard Logitech G105
VR HMD Pimax 5k+

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
phenom X6 may have to wait for me

lookie here is the truck i pulled out

killed the alternator on it and its not rebuildable i already tried

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Dam CD that truck has in it real deep hey! Im surprised that little truck pulled that beast out ;)

Case Phanteks NV7
Afterall, seems like fun. The alternator part ain't fun though lol

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
Dam CD that truck has in it real deep hey! Im surprised that little truck pulled that beast out ;)

the reason the front of my truck is solid mud is cause i went thru that hole before him and went under so its quite deep and i did infact make it deeper myself

Afterall, seems like fun. The alternator part ain't fun though lol

was fun fuck alternators $140 :(

CD is your truck the ford or chevy?

ford ranger 4x4 edge with a 4:10 rear in it and a 4L v6

bboy-mass

System Name MassWithClass
Processor PhenomII x6 1090T BE
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV
Cooling Coolit alc 240 water cooling kit
Memory 4G Corsair Dominator 1066
Video Card(s) ATI HD6990
Storage 1TB WD + 500G WD (nothing special)
Display(s) 3 x Dell 22in 6040x1080
Case Coolermaster HAF
Audio Device(s) Creative
Power Supply Tangen 900
Software Windows 7 64 Premium
Thanks for invite Ki

Ok guys, I'm pissed today.

I purchased a new 965BE-C3 today to replace my C2 version and I got myself a H50 cooler and I'm still not stable over 3.7G :banghead:

Specs:

MOBO: M4A79T-Deluxe
Mem: 1333 Corasir Dom 4GIG
Cooler:H50 (water)
Windows7-64
GPU:GTX295

I sold my old 965 and put the extra £30 pounds thinking it was worth the extra 300Mhz and I still can't get 4G stable in Prime95???

Anyone got some settings for my BIOS

PLEASE.lol

R.
Bboy

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
yea wall i have a 1998 ford ranger 3.0 v-6 5-speed and i love my ranger! it got a flowmaster that makes it sound pretty deep.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Ok guys, I'm pissed today.

I purchased a new 965BE-C3 today to replace my C2 version and I got myself a H50 cooler and I'm still not stable over 3.7G :banghead:

Specs:

MOBO: M4A79T-Deluxe
Mem: 1333 Corasir Dom 4GIG
Cooler:H50 (water)
Windows7-64
GPU:GTX295

I sold my old 965 and put the extra £30 pounds thinking it was worth the extra 300Mhz and I still can't get 4G stable in Prime95???

Anyone got some settings for my BIOS

PLEASE.lol

R.
Bboy

go check out my post in the thread you posted than come back for more help mate.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
the reason the front of my truck is solid mud is cause i went thru that hole before him and went under so its quite deep and i did infact make it deeper myself

was fun fuck alternators $140 :(

ford ranger 4x4 edge with a 4:10 rear in it and a 4L v6
well the v6 and 4:10 gearing would be fun for sure lol....add a small supper charger to that and ya be able to skim across the mud lol.. and $140 for a alternator?
thats a tad high imo.... cant you rebuild it your self with a rebuild kit?