• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Do you think PC gamers are being shafted lately?

Are PC gamers getting shafted?

• Total voters
System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Lets be realistic ppl if more ppl actually bought the games instead of getting pirated copies it would help also.

that is such a lame argument. where people get the idea that a pirated copy is a lost sale , is beyond me. it doesn't make any rational sense.
of the people that WOULD purchase the game, I only see them going to pirated copies when a game is not released on time, or it has insane DRM. not that that justifies it, but it IS something the companies could easily rectify. Also, there are NO statistics backing up the claims that piracy hurts sales. there are many statistics backing up the other side.

obviously it's not, right. i like to give money for something i appreciate, I like to have a collection of games that I OWN. but it's a reason, and it is something, again, that the Pubs/Devs COULD do something about, if they weren't crying wolf.

the fact is there are simply not enough hardcore pc gamers to compete with the console crowd. it is lowest common denominator - and many of us complaining about the shafting (me included) have 1 or MORE consoles as well. we purchase those games too, a lot of us.

the point is, i have no idea what can be done. i simply don't know if there are enough of us to make an impact on the market. that is compounded by the fact that the BIGGEST Pc games purchasers are Russian and Asian .... communication, rallying, standing together - is much harder when you can't talk to each other.

System Name The Darkside
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4
Cooling OEM
Memory 16gb G.Skill Fortis
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 1070
Storage 500gb Mushkin Pilot NVMe
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4k UHD
Case Corsair iCue 465X RGB
Audio Device(s) Onboard Reltek
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Software Windows 10
See as to Mussels has said, they release crap games and they wont know till they buy it. I will d/l a game try it (only a few mins to a few hours into it to see if I like it) If I do like it, I will go out and buy the actual copy of it and play. If I dont like it, I will just uninstall and delete all traces of it. The demos of games just isnt enough. I have done this to most all my games after I bought Starshatter....NEVER again will I buy a game off the whim w/o much knowledge of it or cool commercials/packaging. Flame all ya guys want under ur breaths, its my way of saving money in this strapped economy.

Save the PC Gaming community!!!!!

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
Lets be realistic ppl if more ppl actually bought the games instead of getting pirated copies it would help also. And why all this lets rebel stuff like rebelling against the guys that make the games is gonna work. Thats like all the hate mail Michael Atkinson gets doesnt help gamers cause one bit just makes us look as bad guys.

DRM and no resale value of most games drove me away from new purchases, no Lan gaming, the list goes on. I know someone who pirated L4D and was able to play it through lan and without steam, 2 big pluses. Still gaming on age old games, Warcraft 3:TFT, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and so on. My internet has no connection to Steam and things like that, so I can only do Lan gaming.

The main thing PC's have going for them that consoles can't replicate are MMORG's. Thats the sad truth. Game dev's will keep making games for all platforms because thats how they make the most money. More money is needed for more games. More games are needed because the gaming community (Major platforms, 360/PS3/PC) is demanding and they want more games to play.

Think about the last 3 years. How many epic games have come out across all the major platforms? L4D 1 & 2, Boarderlands, Assassins Creed 1 & 2, Modern Warfare 1 & 2, Mass Effect 1 & 2 (PC and 360), Dead Space, GTA 4, I can name games all day.

The fact is, the console gaming community is what DRIVES THE GAMING DEVELOPMENT MARKET. It's the only way companies can get enough money to keep making the games WE ALL want to play. If the 360, PS3 and even the Wii didn't exist, I guarantee you we'd all be playing some sort of MMORPG or RTS game right now.

I blame Cliffy B. from EPIC games for making the statement that PC game was dying... i didn't know he was the lemming every game dev would follow. :(

"I think people would rather make a game that sells 4.5 million copies than a million and Gears is at 4.5 million right now on the 360," he said.

"I think the PC is just in disarray... What's driving the PC right now is Sims-type games and WoW and a lot of stuff that's in a web-based interface. You just click on it and play it. That's the direction PC is evolving into. So for me, the PC is kind of the secondary part of what we're doing. It's important for us, but right now making AAA games on consoles is where we're at." - Cliffy B. from Epic

Truth hurts, but I'm telling you guys, this is how things are and how they will continue to be. Game dev's make games for consoles first because thats how they get money BACK. There are way more console gamers in comparison to PC gamers. Its cheaper to buy a console and it doesn't require any troubleshooting knowledge to operate. Its only smart game dev's market to their products to the bigger buying market, console gaming. But this isn't entirely bad for us PC gamers, and I will tell you why in one sentence.

If game dev's didn't make millions due to console sales, they wouldn't be around.

So its a catch 22. We hate the "ported" games, but at least we have game titles on PC at all. They could really screw us and make all these games we've been playing for the last 3-4 years console exclusive. And don't think Blizzard and or Value are high and mighty and are only thinking of PC gamers (first). If WoW could run on a 360 or PS3, I'm sure Blizzard would make it happen, lol.

Last edited:
System Name Betty The Dirty Dragon
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8
Motherboard ASUS sabertooth rev 2
Cooling Watercooling - Swiftech GTZ - XSPC RS360 - XSPC RX120
Memory 8GB corsair vengeance cas 9
Video Card(s) 280x 1100core 1600 mem
Storage 240 gb ssd- 2 tb Storage
Display(s) Samsung 24" 2433BW
Case Corsair 650d
Audio Device(s) Xfi Fatality Titanium Pro
Power Supply XFX 850 fully modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
The thing that i hate is DLC, where has this come from ......... alot of DLC was all ready there in games but they then decide to take out parts of games, side story's and optional missions. which were available in older games. Now they take parts out of games and charge us for it, these are not add ons as such they are unlocked content, that we would have got for nothing pre current gen consoles. I hate DLC really annoys me that they do it, to me that is plain BS.

DLC does not add to a game, it takes stuff away from us and then sold back to us. I hate in reviews when they says o yeah and there will be DLC ......... erm we should of had that in the first place!

And where did DLC come from?

XBOX LIVE and Playstation Network

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
There's plenty of PC-only developers releasing dozens of budget titles and also those pushing the envelope like GCS Game World.

It is very simple, there's over one billion computers in use in the world. Make a game for $20 that only half of those people buy and you're looking at $10,000,000,000 in potential revenue. The market is unquestionably there: the problem is finding the right product at the right price with the right availability.

Well yeah, FarmVille runs fine on anything and so do Flash and Java based games, but the big dev's are what I think people are talking about in this thread. EA, Valve, IW, id, Bethesda, BioWare, DICE, etc.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Consoles and computers have pretty much existed together for a couple decades now. How do you think PC users felt about Atari users? I don't see a problem only consistency. It is consistent that PC users like to bitch about consoles and vice-versa. Nothing has changed other than the market getting bigger. Both consoles and PC's have more software to use than ever before. The only people getting shafted are those who feel they are getting shafted. They aren't, but it's fun to think so.

I need the option: "I'm a gamer and I don't care, nor do I have a reason to."

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I do think we are getting shafted, but not all for the same reasons, I could honestly careless about LAN on BC2, or most things since there are no LAN parties around here. But beyond that, yep, a lt of things have been consolized and it's nice to see a PC standout now and then.

And I agree with erocker, there is another poll option missing. There are some people mostly happy with how things are, I can't say I am completely, but for the most part I got what I want on PC.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
[/Sarcasm] I dont see why developers should be bothered to develop games for consoles, afterall, they design and make their games on PCs anyway. [sarcasm]

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
Obvious Answer

The problem is that software theft is on the rise; One way to prevent someone from playing on line is by removing any offline component of multiplayer. I believe in the future most games will go to a mini-WoW based model; with 2.00USD/month for online access. Just look at Sc2..or any other online game coming out. They need to reinvent the model for profitability sake.

System Name Rampage 3.0
Processor i7 3770K 4.2Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Cooling Corsair 110 (280mm rad)
Memory 16GB G.Skill Sniper F3-1866 10-11-10 CR1
Video Card(s) 2 X gigabyte 7970 ghz edition @1100mhz / 6000mhz
Storage samsung 500 GB + 128GM crucial M4 ssd
Display(s) LG IPS235P 23in IPS 1080p
Case corsair vengance c70 - white
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair HX-750w
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
shafted yes, it's a sad fact but its where the market is going, console, easy to code for devs, cheap to buy, easy for the end user to use... and look at pc's (in au$) roughly $2000 for a "gaming pc" a console (dont realy know) but what $500 ish.. even so its about 1/4 to 1/3rd of the price and of course thats where the dev's and end users are going to head.. sad but true, but honistly no matter no matter what us die hard pc gamers do consoles will win this battle, i think in the long run we will loose :( ..

its a sad world but $$$ dose make the world and i am sure if dev's could spend extra time on us pc gamers they would, but share holders want their profit each quater and sadly that lies with consoles

(but all that being said we can make out point known and delay this enavitable day of doom when pc gamers die in the shados of consoles (rember their competing GFX wise more and more with pc's then ever, it's just the interface that drages them down (contoles), damn these console gamers :p)

edit: please note i am a die hard pc gamer and hope i will be till the day i die and dont owen a console, but the market is the market :(

System Name My Rig
Processor AMD 3950X
Motherboard X570 TUFF GAMING PLUS
Cooling EKWB Custom Loop, Lian Li 011 G1 distroplate/DDC 3.1 combo
Memory 4x16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) MSI Seahawk 2080 Ti EKWB block
Storage 2TB Auros NVMe Drive
Display(s) Asus P27UQ
Case Lian Li 011-Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) JBL 30X
Power Supply Seasonic Titanium 1000W
Mouse Razer Lancehead
Keyboard Razer Widow Maker Keyboard
Software Window's 10 Pro
You make some good poings Rampage; There are obvious advantages to consoles;

Here's where I think gaming is heading. Dedicated gaming hardware, such as a console..However the addition of keyboard and mice support for consoles is on the horizon. I would hope it would be universally supported in the next gen of consoles.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I haven't bought any of the games you listed for the reasons posted.

I will prefer to run a older game I have control over and mod it than pay $50 for a game that has only slightly better graphics and worse options.

System Name Champ's 1440P Rig
Processor Intel i7-4770K @ 4.6 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z97 Extreme6
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 Mhz 4x4 Blue Ram
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 840 Evo 256 GB/RAID 0 Western Digital Blue 1 TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case Antec P100
Power Supply Corsair CX850M
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard TT eSports Poseidon
Software Windows 10
I don't know how many of you guys have heard of the upcoming football game BackBreaker. I badly want this game and it isn't gonna be released for PC, so I had to buy a 360. I've had multiple failure will the 360 before and only one failure with my PC that was solved with a PSU upgrade. I really love the companies that make PC only games and games with requirements so high console would struggle to run them. That's the only thing keeping us from sinking.

shevanel

start a new website "approved by gamers" or someshit.. review games and stamp it with approval whenever it has that approval of your sites pc gaming community.

Compile a list of games past and preset, developer trends, habits fails and wins.

would be rediculous hard to accomplish though bec the average joe will buy any game if the commercial looks good regardless of the ratings or the games features

Benetanegia

Truth hurts, but I'm telling you guys, this is how things are and how they will continue to be. Game dev's make games for consoles first because thats how they get money BACK. There are way more console gamers in comparison to PC gamers. Its cheaper to buy a console and it doesn't require any troubleshooting knowledge to operate. Its only smart game dev's market to their products to the bigger buying market, console gaming. But this isn't entirely bad for us PC gamers, and I will tell you why in one sentence.

If game dev's didn't make millions due to console sales, they wouldn't be around.

That is absolutely false and that's what publishers want to make you/us believe. It's not about getting money back or having a sustained market or whatever way you want to look at it. It's only about making money, loads and loads of money.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation...ern-warfare-2-sales-nuke-all-previous-records

Let's break down the numbers. Modern Warfare 2 sold 4.7 million copies in the first 24 hours, earning $310 million. Those sales figures only count North America and the UK. Worldwide figures will roll in soon, snowballing well beyond the $155 million that box-office record-breaker "The Dark Knight" raked in during its opening weekend.

How can anyone justify what's happening to games based in ANY economic argument, when games that cost (way) less than $25 millions to make earn twice as much as movies that cost well in excess of $100-200 millions. You can't. There's simply no argument. There's no argument towards: "We have to abandon PC gaming because consoles is the only way to survive."

Half-Life sold 8 million copies, many other great PC games sold a lot too, Starcraft, Command&Conquer comes to mind. So it was a good selling platform. Even Half-Life 2 has sold tons of copies, but no one really knows how much because most of them were bought through Steam and statistics only show retail. It still sold 4 millions. More recently Crysis easily surpassed the million in this convoluted PC market. Crysis that could only run on 5% of PCs out there.

But now, those were GOOD games. And as the good games they were, they sold. It's the crappy console ports that don't sell. If you make a dumbed down console game and a crappy port to PC, you can't expect to sell on the PC. In no way the PC gaming community has abandoned PC gaming. It's the people making the games who have abandoned us, and not because that's the only thing they can do to survive as it shows the numbers I posted. It's really significant when one game's profit margins exceeds the movies profits in a 10 to 1 basis. There's no excuse.

Sorry for the rant.

EDIT: Note that my argument is not against console games. It's about making crappy PC ports with the excuse that it's not financially viable to make it a good port or even a slightly different -better for PC- game. When a game costs $25 million to make, and most of it comes from marketing and distribution expenses, you just can justify the lack of a proper port. You are going to earn $300 millions in the first weeked FFS!! Expend an extra of $5 millions and give everybody the game they deserve.

EDIT2: Revenues (I did just a quick search, you all are free to find other links):

Electronic Arts: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=436876

Non-GAAP net revenue is expected to be $4.125 billion to $4.2 billion for fiscal year 2010 versus prior guidance of $4.2 billion to $4.4 billion.

Time Warner: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/time-warner-profits-beat_n_141373.html

Revenue was essentially flat at $11.71 billion, compared with $11.68 billion last year, and below analysts' expectations of $11.9 billion.

Doesn't anyone see something that is wrong here? Yeah, Time Wagner's is 3 times higher, but we are talking about Time Wagner!! They operate on films, TV, press... AND games!

Disney: http://www.allbusiness.com/north-america/united-states-california-metro-areas/114780-1.html

Disney revenues were $1.3 billion, up 23 percent from $1 billion they year before. Net income was $174.4 million, up 18 percent.

Activision: http://www.edge-online.com/news/activision-profits-jump-sevenfold

Due to the delays, the publisher adjusted its revenue outlook for calendar 2009 down from $4.3 billion to $4.05 billion.

Last edited:

shevanel

so you are the 1 vote for here for No?

lol i do see your points though and they are probbaly valid. and at the end of the day its all about game makers.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I haven't really bothered to do much but skim the topic. So I'm just going to say what I think. The PC gamers are certainly not being shafted. We PC gamers were used to a higher standard that console games. However, due to many issues in the present world, what we have been given recently has been games that are essentially console games. I would say we are being shafted if we were getting worse quality games, but we aren't.

MK4512

System Name MK4512's Computer
Processor Phenom II X3 720 @3.4GHz
Motherboard ASRock AOD790GX
Cooling Artic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Memory 4 GB GSkill DDR2 800 RAM @4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 4890
Storage 500GB Seagate
Display(s) 22" Philips 1920x1080
Case Antec 300 (w/ New LED Fans!)
Power Supply 600w OCZ XStream Modular PSU
Software Windows 7
Wow! 74 to 1!

I think that Console games are moving away from local multiplayer, which are the only freakin' reason I bought them in the first place! :banghead:

Yeah, but no LAN support in CNC4 and Starcraft II?

Come on Blizzard (and to a lesser extent EA*), you know everyone is going to buy Starcraft anyways, why should you remove functionality?

*Because probably not everyone is going to buy CNC4, especially with all the cutting out of buildings. DAMN YOU STREAMLINING!

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
that is such a lame argument. where people get the idea that a pirated copy is a lost sale , is beyond me. it doesn't make any rational sense.
of the people that WOULD purchase the game, I only see them going to pirated copies when a game is not released on time, or it has insane DRM. not that that justifies it, but it IS something the companies could easily rectify. Also, there are NO statistics backing up the claims that piracy hurts sales. there are many statistics backing up the other side.

obviously it's not, right. i like to give money for something i appreciate, I like to have a collection of games that I OWN. but it's a reason, and it is something, again, that the Pubs/Devs COULD do something about, if they weren't crying wolf.

the fact is there are simply not enough hardcore pc gamers to compete with the console crowd. it is lowest common denominator - and many of us complaining about the shafting (me included) have 1 or MORE consoles as well. we purchase those games too, a lot of us.

the point is, i have no idea what can be done. i simply don't know if there are enough of us to make an impact on the market. that is compounded by the fact that the BIGGEST Pc games purchasers are Russian and Asian .... communication, rallying, standing together - is much harder when you can't talk to each other.

Oh come on it has to have some impact there are ppl who will not buy the games full stop and only get pirated. Crumbs i had the shock of my life yesterday when i went past my local movie shop and noticed it was only a quarter of its original size. Now it could be other factors like not great service but my guess movie piracy would have an impact with it and there are others who have closed piracy does have an impact.

System Name The Metadis
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asrock B650 RS Pro
Cooling MSI MAG CoreLiquid 360R V2
Memory 32GB G-Skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000mhz CL32
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RX 7900XTX OC 24GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB Gen4 nvme + Sabrent Rocket Pro 500GB Nvme Gen3
Display(s) LG C2 42" 4K 120hz OLED
Case NZXT H6 Flow
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Edition XS - Ifi Zen DAC V2 - 7Hz x Crinacle Salnotes Dioko 14.6m Planar Diaphragm Drive IEM
Power Supply Seasonic G12 GM - 850W 80 Plus Gold
Mouse Corsair M65 ELITE RGB Optical FPS Gaming Mouse (18000 DPI Optical Sensor)
Keyboard Redragon K648 90% Wired Aluminium Mechanical - Rock-Solid Metal Board Built-in Noise Absorbing Foams
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software Windows 11 64-bit
The only reason why PC gaming is sucking for me lately is because consoles is where the money is.
if pirating was not around then it would be the same as it was around 5-6 years ago.
Sure didn't MW2 get over 4+ million illegal downloads??

i don't even feel like buying new computer parts anymore either...there's no PC games out there that makes me want to spend cash.
Ive spent little on my PS3 and it's more fun on it.
Of course games are just better on it.. like Uncharted 2, MGS4, MAG and so on...I just don't see much effort being put into PC gamers anymore. :(

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
my rant will be why the hell is crytek making crysis 2 for consoles now?? i hope they make it better for us PC gamers since it should of been a PC exclusive..i got feeling people going rant how awesome the consoles can play a game like crysis 2 so i think crysis 1 graphics probably going be better than 2.

I don't mind either console or PC gaming since i was a console gamer from start and have stuck with it for years now but since i got introduce into pc gaming my maturity you could say towards gaming is lot better on the PC where the community is better while you get 10 year old little boys ranting how good they are in games.

I get tons of crap about people talking about how awesome console is and they say how PC is crap because its too expensive?? the other day i just loled at my friend whos a sony PS3 fan when the PSN network got bugged he was ranting how if sony don't fix it they are going go bust i was thinking..LOL your a idiot Sony will never go bust since they are still making profit from other products and 360 is "catching" up to their sales..hasn't 360 got bigger sale than PS3 already?

I just bought all 3 current gens just for fact i can stay out of their damn argument war of which is better so i remain biased and i love what all 3 consoles bring for exclusive titles and theres my mid-range gaming PC where i feel proud and happy being on everyday.

Well anyways i think we PC gamers are just getting treated the same as console gamers now which i think sucks so i think we are geting shafted down.

System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Theres always going to be bad games coming out on all platforms if you concentrate on them instead of the great titles then ofcourse youll think your being shafted.