• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE feature requests

Astennu

I wonder as well. :)
Problem is that software that programs the card's controller directly (during run-time) has to modify memory values in this controller. This controller is (more or less) well documented by ATI, so you just look up how to do what you want to do with the controller and code it.

Modifying the BIOS is a little different/more complicated. You have to figure out how and where the values you wanna change are saved inside the BIOS. There is no documentation around, so researching is the most time-eating part in developing RBE. It takes lots and lots of trial-and-error and without having one of those cards myself, it's almost impossible to find stuff out.

So I'm pretty willing to implement stuff and it's easy to do as long as I know what I'm doing there.
Maybe I'll get more time for researching in the future again, we'll see. However, thanks for your accolade! :toast:

I have the idea that its the same with the 5850 and the 5870. My 5850 with 5850 bios would only run 900-1125. I know the 5870 upps the core voltage. But my memory also saw a boost. After the 5870 bios i could do 950-1225. So there is a chance that the 5850 bios also uses the lower memory voltage like the 5970 at default.

This might make it more easy to find out. I understand your problem that without a 5850 you cant realy test it. I hope you get enough donations to buy one :)

BAGZZ: If you manage to find out where the memory voltage tables are (maybe see if ATi Tray Tools can as it lets me change the Memory I/O voltage on my 1950, but neither the GPU or Memory voltages take effect if I hit apply even though they both are there, only the Mem I/O lets me), you should make a "one stop shop" app for ATi video cards :) Pick up where Wizz left off with ATiTools, and have RBE let people do real time voltages for GPU/Memory + memory timings, overclocking, stress testing and sensor readouts, along with everything it currently offers. With modding a BIOS in general being a dangerous task, there really isn't much warning you'd have to add for the voltages and timings :) For me, even though I am still rocking my x1950, I have to use RaBiT, ATi Tray Tools and (while not a necessity) GPUTool to do all I want. RaBiT for real time GPU volting and mem timings, ATT for memory voltage and it's my primary app for overclocking and I prefer to use GPUTool for it's stress testing since it's FPS holds a constant where ATT jumps around 100+ fps and I don't know if what I changed actually had any impact :\

I know it's asking quite a bit, but might be a good goal to work towards ^_^

Its not that easy. With the X1800, X1900 and X1950 its different. From day one there where tools that could change: GPu, Mem and Mem I/O voltage. I dont know why but i think AMD wanted to do something special for the OC people. But this might be something that w1zzard knows. Because ATi Tool had support for those things.

So because your 1950 can it does not mean the others can aswell. They might because on the HD4 and HD5 there is a digital PWM for the memory. In that case you get the problem where BAGZZlash was talking about. Try to find out how the bios controlls it.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
IIts not that easy. With the X1800, X1900 and X1950 its different. From day one there where tools that could change: GPu, Mem and Mem I/O voltage. I dont know why but i think AMD wanted to do something special for the OC people. But this might be something that w1zzard knows. Because ATi Tool had support for those things.

So because your 1950 can it does not mean the others can aswell. They might because on the HD4 and HD5 there is a digital PWM for the memory. In that case you get the problem where BAGZZlash was talking about. Try to find out how the bios controlls it.

Ahh ok. Perhaps Bagzz could requizition the code for the module from the RivaTuner guy/s. They are working with MSI I believe, to make their software overclocking app, but because it uses the same PWM as quite a lot of the other HD5 (and I believe it supports some HD4 cards as well), it works on other brands.

I'd just love to finally see a one-stop-shop for a tuning app :( I've always been stuck with having to utilize a multitude of different programs and never been able to voice that frustration :p So while RBE doesn't currently work for anything I own, I do plan to have something it can tune, and was hoping to maybe eliminate 3 or 4 programs lol To effectively tune my aging 939, I use nV's nTune so I can adjust the HT multiplier and FSB speed, SysTool to change the CPU mult and a combination of SysTool and MemSet for the memory timings with Gigabyte's EasyTune for CPU voltage :p I usually use A64Tweaker but just haven't DLed it yet, but still I can't change the voltage with it or I think the HT multiplier -_-

Anywho [/rant] :pimp:

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Ahh ok. Perhaps Bagzz could requizition the code for the module from the RivaTuner guy/s. They are working with MSI I believe, to make their software overclocking app, but because it uses the same PWM as quite a lot of the other HD5 (and I believe it supports some HD4 cards as well), it works on other brands.
Its already under development since a guy give him some usefull information :roll:

One note: Code can only be modified, not be added. So inserting a new module in the bios isn't possible.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Its already under development since a guy give him some usefull information :roll:

One note: Code can only be modified, not be added. So inserting a new module in the bios isn't possible.

Well I didn't exactly mean add a module into a BIOS, but rather to add the info into RBE to allow the ability to soft-volt mod cards that have the PWM's which support that. Since there are some folks who've made apps that do that, that is what I meant by talking to those people to find out how they accomplished it. That would then eliminate Bagzz from having to do a lot of digging in a BIOS and/or reading tech doc's.

Glad to hear it is an 'in the works' feature though! Thanks :toast:
:cool:

sparksltd

Change fan speed on 5870 with RBE 1.23 but doesnt work?

Iv changed the fan speed on my Sapphire 5870 to run faster but nothing has changed. :confused:
:(

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Well I didn't exactly mean add a module into a BIOS, but rather to add the info into RBE to allow the ability to soft-volt mod cards that have the PWM's which support that. Since there are some folks who've made apps that do that, that is what I meant by talking to those people to find out how they accomplished it. That would then eliminate Bagzz from having to do a lot of digging in a BIOS and/or reading tech doc's.

Glad to hear it is an 'in the works' feature though! Thanks :toast:
:cool:

I explained here that developing a BIOS editor is quite different from developing an on-the-fly video card control program like RivaTuner or ATT. Those guys do a terrific job and I don't intent to even try to copy those fine programs. RBE is a BIOS editor and it will stay a BIOS editor. Nothing of what you suggest is "in the works". Sorry If you got that wrongly.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I explained here that developing a BIOS editor is quite different from developing an on-the-fly video card control program like RivaTuner or ATT. Those guys do a terrific job and I don't intent to even try to copy those fine programs. RBE is a BIOS editor and it will stay a BIOS editor. Nothing of what you suggest is "in the works". Sorry If you got that wrongly.

No problem :)

So not to be any more of a pest; are BIOS adjustable options for memory voltage, or at the very least timings, a planned addition? Those are the big two I'd like to see in just a BIOS editor. I know you mentioned it being hard since you don't have the cards to actually test it with, but I wonder is Wizz could put you one as a reviewer so you COULD have access to them, at least for a little while :) Maybe even the companies would be willing to send out a card for a few weeks to use for development ;)

And sorry for this ignorance, but since the newest ATi card I own is my x1950, is that "Auto-adjust" memory timing feature still present in the newer cards? I saw that Wizz had put in an option in ATiTool to turn that off. Reason I ask, is when I was originally tuning it's BIOS, I thought I was getting away with timings that I wasn't, and when I tried to set the timings in real time to what the BIOS is (as I thought years ago) tuned for, it was no where near stable lol So long ramble short, if it is in there, and can be shut off in the BIOS, maybe have that ability? While it did allow me to get from 690mhz all the way to 850mhz, it had left out a significant amount of performance due to quite loose timings.

K I'll let you be until I actually have a card that is supported by RBE :S Thanks for putting up with me :slap: :laugh:

sysakPL

Hey mate! RBE doesn't seem to support HD4570 in my sony vaio laptop. It's like it doesn't seem to be recognised as ATI card at all. Could you please try adding support for this model? I suppose Vendor ID is important, so there is a printscreen of GPU-Z http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6744/49999658.jpg
If you can't do this please let me know anyways.
Cheers and have a great day!:toast:

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Hey mate! RBE doesn't seem to support HD4570 in my sony vaio laptop. It's like it doesn't seem to be recognised as ATI card at all. Could you please try adding support for this model? I suppose Vendor ID is important, so there is a printscreen of GPU-Z http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6744/49999658.jpg
If you can't do this please let me know anyways.
Cheers and have a great day!:toast:

Hi!

Please send me the BIOS.
And btw: Let's communicate in the thread from now on, not by PM. Okay? :toast:

Kind regards
BAGZZlash​

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
sysakPL said:
That's the problem. I can't even acquire it from the computer. Tried winflash (program doesn't start up probably because im using win 7 x64, but newest release should have that sorted, but it still doesn't work in exactly same way.) I also tried atiflash and it can't acquire it neither, but i didn't try forcing it or anything. What do you think is wrong?

On notebooks it's usually hard. Even if you could rip the BIOS off the card there's no known way to flash a new (or modified) BIOS up there. Try looking around for ATI notebook flashing, I don't have any experience with that.

sysakPL

ok. understood. I don't know whether there is any difference and if there is I have no clue where. But If you think there might be a way that could possibly help this problem, please give it a try. I know people are flashing Acers with the same chipset and gpu, so I thought it shouldn't be an awful lot harder on a sony.

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
ATIFlash doesn't work either? Btw, you can't force ATIFlash to do anything about BIOS extraction.
My best guess would be installing a 32 bit windows. Try WinFlash then. If it still doesn't work then, you will almost certain at least be able to extract your BIOS on a 32 bit windows using this. Still, you have no method to flash a BIOS, then.
What kind of boot device do you use to apply ATIFlash?

mkchiu

uP6204 support

The Diamond 570PE51GT with the Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro seems effectively identical to the Power Color 5770 PCS+ with uP6204 reviewed by Tech Power Up, and does not appear to accept changes to the voltages via the BIOS (via direct entry of voltage values listed in the uP6204 datasheet). I assume all such cards with the AC aftermarket cooling use the uP6204 and have Vendor IDs of 1787h--that's what looking through the TPU VGA BIOS database seemed to indicate.

The MSI HAWK appears to use the uP6204 too, but a custom PCB layout, so I'm unsure how much use (any current work relating to) the HAWK would be for the Accelero L2 Pro cards with the uP6204.

Some of what I'm using:

RBE 1.25
ATIflash 3.79

The stock BIOSes on those cards appear to be 1.2000V, resulting in around 1.156V regards of the value inputted in RBE. I do need to confirm the voltages I'm measuring are actually the Vgpu. I wasn't planning on voltage measurements on this card, so I was leaning over and around things to get the 1.156V.

ED: Since HAWK w/ uP6204 works with RBE, I will assume the other cards are "broken". So no need for uP6204 in RBE.

Last edited:
Well ive not read all through the Thread, but what i wanna ask is if there is any Possibility to make RBE work with the Fancontrollers the 5770 was using. Its currently not possible to change any Fantable cause its simply a dummy which is displayed (change the values does not affect anything)

What would u need to implement this into RBE? Ive an Powercolor 5770 1Gb V3 here and an Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X 1Gb

best regards

Martin

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
What would u need to implement this into RBE? Ive an Powercolor 5770 1Gb V3 here and an Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X 1Gb

Thanks, send me both... :nutkick:
Seriously: I need a 5xx0 card for research. W1zzard is sending me a 5830. When it arrives I'll get to know it inside and out and hope to find something.

Well, i really would send u a card - but i think it would be a bit expansive cause i was livin in Germany ^^

Ive finally 4 Cards here... 2x Sapphire and 2x Powercolor... :slap: is there any way i could help ya?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Well, i really would send u a card - but i think it would be a bit expansive cause i was livin in Germany ^^

Ive finally 4 Cards here... 2x Sapphire and 2x Powercolor... :slap: is there any way i could help ya?

I'm living in Germany as well, in Cologne, to be precise. And you? :cool:

/edit: Oh, I see: Near Leipzig.

Hmmm, than it should be easy... i was sellin the two Powercolors currently in HWluxx, but if my friend was able to wait a few more Days i might be able to send ya one of my Sapphire 5770s (almost they should all have same Fanmanagment implemented in Vbios i think)

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
No man, I wasn't serious. Anyway: A card for a few days wouldn't help me. The 5830 W1zzard is sending me (hopefully) has the same fan control issue. I'm diggin' into it as soon as I can. But great thanks for the generous offer! :toast:

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
There any way to modify the IGP BIOSes, for say the 890GX? I tried RaBiT and RBE, with no luck from either. RaBiT did offer SOME info in the Log area, but nothing of any use that I could see.

Here is what I believe to be the BIN for it. _D is from VGA location in the motherboard BIOS, which _H is from the OEM location. They seem to be the same file though, but figured I'd include both just in case :p

Attachments

• RS880D.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 399

theorw

Processor C2D 8400@ 4,05GHz(currently)1,36v
Motherboard DFI LP x48 DK T2RS
Cooling XIGMATEK 1283 w/ bolt-thru kit/SCYTHE Mushashi x2
Memory Crucial BALLISTIX 6400 @900MHz 2,00v
Video Card(s) HD 5770 1040/1400 unlocked/musashi
Storage SG 120GB+WD 160GB
Display(s) 24" FLATRON W2442PA Full HD
Case COOLERMASTER HAF 932
Power Supply Thermaltake PUREPOWER RX 600
Software Vista ultimate SP1
Benchmark Scores VANTAGE:11700 3DMARKO06:18600 FURMARK:9K
The Diamond 570PE51GT with the Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro seems effectively identical to the Power Color 5770 PCS+ with uP6204 reviewed by Tech Power Up, and does not appear to accept changes to the voltages via the BIOS (via direct entry of voltage values listed in the uP6204 datasheet). I assume all such cards with the AC aftermarket cooling use the uP6204 and have Vendor IDs of 1787h--that's what looking through the TPU VGA BIOS database seemed to indicate.

The MSI HAWK appears to use the uP6204 too, but a custom PCB layout, so I'm unsure how much use (any current work relating to) the HAWK would be for the Accelero L2 Pro cards with the uP6204.

Some of what I'm using:

RBE 1.25
ATIflash 3.79

The stock BIOSes on those cards appear to be 1.2000V, resulting in around 1.156V regards of the value inputted in RBE. I do need to confirm the voltages I'm measuring are actually the Vgpu. I wasn't planning on voltage measurements on this card, so I was leaning over and around things to get the 1.156V.

Regarding all these mentioned here, i have and IDENTICAL to the 5770PCS+ vga,connect3d, that has the 6204 too same cooler...It gives 1,99-2,03 volts under load.I tried voltage edit via BIOS but no results.I also tried flashing HAWK bios but i got blank screen and i had to reflash to get it working again...
So the thing is,when are we going to have I2C support?
Currently i ve hardmodded the card and run 1000core.
If anyone need feedback i ll gladly offer!

mkchiu

Regarding all these mentioned here, i have and IDENTICAL to the 5770PCS+ vga,connect3d, that has the 6204 too same cooler...It gives 1,99-2,03 volts under load.I tried voltage edit via BIOS but no results.I also tried flashing HAWK bios but i got blank screen and i had to reflash to get it working again...
So the thing is,when are we going to have I2C support?
Currently i ve hardmodded the card and run 1000core.
If anyone need feedback i ll gladly offer!

Where on the board are you measuring the 1.99 to 2.03V? Is that after your hardmod--and I'm assuming you're changing boot-up resistor dividers?

Assuming all the 5770s like 5770 PCS+ [BIOS Vendor ID = 0x1787 - (HIS, Club3D, Jetway, Powercolor, Triplex and others] are from the same design, then all such boards likely have a schematic (design) problem or video BIOS problem. If you're going to the trouble of rework resistors (my assumption) it should be straightforward to verify the serial bus is actually seeing (control) bits at all.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Ability to modify the 2D clocks in the "CCC Profile Editor". Unless the edits I made to the XML are correct and CCC just refuses to implement my requested clocks :( In which case that being added to RBE would be of no help (at least to me).