• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need the original BIOS file for an EAH3450/DI/256M/A

matte3560

I was using this card as a secondary display output for my third monitor up until a few days ago. I was overclocking my XFX branded 5870, and I realized that it was capped at 900/1300 clocks. After looking around on Google I discovered that I could bypass that limit by using an ASUS BIOS.

I went off to flash the card, and in the process, I forgot all about my 3450. When I rebooted after flashing I could only get one display at 800x600 to work, and I assumed it was because of the 3450 having been flashed as well. I'm not sure if it was actually flashed not that I come to think of it, and I think I may have screwed up royally.

Anyway, I went out on goolge looking for a new BIOS file for it, and after several bad ones (non matching) I still haven't found one that works. Now that I come to think of it though, the card probably hadn't been flashed. The display issue was occuring because windows needed to identify my 5870 again after the BIOS update.

That wasn't my thought at the time though, so I went on to flash the 3450 without even backing up the BIOS that was on it (I thought it was the 5870 BIOS). For that reason, I need the original one that it comes with. I'm open for trying other ones as well, but I haven't had much luck because this isn't a reference card (It's got no fan, and it has an HDMI port unlike most of the other 3450s).

I tried contacting ASUS support, but so far they've only stated the obvious: they don't have the correct BIOS on their website.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
System Name el'lappy|Cruncher | Cruncher 2
Processor intel C2D T6400 | i7 3770k @4.2ghz | AII X2 220 @3.4ghz
Motherboard some Acer | Asus P8Z77-V Pro |Gigabyter GA-M61p-S3
Cooling dual 80mm cooling fan | WC'ing ) |cheapo
Memory 2x2gb ddr3 | 2x2gb Ripjaws 1600 |4x512mb D9s
Video Card(s) onboard | 60 1GB(hd7770 ) |8800GTS
Storage Momuntus xt 320gb |Kingston Hyper X 120gb SATA III|500gb WD
Display(s) 17in | 42" 1080P HD 3D TV
Case lappy case | CM HAF XB |none yet
Audio Device(s) onboard | onboard | onboard
Power Supply Dell brick w/ acer end end | Antec EW 650w |Antec SP 350w(upg.soon)
Software Windows 7 Ult. 64bit---->------->
sometimes you have to reinstall drivers after flashing the GPU bios. Try to reinstall drivers first. If you flashed the card you wouldn't get any boot if there was a problem.

matte3560

sometimes you have to reinstall drivers after flashing the GPU bios. Try to reinstall drivers first. If you flashed the card you wouldn't get any boot if there was a problem.

I did think about that, but the card worked just fine when I popped it in the first time. That's why I haven't tried that yet. I'll go do it now I guess.

matte3560

I did that, and it still doesn't work with my best BIOS candidate (Sapphire BIOS for a 256MB PCI-E version of the card). It does appear on the graphics hardware tab in the information center, but it's disabled so I can't use it. GPU-Z detects it correctly as well, and can monitor it's temp sensors and so on.

p_o_s_pc

F@H&WCG addict
System Name el'lappy|Cruncher | Cruncher 2
Processor intel C2D T6400 | i7 3770k @4.2ghz | AII X2 220 @3.4ghz
Motherboard some Acer | Asus P8Z77-V Pro |Gigabyter GA-M61p-S3
Cooling dual 80mm cooling fan | WC'ing ) |cheapo
Memory 2x2gb ddr3 | 2x2gb Ripjaws 1600 |4x512mb D9s
Video Card(s) onboard | 60 1GB(hd7770 ) |8800GTS
Storage Momuntus xt 320gb |Kingston Hyper X 120gb SATA III|500gb WD
Display(s) 17in | 42" 1080P HD 3D TV
Case lappy case | CM HAF XB |none yet
Audio Device(s) onboard | onboard | onboard
Power Supply Dell brick w/ acer end end | Antec EW 650w |Antec SP 350w(upg.soon)
Software Windows 7 Ult. 64bit---->------->
can you enable it in device manager?

matte3560

Device manager says it's enabled and working properly, which obviously isn't the case.

matte3560

Unfortunately, that's a BIOS for the AGP version I think (Device ID 95C6, should be 95C5).

matte3560

I've also discovered the Sapphire BIOS is only 62 KB, it should be 64. I'm thinking that's why it won't work...

EDIT: I played around with the different BIOSes for a bit now, and it appears the Sapphire one does work partially. The VGA port works fine, but it has some interference (design flaw, not BIOS issue). I'm hoping to get the DVI port to work, but I'll have to play around with the other BIOSes some more.

EDIT2: Attached the Sapphire BIOS for others with the same problem to download.

Attachments

• RV620 (Sapphire).zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:

matte3560

Thanks a bunch gooner45! I'll try this one as soon as I get home tomorrow.

matte3560

I've used the card in my server for a long time, and it's been hooked up to a CRT using a VGA cable. Today I discovered that the DVI port still doesn't work though. I've tried two different monitors with no success. They don't even show up in the display manager. What's strange is that the "no cable" notification on the monitor goes away.

HDMI does appear to be working ok. It's a bit bothersome compared to the HDMI port on my 5870, because you have to reconnect the monitor after turning it on to be able to get sound from it. I recall it always having been this way though, so I'm not really worried about that.

Anyway, I'm guessing I have problems with the DVI port because i have the /A at the end of the name, which I notice you don't have (or at least haven't included). There might be some minor difference between the cards that causes my DVI port not to work.

If anyone has any suggestions as far as making the DVI port work without having to get the proper BIOS, that would be awesome. If you have this exact model, do please share the BIOS with me though.