• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
[rant]

I wonder why exactly people think that ATi has the better HDMI. I see this said a lot, and it is just not true. It is always said that because ATi has a built in audio device, it makes setting up HDMI on their cards easier, but the fact of the matter is it is not easier.

What finally got me to realize this is that my main rig is connected to a 1080p HDTV. I rarely use this connection except for playing the occassional movie file that my PS3 can't handle via TVersity. Ever since I got the HDTV I've had nVidia cards in my main rig, 8800GTS/9800GTX/9600GT/GTX260/GTX285, so I've always used them to output via HDMI. It wasn't until I bought the HD4890 that I used an ATi card connected to my HDTV, and it wasn't until today that I realized what a pain in the ass setting up the "easier" ATi card's HDMI was.

First lets look at getting the image on the TV:

With nVidia:
  • Open nVidia control panel.
  • Set the HDTV as output device.

With ATi:
  • Open CCC.
  • Set the HDTV as the output device.
    But wait...the image has huge black boarders around it, despite having the proper resolution. Where is that stupid option that I only happen to know about because I've seen the issue here before...
  • Hunt through CCC and finally find the under/overscan option under Scaling Options.
  • Set it to 0%.

Why the hell was it not set to 0% by default? If that isn't the stupidest thing...

Now, lets get the sound working:

With nVidia:
  • Connect SPD/IF cable from sound card to graphics card.
  • Select SPD/IF as defaut sound output device.

With ATi:
  • Install another driver for the sound card on the graphics card.
  • Select Digital Audo(HDMI) as the default sound output device.
    Wait...I'm still not getting sound...Well there is nother playback device called ATi DP Output, but it says it is disconnected...hmmm...
  • Swap out HDMI adaptor.
  • Swap out HDMI adaptor again.
    Hey...that ATi DP Output says it is connected now...
  • Select ATi DP Output as the default sound output device.

Sorry, but I just don't see it being a better method.

Besides the need for an extra driver, which annoys me enough already, the fact that it is labelled totally wrong in the playback devices control panel AND the fact that I appearently need a special HDMI adaptor direct from ATi to use it, really out weighs the nice factor of having a built in sound card. I really hope I never loose that little adaptor, and I would have been really screwed if I had threw it in the box I keep with all the other adaptors instead of keeping it in the box the card came in, which is actually rare for me.

Then add to that the video display issue, and needing to hunt through CCC to find the option, which is hidden pretty damn well, and I just can't say that ATi has the better/easier HDMI setup.

Saddly, it seems nVidia has gone the same way ATi has with a built in audio device directly on the card. That kind of sucks, because I'd rather use the real sound card in my computer, I'd especially be pissed if I had actually paid for an add-on sound card only to be force to use what is essentially no better than the onboard card.

Now, I'm sure someone out there is thinking "well hey, why is using a special HDMI adaptor worse than using a special cable". Well I'll tell you, it is because I can go out and buy the cable and know before I even buy it that it will work. However, I can't buy an HDMI adaptor and know before I buy it that it will give me sound with my ATi card, unless it is stated somewhere on the packaging or on the site I'm buying it from.

[/rant]

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying nVidia's solution was better overall, especially for the normal consumer. The nVidia method has its faults also. Connecting the SPD/IF connector for a normal consumer, or even someone with some computer knowledge, can be tricky. Especially with most manufacturers including little or no documentation on it, it kind of leaves you guessing about where and how to connect it. There are also motherboards and sound cards that do not have an SPD/IF header, cheaper motherboards especially.

Last edited:
System Name AMD Black Dragon
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition
Motherboard Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 Platinum (2x2GB)
Video Card(s) ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB GDDR5 w AC Twin Turbo
Storage Crucial C300 64GB SSD, 500GB and 2TB Drives
Display(s) Samsung 2494hm, Dell (Samsung?) 1907FP
Case Lancool (Lian-Li on a budget) K7
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC889A, M-Audio Fast Tracks
Power Supply OCZ Mod-X-Stream Pro 600W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium x64, XP Pro
NVidia cards since the GT200 series now have built in audio as well. So drivers are needed for that too. Either way I'd take that over needing to install the spdif cable to the video card. I've seen some motherboards that didn't have spdif header from onboard sound so you'd be screwed there.

D

Deleted member 67555

I don't have that issue with the Black borders and I didn't have to do anything for the Audio to come through the HDMI either...My TV asks whenever something new is hooked up through the HDMI to do an Intial setup; I just hit recommended and it's fine..

possibly hit Cinema zoom or something on your TV..quite a few TV's have a max setting of 1680x1050 for Pc's ATI has an HDTV setting at 1920x1080 that makes that easier..

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
NVidia cards since the GT200 series now have built in audio as well. So drivers are needed for that too. Either way I'd take that over needing to install the spdif cable to the video card. I've seen some motherboards that didn't have spdif header from onboard sound so you'd be screwed there.

Yeah, you caught me while I was editting. It really is preference, to me an extra driver is just another driver that can screw up, and the less then intuitive naming scheme that ATi uses doesn't help matters.

I don't have that issue with the Black borders and I didn't have to do anything for the Audio to come through the HDMI either...My TV asks whenever something new is hooked up through the HDMI to do an Intial setup; I just hit recommended and it's fine..

possibly hit Cinema zoom or something on your TV..quite a few TV's have a max setting of 1680x1050 for Pc's ATI has an HDTV setting at 1920x1080 that makes that easier..

The TV isn't the issue, it is the ATi card and the drivers. The black borders are a common thing on ATi cards, we see topics about them quite often here, which is the only reason I knew about it.

And the audio was entirely due to the improper naming of the audio devices, and the requirement of a special HDMI adaptor. You probably never had a sound issue because you used the HDMI adaptor that came with the card.

The nVidia card automatically set the resolution to 1920x1080, just as the ATi card did, and the TV does support this resolution via HDMI. The problem was entirely due to ATi's drivers defaulting to underscan. The zoom feature on my TV zoomed in too far, cutting off half of the taskbar, worse then the black bars.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
well been thinking going NV my self as i'm sick of HDMI and bad scaling in DX10. Although it depends on game to game were some if you turn AA on you get fullscreen and off you get the incurrect scaling but some times it's the other way around too lol. And some just will not scale right.

which is another reason i am waiting till next year see what that brings. Other wise would love have another ATI card.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
And the audio was entirely due to the improper naming of the audio devices, and the requirement of a special HDMI adaptor. You probably never had a sound issue because you used the HDMI adaptor that came with the card.

Wait..they give you the stuff, you don't use it, and complain?:wtf:

:laugh:

My tv, and my HDMI monitors I have never had any issues with, audio, or otherwise. it truly is EDID problems.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 67555

I think your more comfortable with Nvidia
I'm so used to doing things ATI's way whenever I get an Nvidia card I get frustrated
I may have had some Issues with ATI but I'm so used to dealing with em nothing is really that bad for me Except some really crappy drivers of late

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600

They are all the steps required to get it to work. You HAVE to change the sound device. However, this might be accomplished automatically if the HDMI port is the only device connected(no speakers). Though, this isn't really the issue, as you have to do it with nVidia cards also, it is more of a Windows problem thanks to them not allowing sound over multiple outputs. The issues with sound are requiring special HDMI adaptors and the poor naming of the outputs. The one labelled HDMI should actually be the HDMI, not the other one labelled ATi DP Output, whatever the hell that means.

The understand/overscan issue is widely known as a problem with ATi's drivers, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't, it never happens with nVidia though. If it doesn't make sense to you, someone that I consider to have quite a bit of knowledge of hardware and PCs, then I feel sorry for a normal consumer.

Also, I'm far from the only person with this problem: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=121134

And yes, it is an annoying issue with games, that with some games having no solution at all, apparently you just have to live with the black bars. Though I don't have this problem personally since I don't game on my HDTV.

Wait..they give you the stuff, you don't use it, and complain?:wtf:

:laugh:

My tv, and my HDMI monitors I have never had any issues with, audio, or otherwise. it truly is EDID problems.

Yes, because:

1.) I can't use one of the several other adaptors that I have laying around. Instead I have to hunt for that one specific adaptor, if I can even find it(luckily I did).
2.) If I couldn't find it, it would be a pain to find one to buy.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I pulled out my DVI to HDMI cable just to see what happens...yep, no sound...It works with nVidia cards though...

Last edited:
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
I plugged mine into my TV the day before last. It detected my TV and set the sound to go through HDMI automagically.

I did have to set it to underscan for the correct display though. No biggie.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I use my card to run hardware accelerated video onto my 46" Toshiba, no issues, I can run WMC with netflix just fine, no issues with black borders. I did set the overscan manually as the TV does a poor job of scaling, so I have a minute black border.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Th

Yes, because:

1.) I can't use one of the several other adaptors that I have laying around. Instead I have to hunt for that one specific adaptor, if I can even find it(luckily I did).
2.) If I couldn't find it, it would be a pain to find one to buy.

Edit: Just for the hell of it, I pulled out my DVI to HDMI cable just to see what happens...yep, no sound...It works with nVidia cards though...

Well, the 5-series cards fix that, with onboard HDMI. But I hear ya on needing the right adapter...HD2xxx, HD3XXX, HD4xxx, all different ones. But you don't need one any more, and I have all 3 sitting right here next to my monitor.

Also. not all panels support HDCP at all resolutions, and this is an issue as well, and leads to some users getting black borders. My 3008EFP won't do 2560x1600 over HDMI with 5-series, due to a lack of HDCP @ that res. Only issue I have, and it has NOTHING to do with the cards.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Well, the 5-series cards fix that, with onboard HDMI. But I hear ya on needing the right adapter...HD2xxx, HD3XXX, HD4xxx, all different ones. But you don't need one any more, and I have all 3 sitting right here next to my monitor.

Also. not all panels support HDCP at all resolutions, and this is an issue as well, and leads to some users getting black borders. My 3008EFP won't do 2560x1600 over HDMI with 5-series, due to a lack of HDCP @ that res. Only issue I have, and it has NOTHING to do with the cards.

The onboard HDMI is definitely a great solution to needing the adaptor, and having mini-HDMI on the GTX400 series is completely stupid, because you still need a damn adaptor.:shadedshu

Though I believe there have been both nVidia and ATi cards previously with HDMI onboard, so the HD5000 series having it is not new, but it is new to have it as a standard on the card.

And HDCP is not the issue here either, the TV definitely supports HDCP at every resolution.

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit
What is said is that ATI has better HDMI sound features.

While ATI has had an integrated Realtek codec inside their chips since R600, nVidia resorts to external codecs to provide sound into the HDMI output.

Until their DX10.1, nVidia resorted to internal SPDIF connectors.

Now, SPDIF is old, ancient, wrinkled, etc.
It was meant for high-quality stereo back in the 80s, but dolby adapted it to carry AC-3 in the early 90s, which is a lossy and highly compressed format.

Since the RV7xx, ATI's integrated codecs can do 8 discrete uncompressed 24bit 96KHz channels.
Just connect an ATI card to a 7.1 HDMI receiver and it will do studio-quality 7.1 channels in movies, games, music, anything.
For the Evergreen family, ATI paid the royalties to Dolby and DTS to pass-through their new high-def formats. This means that you can connect the HTPC to the receiver and have the high-def sound decoded directly in the receiver, which will supposedly result in better compatibility and less audio delay, while playing a blu-ray.

Up till last year, nVidia cards were restricted to SPDIF. This means that with a normal sound codec, a nVidia card could only do pre-cooked 5.1 (like DVD content) or 2 channel sound, wich is too limiting for home cinemas.
With a Dolby Digital or DTS encoding sound codec, the SPDIF could do 6 compressed 16bit 48KHz channels, which is 10 years late compared to ATI's offerings.

nVidia's "new" DX10.1 cards don't use the SPDIF connection anymore. Instead, they pass the entire audio stream through the PCI-Express connection. They still need the presence of an audio codec somewhere, be it in an actual soundcard or a motherboard codec, but it's a lot better than the rushed-in-and-clearly-poor SPDIF solution.
But it's a pain in the ass. The nVidia driver must recognize the sound codec and it must be properly configured, which may or may not happen..

But for HTPCs connected to a decent receiver and a multi-speaker setup, ATI's aproach is by far the best.
Just connect the card to the receiver through HDMI, disable the motherboard's audio codec and windows will only recognize a single HDMI-driven 7.1 sound device. "It just works".

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
HDMI for a computer I just built using the integrated HD 2100 Xpress graphics were pretty much plug in play (after installing the chipset driver).

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
"It just works".

Clearly it doesn't.:roll:

Disabling the real sound card, be it the onboard or add-in variaty, every time I want to use my TV with my PC to make it "just work" seems more convoluted then just selecting the proper output device...

It might be a good solution for someone that always uses the TV, but for a PC that is only occasionally connected to the TV it certainly isn't.

Last edited:
System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
How do you get to that over/underscan option? And I've also had some strange problems w/ my ati HDMI audio too. It would randomly switch my speakers around so my back was in front and front went to the side and subwoofer disappeared lol

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
How do you get to that over/underscan option? And I've also had some strange problems w/ my ati HDMI audio too. It would randomly switch my speakers around so my back was in front and front went to the side and subwoofer disappeared lol

If you believe some people here, you don't have to..."It just works.":roll:

If you live in the real world, and obviously you do, you got to Catalyst Control Center, switch to Advanced if you haven't already, then go to Displays, right click on your HDTV and go to properties, the under/overscan option will be under the Scaling tab.(Yeah, it is real easy to find.:rolleyes:)

System Name Vegnagun
Processor Ryzen 5950x
Motherboard Asus B550 Gaming-E
Cooling Noctua NH-U14
Memory 4x8 G. Skill 3800mhz CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
Storage WD SN850 2tb
Display(s) Viotek 1080p 120hz
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech 815 tactile
Software Windows 10 Education
Benchmark Scores top 1% in the world for weekly score in Killzone 2 :)
it appears that it does not appreciate scaling on my tv as the option isn't there. But I'm also running a resolution that my TV is not native too (it just looks and performs the best out of them, if I push it up to 1080i the text gets insanely misaligned)

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro
Cooling AiO 240mm
Memory 2x 32GB Kingston Fury Beast 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) Radeon RX 6900XT Reference (amd.com)
Storage O.S.: 256GB SATA | 2x 1TB SanDisk SSD SATA Data | Games: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo
Display(s) LG 34" UWQHD
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeMusic + Gigaworks SB750 7.1 THX
Power Supply XFX 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
VR HMD Lenovo Explorer
Software Windows 10 64bit
It might be a good solution for someone that always uses the TV, but for a PC that is only occasionally connected to the TV it certainly isn't.

Then just go to the sound control panel and change the output. It's simple.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
If you believe some people here, you don't have to..."It just works.":roll:

If you live in the real world, and obviously you do, you got to Catalyst Control Center, switch to Advanced if you haven't already, then go to Displays, right click on your HDTV and go to properties, the under/overscan option will be under the Scaling tab.(Yeah, it is real easy to find.:rolleyes:)

It does "just work" for some people. You are now just making assumptions. I know it doesn't change the fact that you have a hard time with it, but I and others do not. It's truth. Accept it. :toast:

System Name Flow
Processor AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Motherboard MSI 790fx GD70
Cooling Water
Memory 8gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer Blue ddr3 1600 c8
Video Card(s) 2 x XFX 6850 - Yet to go under water.
Storage Corsair s128
Display(s) HP 24" 1920x1200
Case Custom Lian-Li V2110b
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
Power Supply Corsair 850HX
My HDMI (audio and video) has been working since I plugged in the cable for the first time using the provided HDMI adapter from xfx. Yes you have to set ATI DP output as the default device, but for me that is really not all that difficult and considering that I only turn it on when Im going to watch a movie I really dont find it annoying.

I find it much nicer that when I want to watch a movie on my tv with my headphones on (as to not disturb the other people living in my house) that I can disable the TV audio from the computer. (don't have a remote for my current television)

The problem at the outset of this thread is you are lumping your personal non-universal problems with setting up ATI HDMI into the same boat as the one functionality issue that could be a bit more intuitive and accessible.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Then just go to the sound control panel and change the output. It's simple.

Again, that is actually not what I'm complaining about, I don't know why everyone seems to think it is. I've mentioned serveral times that switching the sound ouput to another device through the Playback Device manager is not an issue here, as you have to do it with nVidia also, and the problem is more related to Windows then the graphics cards or their drivers.

I do have a problem with ATi's naming of those devices in the Playback devices, as what is labelled as HDMI is not actually what you select.

Status
Not open for further replies.