• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Unveils ATI Catalyst 10.6 WHQL Software Suite

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
The idle clock thing is better for Crossfire multi-mon...10.5, secondary card would get same idle clocks, 10.6, secondary gpu will go down to 157/300, while the main card sits @ 400/12xx.

However, it doesn't fix any issues they claim it does. I'd rather have my lower idle clocks back.

Big testing this weekend...gonna have to install fresh OS and start everything new again...:rolleyes:

I just went back to 10.4 and the corrupted text in the ATI registration window (see above) is now fixed, just letting you know in case that's of any use to you. I saw other reports of corrupted text when using 10.6.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
to those having issues with their cards, update the BIOS.

my brother was having really erratic issues (aero artifacting, some games artifacting, others fine, etc) and it all turned out to be an outdated BIOS.

If it aint broke, dont fix it... but if it IS broke, get a more updated (non modded) BIOS and see how it goes.

anonemus

System Name Perpetual Upgrade Rig
Processor Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G31M-S2C
Cooling Scythe Ninja Plus, rev. B
Memory 2x2GB Kingston KVR DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Powercolor HD4650 1GB DDR3
Storage WD Caviar Blue 320GB SATA
Display(s) Acer X233H 23" 1080p LCD
Case Thermaltake V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream-Pro 500W (soon: Antec TPN 650)
Software Windows XP Pro SP3 / Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Under XP, uninstalled 10.6, run DriveSweeper and CCCleaner, reinstalled 10.6 and now my 2D clocks at 157/300 again. Yes!!!!

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Motherboard MSI X370 Titanium
Cooling Tt Water2.0 PRO (They use the same bracket as 3.0)
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 2x8GB 3200 15-15-15-35 B-Die (@3333 ATM)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX R9 390 8GB
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Display(s) Samsung 46" UN46D6050 1080P HDTV
Case Home-made tech bench.
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX (I use HDMI though *cry*)
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Mouse Razer Copperhead (circa 2005)
Keyboard Tt Challenger Pro (AVOID! Keys wear super fast)
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Installed these today and my 2D clocks are nonexistant. Whether Overdrive is enabled or not both GPUs are at 725/1000. If I OC via Afterburner 2D clocks of both GPU's drop to 400/1000. 3D does kick back up to proper clocks, or my OCed clocks if selected.
Same with mine. From 10.5 to 10.6 and now my 2D clock in XP is 400/1000 :(

This is what I figure is the cause of that. Afterburner [AB from here on] doesn't have the ability to clock lower than 400MHz, which I assume is simply because the software isn't coded for anything lower than that. Drag the slider bar all the way to the left and I bet that 400 is the lower speed you can set. Why it doesn't clock the memory down though, that is a mystery to me. What I guess is happening is AB is overwriting the CCC 2D clocks and is not clocking the memory down, leaving us with crappy 2D clocks. Now the fix for that, is a bit of a pain in the ass, but when you are done with gaming simply hit the "reset" button. My biggest issue when AB is doing stuff, is that my 2nd 5770 won't even do 400/FullMemSpeed but 850/1200 (default) in 2D :confused: Resetting the clocks fixes that as well. If there was an option in AB to "reset clocks" for the 2D Clocks profile, I'd be set!

the others are using 5970's and I was pointing out that sence im using the beast Im not having any problems with 2d clocks...

The issue seems to stem from any program overclocking the cards. I'm sure CCC's OverDrive would be an exception, but mine is locked out and I don't know how to unlock it (knowing it's locked now, thanks to this thread, I'll go figure that out :)) I only have 2D clock problems when overclocking with ATT or AB

you've escaped the bug as well.

i think the 'feature' is present only when you OC, or run dual monitors. Its a bug when it happens to crossfire users.

I'm confused then haha I have Crossfire, but it only happens when I OC. So is that considered a CF bug, or the 'feature'?

I'm not able to find a new BIOS for my ASUS CUcore 5770. I've never been partial to ASUS products (not saying they make crappy stuff, just things like the mobo BIOS I don't like), so I obviously never had a reason to go to their site. With that being said, is there a special area where I should be looking? I went to the product's page and the download section, but it's just drivers and the crappy Smart Doctor tool... :(

-------------------

I've been having more game instability than usual with 10.6, so I've rolled back. I must confess though, I don't do a fresh install of the drivers every upgrade. :slap: So I'll now go apply erocker's tutorial to my system and give that a go :) Cross your fingers!!!!!!

-------------------

Since we're somewhat on the subject of overclocking by non-CCC methods, does anyone know of a way to get the ASUS iTracker 2 software to work on NON-RoG cards? It is a sweet looking program, and appears to offer everything I've been wanting from a graphics card tuning program, but alas I don't own a RoG card and it won't run because of that :ohwell: Wouldn't be so bad if Smart Doctor wasn't absolute JUNK! I mean it tells me something when the program hasn't been updated since 2002, and only the files have been in order to get it to support current cards. Whats worse, it doesn't even work out of the box! I don't know if you are required to run the damn ASUS drivers or what, but the only way I was able to get it to work was by an "intentional accident" when I thought I'd try copying most of the files from iTracker 2 into the Smart Doctor folder. I kept any Smart Doctor files that were newer than iT's with the exception of two, one I don't recall and the other was the error that I kept getting saying it couldn't find the file, EOS or EOD.DLL
If this is part too off topic, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to remove it and post it in just the ATi forum.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
This is what I figure is the cause of that. Afterburner [AB from here on] doesn't have the ability to clock lower than 400MHz, which I assume is simply because the software isn't coded for anything lower than that. Drag the slider bar all the way to the left and I bet that 400 is the lower speed you can set. Why it doesn't clock the memory down though, that is a mystery to me. What I guess is happening is AB is overwriting the CCC 2D clocks and is not clocking the memory down, leaving us with crappy 2D clocks. Now the fix for that, is a bit of a pain in the ass, but when you are done with gaming simply hit the "reset" button. My biggest issue when AB is doing stuff, is that my 2nd 5770 won't even do 400/FullMemSpeed but 850/1200 (default) in 2D :confused: Resetting the clocks fixes that as well. If there was an option in AB to "reset clocks" for the 2D Clocks profile, I'd be set!

The issue seems to stem from any program overclocking the cards. I'm sure CCC's OverDrive would be an exception, but mine is locked out and I don't know how to unlock it (knowing it's locked now, thanks to this thread, I'll go figure that out :)) I only have 2D clock problems when overclocking with ATT or AB

I'm confused then haha I have Crossfire, but it only happens when I OC. So is that considered a CF bug, or the 'feature'?

I'm not able to find a new BIOS for my ASUS CUcore 5770. I've never been partial to ASUS products (not saying they make crappy stuff, just things like the mobo BIOS I don't like), so I obviously never had a reason to go to their site. With that being said, is there a special area where I should be looking? I went to the product's page and the download section, but it's just drivers and the crappy Smart Doctor tool... :(

-------------------

I've been having more game instability than usual with 10.6, so I've rolled back. I must confess though, I don't do a fresh install of the drivers every upgrade. :slap: So I'll now go apply erocker's tutorial to my system and give that a go :) Cross your fingers!!!!!!

-------------------

Since we're somewhat on the subject of overclocking by non-CCC methods, does anyone know of a way to get the ASUS iTracker 2 software to work on NON-RoG cards? It is a sweet looking program, and appears to offer everything I've been wanting from a graphics card tuning program, but alas I don't own a RoG card and it won't run because of that :ohwell: Wouldn't be so bad if Smart Doctor wasn't absolute JUNK! I mean it tells me something when the program hasn't been updated since 2002, and only the files have been in order to get it to support current cards. Whats worse, it doesn't even work out of the box! I don't know if you are required to run the damn ASUS drivers or what, but the only way I was able to get it to work was by an "intentional accident" when I thought I'd try copying most of the files from iTracker 2 into the Smart Doctor folder. I kept any Smart Doctor files that were newer than iT's with the exception of two, one I don't recall and the other was the error that I kept getting saying it couldn't find the file, EOS or EOD.DLL
If this is part too off topic, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to remove it and post it in just the ATi forum.

I would suggest using Catalyst 10.4a. They have been by far the best drivers for my CrossFire setup. 0 issues, and I mean it. :)

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Storage Too many. Samsung 750GB, 120GB 850 EVO, Seagate 1TB, Toshiba 1TB, OCZ 32GB Cache Drive
Power Supply CWT PUC1000V-S 1000W, Abee Supremer (import) 1200W currently used as primary.
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I would suggest using Catalyst 10.4a. They have been by far the best drivers for my CrossFire setup. 0 issues, and I mean it. :)

Appreciate the info and I'll give that a go! I tried, what I suspect to be 10.3a(c?), 10.5 and 10.6 releases. I'm not sure I'm liking 10.6, but I admit I've not done a proper "cleaning" before updating. So before I pass a final verdict on it, I'll give that a try first.

BTW this might be an odd request... but I'm on Wireless Broadband and sadly am capped @ 5GB/mo. Would you be willing to send/host JUST the 10.4a driver directory? I figure since I have 10.3/.5/.6 that I would be able to get away with the CCC from one of them, and the rest of the Driver package is just bloatware IMO. We don't need to download the friggen CIM EVERY time :rolleyes: And not to rant anymore, but it also makes me wonder if the Chipset drivers actually do get updated, or if they just slap the newest Cat version on it and serve it to us :ohwell:

Anywho I'm going to give a full cleaning a try first and see if 10.6 still blows :laugh: I'll also report back with what I find, in regards to the Registry entry in the Uninstall thread.

System Name Project Neverending
Processor i9 9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus Formula XI
Cooling Corsair HX 150i Pro, Corsair ML 120/QL 120 fans
Memory 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 2080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo NVMe, 2 Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 (3440X1440), Samsung U28D590 (3840X2160)
Case Lian Li 011 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX X-Fi, Logitech 5.1 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000i
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Updates coming soon ®

my brother was having really erratic issues (aero artifacting, some games artifacting, others fine, etc) and it all turned out to be an outdated BIOS.

If it aint broke, dont fix it... but if it IS broke, get a more updated (non modded) BIOS and see how it goes.

Only BIOS for my Asus card is for a different SKU and only fixes fan speed issues.

Anyway, disabling ULPS restored my idle clock speeds. I've done that with previous releases as not doing so would cause Everest to completely lock the system. It's a known issue that Lavalys has had zero response about from AMD. With 10.6 I didn't experience any lockups, but haven't had a chance to check the Lavalys forum if there has been a fix included with these drivers. So for now at least, everything works. I quit playing BC2 a while back.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Only BIOS for my Asus card is for a different SKU and only fixes fan speed issues.

Anyway, disabling ULPS restored my idle clock speeds. I've done that with previous releases as not doing so would cause Everest to completely lock the system. It's a known issue that Lavalys has had zero response about from AMD. With 10.6 I didn't experience any lockups, but haven't had a chance to check the Lavalys forum if there has been a fix included with these drivers. So for now at least, everything works. I quit playing BC2 a while back.

I've been tinkering in the registry and some of these I'm not sure what exactly to put in for the setting. Then there are others which I don't even know what they are for :\ KD_Tiling is one of those. I've actually been thinking about starting a thread that I can pack full of all the items I can't find info on the web about...

With that being said, what is the entry name and value for the ULPS? If I could stop/lessen the amount of crashes, I'd be fine with the computer sucking down more power :\ I've actually been having problems with Sleep mode now :(

Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10 Pro
Search for EnableULPS. There's about 8 entires for it. I don't know if all of them need to be set to 0 or not, some are by default, but I change all the ones set to 1 to 0. This does disable the complete powering down of the scondary GPU in 5970 cards, and I suspect also for separate card Cossfire setups.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
love the new CCC, I didn't end up installing the drivers but the CCC update is A+. I tried to install 10.6 ended up with BSOD, eventually fixed it then it wouldn't optimize crossfire even with the Crossfire Applications installed. 10.4's I guess is the best til 5xxx.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Search for EnableULPS. There's about 8 entires for it. I don't know if all of them need to be set to 0 or not, some are by default, but I change all the ones set to 1 to 0. This does disable the complete powering down of the scondary GPU in 5970 cards, and I suspect also for separate card Cossfire setups.

There should be 2 entries really. The other entries are leftover from previous drivers. Change them all to 0. :)

Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10 Pro
I had more than 2 entries even the very first time I installed the drivers on a brand new install. I paid more attention than usual after upgradng to my SSD's a couple weeks back.

Guess I may need to watch Driver Sweeper more closely and see if it's missing stuff.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
So what exactly does it do? I mean I assume it turns off power savings, but more technically I mean :)

randomflip said:
love the new CCC, I didn't end up installing the drivers but the CCC update is A+. I tried to install 10.6 ended up with BSOD, eventually fixed it then it wouldn't optimize crossfire even with the Crossfire Applications installed. 10.4's I guess is the best til 5xxx.

What is new in CCC? I didn't download it because of my limited monthly bandwidth. :(

Yea, 10.6s for me are VERY moody :\ Sometimes it's last for an hour or more before crashing, other times during booting it'll crash, sometimes twice in a row, before wanting to boot *shrug* Erocker recommended 10.4a so I'm going to give that a look here shortly. I figured I'd give a PROPER driver cleaning a try first before dropping the hammer on 10.6 heh

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I had more than 2 entries even the very first time I installed the drivers on a brand new install. I paid more attention than usual after upgradng to my SSD's a couple weeks back.

Guess I may need to watch Driver Sweeper more closely and see if it's missing stuff.

There are multiple places in the registry where there are the same exact entries, but all of them so far don't seem to do anything except for the one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

The one in \Control\Services under the amdkpag and amdkpad (or whatever their spell is, there are two for me) doesn't seem to effect anything when I changed the settings. So I unno :p

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
What is new in CCC? I didn't download it because of my limited monthly bandwidth. :(
/QUOTE]

Well im not sure whether previous drivers have done it before, Its been a while since I've updated but, there's a video acceleration tab for converting videos when you drag and drop them into a portable device and it finally accelerates and optimizes the GPU for adobe flash 10.1

I guess that's where people are getting the problems of idle clocks not working properly too.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.

Well im not sure whether previous drivers have done it before, Its been a while since I've updated but, there's a video acceleration tab for converting videos when you drag and drop them into a portable device and it finally accelerates and optimizes the GPU for adobe flash 10.1

I guess that's where people are getting the problems of idle clocks not working properly too.

Ah. Yes, that was in 10.3 and 10.5, so that isn't brand new to 10.6 :)

You can also make MORE things pop up in CCC if you feel like it heh Just have to to that registry location I posted above and then in the 0000 and it's subdir UDXV (or UMDV or whatever it is) and change all strings with _NA from 1 to 0. Or if it is binary and is 31 00, change it to 30 00 :cool: You can get the Temporal/Transparancy AA option back, a load of Video enhancement options, and really that is all that comes to mind worth mentioning lol

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I have been editing the reg keys for awhile now, it also adds back DXVA, and it works well.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
I have been editing the reg keys for awhile now, it also adds back DXVA, and it works well.

Yea, I don't quite understand why they removed so much stuff :\ Like Trueform... It's still there, just turned off in the registry! :confused: But whatever....

So I never really used CCC, so as a result I never paid much attention to it his time. I wasn't able to use Overdrive due to being locked, and didn't know that the Unlock button was jusdt in the upper left of that window :eek: :laugh: So I got it unlocked and let it do it's Auto Tune thing. While these aren't stable in anything but CCC's test, I first got 970/1435 :eek:, and the second time only 1000/1230. So I'm seeing what can handle more real-world results.

EDIT: Yea, loading FurMark instantly crashes the drivers and/or the computer haha That is seeming to be the case with almost anything over 915MHz so far. I have the Vcore set to around 1.270v, but since I don't know what exactly is a safe maximum I haven't pushed it any further. I suspect it wouldn't help anyways though :ohwell: I did know the memory could do 1435MHz/5740MT/s... mostly. It will pop some artifacts every so often, which is why I originally never bothered much with anything over 1395MHz/5580MT/s) since that is stable (haven't checked 1400-1405MHz

Last edited:

newfellow

System Name ID
Processor Q9450 ~3.74Ghz
Motherboard ASUS-P5E
Cooling Air
Memory G.Skill CL4-8GB
Video Card(s) ATI/Geforce 5850/9800
Storage A-lot
Display(s) BenQ G2400WT
Case 900
Audio Device(s) Shitty ASUS FX;P
Power Supply OCZ GXS 850W
Software -
Benchmark Scores too many machines to spec
My modded builds updated, if someone here wants some working setup drop these a try. 'HERE'

bogie

10.4a are the best for me with a HD4870X2 and Windows 7 x64.

Seems to be issues with 10.6 so i'm staying where I am!

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
Clearly your grasp on the English language, even if it is your native language, is quite little. I wasn't arguing with you about the XML, I was agreeing with you and then while I was on that topic, ranting about the lack of software (or ability in available software) that can do what I'm after :rolleyes:

If you're going to belittle someone's grasp on the English language, try to do it with a sentence with less grammatical errors. :roll:

Anyways, the 2D clocks are a multi-card bug? I thought it was a driver issue after 10.2 or so. Maybe I'll give the new drivers a go.

System Name Firebird
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Meh.
Anyways, the 2D clocks are a multi-card bug? I thought it was a driver issue after 10.2 or so. Maybe I'll give the new drivers a go.

No bug was apparent in my rig with 10.3s. And I don't know if you had read the whole thread, but a few of us are having quite a few issues with 10.6. So unless one of the games in the release notes is one you play and it pertains to your system config, I'd probably hold off on updating.

regy13

Processor Inter i7 920
Motherboard MSi X58 Pro-E
Cooling Scythe Mugen 3
Memory 6x2GB OCz Gold
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD5850
Storage 1T Western Digital Caviar Black
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T220
Case CoolerMaster Storm
Power Supply 800W CoolerMaster
Unable to access CCC

Am I the only one whose CCC doesn't launch with this version? Can't get to the CCC options. Any suggestions?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Am I the only one whose CCC doesn't launch with this version? Can't get to the CCC options. Any suggestions?

uninstall, reboot, install, reboot again. they work fine here.

regy13

Processor Inter i7 920
Motherboard MSi X58 Pro-E
Cooling Scythe Mugen 3
Memory 6x2GB OCz Gold
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD5850
Storage 1T Western Digital Caviar Black
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T220
Case CoolerMaster Storm
Power Supply 800W CoolerMaster
uninstall, reboot, install, reboot again. they work fine here.

Don't suggest the obvious. Already did it twice. Also removed every file with driver sweeper and reinstalled and still no CCC.