• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alienware model?

System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Is anyone here savvy with alienware? I'm curious to know what alienware model this might be. I can't seem to find pictures of older models that list what model they are.

This is the inside. Looks like it has two pci-express slots.

Anyone have any clue? I've never owned one, but I may be able to get some parts on the cheap, and I'd like some idea of the range of hardware that might be in it. I know it's a stretch, but maybe someone here knows something.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course, but I dont actually have it yet lol. The pics are from a craigslist ad, but the guy has no clue what it is.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
well the pics are very small and i cannot see what i has in it. it could be an old Socket 939 Alienware for all we know

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yea, i figured someone might know at least vaguely what model it was from the case design though. I can't seem to find any info on it, just new ones.

System Name Majestic Command 3.0
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro 4
Cooling Corsair water loop
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4
Video Card(s) RX 5600 XT
Storage 1TB WD Black SN750 M.2, a home server
Display(s) Asus VG249Q
Case Darkflash DLM22 - black
Audio Device(s) X-Fi HD>AT-HA25D>FR-N71X
Power Supply EVGA 600W standard
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE
Software Windows 10
It's looks like an area 51, but that doesn't give much insight on the parts inside. As brandonwh64 said, it could be something like an old socket 939, or maybe you could get lucky and it'd be an LGA775 with a Core 2 Quad or something like that. How much is it going for?

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm actually trading a working system for it, nothing special, just a p4 emachines I had sitting around. It comes with the case (which is the only thing the trade is actually for... the rest is just being thrown in) motherboard, processor, and power supply. No graphics card, ram, or drives. I found out that the motherboard is a asus A8N sli, socket 939 with some sort of amd dual core. Not a bad trade up, even if it is old hardware, IMO. I've got enough parts to get it going and be a stout little (big...) machine I think, providing the processor is halfway decent. Surely a dual core in an alienware has to be faster than my e1200 in my frankenstein style emachines right? lol.

brandonwh64

I'm actually trading a working system for it, nothing special, just a p4 emachines I had sitting around. It comes with the case (which is the only thing the trade is actually for... the rest is just being thrown in) motherboard, processor, and power supply. No graphics card, ram, or drives. I found out that the motherboard is a asus A8N sli, socket 939 with some sort of amd dual core. Not a bad trade up, even if it is old hardware, IMO. I've got enough parts to get it going and be a stout little (big...) machine I think, providing the processor is halfway decent. Surely a dual core in an alienware has to be faster than my e1200 in my frankenstein style emachines right? lol.

Yea a 939 dualy will be much better than a P4. also once you get this alienware you can gut it and use the case and then part out the rest here on the BST section

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813

I doubt theres going to be any difference performance wise between yourc2d based celeron dualie and a 939 dualie. That said if you can get it for free via trade, why not, just dont expect to see any major improvements over your current setup, though will be fun to play with perhaps?

Yea a 939 dualy will be much better than a P4. also once you get this alienware you can gut it and use the case and then part out the rest here on the BST section

Not a p4, its a c2d based cellie and a dual at that which is as good as most 939 dualies

System Name Suck it
Processor i7 860 @ 3.5GHz
Motherboard eVGA p55 FTW
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE 2
Memory 4gb Corsair Dominator @ 1600
Video Card(s) X2 Supercharged 570's
Storage 1 80gb Intel SSD/2 128gb Mushkin IO SSDs raid 0/1 500gb WD Caviar Black/2tb WD Caviar Black
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE 27"
Case Coolermaster HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Ultra X4 1050W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
it's an older area 51 or alx...they used the same case. the case design is totally different now...was as of 2009 if that tells you anything.

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry, the p4 emachines that im trading is a different system than the "frankenstein" i mentioned, which atm is my main rig, other than my laptop (got rid of my nice e8500 based rig). The one I'm trading is a P4, and the one I am keeping is a e1200 based with a 8800gts.

Well, I was hoping that surely a dual core from an alienware would be faster than my e1200, which doesn't overclock for shit even with an aftermarket motherboard... a whopping 1.8ghz on an asus board... Oh well, even if its not it will be my first AMD system, so it will be fun to play with for awhile. And like I said the case itself would be worth it, even if I was just selling it.

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Sorry, the p4 emachines that im trading is a different system than the "frankenstein" i mentioned, which atm is my main rig, other than my laptop (got rid of my nice e8500 based rig). The one I'm trading is a P4, and the one I am keeping is a e1200 based with a 8800gts.

Well, I was hoping that surely a dual core from an alienware would be faster than my e1200, which doesn't overclock for shit even with an aftermarket motherboard... a whopping 1.8ghz on an asus board... Oh well, even if its not it will be my first AMD system, so it will be fun to play with for awhile. And like I said the case itself would be worth it, even if I was just selling it.

Yea, 939 dualies were kind of fail only because intel ditched the p4 in favour of the c2d and well AMD never really regained the performance crown.

Though if you are not going to lose much in the trade the its a new toy to play with, heck clean that old alienware up and chuck in some new parts to get it back up to its former glory and it will put a smile on your face anyway. Whats more the resale value will be more than that of an identical non-alienware system just because of the brand, I see some older alienware systems going for damn good money on fleabay, noobs love alienware :p :laugh:

brandonwh64

WAIT its the rig under in your system specs? then i would say no trade even if the case does look good. Alot of 939s were DDR1 based and you would be loosing your DDR2 and an E1200 is a decent everyday chip. You can also buy a diablo case that looks identical to the alienware.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Yea, 939 dualies were kind of fail only because intel ditched the p4 in favour of the c2d and well AMD never really regained the performance crown.

how is that fail???

939 dualies were bought in to combat an enemy known as P4 - a job it totally excelled at unless the task at hand was encoding video/audio (long pipeline vs short pipline architecture etc etc) then when Intel unvield the C2D - then everything went down hill when AMD bought out the first gen phenoms thinking they will be alright but THEY were fail.

its taken AMD almost 4years to get the formula right to give you the Phenom X4 - a processor just as capable of any intel quad except for the stupidly high range

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
WAIT its the rig under in your system specs? then i would say no trade even if the case does look good. Alot of 939s were DDR1 based and you would be loosing your DDR2 and an E1200 is a decent everyday chip. You can also buy a diablo case that looks identical to the alienware.

No. The system I am trading is a P4 emachines. The system in my specs is completely different (though still an emachines). I won't get rid of it for a nonworking machine, lol. Unless of course somebody wants to trade me the whole thing for an i7 and motherboard lol.

Oh and the mobo is ddr2 based afaik

Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
how is that fail???

939 dualies were bought in to combat an enemy known as P4 - a job it totally excelled at unless the task at hand was encoding video/audio (long pipeline vs short pipline architecture etc etc) then when Intel unvield the C2D - then everything went down hill when AMD bought out the first gen phenoms thinking they will be alright but THEY were fail.

its taken AMD almost 4years to get the formula right to give you the Phenom X4 - a processor just as capable of any intel quad except for the stupidly high range

Erm Athlons and Athlon 64's were brought in to take on the p4 and they did it, did it well and with a clock speed much lower than that of the p4, now of the 939 era, the c2d came about and AMD couldn't compete FACT. I will give you that with the pII they are now on par with intel after a long time though the 3-4 years not competing performance wise has hurt them.

The 939 dualies where good until c2d came out and destroyed them, they then came out with the phenom I which was fail, when they finally released pII they simply couldn't compete with the extensive lineup of c2d quads that was out and the earlier pII's (7 + 8 series) couldn't offer much more than their older brothers in the pI

Its only been the last year or so and with the advent of the pII 9** series quads that AMD have been able to compete on performance with intel. Then of course came i7 and again AMD fell behind in the performance sweepstakes though can still compete because of their price/perf ratio

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
The 939 dualies where good until c2d came out and destroyed them,

but that still doesnt make 939 dualies 'fail' thats justs progress. AMD X2's were out long before Intel bought out their C2D's. which unfortunately for AMD - was a bread winner, but that doesnt mean they failed. it just means their old n outdated. or 'behind with the times' unless you expected 939 duals to still be ontop of things despite running on old 90nm tech when C2D was released - in which case who failed more? AMD or your great expectations of 939 dualies?

System Name Majestic Command 3.0
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro 4
Cooling Corsair water loop
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4
Video Card(s) RX 5600 XT
Storage 1TB WD Black SN750 M.2, a home server
Display(s) Asus VG249Q
Case Darkflash DLM22 - black
Audio Device(s) X-Fi HD>AT-HA25D>FR-N71X
Power Supply EVGA 600W standard
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE
Software Windows 10
No. The system I am trading is a P4 emachines. The system in my specs is completely different (though still an emachines). I won't get rid of it for a nonworking machine, lol. Unless of course somebody wants to trade me the whole thing for an i7 and motherboard lol.

Oh and the mobo is ddr2 based afaik

If I was in the States, I'd consider giving you my extra MSI X58M for it, but alas, the shipping on both our ends wouldn't make it worth the trouble probably... If you're trading an old P4 for the Alienware, it doesn't seem to be that bad a deal. If the older Alienware has parts that don't work, they'd be a lot cheaper to replace, and as said in this thread, noobs love anything alienware and would probably pay a premium for it :D

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well I dont know what shipping would be like, but its worth a look if youre serious, though I can't fathom how much shipping an entire system would be. PM me if you wanna take a look at it.

Judging from what I've found out about the machine, the trade is well worth it, even in nonworking conditions. It definitely has a dual core processor and an sli motherboard, which is more than I can say for the old emachines I'm giving up for it lol.

As for being faster than my main rig, most people are saying no since its simply just too old... i figured this piece of crap celeron would be beaten out even by an old dual core on the high end. Guess it remains to be seen. I'll do some of my own benches and see. If nothing else, I got a toy to play with in exchange for a computer that sits in the closet lol. And when the time comes, like you guys said, I'll prey upon some poor soul who wants to be a computer god because he has an alienware :rolleyes:

Processor i7 6700k 4ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z170 fatal1ty
Cooling Corsair H100i GTX with Noctua NF-F12 fans
Memory G.Skill Ripjaw V series 2666mhz 2x8gb
Storage HyperX predator 240gb M.2 SSD/Samsung 850 EVO 500gb/3tb WD Red
Case Corsair 250D
Power Supply EVGA NEX650G
System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
adam has it. I have already identified the motherboard (think i mentioned that earlier... too lazy to scroll up.) I'm sure they came with different processor options, so fat chance of seeing what processor it might have in it, but i've looked up the processors that board will support to get an idea of what it might have. Found out it has a silverstone 600w power supply as well, so that's pretty cool.

System Name 9th Level
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI X570 Carbon wifi
Cooling EK Basic 360, x2 250mm, x1 140mm, x1 120mm fans.
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz.
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 12GB FTW3
Storage 500gb ssd, 2tb ssd, 6tb HD.
Display(s) MSI 27" Curved 1440p@165hz
Case HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair HX850W
Software Windows 10 64bit

Though if you are not going to lose much in the trade the its a new toy to play with, heck clean that old alienware up and chuck in some new parts to get it back up to its former glory and it will put a smile on your face anyway. Whats more the resale value will be more than that of an identical non-alienware system just because of the brand, I see some older alienware systems going for damn good money on fleabay, noobs love alienware :p :laugh:

I facepalmed when I read this Fail. Then FreedomEclipse said what I was going to say. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1937840&postcount=17

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Id be suspicious of anyone who owns something of value such as this old Alienware but has completely no idea which model it is or what hardware its currently running.

it maybe the case that he only has photos of the unit but he actually doesnt have it at his house.

If hes clever enough to put in an order for an alienware then hes clever enough to know how to boot it up n run something simple like CPUZ to identify what hardware its running...

If you could have a look at the unit first personally or get more pics (with time n date if possible) then get some - otherwise i wouldnt trust the seller

System Name Gamer
Memory 32GB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thanks for the concern freedom. However, first of all, I'm buying it locally, in person, so I'll have a chance to inspect it beforehand. Second, his explanation is his friend bought it used to upgrade, etc, then eventually ended up gutting the video cards and drives out of it. Then gave it to this guy who had planned on having this friend build it back, but never got around to it, so I offered to trade him a working system for it. Sounds legit enough... not like i wouldn't be able to tell once I actually saw it.