• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[help] N-computing Vs intel atom

intel atom VS N-computing

• intel atom

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • N-computing

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
W

wahdangun

guys, I'm currently want to build an internet cafe, so what do you think is the best ?

1. intel atom

2. N-computing

and please give the reason why you chose it

and btw do you know how to make a poll in this thread ?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
You add a poll when you create the thread.

Check the "Yes add a poll" something button at the bottom.

System Name "Złotko"
Processor AMD 1055T @ 3600 MHz
Motherboard Asrock 880G@890GX
Cooling Thermalright 120 Xtreme (lapped)
Memory A-Data 1600 Plus
Video Card(s) Asus HD6950 unlocked - WOW
Storage many more than you can imagine
Display(s) Acer AL1923 and Philips 40PFL5605H
Case Fractal Define R3
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Music / onboard
Power Supply Seasonic M12D 850W
Software viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits
Benchmark Scores 2.3 promile of alcohol in my blood and still standing
Buy few cheap Athlon 64 or Pentium 4. Used computers would be far more cheaper than atom or N-computing and a lot faster (Flash and HTML have their requirements). If you are worried about electric bill I would say that downclocked Athlon 64 would be faster than any Atom and it would take less energy too (there was some comparasion test on Tomshardware) about it. You don't need Atom mobility, because you don't want to clients go away with your computers.

W

wahdangun

Buy few cheap Athlon 64 or Pentium 4. Used computers would be far more cheaper than atom or N-computing and a lot faster (Flash and HTML have their requirements). If you are worried about electric bill I would say that downclocked Athlon 64 would be faster than any Atom and it would take less energy too (there was some comparasion test on Tomshardware) about it. You don't need Atom mobility, because you don't want to clients go away with your computers.

but i don't know how to downclocking a CPU

and i know, building from second hand spare-part are cheap, but i don't want to increase the power bill, thats why i want as low as possible power consumption

and I'm quite impressive with that N-computing, it just draw 1 watt of power, but i don't know how the performance would be.

so please enlight me guys :respect:

System Name "Złotko"
Processor AMD 1055T @ 3600 MHz
Motherboard Asrock 880G@890GX
Cooling Thermalright 120 Xtreme (lapped)
Memory A-Data 1600 Plus
Video Card(s) Asus HD6950 unlocked - WOW
Storage many more than you can imagine
Display(s) Acer AL1923 and Philips 40PFL5605H
Case Fractal Define R3
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Music / onboard
Power Supply Seasonic M12D 850W
Software viruses, worms, trojan horses, spyware, adware, rootkits
Benchmark Scores 2.3 promile of alcohol in my blood and still standing
N-computing performance depends of performance of server. I would say that 10 clients would be enough even for powerful i7 server.
On second hand downclocking is really easy. I see that in sig you have overclocked AMD, so you know basics. Downclocking means less MHz, Overclocking means more.

I was working in internet caffee for few months and our major problem was with the thiefs. All small computer's after 3 months were stolen. So we replace small Dell's with big case Pentium III 900MHz. They were powerful enough, harder to steal and damn cheap. Electric bills were the same.

MohawkAngel

look for AMD processors that take under 85 watts of consumption and find cheap Asus motherboards. The Asus have a funcrion in the Bios called Cool'N'Quiet that adjust the power of CPU and fans automatically. For exemple : My Phnom X2 3.1gigs that is on Cool'N'Quiet downclock automatically at 800mhz almost 3 times less power than at full load. When your computers will idle it will save a lot of money on energy bill.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.394166

Cheap combo. Just find used computer case, used or cheap new power supplies and some hard disk even at 30$ they dont need to be high performing its for internet cafe mostly chatting and surfing on the net.

Last edited:
W

wahdangun

N-computing performance depends of performance of server. I would say that 10 clients would be enough even for powerful i7 server.
On second hand downclocking is really easy. I see that in sig you have overclocked AMD, so you know basics. Downclocking means less MHz, Overclocking means more.

I was working in internet caffee for few months and our major problem was with the thiefs. All small computer's after 3 months were stolen. So we replace small Dell's with big case Pentium III 900MHz. They were powerful enough, harder to steal and damn cheap. Electric bills were the same.

what :eek:, why don't you get insurance ?

btw I'm planing build custom chase if i chose atom(so it won't be stolen).

but if you oced BE you just increase the multy (i even doesn't dare to increase the voltage) but if i downcloking i don't know the lowest and the safest voltage for the CPU and downcloking without lowering voltage is useless.

look for AMD processors that take under 85 watts of consumption and find cheap Asus motherboards. The Asus have a funcrion in the Bios called Cool'N'Quiet that adjust the power of CPU and fans automatically. For exemple : My Phnom X2 3.1gigs that is on Cool'N'Quiet downclock automatically at 800mhz almost 3 times less power than at full load. When your computers will idle it will save a lot of money on energy bill.

but it will be expensive, and i have really low budget.

MohawkAngel

You better have some good computers than a lot of less powerful ones. Of course if you wanna start internet cafe you need money. You will have to pay the local also so mor computers = big local = more expensive.
In my opinion...less computers but more powerfuls will help you to overpass the competition and still having lower bills from lower local. Ok power consumption for small computers are fine but if you have 10 of them its almot the same as having 4 more powerful. Counting the fact also that the loca llights cost electricity...big local=more lights= higher bill.