• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech Z-5500 Digital Soundroom

J.M.D

System Name Black-Box
Processor Opteron 170 DualCore [Naked] - 35% OC
Motherboard ASUS A8NE nf4 Ultra
Cooling Thermlaright Ultra 120 eXtreme Rev.C [Lapped]
Memory 4 x 1 GB DDR-450 Transcend | 3-3-3-8
Video Card(s) XFX 8600GT XXX DDR3 [C=750, M=2000]
Storage Hitachi 320 + WD 250 + [ WD 320 GiG Xternal ]
Display(s) SAMSUNG 20" LCD [16:9] + GS Alexius 32" LCD TV
Case Gigabyte GZ-FX1 [Modded]
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 [2xLME49710HA Op-Amp] + Z5500D
Power Supply SeaSonic S12D - 850 Watts
Software Win XP Pro + win Seven x64 Ulti [Dual Boot]
techguy31 said:
Hi, so I have a ht omega claro plus and a z5500 and is having trouble configuring it to it's full potential. When I put in the output of the control panel audio to 6ch audio the background plays about 70% louder than when the characters are talking. But when I put 2ch output it is much it plays smoothly. I am having trouble configuring the speakers and the audio card. If anyone has the ht omega claro plus and the z5500 can you please help me out?

I seriously doubt, your analogue cables are plugged on wrong jacks. Please do a channel-Test from your HT Claro Control panel to make sure everything is connected well and correct. I would also recommend to have a Pink-Noise test from your logitech remote control (Test Button) to make sure the satellites are connected correctly.

I also have another question my pod volume button is kind of sticky when I turn it (it doesn't rotate smoothly, I have to use some force) How would I fix this without opening the pod. Is this normal?

It seems the white Greece behind the wheel is dried out. you can pull the knob out with a little force and apply some loosening paste and put it back with a little gap between the POD and Knob.

System Name Home Theatre
Processor i5 750
Motherboard Gigabyte P55 USB3
Memory 4GB ADATA 1333
Video Card(s) Sapphire 1GB ATI 5670
Storage 32gb Kingston SSD (Os)/ 1TB and 640GB Caviar Blue (Storage)
Display(s) Sony KDL40HX800
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) HT Claro Plus
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Software Windows 7 64-bit
I seriously doubt, your analogue cables are plugged on wrong jacks. Please do a channel-Test from your HT Claro Control panel to make sure everything is connected well and correct. I would also recommend to have a Pink-Noise test from your logitech remote control (Test Button) to make sure the satellites are connected correctly.

I'm using digital optical. Basically when I use it in 2 ch output on the configuration panel, it is fine. The person talking is in par with the background music. It's when I change it to 6ch output the person talking becomes super soft making me only hear the background noise. I am using Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 Ultra.
I also heard that using the 3.5mm jacks are better? Why is this I thought Digital is better. Well when I play some of my movies that have DTS and 5.1 ch sound coming out which is the best setup for my sound card and z5500 meaning how should I configure it in my sound manual, z 5500, cyberlink settings. How should I configure it when I use iTunes to play my music that will emit the best sound possible. Does z 5500 have dolby digital live? It's so difficult to configure. Plz.. Help
Thx lots.. I know it's alot of information because it's my first time.

It seems the white Greece behind the wheel is dried out. you can pull the knob out with a little force and apply some loosening paste and put it back with a little gap between the POD and Knob.

Thx for the tip...I will do that

System Name Home Theatre
Processor i5 750
Memory 4GB ADATA 1333

I'm using digital optical. Basically when I use it in 2 ch output on the configuration panel, it is fine. The person talking is in par with the background music. It's when I change it to 6ch output the person talking becomes super soft making me only hear the background noise. I am using Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 Ultra.
I also heard that using the 3.5mm jacks are better? Why is this I thought Digital is better. Well when I play some of my movies that have DTS and 5.1 ch sound coming out which is the best setup for my sound card and z5500 meaning how should I configure it in my sound manual, z 5500, cyberlink settings. How should I configure it when I use iTunes to play my music that will emit the best sound possible. Does z 5500 have dolby digital live? It's so difficult to configure. Plz.. Help
Thx lots.. I know it's alot of information because it's my first time

Thx for the tip.. I will be doing that.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.

Thx for the tip.. I will be doing that.

since you're on digital, it just rules out those wires. odds are your center channel is either not connected, or wired in wrong.

J.M.D

System Name Black-Box
I'm using digital optical. Basically when I use it in 2 ch output on the configuration panel, it is fine. The person talking is in par with the background music. It's when I change it to 6ch output the person talking becomes super soft making me only hear the background noise.I am using Cyberlink Powerdvd 10 Ultra.

Ahh alright !! There is your problem. When you configure as 2ch output, all the 6 channel contents (DDL, DTS example) are downmixed and ouputted as just stereo channels. So you could hear everything mixed on your front left and right speakers only. But if you really wanna get all the 6 ch via a single optical cable, then you either need to turn on the DDL or DTS encoding capability feature if your sound card supports it or else you need to select SPIDF/passthru as the output method on your Cyberlink PowerDVD. So that your Z5500 can decode it in realtime DDL/DTS. Remember this only works with a Pre-encoded DDL/DTS source and thus its a best feature on our beloved Z5500's

Usually 3.5mm jacks means Analogue. Yes analogue sometimes does sounds better only if the sound cards are of high grade. Meaning high quality DAC's and better op-amps on the PCB and that means far superior sound is outputted. you can definitely notice the difference.
But if you have hooked up your speakers only on your Optical/Coax cable, then you are not really benefited of your sound card at all as the sound card just bypasses the digital signal to the external recevier (here Z5500 in your case) and thus it does all the processing job.

As these days most of the Mobo's are integrated with SPDIF/out, one really shoudnt need to throw his $$$$$$ , if his intention was only for the Optical/Coax output.

System Name Home Theatre
Processor i5 750
Memory 4GB ADATA 1333
Ahh alright !! There is your problem. When you configure as 2ch output, all the 6 channel contents (DDL, DTS example) are downmixed and ouputted as just stereo channels. So you could hear everything mixed on your front left and right speakers only. But if you really wanna get all the 6 ch via a single optical cable, then you either need to turn on the DDL or DTS encoding capability feature if your sound card supports it or else you need to select SPIDF/passthru as the output method on your Cyberlink PowerDVD. So that your Z5500 can decode it in realtime DDL/DTS. Remember this only works with a Pre-encoded DDL/DTS source and thus its a best feature on our beloved Z5500's

Usually 3.5mm jacks means Analogue. Yes analogue sometimes does sounds better only if the sound cards are of high grade. Meaning high quality DAC's and better op-amps on the PCB and that means far superior sound is outputted. you can definitely notice the difference.
But if you have hooked up your speakers only on your Optical/Coax cable, then you are not really benefited of your sound card at all as the sound card just bypasses the digital signal to the external recevier (here Z5500 in your case) and thus it does all the processing job.

As these days most of the Mobo's are integrated with SPDIF/out, one really shoudnt need to throw his $$$$$$ , if his intention was only for the Optical/Coax output.

Thx for the through explanation J.M.D. I will be trying to look for the spdif/out if I am going to use the digital. What if I am use the analog cables. How should I configure it in the claro plus settings and the powerdvd settings?
Thx again..

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
alright im officially not part of the club anymore lol
my speakers blew up last night, but fair enough ive had em for a few years and i did hammer them...

Anyways if anyone in the UK has use for perfectly working headunit and surround speakers / center channel, PM me... (my sub / amp on the other hand arent happy)

System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
Sorry to hear about 'em. A moment of silence.

Didn't Mussels need a head unit?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
alright im officially not part of the club anymore lol
my speakers blew up last night, but fair enough ive had em for a few years and i did hammer them...

Anyways if anyone in the UK has use for perfectly working headunit and surround speakers / center channel, PM me... (my sub / amp on the other hand arent happy)

Sorry to hear about 'em. A moment of silence.

Didn't Mussels need a head unit?

yeah i did need one, had to RMA the whole set at great expense.

definitely keep the head unit and speakers, someone will need them sooner or later here on TPU.

J.M.D

System Name Black-Box
What if I am use the analog cables. How should I configure it in the claro plus settings and the powerdvd settings?

If you are planning to go on analogue then i recommend you configure your claro output as 5.1 Ch or 6 Channel mode. If your Claro Plus has got a bass-redirection or Flexibass feature , then you may turn it on as it re-directs a selected range of Low Frequencies to your heavy Sub. But its Subjective. Also Configure the Cyberlink PowerDVD output as 6 Ch mode.

As its analogue you will need a pair of 3 cables. Make sure each goes where its intended to go. Or else everything will be messed up.

System Name Home Theatre
Processor i5 750
Memory 4GB ADATA 1333
If you are planning to go on analogue then i recommend you configure your claro output as 5.1 Ch or 6 Channel mode. If your Claro Plus has got a bass-redirection or Flexibass feature , then you may turn it on as it re-directs a selected range of Low Frequencies to your heavy Sub. But its Subjective. Also Configure the Cyberlink PowerDVD output as 6 Ch mode.

As its analogue you will need a pair of 3 cables. Make sure each goes where its intended to go. Or else everything will be messed up.

Alright thx man...

Garfo

hello all

got myself a set of theses puppys :)
got em 2nd hand off someone :D

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
Congrats! How do you like 'em?

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
What exactly is your problem? Do you have the input on the speakers set to Optical, and the output on your sound card set to Optical? You can't do optical and analogue at the same time on your PC.

Garfo

well its a strange 1 really :(

put the optical lead in back of lcd thing set it on that 2 op setting then put lead in op out on front panel of sond blaser thing,and i get no sound at all and it says on lcd thing:no digital data :(

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
In your sound card settings, you need to set the default device to Optical Out.

Garfo

will try again now

sorry 2 be a noob,i ahve just right click on sound icon on right of screen and cliced playback options clicked default spdif out.

so do i restart or go in 2 the creatives control panel?

also which switch on back of lcd thing need 2 be on?

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
I'd set the output through the creative control panel.

Garfo

all i have on that is

SPDIF Input settings: Default [will not let me use drop down box]

Digital output(PCM)Sampling Rate Settings 48KHZ [wiv drop down box]

System Name Big Devil
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Case Corsair 600T SE
Can somebody else with an X-Fi card help this guy out? I've got a paper to write and a final to study for, and I'd love to help Garfo, but I just don't have the time to research it right now.

System Name Home Theatre
Processor i5 750
Memory 4GB ADATA 1333
the switch in the back is for the 1-3 stereo and the 6ch direct. If you are using the digital then go to the control panel of your audio device and put it on spdif/out or something like that. And if you are using a application like powerdvd or something also change it to spdif/out so that it will know what to do. Basically if you are using digital or analog spdif/out on all control settings. If using 6 ch direct then go to control panel and to 6ch out or 5.1 out.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
its going to say no signal until you actually start playing some sound... and it takes a second to kick in most times, so try music or something.

Processor Intel i7-8700k @ stock
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro iirc
Memory 16GB Corsair DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 FE
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500G NVMe
Display(s) 34" ASUS ROG PG348Q + 28" ASUS TUF Gaming VG289
Case NZXT
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard CoolerMaster Storm XT Stealth
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Sometimes it's necessary to turn the control pod off and on again (haven't had time to diagnose exactly when this is necessary though). Seems that the stream isn't always detected correctly.

Garfo

hmmm thanks 4 the help guys but i think the io panel is $%^£ed its gotta be right?
so this optical lead is it any good 4 gameing and music/movies?
also when in 6 channel aud it dont let u have any effect settings is that normal?

many thanks