• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I have a feeling that I don't like Steam.

How do you agree with the steam opinion?

• Yeah, I agree, I use it rarely or not at all anymore.

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Nope, it suits my needs, i think it's fine for me.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I don't know nor care because i never used it.

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shevanel

my avatar is a joke towards people with power and the power trips they take themselves on.. everyday I see someone abusing their power and no one says anything about it.. but that's a whole entirely other matter lol

but anyway, I like steam.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
I do not even understand the purpose of DRM nor have I ever cared to educate myself on the matter.

The purpose is to do away with the second-hand games market, nothing more, nothing less.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I manually patched my GTA before the patch was out on steam, it worked fine.

I downloaded all my games to my parents new PC I built them, they live in Cali. So I could play games while I was there and introduce them to games like GTA, HL2, Portal, the new CIV.

I have a four year old, a two year old and a old house we are remodeling, I have no place to really keep my games besides in storage.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
my avatar is a joke towards people with power and the power trips they take themselves on.. everyday I see someone abusing their power and no one says anything about it.. but that's a whole entirely other matter lol

but anyway, I like steam.

Can I have some power to abuse?

The purpose is to do away with the second-hand games market, nothing more, nothing less.

Thats not the point of DRM, thats the point of that new strategy of charging $10 to each person who buys a game second hand to be able to use the online abilities. DRM is to stop their shit from getting stolen, and it makes sense, it sucks that they have to go to such great length and sometimes it gives people who bought the game issues. But do you just let people steal from you? And if you knew someone that did steal from you, what would you do?

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Thats not the point of DRM, thats the point of that new strategy of charging $10 to each person who buys a game second hand to be able to use the online abilities. DRM is to stop their shit from getting stolen, and it makes sense, it sucks that they have to go to such great length and sometimes it gives people who bought the game issues. But do you just let people steal from you? And if you knew someone that did steal from you, what would you do?

I beg to differ. No form of DRM has prevented game theft to date. I would go further and say that some of the more draconian forms of DRM have actually driven more people to piracy. The companies are not stupid, why do you think that they pour millions into DRM despite it's inability to achieve its stated objective and despite the vehement backlash from customers?

D

Deleted member 67555

Actually, you really only have to install steam once :D
Copy the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe where you want, and then open steam. It'll do all the dirty work and you're back in business.

Did that last windows install, didn't lose a thing.

I do find it unnecessary that steam has to run to play a game, but I've gotten used to it.

I did finally stop being angry with steam ever since the complete redo. I hated it when it had to use internet explorer for online content (:love: webkit).

What steam is lacking though, is linux support. I don't see why there has been a delay with the linux release. I'm not content with a WINE install, it just isn't the same. If/when native linux support comes, I will possibly be able to ditch windows forever.
Future of games for Linux IMO
no need for native anything
Like Steam but no need to download..Games stay on online server
Not high end graphics yet but good enough and you don't need a console or a high end somputer
Onlive.com

I beg to differ. No form of DRM has prevented game theft to date. I would go further and say that some of the more draconian forms of DRM have actually driven more people to piracy. The companies are not stupid, why do you think that they pour millions into DRM despite it's inability to achieve its stated objective and despite the vehement backlash from customers?

Let them do it.

If their bs make games hard to play then stop buying games from them.

We see murders everyday, ohhh let's get rid of the police! They're useless!

Right.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
I beg to differ. No form of DRM has prevented game theft to date. I would go further and say that some of the more draconian forms of DRM have actually driven more people to piracy. These companies are not stupid, why do you think that they pour millions into DRM despite it's inability to achieve its stated objective and despite the vehement backlash from customers?

It has stopped some, and thats the goal, there really isnt another option, it's like door locks and cars. Those won't stop crap it's and simple and breaking your window, yet do you lock your car doors? I do and I've had numerous cars broken into at different times. Theres loop holes in everything, especially when you have teams of people working to break your security. They intend to make something that makes their property secure, then someone goes out and cracks it, so the next answer is to do what they did before, but with more force, and that gets broken, then repeat, repeat, repeat. These people put a lot of time into these games and people feel the need to take their time and give them nothing in return, they don't have a ton of other options.

I'm not saying it's all right, or that DRM is great, but I'm saying whats happening is predictable based on teams cracking shit right away, don't blame the developers, blame them. Ubisoft announces that new DRM for Assassins Creed 2 where you must be connected to the internet all the time.... response is 24 hours after its out a whole team has cracked it and put a letter in their crack to work on the games not the DRM. But that team cracks games all the time, and if there was nothing to test them then the games would be online and free and it would be exactly the same.

Like I said it's like locking your doors when your houses/cars/garages all have windows, but I'm betting you still lock them up.

System Name Enslaver :)
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B650-Plus
Cooling CPU: Noctua NH-D14 with LED fans, Case: 2 front in - 1 rear out
Memory 2x16GB Kingston Fury Beast RGB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 4070Ti OC
Storage Samsung Evo Plus 1TB NVMe , internal WD Red 4TB for storage, WD Book 8TB
Display(s) LG CX OLED 65"
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II Mesh C Performance
Audio Device(s) HDMI audio powering Dolby Digital audio on 5.1 Z960 speaker system
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard ASUS Strix Tactic Pro
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
i dont like steam for one reason - $ is not €

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
It has stopped some, and thats the goal, there really isnt another option, it's like door locks and cars. Those won't stop crap it's and simple and breaking your window, yet do you lock your car doors? I do and I've had numerous cars broken into at different times. Theres loop holes in everything, especially when you have teams of people working to break your security. They intend to make something that makes their property secure, then someone goes out and cracks it, so the next answer is to do what they did before, but with more force, and that gets broken, then repeat, repeat, repeat. These people put a lot of time into these games and people feel the need to take their time and give them nothing in return, they don't have a ton of other options.

I'm not saying it's all right, or that DRM is great, but I'm saying whats happening is predictable based on teams cracking shit right away, don't blame the developers, blame them. Ubisoft announces that new DRM for Assassins Creed 2 where you must be connected to the internet all the time.... response is 24 hours after its out a whole team has cracked it and put a letter in their crack to work on the games not the DRM. But that team cracks games all the time, and if there was nothing to test them then the games would be online and free and it would be exactly the same.

Like I said it's like locking your doors when your houses/cars/garages all have windows, but I'm betting you still lock them up.

Again, I disagree. Piracy is blamed for far too much, and all too often used as an excuse for other agendas. Clearly the Internet has exaggerated piracy to some extent, but people were filling up both sides of a D90 cassette with Commodore 64 or Spectrum games long before the Web became common in households. In other words, I question whether piracy rates have increased to the extent that the companies claim. Moreover, given that it is clearly not working, as you yourself point out, why do they keep using it? They have most certainly lost sales by employing certain types of DRM, why do they keep using it? The answer has to be that tying up the second-hand market provides enough profit to offset any losses.

Here's a question: how many blank tapes did Sony sell in the VHS/ghetto blaster heyday? Did they think people were using these resources to record their singing voices in the shower? These are the same people trying to ram Securom down everbody's throat.

The focus of DRM, rather than preventing piracy, is to redefine the very concept of ownership. To take your analogy: you will never own another another car, cars will simply be leased to you, so you really shouldn't talk about "your" car.

To get back on topic, it is clear that most of us agree that Steam has triumphed and represents a useful tool on balance. However, it remains DRM and we should never forget that, nor should we be so eager to relinquish our ability to resell games, despite the advantages offered by any particular service.

Let them do it.

If their bs make games hard to play then stop buying games from them.

We see murders everyday, ohhh let's get rid of the police! They're useless!

Right.

Wrong, let's not allow the authorities to exceed their powers employing murder rates as an excuse.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift
Future of games for Linux IMO
no need for native anything
Like Steam but no need to download..Games stay on online server
Not high end graphics yet but good enough and you don't need a console or a high end somputer
Onlive.com

HAHAH

Oh wait please tell me your not serious? You don't even own the license if you pay for that service. :roll:

Anyway back on topic. I don't feel Steam offers me great value for money. You lock ALL of your games to one account.

<This user has logged on in another location>

There you have it, no one is allowed to play any of your other games whilst you play CSS etc. That right has been taken away from you.

Stak

System Name nGigabyte GTX-58 Blue Flash
Processor Intel Core I7 920 @3.885 (3.7 with turbo)
Motherboard Gigayte EX-58 UD3R
Cooling Scythe Mugen 2
Memory Kingston Value Ram DDR3 @1800 Mhz 6Gb
Video Card(s) MSI N470GTX OC 751/1501
Storage WD 640 GB 7200 rpm
Display(s) LG Flatron LW207
Case Antec 902 with cooler master extra side panel fan(blue led)
Audio Device(s) on board HD
Power Supply Cooler Master gold 800W
Software Win 7 64 bit
Benchmark Scores Above avg
Can wee SEE who voted for what???

System Name Classy Gal
Processor i7 2600K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory 16GB Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1070 FE
Storage 2x120GB Vertex 3 - 1x1TB WD
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Titanium HD
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 750W
Software Win10 / Linux Mint
It's simple if you don't like Steam buy the retail, PCs are not like consoles (yet), where you have to bend over and wait to get... well, you know. We still have options in the PC.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
Can wee SEE who voted for what???

I don't think that it would be a good idea to see what people voted in this poll. It will derail the thread and make the mods have to go to "banstick Hill" and grab a switch off the "Club of Ban".. I think it would be best if we just didn't see the results.

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
Everywhere you go you're going to see forced updates. Xbox Live and PlayStation Network require updates before allowing you to play online. It's not a big deal unless the update messes up your crack or something, otherwise, what reason would a person have for not updating?

That's because UPDATES were forced in MW2 , then you couldn't use things such as console unlocker and other tweaks you need to first backup before updating.

Up to 200,000 from the government. 400,000 if you're married and using a joint account or the same bank.

That's really what you have in usa , look youtube "money as a debt" seems that in foreclousores you don't get nothing after , but then again i really don't know.

Anyone else had trouble with steam and windows 7 x64 ? I try to start L4D 2 and steam doesn`t run right (the service doesn`t start properly). I can work round it by stopping and starting steam manually , but it`s still a PITA.

I have Win7 64x too , did have a major problem when Steam was stuck in an updating loop , reinstall didn't help , nothing.

I have never read so much misinformation on TPU in my whole life. This whole thread is a disgrace.

So you're saying im not the only one not knowing things?

Your really going out on a limb here, most of your reasons seem to be like "well if the world ended", well if the world ends the world ends, worry about that when it happens. If you buy a car and you drive it for we'll say 5,000 miles then it blows the motor, what do you do? You deal with it, it's part of life and the odds of that happening are much higher than having Steam just flat out close up shop. If valve bankrupts you still have all of your CD keys (remember you can see them fr each game).

I know, but you'll never know what can happen , still possibility.

You have valid points. I highly dislike certain things about steam, but the deals they have are undeniable. I have a policy that keeps me happy with steam, I never pay over $20 for a game from them.

My number one gripe with steam is the fact that you can't sell or transfer your account. That REALLY annoys me because I like to get games, play them and sell em.

Yeah, I do have , from a modding,tweaking viewpoint , also modifing the profile (i will explain later), I think that's the biggest point of steam they had in mind , control the second-hand market, nevertheless but i honestly always thought steam was better than anything else. But that's valve sakes , i expected more of them.

I was about to make my first purchase from steam but now am having second thoughts. I dont like the idea of adding software to run a game that bums me out. I guess I will be better off buying the game from a store. Thanks for the info every one :cool:

That was my first impression too , except that i never planned to buy a game, i guess it wasn't as good as it now APPARENTLY is. still it's not perfect , or a substitute of taking over retail.

who cares if Steam is required to play a game or if it isn't, it's not that stressful. And it allows you to stay connected with friends. And if it's in Offline mode, once again who cares, it's not crushing your system. The instant I start worrying about minor processes slowing down my comp is when I know something is wrong with my hardware.

I have Xfire for that so no thanks , btw , i have more real life firends than online.

i dont understand why steam running in the background is such a problem? i think its a good idea on the whole anti piracy thing and who really has a computer nowadays where running steam has an impact on their gameplay? Its not like steam pops up when you don't want it to or little notifications pop up like windows live. Just logging (or have it do it automaticly) click on you game done. When you quit your game you just spend and extra secomd closing steam. It'd would take just as long to run a game without steam clicking on start, then games, then the game you want. I think its either sheer stubbornness of laziness

That's because it feels unsecure , always someting running , when game's crash you always blame it , or GFWL.

You can turn notifications off.

Tbh, it seems most of people problems with steam can be changing in the options...

I guess i didn't notice

1 Why are you complaining that your games get updated and you don't have to find the updates and download them from crappy mirrors? It's a good thing, and it isn't forced.

2 Pay and download is better than owning a copy, because unless you fuck up and cheat or be an idiot, or give away your accounts security, you will ALWAYS have that game, on any PC you want, available to you. You can't "lose" a game over steam, that's the point. If you uninstall it, it sits in your library as a free download link to the files. Plus, under your account settings you have the receipts to all the downloads and purchases you make, and Valve customer service is great.

3 They accept prepaid mastercards/visa. I'm just turning 19 in a few days and I'll have my first credit card, and I've been using prepaid cards for years. I occasionally use a friends credit card because I trust and love steam and so does everybody else lol.

It's up to you, you can buy CD's and have a cluttered gaming space in which you can't take with you, or keep from breaking indefinitely, or keep from expiring warantys or disc scratch replacement warranty, and buy things at full price.

That's because I am a guy who knows well where and how to download patches and that's not a matter of vast proportions in innovation , but rather spoiling us, whatever, the idea is i explained before , forced updates aren't always great from a viewpoint of tweaking,modding. etc.

Exactly.

I agree with the OP. /fin

With who?

Agreed

i dont like steam for one reason - $ is not €

Yes but that's everywhere , it's the hidden european union tax , i really don't like eu at all , they're going to make us like the usa. People seem to not even realize what are they going into.

Again, I disagree. Piracy is blamed for far too much, and all too often used as an excuse for other agendas. Clearly the Internet has exaggerated piracy to some extent, but people were filling up both sides of a D90 cassette with Commodore 64 or Spectrum games long before the Web became common in households. In other words, I question whether piracy rates have increased to the extent that the companies claim. Moreover, given that it is clearly not working, as you yourself point out, why do they keep using it? They have most certainly lost sales by employing certain types of DRM, why do they keep using it? The answer has to be that tying up the second-hand market provides enough profit to offset any losses.

Here's a question: how many blank tapes did Sony sell in the VHS/ghetto blaster heyday? Did they think people were using these resources to record their singing voices in the shower? These are the same people trying to ram Securom down everbody's throat.

The focus of DRM, rather than preventing piracy, is to redefine the very concept of ownership. To take your analogy: you will never own another another car, cars will simply be leased to you, so you really shouldn't talk about "your" car.

To get back on topic, it is clear that most of us agree that Steam has triumphed and represents a useful tool on balance. However, it remains DRM and we should never forget that, nor should we be so eager to relinquish our ability to resell games, despite the advantages offered by any particular service.

Wrong, let's not allow the authorities to exceed their powers employing murder rates as an excuse.

Agreed

HAHAH

Oh wait please tell me your not serious? You don't even own the license if you pay for that service. :roll:

Anyway back on topic. I don't feel Steam offers me great value for money. You lock ALL of your games to one account.

<This user has logged on in another location>

There you have it, no one is allowed to play any of your other games whilst you play CSS etc. That right has been taken away from you.

So i guess you can't play multiple instances of the game , another negative.

Ok in the end , it's nontheless better than it looked at first, but what about profile settings, it's saved there , i can't edit the profile with programs , change profile-bound CFGs , and the rest , ... this is commonly used when modding tweaking , but i don't know if it's possible in steam.

shevanel

My daughter just downloaded steam because she wanted to download a few demos to take with her on vacation using the laptop...

I find it odd that she cannot add me to her contact list in the friends client until a game has been purchased on her account...

MEH

System Name Multiple - Win7, Win10, Kubuntu
Processor Intel Core i7 3820 OC@ 4.0 GHz
Motherboard Asus P9X79
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire ATI Radeon RX 480 8GB
Storage Samsung SSD: 970 EVO 1TB, 2x870 EVO 250GB,860 Evo 250GB,850 Evo 250GB, WD 4x1TB, 2x2TB, 4x4TB
Display(s) Asus PB328Q 32' 1440p@75hz
Case Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper
Power Supply Corsair HX750, HX550, Galaxy 520W
Mouse Multiple, Razer Mamba Elite, Logitech M500
Keyboard Multiple - Lenovo, HP, Dell, Logitech
You see , it's all about those little annoying details which don't make sense for an advanced user, that's like how windows is stupid sometimes , i just wish i would threw my PC off the window because it's sometimes SO DUMB and stuff doesn't want to work and is stupidly coded.

ctrain

My daughter just downloaded steam because she wanted to download a few demos to take with her on vacation using the laptop...

I find it odd that she cannot add me to her contact list in the friends client until a game has been purchased on her account...

MEH

Probably as a prevention measure against any kind of automated spam or whatever else you can imagine. The account is more likely going to be used for some kind of legitimate purpose (gaming!) if someones bought something on it.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Probably as a prevention measure against any kind of automated spam or whatever else you can imagine. The account is more likely going to be used for some kind of legitimate purpose (gaming!) if someones bought something on it.

yes. people would make an empty account, add you as a friend/send you a link, and use that link to steal your account.

many of these fakers/pirates wont buy games before trying to steal accounts, because it leaves some kind of trail that could be used to track them down.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift
With who?

So i guess you can't play multiple instances of the game , another negative.

OP = thread starter.

I'm not bothered that no one else can play CSS on my CSS account whilst I play CSS as my example, but when I play CSS, why can't say my brother play HL2 or Just Cause 2 or any other game locked into my account.

I know people will just say, make a separate account, but that is impractical since it breaks Steam Friends (you would be constantly changing Friends name and having different friends in that list etc). Also how would you know what games to split across how many accounts? I have over 20 games on my Steam account. Some require Steam to function.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
OP = thread starter.

I'm not bothered that no one else can play CSS on my CSS account whilst I play CSS as my example, but when I play CSS, why can't say my brother play HL2 or Just Cause 2 or any other game locked into my account.

I know people will just say, make a separate account, but that is impractical since it breaks Steam Friends (you would be constantly changing Friends name and having different friends in that list etc). Also how would you know what games to split across how many accounts? I have over 20 games on my Steam account. Some require Steam to function.

yes, the inability to allow multiple PC's to play different games from the one account is a little annoying, but its offset by the cost. steam games are often half the price of retail here (sometimes its MORE than retail, but i buy on discount when its sometimes 1/4 retail or less) - so you could always buy two copies for the same price, and there is your MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.