• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Acer Announces Aspire Revo 3700, Top Entertainment in an Extra-Small Form Factor

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Whether tucked away on a corner of your desk or nicely concealed on the back of your monitor, the Aspire Revo 3700 is the perfect machine to satisfy all basic computing requirements: surfing the Internet, downloading and watching rich HD content, playing videos and games, running typical office programs or socializing via the optional webcam.

In a form factor that is just 1 liter, the Acer Aspire Revo 3700 offers advanced graphic capabilities for full enjoyment of multimedia contents in high definition. The innovative and ultra-slim design makes it the perfect fit for any room in the house while full PC capabilities make it a true entertainment center for the entire family, offering immediate access to music, video and images, and permitting to transmit and stream HD content.

In fact, it features the incredible graphics processing power of NVIDIA ION coupled with the Intel Atom D525 processor. ION enables Aspire Revo 3700 to deliver a premium entertainment experience: watch 1080p HD movies, play DirectX 10 games at great frame rates and enjoy 3D capabilities. Regardless of its reduced dimensions, it has the graphic capability worthy of a true multimedia PC. The result is extraordinary multimedia entertainment and high-definition quality.

Practical and versatile, it can easily adapt to any environment. Thanks to a special mounting system, it can be put on the back of any LCD or TV panel with a VESA attachment to offer All-In-One capabilities and increase the working or playing area The VESA mount offers vertical adjustment ensuring that the power-on button, optional webcam and memory card reader are always perfectly accessible from the top of any LCD display used.

A small, quiet, yet fully capable PC, the Aspire Revo 3700 is perfect for cruising the Internet, doing your daily work, keeping connected via instant messaging and enjoying photos, music and videos on a big screen with family and friends.

Even the hardware characteristics exceed expectations. Besides being equipped with the Intel Atom D525 processor and NVIDIA ION GPU, the Aspire Revo 3700 comes with a 500GB Hard Drive and up to 4GB of DDR3 memory that allows quick performance without problems for all the most widely-used range of applications. A Mini PCI Express slot offers the possibility of expanding memory capacity to make space for continuously growing multimedia files and with a multi-in-one card reader file transfers become a seamless operation.

The Aspire Revo 3700 can be connected with ease to a wide variety of devices. The Gigabyte Ethernet network connection and optional 802.11b/g/n wireless ensure ultrafast connection into to your home network, while the HDMI port allows a true-to-life reproduction of Full HD video.

To top it all, the Aspire Revo 3700 combines advanced capabilities with low energy consumption. Besides features like the ultra-low-power processor, optimized component placement, and mechanical design, it operates quietly and reduces overall system noise, for the most comfortable environment. The screw free design offers easy access to internal part while the small size minimizes material and packaging usage. Energy Star compliance ensures maximised energy efficiency and power saving.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

what is the difference between this and all the other nettops? Just the Atom D525?

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
^ Wondering too.

Add a SFF Optical drive for DVD & Blu-Ray and I'd be looking at this more seriously.

System Name Big Devil
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K
Motherboard ECS P67H2-A2
Cooling XSPC Rasa | Black Ice GT Stealth 240 | XSPC X2O 750 | 2x ACF12PWM | PrimoChill White 7/16"
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LP Arctic White 1600MHz CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC
Storage Intel 520 Series 180GB + WD 1TB Blue
Display(s) HP ZR30W 30" 2650x1600 IPS
Case Corsair 600T SE
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX | Sennheisser PC350 "Hero" Modded | Corsair SP2500
Power Supply ABS SL 1050W (Enermax Revolution Rebadge)
Software Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/ Media Center
Benchmark Scores Ducky Year of the Snake w/ Cherry MX Browns & Year of the Tiger PBT Keycaps | Razer Deathadder Black
I have a feeling this is one of the few with an optical out on the front :confused:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
i wonder if this costs more than the other htpc/nettop options. can i install linux on it and will it play back truehd/dts-hd ma ?

System Name The Shroomiest One!
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock x570 Taichi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 2x16gb T-Create Expert 3600C14
Video Card(s) NVidia RTX 3090 Founder Edition
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2tb, 2 x Team Group MP34 4tb
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA NuAudio
Power Supply EVGA 1000w Supernova
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Ive got the revo 1600 version and its amazing. plays everything I want it to movie wise with out a hickup. this one will blow mine away cpu wise and chipset wise seeing how mine is an ion le. Plus its ddr3 vs the older ddr2 model. Mine only came with 1gb of ram wich i upgraded to 4gb and put a 40gb intel ssd in it.

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)
...play DirectX 10 games at great frame rates...

I'll believe it when I see it. Let's see how it runs Crysis. Probably going to 5 SPF (seconds per frame), on low.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
I'll believe it when I see it. Let's see how it runs Crysis. Probably going to 5 SPF (seconds per frame), on low.

yea, i don't know of a single dx10 game that will run well on this setup. not sure why they would even include that in the press release as it is not targeting the gaming community.

HillBeast

System Name Kuja
Processor Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H50 HB.o Special Edition with Koolance CHC-122 NB Block
Memory OCZ Extreme Edition 4GB Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X Rev. 2
Storage 2x 1TB WD Green in RAID
Display(s) BenQ V2400W
Case Lian Li PC-A17 HB.o Special Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 889A
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin Pro 800W
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores 93632 sysPoints in sysTest '09 47 FPS in Star Tales Benchmark
yea, i don't know of a single dx10 game that will run well on this setup. not sure why they would even include that in the press release as it is not targeting the gaming community.

Well lets think about the hardware: The Atom (AFAIK) is half of a Pentium M in performance, I have no idea what the models of the Atom mean but lets assume this is dual core with HT, so that means about 1-1.5x the performance of a Pentium M.

As for the NVIDIA Ion chip, I'm pretty sure that's about the performance of a low end 9000/8000 series.

I tried playing Borderlands (Unreal 3 Engine) on low settings on a Core 2 Duo E8400 at 3.6GHz with a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS and it was unplayable. That was a way faster CPU and about the same GPU.

THIS CANNOT RUN DX10 GAMES! STOP LYING HARDWARE MANUFACTURERS! NETTOPS ARE NOT GAMING PCS!

EDIT: Should also mention Borderlands isn't a high end game if you've never played it before. It's very low spec.

A.Wantuck

Article is Completely Lying....

I just bought the Acer Revo 3700.

The Good:
I will say this for what I bought it for I am very impressed. It runs all my HTPC desires. I am in the process of setting up SageTv on it. I bought a USB Hybrid Dual tuner and DVD drive to go with it. (I would have bought a blu-ray, however I have a PS3 so what is the point. In fact I only use the PS3 as a Blu-ray/DVD player because when I bought it Blu-Ray players were the same price and this had an ethernet cable with allowed me to "upgrade" firmware for the blu-ray.) When prices on mini blu-rays come down I will buy one for it and toss the Ps3 or sell it... (I play games on gamming rig and I mainly play EQ2 anyway)..

When I hooked up the computer to my TV it recognized and came with resizing capability. I liked that as my Tv is one of the first HDTV so it is not exacly to spec like a computer monitor. I hooked it up via HDMI to DVI and used the optical cable to my Reciever.

I have it networked to my server which holds all my .iso files, pictures, music, etc... The Revo connects without a hitch and I installed virtual drive to mount the DVD isos'. Plays without a hitch. The TV tuner is a bit slow to respond, but I really believe the memory and HDD need upgrades. (More on that later.) After the tuner "zeros" in on a station, the playback and everything else is fine, no hiccups. It just when switching stations there is a delay. (Like I siad I think memory and HDD here.)

Surfing the internet and playing utube and netflix are perfect. All-in all I am hoping this thing will eventually replace every device I own... TIVO, PS3, and ROKU. I want to go media-less. In otherwords, no discs or any other media type thing at all. I want to buy a DVD, rip it and then store it in the attic in case I need it again. They just clutter and take up too much space, with the exception of Blu-ray discs, they are too big to rip on harddrives after purchase. I coould do it, but over time and until I see harddrive go past 2TB I will just wait. Anyway....

The thing is very compact and can easily be hidden, I love the fact that you do not need much wires to attach it to your set-up, 2 in my case. Sound is crisp and so is pictre when viewing digital TV and ripped DVD's from the server.

The bad:

There is no DD3, it is DDR2. The manufacturer says it except when you look at the specs page. Kudos to Newegg for posting it correctly. The Hard drive is a 5400rpm and the system comes with 2 GB. The bloatware they place on it kills all the memory. You need to uninstall it all and it works amazingly better, but not good enough. I can tell when things are held up by the harddrive and it is most seen when using it as a DVR. It will hiccup in the beging and then play fine, however when you do anything such as pause, rewind, forward, it takes about 2 seconds to decide. Same with changing channels when it wants to set up a new record live tv for playback feature.

It comes witha 250GB HD NOT A 500GB one.

I tried playing EQ2 on it. It is really bad so games are out, howeer I did not buy it for that so I do not care, however the article is lying, you can not play anything but old dos games on it :). Or older games for that matter.

What I am currently doing to fix problems..

I just bought a 128GB SSD and 4GB of RAM. I am hoping this fixes the latency. All the websites say this really sped up previous versions. But you need to do both, not just one.

All in all I am happy for what its purpose is. A fully integrated media center. It is not that bad and I can expand it for what it is. For example, I eventually plan to add another tuner but until I get it working the wya I like and we start using it more and more, I will gradually take away other compnents and add the features to the media center. I like to start small and gradual before I start removing stero components, but over time it will happen and this seems to have enough expandability with the esata and USB ports to do what most people want in a media center. I would reccommend it.

iamchan

Um... the Acer Revo 3700 has the same specs as the Asus 1215N Netbook which was able to run Crysis at 10-25 FPS on Low Settings and older games at reasonable framerates as well. Sure, these systems aren't meant for hardcore gaming but they do offer more gaming performance than low-end Notebook PC's that are in the market. There are hundreds of video's of the Acer Revo 3610 running games ranging from Bioshock, Left4Dead, Crysis, World of Warcraft to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and even Black Ops. If you can deal with 15-30+ FPS (some games even near 60 FPS) on low settings at 800x600 resolution then it's perfectly fine considering its size and limited power. The Nvidia Ion is an incredibly impressive piece of technology and it's only going to get better as the Atom and/or other processors become even more powerful in the future for these ultra-small-form PC's.