• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Made my own Hardware Website

NathanXtremeOC

Hey everyone probably not posting this in the correct place im just posting to say iv'e made my own website its nothing spectacular and not a lot on there at the minute and was just wondering if any guys n girls wanted to come accross joing and i dunnor use my site lol i will say one thing im not setting out to replace or even compete agains tpu, i just wanted my own tech site. :) the link is www.hwsupersite.co.uk

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
One thing i'd recommend is learning HTML code and instead designing your own web page from the ground up, cause i really don't like those designs that come with the sites that allow you to make a web page.

For me it can really be hard to migrate to a different site to, i mean what does that site offer that i can't get here at TPU or other well known tech sites that i read. It's good that you want to make a tech site, but i think you need to get some guys together with the skill set to make it awesome, especially if you really want to be of the caliber of something like TPU. You're gonna need a lot of resources.

NathanXtremeOC

Well i choose to use joomla for my CMS simply becuase I dont know anyone who would be willing to help me and i have just started my uni course which i will eventually learn CSS, HTML and PHP and loads of other internet languages so hopefully then i will be able to develop the site further but at the minute i cant. Thats why i was hoping people here would help make it work.

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
One thing i'd recommend is learning HTML code and instead designing your own web page from the ground up, cause i really don't like those designs that come with the sites that allow you to make a web page.

For me it can really be hard to migrate to a different site to, i mean what does that site offer that i can't get here at TPU or other well known tech sites that i read. It's good that you want to make a tech site, but i think you need to get some guys together with the skill set to make it awesome, especially if you really want to be of the caliber of something like TPU. You're gonna need a lot of resources.

It was said that it's not meant to compete with TPU.:wtf:
Some sites that are not as grand as TPU still have nice communities that it's nice to be a part of. It's a bad mentality to be of the opinion that anything but the best is rubbish.

@NathanXtremeOC: I'll visit your site to give it just that one more hit at least for support, and maybe I'll even like it and stay. ;)

EDIT: I have one too (although not reviewing hardware) if you'd like to see it: Game-SAit, and everyone is welcome, but it's more targeted towards the Southern Africa (SubSahara) region.

Last edited:

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Cool, could be a nice little site :D One bit of advice, knowledge has a 'W' in it :D

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member

Some sites that are not as grand as TPU still have nice communities that it's nice to be a part of. It's a bad mentality to be of the opinion that anything but the best is rubbish.

@NathanXtremeOC: I'll visit your site to give it just that one more hit at least for support, and maybe I'll even like it and stay. ;)

Wow, inferKNOX, I think you may need to re-read the post by CDdude55, with an open mind.

My take on his post is; usually canned websites don't draw a following. That you need to make it stand out, if , you want to draw people and keep them.
Sorta, constructive criticism.

And, where did he call it rubbish or even imply such?:wtf:

And, CDdude55's last statement would be right on, considering the statement made at the site, see below in red.

Quote from the about:

About The Supersite for Hardware

The aim of The Supersite for Hardware is to become one of the top technology website’s on the web and used as a knowledgebase for all from beginners to experts. The site will be covering the latest technology news, tutorials for beginners, intermediate users and expert uses, reviews on a range of hardware and a friendly forum community and more will come in the future.

BACK on topic:

@NathanXtremeOC> Goodluck with site. Keep us updated. You never know, it might take off, like a Pet Rock or, even like Twitter.:rockout:

Yeah, HookeyStreet beat me to the spelling thing. :toast:
Make it look professional, to be professional.:)

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
Yeah, HookeyStreet beat me to the spelling thing. :toast:
Make it look professional, to be professional.:)

Exactly m8. You can spot a bad site a mile off because of dodgy spelling :D

mdsx1950

System Name Knight-X
Processor Intel Core i7-980X [4.2Ghz]
Motherboard ASUS P6T7 WS
Cooling CORSAIR Hydro H70 + 2x CM 2000RPM 120mm LED Fans
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon HD6970 2GB CrossFire [PhysX - EVGA GTX260(216SP) 896MB]
Storage 2x Corsair Perf. 512GB | OCZ Colossus 1TB | 2xOCZ Agilities 120GB SSDs
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp™ 3008WFP [2560x1600]
Case Cooler Master HAF-X + NZXT Temp LCD
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar D2X | ONKYO HTS9100THX 7.1
Power Supply Silverstone ST1500 1500W [80 PLUS Silver]
Software Windows 7 Ultimate X64 (Build 7600)
Benchmark Scores Heaven 2.0 with Extreme Tessellation at 1080p - 96FPS
I'll join and help you out. Though you gotta make me a moderator :p

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1

EDIT: I have one too (although not reviewing hardware) if you'd like to see it: Game-SAit, and everyone is welcome, but it's more targeted towards the Southern Africa (SubSahara) region.

If he is serious about making a great site, then i would recommend what i was saying in that post.

But again, he doesn't have to take my advice. I'm just throwing it out there if he really wants to make a proper hardware site in my eye.

Last edited:
System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888

Very much.. it needs to have something unique to it in order to stand out, otherwise, it will be just like them blog sites.. too a plenty, that the chances of people reading the print on my shirt is higher than a site's visit mark.

Too saturated the web is, you need to come up with something unique or your left with scraping the bottom of the net barrel (or whats left of it). Heck even a site that featues babes and tech already exists.. maybe try something like trannies and hardware.. dunno.

And yeah.. Static HTML is not enough if you want to go ground up. nobody does static pages anymore thats way back early 90s.. everything is dynamic on the net.

Last edited:
Processor Core I5 4440 / 4430
Motherboard Asus z87-k / Gigabyte ga h97- d3h
Cooling Arctic freezer / Generic
Memory 8 gb Mushkin / Various
Video Card(s) Radeon 7850 cf / Gtx 690
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 gb / 2x1 terabyte hdds Wd 256 gb nvme
Display(s) Technika 32" / Asus 24` ips
Case Corsair
Audio Device(s) X-fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 850 w
Software Windows 10

Now that`s a gr8 site !

NathanXtremeOC

Thanks for everyones input im open to suggestions and everything and im not too great with it all so all the help is apprecitated, like i stated just started uni and i dont really know much about web hence the reason i have joomla and phpbb installed they are integrated so if anyone wants to help feel free easy to catch me on nathanhoughton@live.co.uk via email or IM

Thanks everyone

P.S im also looking for news posters :)

Last edited:
System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I'm gonna join up now - nice little UK based site to frequent :toast:

Are there any plans for affiliation with TPU in the future? There's potential for a good UK based site, maybe constant links for the newest GPU-Z, competitions, etc.
Maybe in a years time or whatever, a UK B/S/T section (not UK only, but UK mainly)?

EDIT: Also, in the Login page, you need a 'Create New Account' link ;) Took me a few minutes to find how to create an account.

NathanXtremeOC

hey what does affiliation mean i have no idea i know how noobie of me, and okay thanks for the user creation advice will do that now :)

System Name Benny
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
hey what does affiliation mean i have no idea i know how noobie of me, and okay thanks for the user creation advice will do that now :)

Affiliation means kinda connected, communicating with each-other. TPU being a world-wide site with GN.net, could also have a UK affiliate. I'm trying to think of what your site could do different to TPU; something new.

The big problem with UK at the moment is prices compared to other parts of the world. Maybe you could do something that concentrates on the best deals to get stuff in the UK? Or maybe offering advice on avoiding UK prices; getting certain things (like CPU's) from abroad?

A way of doing something that TPU doesn't (also avoiding ending up a gaming forum) might be an idea?

NathanXtremeOC

haha yeah definatly well im currently writing a guide on how to build a computer and im thinking of doing various guide and stuff i know its nothing major but atm thats all i have time for :) and affilation would be cool :)

@ scaminatrix what do you think to the new login and register on the menu?

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
good luck bro there have been tons of guys started their own site. you really need to work and stick with it. i had one but just started posting my reviews on sites forums instead, much easier to manage then a website.

System Name Benny
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Software Win7 Pro x64
haha yeah definatly well im currently writing a guide on how to build a computer and im thinking of doing various guide and stuff i know its nothing major but atm thats all i have time for :) and affilation would be cool :)

@ scaminatrix what do you think to the new login and register on the menu?

Yea I like it; the thing I've seen on most sites is a 'Create New Account' link on this page; it's how I'm accustomed to creating a new account, following a link on the Login page.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit

it's basically some sort of cooperation.
when talking between hardware sites usually the sites put up a link to each other somewhere and thats really it.

HookeyStreet

Eat, sleep, game!
it's basically some sort of cooperation.
when talking between hardware sites usually the sites put up a link to each other somewhere and thats really it.

W1z, what gave you the idea to start TPU?

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
Wow, inferKNOX, I think you may need to re-read the post by CDdude55, with an open mind.
LOL, soz guys if I came off sounding hostile, didn't mean to. :eek:
Just wanted CDdude to cut him some slack... coz... *sniff* ...I'm emotional about these things since I'm in kinda the same boat. *snort*
It's hard to advertise and try get guys to come over and have a look without infringing on other site's rules, etc, know what I mean?

@francis511: Thanks... we're trying. ;)

@W1zzard: I think the great question still is, did you already know what you were doing when you got TPU underway, or was it learn-as-you-go?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Congrats Nathan! Your site has a great name, which is the first step in making a site to come back to. May it become really successfull! :toast:

I've just registered as qubit. ;) It's nice to be in at the start of something like this.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
I registered, too, as 95viper.:)
See you there and here and a couple of other places.:D

System Name Dark Stealth
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M Gaming rev 1.0
Cooling Snowman, arctic p12 x2 fans
Memory 16x2 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Pro
Video Card(s) 3080 10gb
Storage 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 Crucial P3 Plus, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 4TB WD RED HDD
Display(s) HP Omen 34c (34" monitor 3440x1440 165Hz VA panel)
Case Zalman S2
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Mouse Logitech pro superlight, mx mouse s3, Razer Basiliskx with battery
Keyboard Custom mechanical keyboard tm680
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 70-80 fps 3440x1440 on cyberpunk 2077 max settings
How did you do the website???
Anyway Congrats :)

NathanXtremeOC

just bought some web hosting setup joomla and phpbb edited some css for the both of them and added integration still a lot of work to be done but thats understandable and its a learning process for me too