• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HP Advances the Touch Experience for Consumers and Businesses

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Introducing a more personal, intuitive and entertaining computing experience for consumers, HP today unveiled the sleekly appealing HP TouchSmart310 PC, which features the most advanced version of the company's exclusive TouchSmart software to date. The company also announced the HP TouchSmart Apps Center for one-touch access to free and subscription-based applications, as well as the HP Omni100, which offers the performance users demand from a tower and monitor in an all-in- one design.

HP also is helping businesses make touch an integral part of the customer experience through relationships with American Airlines, ESPN and the National Football League's San Francisco 49ers. "Each generation of TouchSmart is a reflection of what HP has learned from its customers, complemented by the latest technologies," said James Mouton, senior vice president, Desktop Organization, Personal Systems Group, HP. "The TouchSmart PC's unique interface lets users do more than just basic computing - it acts as the anchor of one's digital lifestyle, encouraging creativity, organization and a truly immersive experience."

Create, communicate and personalize with just one touch
The latest version of HP TouchSmart software transforms the desktop into a Magic Canvas that enables users to freely drag applications, music, photos, videos and web content directly onto the desktop as Magnets. Multilayered wallpapers bring depth and perspective to the screen, while the new Carousel and Magic Menu allow users to easily locate applications and content - all with the touch of a finger.
In addition to existing applications from Twitter, Hulu, Netflix, RecipeBox and the HP Music Store powered by Rhapsody, the software now features a built-for-touch Facebook application that makes it easier than ever to stay connected with friends and family. Users can create a personalized video greeting and post it directly to a friend's Facebook Wall.

The new HP TouchSmart Apps Center - available via an icon on the TouchSmart Carousel - provides seamless one-touch access to free and subscription based applications from partners such Marvel Comics and the Cartoon Network.

Applications include:
  • Marvel Comics: Featuring the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited online library of over 8,000 comics - tap and be immersed in the colorful stories of the world's most popular superheroes, including Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Spider-Man and Wolverine
  • Cartoon Network: Offering regular news updates on Cartoon Network shows and characters.
  • A variety of touch-enabled games to entertain every member of the family.
The new version of the TouchSmart software will be available on the HP TouchSmart310 desktop PC and the current HP TouchSmart 600 desktop PC. The TouchSmart 600 PC also is available with Beats Audio - a unique, high- performance technology that provides an optimal sound experience - the way the artist intended it.

The convertible HP TouchSmart tm2 notebook PC will include updated TouchSmart Mobile 2.0 software. Similar to the interface on the HP TouchSmart desktop PC, the software allows users to drag multimedia content to use the notebook's desktop like a personal canvas and access applications through a carousel view. The tm2 features many of the same touch applications as the TouchSmart desktop PC and includes DigiFish Dolphin, a screensaver that recreates an interactive ocean environment.

The tm2 features a capacitive multitouch, 12.1-inch diagonal, LED BrightView, touchscreen display and provides a full notebook PC experience with Intel Core i3 and i5 processors and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5450 switchable graphics.

High performance meets elegant design
The fourth generation of the HP TouchSmart PC is a balance of elegant design and performance. The slimmer 20-inch HD display of the HP TouchSmart310 sits on a pedestal base that tilts up to 30 degrees. Built-in wireless LAN, webcam, front- firing speakers and an optional TV tuner provide a robust multimedia experience. Other features include AMD VISION processors and Radeon graphics and up to 2 TB of storage.

Keeping the environment in mind, the HP TouchSmart310 PC is ENERGY STAR qualified and meets the standards for silver registration in the Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT).

Companies and independent software vendors choose HP TouchSmart PCs
HP TouchSmart 9100 installations are in progress with iconic brands such as American Airlines Admirals Club lounges, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and the San Francisco 49ers, showcasing diverse touch technology business use cases for new markets.

In addition, the National Gallery of Canada is using HP TouchSmart PCs to create the industry's first interactive digital art catalog for antique photography, aiming to enhance the viewing experience for the museum's visitors.

The HP Interactive Solutions ISV Partner Program also continues to build momentum, offering a growing portfolio of touch-enabled applications within healthcare, hospitality, retail and education verticals.

HP Omni100 offers stylish simplicity 100 The sleek, all-in-one design of the HP Omni HD display, AMD VISION technology and up to 1 TB of storage. The PC also features the latest version of HP MediaSmart software, making it easier than ever to manage photos, videos and music.

Pricing and availability:
  • The HP TouchSmart310 desktop PC starts at $699.99 and is planned to be available Sept. 22 at HP Direct and at select retailers nationwide on Oct. 24.
  • The HP TouchSmart 600 desktop PC starts at $999.99 and is planned to be available Sept. 22 at HP Direct and at select retailers nationwide Oct. 24.
  • The HP TouchSmart tm2 notebook PC starts at $829.99 and is planned to be available Oct. 27 at HP Direct.
  • The HP Omni100 desktop PC starts at $499.99 is planned to be available Sept. 22 at HP Direct and at select retailers nationwide on Oct. 24.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I love my Tm2 lappy. The touch screen is out of this world due to the factor of having the ability to lay your arm on it while using the screen.. Multi touch is sweet for both the screen and the mouse pad.

I'd tell any artist that wants a tablet pc.. Tm2 is the way to go.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I prefer "touch productivity" over "touch experience". I await with interest...

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I prefer "touch productivity" over "touch experience". I await with interest...

Lets state this. I ordered the tm2 for the factor it could help me speed up my ordering at work. They gave me the Head supervisor spot but I still have to do my old stuff.. So, gotta place orders.. Boom, the tm2 has made me take a 2h effect, to 45m due to how fast and easy the touch screen is. don't have to worry about how my hand will be around the screen.. It recognizes my touch. Hell, in photoshop.. light touch, means light stroke.. The screen, after all, is developed by wacom.

WarEagleAU

Bird of Prey
System Name Pandemic 2020
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 "Gen 2" 2600X
Motherboard AsRock X470 Killer Promontory
Cooling CoolerMaster 240 RGB Master Cooler (Newegg Eggxpert)
Memory 32 GB Geil EVO Portenza DDR4 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video C
Storage WD 250 M.2, Corsair P500 M.2, OCZ Trion 500, WD Black 1TB, Assorted others.
Display(s) ASUS MG24UQ Gaming Monitor - 23.6" 4K UHD (3840x2160) , IPS, Adaptive Sync, DisplayWidget
Case Fractal Define R6 C
Audio Device(s) Realtek 5.1 Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RMX 850 Platinum PSU (Newegg Eggxpert)
Mouse Razer Death Adder
Keyboard Corsair K95 Mechanical & Corsair K65 Wired, Wireless, Bluetooth)
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I just love HPS touchscreen computers. I so want to get one for the kitchen just for the wow factor and able to check email and such.