• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Convert PDF to AutoCAD DWG?

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W
Software Windows 7 64-Bit
Occasionally we get sent an AutoCAD drawing for a project and then later on PDF with some changes done to the drawing. Were expected to go into AutoCAD and make the changes to make the DWG reflect the PDF sent to us. I started toying around with a PDF to DWG converter today but encountered a few issues with it. I should also mention that I am an AutoCAD novice at best and still have much learning to do.

Anyway, perhaps the biggest problem is the converted DWG feels...sluggish, while moving the mouse around in Model view compared to a natural DWG. I'm not sure why I'm having this lag issue, the converted DWG file is about 4-6 MB, which I thought was in the realm of normalcy.

Anyway, the program I'm using is from AutoDWG and is called "PDF to DWG Converter", I'm not sure if there is a better program out there or not. Also I'm using AutoCAD 2011. I'm far from an AutoCAD artist and looking for a simpler way to get the updated DWG files we need from these PDFs. Some of the changes take a lot of time to make, others seem complicated and currently undoable for me.

OrbitzXT

System Name AX-01
Processor Intel Core i5-2500K @3.7 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
Cooling Zalman 9700
Memory Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Video Card(s) GTX 590
Storage Intel X25-M
Display(s) 42" Samsung LED HDTV
Case Antec Twelve Hundred
Audio Device(s) HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1
Power Supply Kingwin 1000W