• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Patriot Launches Torqx TRB Solid-State Drives

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash and computer technology, today announced the immediate availability of the Torqx TRB series of solid-state-drives (SSDs). The Torqx TRB series of SSD offer improved system responsiveness with quicker boot times and shorter application loading times over traditional hard disk drive storage solutions.

Patriot's Torqx TRB series, available in 32GB and 64GB capacities, is designed around the latest generation controller from JMicron: JMF616. With a controller level cache of 64MB DDR2, the Torqx TRB series provide stutter-free performance and offer speeds of up to 260MB/s Read and up to 115MB/s Write. To maintain performance integrity over the life of the drive, the Torqx TRB series SSDs include native support for the TRIM command in Microsoft Windows 7.

"As solid-state drive technology advances, we are able to develop SSD solutions that provide the performance users want while reaching the affordable price points they demand. Patriot's objective is to offer the latest technology while providing the best performance and price options", states Les Henry, Vice President of Engineering at Patriot. "Our Torqx TRB family of SSDs meet these goals. Users upgrading with a Torqx TRB SSD will benefit from improved transfer rates, quicker boot times and the reliability of solid-state storage in their boot drive option. Including a Torqx SSD in your desktop or notebook upgrade plans provides one of the best bang-for-the buck improvements you can make to your system."

The Torqx TRB family of SSDs are durable and reliable, with an aluminum housing to minimize typical wear and tear. With NAND memory at their core, there are no moving parts to fail, or be damaged from daily use in portable computing solutions and system boot times are drastically reduced. Additionally, the Torqx TRB family of SSDs provide incredible performance, silent low-power operation and a 3-year warranty.

For more information on the Patriot Torqx TRB series of SSDs please visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Shroomiest One!
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock x570 Taichi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 2x16gb T-Create Expert 3600C14
Video Card(s) NVidia RTX 3090 Founder Edition
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2tb, 2 x Team Group MP34 4tb
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA NuAudio
Power Supply EVGA 1000w Supernova
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Pro
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
God I hate Patriot ssd's. I own a ps-100 that is absolute junk and a WarpV2 that was also junk. Unless its on a sandforce controller or something else a little more reliable I would stay far far far far away from patriot ssd's

bear jesus

System Name Gaming temp// HTPC
Processor AMD A6 5400k // A4 5300
Motherboard ASRock FM2A75 PRO4// ASRock FM2A55M-DGS
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-D1284 // stock phenom II HSF
Memory 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance // 4GB 1600mhz corsair vengeance low profile
Storage 64gb sandisk pulse SSD and 500gb HDD // 500gb HDD
Display(s) acer 22" 1680x1050
Power Supply Seasonic G-450 // Corsair CXM 430W
God I hate Patriot ssd's. I own a ps-100 that is absolute junk and a WarpV2 that was also junk. Unless its on a sandforce controller or something else a little more reliable I would stay far far far far away from patriot ssd's

Were they on he old jmicron controllers though? i know the old ones sucked but apparantly they fixed most of the problems with the new ones that i assume this is using "is designed around the latest generation controller from JMicron: JMF616" so i would hope this is not as bad as your experiance with their other drives, i admit though the problems with the old controllers have made me want to avoid even their new ones unless their sats 6gb/s can be proven to be better than the sandforce sata 6gb/s controllers.

Even the old controllers on Kingston V-Series were significantly improved. Plus they had no cache at all. This one is using new controller and 64MB of write cache. And since it's not Sandforce or Indilinx, it should be significantly cheaper as well.