• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Inno3D GeForce GTX 580 Pictured

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Who cares? Your obviously a heavy (place name here) fan as every other post out of you, you feel you need to defend the unamed company. You have people from both sides and people who just don't care, get over it. Half these people you label as "fans" have their reasons to have whatever hardware they have, what should it matter to you? If you feel slighted because this forum is "an AMD fanboy site" as you have stated previously (which it clearly isn't), maybe it's time you go find a pure Nvidia website so you can just post and agree with all the other members and live in harmony. It's obviously a GTX 480 shown in the picture and judging by what little we know about the cards performance it is a fully enabled GTX 480, most likely picked from better silicon with a few changes in cooling. It is what it is. Looking at the picture that I posted in the link you posted you'll notice it is exactly a GTX 480 layout. The only noticable difference is the lack of airflow holes in the PCB due to the new cooling design.

People can buy what ever the hell they feel like, im not telling anyone to buy anything. I have also stated tons of times before that i don't give a shit about the companies, they're just names that produce things i like, i don't try to defend anyone. And yes it clearly is, open your eyes, it is most definitely a much more AMD bias forum then anything else, of course there are fans of other companies on every site, but you can't deny the base users are heavy fans of said company for this forum, that's not speculation, that's fact.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
People can buy what ever the hell they feel like, im not telling anyone to buy anything. I have also stated tons of times before that i don't give a shit about the companies, they're just names that produce things i like, i don't try to defend anyone. And yes it clearly is, open your eyes, it is most definitely a much more AMD bias forum then anything else, of course there are fans of other companies on every site, but you can't deny the base users are heavy fans of said company for this forum, that's not speculation, that's fact.

If you don't care what people buy/use, then why should it matter? I see just as many users from one "side" than the other and that is fact. In the end it really doesn't matter as I'm not making any money from either.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
If you don't care what people buy/use, then why should it matter? I see just as many users from one "side" than the other and that is fact. In the end it really doesn't matter as I'm not making any money from either.

But i still don't understand how i'm caring about what people buy, i mean look at his post, that's what should be regulated on. Even if the actually GPU design is the same and it's already been proven that the cooler isn't the same from the 480, and even if it's a fully enabled 480, how does that post help me?, how does it contribute to knowing more about he card?. Fully enabled or not, a fake picture with some one saying ''hmm no way, if GTX 580 was used vapor chamber then why its look identical like GTX 480 ?'', what?, look at the damn video, look at some damn pictures, it's all laid out in front of you yet when someone address the fault in logic it's obviously no their fault.

That's just ri god damn diculous.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
That's just ri god damn diculous.

And likewise, so seems some of your posts. NO offense dude, that's just how it seems.

There is no perfect hardware. There is no "best choice". Likewise, it's just so unimportant...

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
And likewise, so seems some of your posts. NO offense dude, that's just how it seems.

There is no perfect hardware. There is no "best choice". Likewise, it's just so unimportant...

But how?, whats wrong with the posts.

And i agree, there is no perfect choice.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
You do come across as very nV-sided. Then, you come across as very ATi-sided. :laugh:

I just put it down to you having a choice of linguistics that is very emotionally charged. With that, regardless of your true personality, you do portray one that is quite excited, and "set in your ways", and that anything other than what you think, well, is stupid.

Again, I mean no offense what so ever, this is just my opinion of the impression you create. I'm actually a bit worse, anyway, because I think I'm more of a jerk than you are.. :laugh:

Anyway, i want soem real GTX580 benches, please. All I've seen so far are fake, including most that's in this thread.

:banghead:

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
You do come across as very nV-sided. Then, you come across as very ATi-sided. :laugh:

I just put it down to you having a choice of linguistics that is very emotionally charged. With that. regardless of your true personality, you do portray one that is quuite excited, and "set in your ways", and that anything other than what you think, well, is stupid.

Again, I mean no offense what so ever, this is just my opinion of the impression you create. I'm actually a bit wrorse, anyway, because I think I'm more of a jerk than you are.. :laugh:

I know it may seem like that, but that's because i am always portrayed like i'm constantly defending Nvidia, and that's because no one else does in most threads. I see a large portion of posts when i visit Nvidia based threads on a new product or new feature and it's always the same garbage and constant trolling that no one seems to notice or care. But i do, when i see that i speak out because no one else seems to see anything wrong. And again, i have owned AMD cards, Nvidia cards, i don't care, it's not a matter of what you have in your system, that's trival nonsense thinking to believe that a certain manufacturer is best. I never shoot anyones opinions down if they are well articulated thoughts.

cadaveca said:

Well of course, that's how i am, i appreciated both companies innovations and i side with both manufactures. There goal is the money in my pocket, and the one that can get it will get my props and appreciation. If i hear good news about any company, that's good news for all of us, so yes, i am multi-sided in that regard.:)

If i think someone is wrong about something, i address it, even if it seems like i'm defending a company.

System Name Chachamaru-IV | Retro Battlestation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Intel Pentium II 450MHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F Gaming | MSI MS-6116 (Intel 440BX chipset)
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4-3000 (16-20-20-38) | 512MB PC133 SDRAM
Video Card(s) nVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 FE | 3dfx Voodoo3 3000
Storage 1TB WD_Black SN850 NVME SSD (OS), Toshiba 3TB (Storage), Toshiba 3TB (Steam)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G5 27" @ 1440p144 & Dell P2312H @ 1080p60
Case SilverStone Seta A1 | Beige box
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-7 (Speakers), Creative Zen Hybrid headset | Sound Blaster AWE64
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2 | 250W ASETEC
Mouse Roccat Kone Air| Microsoft Serial Mouse v2.0A
Keyboard Vortex Race3 | Dell AT102W
Software Microsoft Windows 11 Pro | Microsoft Windows 98SE
I agree that nVidia does tend to get a lot of flack and nobody seems to care. It's like the whole M$ vs Apple debate. People bash Microsoft all the time and nobody cares because they are a huge corporate entity, but when people bash Apple it's like all the fanboys come out of the shadows and want your hide.

I'm an nVidia fan, based on personal experiences with both companies, but I'm not going to bash ATi and praise nVidia one-sidedly. nVidia have made a LOT of dumb decisions (calling this card a 580, for instance), but so have ATi/AMD. I give credit where credit is due, and bash when bashing is due. Then I go out and buy green. :p

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, I get it. Like i said, it's not anything "personal".

But at the same time...

Companies don't need people to defend them. Really, as a business, thier job is to get the most cash they can for htier products, so in essence, are screwing us all over. there's no good position when you side with that.

And that seems to be a big part of the market today...Both the 6-series and this GTX580 scream of being products introduced exactly along that line...

TSMC's process is really gonna limit what these businesses can bring to the table. Both the 6970, and the GTX580, are completely wasteful products...noone, really, should be buying them.

So when you defend a product like this...well...do you get where I'm going?

I'm quite openly an ATI fanboy. Even though I have nvidia high-end cards, I just plain and simple won't even talk about them. But even so, I'm quite clearly not defending ATI with any of thier products...quite the opposite, in fact.

All of these products are full of fail. ATi's side has Eyefinity, and after a year of using it, I can truly say it's garbage. Some people are happy with it, but myself, I cannot play games @ 30FPS.

So this card, might be enough, in a pair, to meet my needs. But...this card is gonna suck power like a hoover, and frankly, I think my hoover actually uses less than this card will.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
Yeah, I get it. Like i said, it's not anything "personal".

But at the same time...

Companies don't need people to defend them. Really, as a business, thier job is to get the most cash they can for htier products, so in essence, are screwing us all over. there's no good position when you side with that.

And that seems to be a big part of the market today...Both the 6-series and this GTX580 scream of being products introduced exactly along that line...

TSMC's process is really gonna limit what these businesses can bring to the table. Both the 6970, and the GTX580, are completely wasteful products...noone, really, should be buying them.

So when you defend a product like this...well...do you get where I'm going?

I'm quite openly an ATI fanboy. Even though I have nvidia high-end cards, I just plain and simple won't even talk about them. But even so, I'm quite clearly not defending ATI with any of thier products...quite the opposite, in fact.

All of these products are full of fail. ATi's side has Eyefinity, and after a year of using it, I can truly say it's garbage. Some people are happy with it, but myself, I cannot play games @ 30FPS.

So this card, might be enough, in a pair, to meet my needs. But...this card is gonna suck power like a hoover, and frankly, I think my hoover actually uses less than this card will.

Keep in mind, im not trying to defend them or anyone, of course they have marketing and are backed up my tons of cash to do the bidding for them.

But i see what you're saying.:)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
It quite interesting to me, the performance level we are at, and how poorly that performance gets used...

GPU makers make the most profit on these high-end cards. And as such, I feel that as a whole, we should be very critical of them. So let's do that.Bashing products, in good manners, serves a purpose, that i quite obviously don't need to explain.

ON the TPU teamspeak yesterday, we did a little benchmark compare. What that did, was highlight how poorly things scale over the years...

With my QX9650 @ 4.5ghz, and dual 3870x2's...I can run quite a few benchmarks within about 10% of a system with dual 470's, and an i7 860.

GPUs are exponetially faster than they were back then. But we have problems effectively using that power...because overall, cpu power has changed very little.

And with all of that in mind, noone really needs much more than a 470 or 460...it's artificial means that create the scenario that such power is needed.

So, this is one of the stupid products I have seen yet, in my opinion.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
It quite interesting to me, the performance level we are at, and how poorly that performance gets used...

GPU makers make the most profit on these high-end cards. And as such, I feel that as a whole, we should be very critical of them. So let's do that.Bashing products, in good manners, serves a purpose, that i quite obviously don't need to explain.

ON the TPU teamspeak yesterday, we did a little benchmark compare. What that did, was highlight how poorly things scale over the years...

With my QX9650 @ 4.5ghz, and dual 3870x2's...I can run quite a few benchmarks within about 10% of a system with dual 470's, and an i7 860.

GPUs are exponetially faster than they were back then. But we have problems effectively using that power...because overall, cpu power has changed very little.

And with all of that in mind, noone really needs much more than a 470 or 460...it's artificial means that create the scenario that such power is needed.

True

We really aren't getting the software to utilize the untapped potential of todays video cards and hardware, i think that really needs to change before we really start see a significant difference in performance. Hence a lot of us don't really care much about upgrading to the best, as it generally isn't exponentially faster then previous generations anyways. Cards like these play a big part to the enthusiast and benchmarker market though, a 10% increase is something to look forward to on that front.

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
I know it may seem like that, but that's because i am always portrayed like i'm constantly defending Nvidia, and that's because no one else does in most threads.

Welcome to my life. Wait until you get called an nVidia fanboy and an ATi fanboy in the same day.:rolleyes:

I've come to realize that people here will always call anyone that defends a company a fanboy for that company, and the people doing the calling are usually the fanboys(though sometimes a different kind of fanboy) themselves because they can't stand anyone defending any company they don't like.

And yes, there is a big trend here to bash anything nVidia moreso than ATi, though there is some ATi bashing going around sometimes as well. But when you look at the roots of the site, with ATitool and ATi Softmods bring the large portion of traffic to the site when it was just starting to grow it is understandable that a lot of the people around would favor ATi.

It isn't about how much power is needed, but how much power is wanted. As I said before, most people buying cards in this price class are doing it for e-peen not out of necessity.

Though I do find it odd that you say two 3870x2s perform similarly to two GTX470s. With a GTX480 close to 10% faster than a HD4870x2, and a GTX470 not far behind, and Quad-CrossFire scaling much worse than dual-SLi I don't see two HD3870x2s keeping up with two GTX470s. But then again, like you said, CPU technology might be the deciding factor here.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, it's all about cpu limits. Technically, 2x 3870x2 is less than single 5870(1320 shaders vs 1600), so should have been completely eclipsed by 2x470, but, of course, was not. The one thing to note is that the shader/memorycontroller ratio in 3870x2 is far different in quadfire than in current dual configs. ;)

Of course, in actually playability, 470s are far better, but they also feature technology, that while increasing visual "fidelity", actually very largely impacts performance.

When you've stepped over 60FPS consistently, so that your minimum FPS never goes below your monitor's true refresh, it's questionable how useful any extra speed is. So now we've got tech like NV Surround and Eyefinity to justify the extra performance/cost. The truth is hiding there, but many don't want to admit it.

If you hop on to the teamspeak, you'll find we actually kinda do this often...performance compares in real-time...bunch of us jump into a game, and check performance as we are all playing together....

It kinda gives a different perspective.

Jiraiya

W

wahdangun

That's because that picture is fake more likely and that video i posted is from Nvidia themselves.

Please don't tell me you actually think that picture is real.(then again you are a heavy AMD fan)

Go to the bottom of this thread: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Reference Design Graphics ... and you'll see some actual real pictures.

wew, i'm sorry i didn't know that pic was FAKE, i even build more computer with nvdia than AMD (because i have good deal on them). and i'm just stating my opinion so if you didn't agree please don't insult people.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
wew, i'm sorry i didn't know that pic was FAKE, i even build more computer with nvdia than AMD (because i have good deal on them). and i'm just stating my opinion so if you didn't agree please don't insult people.

Honestly wasn't trying to be mean, i just got tried of the constant one-sided bashing and said that out of frustration.

HillBeast

System Name Kuja
Processor Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H50 HB.o Special Edition with Koolance CHC-122 NB Block
Memory OCZ Extreme Edition 4GB Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X Rev. 2
Storage 2x 1TB WD Green in RAID
Display(s) BenQ V2400W
Case Lian Li PC-A17 HB.o Special Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 889A
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin Pro 800W
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores 93632 sysPoints in sysTest '09 47 FPS in Star Tales Benchmark

Why did the person who uploaded this censor out part of the idle Memory clock, Shader clock and the decimal on the Core clock? What magical secrets do those number enhold? I can understand blocking stuff like the code name and 3D clocks, but not the idle clocks.

Also looking at those temps, they're kinda disappointing on a 'refined' chip. My 5870 Vapor-X sits around 35C. 46C seems kinda of high to me. That's the temps of a GTX285 after it's been busy as my PhysX card.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
Cooling Corsair H70
Why did the person who uploaded this censor out part of the idle Memory clock, Shader clock and the decimal on the Core clock? What magical secrets do those number enhold? I can understand blocking stuff like the code name and 3D clocks, but not the idle clocks.

They also censored the fan speed on one of the pics lol.:confused:

HillBeast

System Name Kuja
Processor Intel Core i7 930
Motherboard Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
Cooling Corsair H50 HB.o Special Edition with Koolance CHC-122 NB Block
Memory OCZ Extreme Edition 4GB Dual Channel
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon 5870 Vapor-X Rev. 2
Storage 2x 1TB WD Green in RAID
Display(s) BenQ V2400W
Case Lian Li PC-A17 HB.o Special Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek 889A
Power Supply Gigabyte Odin Pro 800W
Software Windows 7 Professional
Benchmark Scores 93632 sysPoints in sysTest '09 47 FPS in Star Tales Benchmark

So, apparently those initial indications that GF110 was going to be 512bit was wrong. All these cards we've seen have had 1.5GB of RAM and a 384bit bus. Sounds a bit like all they did was fix the transistor leakage of a GF100 and hope all goes well.

Well lets hope it's not as fail as that unlocked GF100 which those people got their hands on which was only marginally faster than a 480SP GF100. That thing was only like 10FPS faster in the best of circumstances. Please tell me it's not, NVIDIA. I don't think I can bare you guys screwing up again. I used to like you.