• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wireless keyboard and mouse - Logitech G700 and K800 keyboard combo?

ShadowGA

Hi,

I currently own a Razer Lycosa keyboard and a Deathadder mouse. I've been quite happy with the Deathadder, and it is a very comfy mouse, so nothing to whine about in this matter. However, one of the side buttons has broken (it is stuck somehow). And regarding the keyboard the rubber has weared off quite a lot, especially the buttons I use for gaming are completely "naked".

I think it would be really cool to go wireless both for keyboard and mouse. It would be quite handy for me because I use a drawing tablet with my left hand (but mouse with my right hand), and therefore I often find myself moving my keyboard to the right side of my desk and that is quite annoying with the wires of both the mouse and keyboard getting in the way.

But I am also gaming (sometimes a lot, sometimes not at all), so I am really in doubt what keyboard and mouse I should get. Can a wireless keyboard satisfy my gaming needs? I do not care about macro keys, so I am only talking about ghosting or delay that could make it a bad experience.

Regarding the mouse I am tempted to buy a Razer Mamba since I like the Deathadder ergonomics so much, but I am a bit reluctant to spend that much on new Razer products since they do not appear to be that great in terms of build quality. My current Razer products are only approximately 2 years old.

I have been considering to get the Logitech G700 mouse instead, and a Logitech K800 Wireless Illuminated keyboard, or perhaps a DiNovo Edge.. but I am not sure if these keyboards would work properly for gaming? What do you think, do you have any alternatives?

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
well I can tell you just on the wireless mouse side. We have a MS Sidewinder X8. Very happy with it. My son's more into gaming than myself but I can assure you there's zero lag with it. Pricewise is much better than mamba, also it works way longer than mamba until needs to be recharged. The rechargable system is also great (you can google it and find out more). G700 is also more expensive but has more features. I think these are the only three good wireless mice in compatition.

Processor W3520 Xeon
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth X58
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Storage 60Gb Vertex II 500Gb storage
Display(s) LG 42LH40 42" 1080P
Case 932 HAF
Audio Device(s) Voices in my head
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Benchmark Scores Pretty High one's. but it's not a contest/ I just read them for the articles.
DiNovo Edge has really bad cust reviews... the mouse touch pad sucks but shouldn't be an issue with your setup. But, I would stay away from this one!

ShadowGA

Thanks for your replies.

I've heard quite good general stuff about the DiNovo Edge, but not really any gaming specific talk. Are you referring to such?
Regarding the touch pad I wouldn't use it. I am leaning towards the K800, but the keys seem to be a bit special because they got some kind of rounded edges.. Also I'd like to know if there are any ghosting issues with it? Would be quite bad if I got one and then realizing that I can't play games properly with it.

Regarding the X8, I've also looked at that one but I am not sure if I would like the ergonomics of it, it seems quite a bit different to what I'm used to. If it wasn't due to my bad experience with Razer build quality, and also the general opinion about this when searching on the web, the Mamba would really be a no-brainer for me as I like the shape, it's a gaming mouse and also being wireless (and doesn't look too much like a gaming mouse, I really dislike the Logitech gaming keyboards for example due all that gaming bling).

Processor W3520 Xeon
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth X58
Cooling Cool it Vantage
Memory 6gb Dominators
Video Card(s) GTX 460
Storage 60Gb Vertex II 500Gb storage
Display(s) LG 42LH40 42" 1080P
Case 932 HAF
Audio Device(s) Voices in my head
Power Supply Raidmax730/
Software Win7Pro64
Benchmark Scores Pretty High one's. but it's not a contest/ I just read them for the articles.
Logitech diNovo Edge 2-Tone 84 Normal Keys 9 Funct...

go to the feedback tab... tons of issues

i bought my wife the ps3 keyboard from logitech... she likes it and no connectivity issues at all... i don't like it's touchpad but you'll be using a mouse... you will need blue tooth for it to work though

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
you're right about the sidewinder. It has different ergonomics, Also take into account the weight which I assume is different.

Fourstaff

Staff member
System Name Orange! // ItchyHands
Processor 3570K // 10400F
Motherboard ASRock z77 Extreme4 // TUF Gaming B460M-Plus
Cooling Stock // Stock
Memory 2x4Gb 1600Mhz CL9 Corsair XMS3 // 2x8Gb 3200 Mhz XPG D41
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 // Asus TUF RTX 2070
Storage Samsung 840 250Gb // SX8200 480GB
Display(s) LG 22EA53VQ // Philips 275M QHD
Case NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange // Tecware Forge M
Power Supply Corsair CXM500w // CM MWE 600w
The sidewinder X8 is one huge mouse, unless you have big hands I would stay away from it. This is is coming from the user of its younger brother the X5. Personally, I would like my keyboard to be wired (cheaper, and you wouldn't move your kb around much anyway), and then get a nice wireless mouse. For mouse, I would take a look at Logitech MX Performance too.

ShadowGA

Actually I would like to be able to move my keyboard a bit around a bit, which is why I am looking into wireless models (I'd like to be able to put my keyboard where I would normally have my mouse so I can use it with my right hand while drawing with my left). I got no idea why it's most natural for me to use my right hand for the mouse even though I am left-handed.

This Lycosa is the first "gaming-keyboard" that I've had, and before that I have been using some very old non-gaming Microsoft keyboard. That worked well for my gaming. But it seems like Logitech has done something which makes their non-gaming keyboards not suited for gaming (pressing multiple buttons at once might not work)?

So my only worry is if the K800 will have trouble with pressing multiple buttons at once, all other "gaming" features of these gaming keyboards are not important for me :)

The Performance MX mouse looks nice, but I am not sure if it is ok for gaming? I don't know how big my hands would be considered to be, but the Deathadder fits perfectly to me, but I don't know if that is considered to be a mouse for small or big hands.

System Name Titan
Processor AMD FX-8350 4.6ghz
Motherboard AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Double D 7970 3gb
Storage Western Digital Green 2TB 64mb Cache/ Western Digital 500gb
Display(s) iMac Display 2560 x 1440
Case NZXT Switch 810 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Well for mice, since you currently own a Razer product, why not check out the Razer mamba or the brand new Razer Naga Imba, which is the Razer Naga that is both wire/wiredless. And you can change the naga around to fit your hand and change the colours for the mouse.

ShadowGA

Its just that my impression is that Razer products are not very durable and wear off / breaks quite easy (even though I handle my equipment with care, I am not slamming on the keys or throwing around with my stuff :p). And considering that they are quite expensive I would expect them to be able to last quite a lot more than 2 years.

The Naga got too many buttons, I think it looks a bit silly :) Though I wouldn't mind a couple of extra buttons, but the Naga is overkill in my opinion. The Logitech G700 seems like a good middle way, but I am not sure how it would feel compared with the Mamba and Deathadder in terms of ergonomics?

System Name Titan
Processor AMD FX-8350 4.6ghz
Motherboard AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Double D 7970 3gb
Storage Western Digital Green 2TB 64mb Cache/ Western Digital 500gb
Display(s) iMac Display 2560 x 1440
Case NZXT Switch 810 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64-bit
My gf currently is using the Naga, she has so for about 6 months now with no problem. Then again, she's a nursing major and plays when she gets the chance.

Main reason why she purchased it is because (lol) she has a hard time reaching the number keys since she has very small hands, so having the numbers right there makes it easy for her to switch weapons and what not.

Whenever I'm over to me it feels just fine and performs awesomely. Definitely when playing games like STALKER/Fallout3& NV/Oblivion/WoW...etc

ShadowGA

I dont think the Naga is the right mouse for me. It's ergonomics are probably much different than the Deathadder and Mamba anyways, so then I would rather try out the Logitech G700 since it also got quite a few buttons, but it is not as dominant as the Naga, and I think it still overall looks like a regular mouse.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
DiNovo Edge has really bad cust reviews... the mouse touch pad sucks but shouldn't be an issue with your setup. But, I would stay away from this one!

i have the dinovo edge, and its fantastic. excellent battery life and incredible range.

yes the touchpad is a bit fussy, but hell, its a TOUCHPAD. its no worse than any laptop touchpad.

it does work well for gaming, but keep in mind its not a rubber dome keyboard - its designed for a softer touch, so if you hammer away at your keyboard while gaming you will trash it fast.

almost all of those negative reviews on the egg are about a bad batch with broken touchpads.

ShadowGA

Mussels:
Can you press multiple keys at once? I read someone with problems pressing w+shift+space at the same time for example.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I don't know a lot aqbout gaming keyboards as I've never owned one (nor really needed one), but as far as the mouse goes, you could get a wireless one for everyday computing stuff and use a wired high-end one for twitch gaming. You can have them both connected at the same time.
I used to leave a wired one connected in case the batteries on my wireless died so I could just keep using the computer while the batteries recharged for the wireless.
I also had a Logitech that had its own recharging cradle. That was nice as the mouse recharged whenever you were not using the computer (so every day it got a recharge).
As far as models go, that's a personal reference. I prefer ergonomic keyboards (curved or split keys) and a relatively simple mouse (not a million buttons), but I am not a twitch gamer and don't really need fancy I/O devices.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Mussels:
Can you press multiple keys at once? I read someone with problems pressing w+shift+space at the same time for example.

no trouble with that combo, just typing. not sure about gaming as i rarely use it for that... these things still go for $250 Au plus at retail, so i treat it very gently.

ShadowGA

mussels:
Do you have any knowledge about the K800?

I've read that the K800 keys can be a bit "mushy" to type on, probably due to the rounded edges. I wouldn't mind not having backlit keys as the case for the dinovo edge, it's cool on the K800 but I think it's more cool than useful :)

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
Case Fractal Design R6
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
mussels:
Do you have any knowledge about the K800?

I've read that the K800 keys can be a bit "mushy" to type on, probably due to the rounded edges. I wouldn't mind not having backlit keys as the case for the dinovo edge, it's cool on the K800 but I think it's more cool than useful :)

no experience at all sorry.

I've had the dinovo for about a year so i've got a heap of experience with that, but i've owned few logitech keyboards in general.