• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What would you do with this hub?

MohawkAngel

I just have 2 computers in my room so im using my old D-Link WBR-1310 but I would use this for small lan parties between friends.

Anybody wanna be my friend??? Make reservation now only 23 places remaining:roll:

What would you do with this old hub? No configuration needed it handle the switching by itself.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
1) Take out the pcb with all the ports on it.
2) Pitch the rest (or maybe fill the case with dirt and use it to start early garden plants indoors).
3) Mod your case side panel so it looks like you have 24 ports built into your rig.
4) Tell people nothing is in them because it's terabit ethernet and you can't find any compatible devices for it.
5) Watch your e-peen grow to massive proportions.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
2) Pitch the rest (or maybe fill the case with dirt and use it to start early garden plan ts indoors).
3) Mod your case side panel so it looks like you have 24 ports built into your rig.
4) Tell people nothing is in them because it's terabit ethernet and you can't find any compatible devices for it.

This is hilarious! sorry Mohawk but kreij post was epic

MohawkAngel

It's ok dont worry i can take a joke without scalping someone :p but what you mean by e-peen ? :p Not natively speaking english bro hehehe

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Processor 2500K @ 4.5GHz 1.28V
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600 9-9-9-24 1T
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 470
Storage Crucial m4 128GB + Seagate RAID 1 (1TB x 2)
Display(s) Dell 22" 1680x1050 nothing special
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W
Software Windows 7 64bit Pro
2) Pitch the rest (or maybe fill the case with dirt and use it to start early garden plants indoors).

I typically skip directly to step 5... Anyway, nothing very special there with only 10mbs hub altough a LAN on that would still be fine if you didn't have to send any game updates/patches to everyone. Personally, I'd take out the PCB's and make them into wall art along with the rest of my completely obsolete parts. The power supply might actually be useful for some project. I'm assuming it takes 120/230 VAC input and maybe puts out 12VDC.

Edit: I assumed it was a switch, if it is truely only a hub then drop that sucker off a really tall bridge/building and watch the carnage. I've pitched an old CRT monitor from a car going 75mph before. It actually survived two pretty good bounces before its spectacular death with glass and plastic everywhere.

LGV

System Name outdated
Processor AM2 6400+ X2 black @stock
Motherboard MSI K9N SLI @ HOT (very, 65+)
Cooling air
Memory 4x2GB OCZ @stock
Video Card(s) 260 gtx
Storage Hitachi 650 / ssd corsair force 3//120
Display(s) 26''
Case Cooler Master Centurion
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX2/ Z5500 X2 :)
Power Supply Mushkin 1000W
Software Win7/64

MohawkAngel

No its a hub with uplink switchable to put another hub on it with straight and cross-over cable you just have to trigger the switch the way you want it. But since its a hub also you can put the incoming internet cable anywhere nad still have the 23 free other ports. I tested it.

Finally after reading the answers it could be good for a lan party poker game :p

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
At a LAN party, if everyone is connecting to a single server for the game, it will work just like a 10mb switch (a switch is really only advantagious if you have more than one source->destination pair ... although newer switches handle data throughput better than old ones).

You should be able to play any games fine.

LGV

System Name outdated
Processor AM2 6400+ X2 black @stock
Motherboard MSI K9N SLI @ HOT (very, 65+)
Cooling air
Memory 4x2GB OCZ @stock
Video Card(s) 260 gtx
Storage Hitachi 650 / ssd corsair force 3//120
Display(s) 26''
Case Cooler Master Centurion
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX2/ Z5500 X2 :)
Power Supply Mushkin 1000W
Software Win7/64
But since its a hub also you can put the incoming internet cable anywhere nad still have the 23 free other ports. I tested it.

Finally after reading the answers it could be good for a lan party poker game :p

you right, i ment minus you.

:toast: on poker off topic; can we play at pokerstar or replaypoker? woud be fun,
open techpowerup poker room ( replaypoker dos it) :laugh: may i open my first thread on general nonsens????

Poker clubbhouse anyone? for relax on TPU

Last edited: