• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

WCG Daily Numbers

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Not a bad weekend at all:)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Not a bad weekend at all:)

Nope, weekends have some crazy dips and we managed to say very close to the 2 million mark both days. :toast:

T

twilyth

Here is the graphical display for out recent team stats. Lookin' good Billy Ray.

And the raw stats

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Motherboard Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Storage Crucial M4 7mm 256GB
Display(s) 13"
Software Windows 8 Pro x64
Awesome results! 2Million should be our new permanent home!

The thing I find most amazing is that together we're outputting close to 2 years worth of runtime per day! That is a lot of research for the WCG team.

Proud to be one of you :toast:

Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh, WQHD Computer Monito
Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hey guys, I'm still very sick and with fever. I'd really appreciate if you guys can cover the updates for me. For those who have me on Facebook, you can reach me easier through there since I have notifications sent to my phone, other than that I really don't get on the PC much anymore, mostly just laying down in bed. :(

T

twilyth

Hey guys, I'm still very sick and with fever. I'd really appreciate if you guys can cover the updates for me. For those who have me on Facebook, you can reach me easier through there since I have notifications sent to my phone, other than that I really don't get on the PC much anymore, mostly just laying down in bed. :(

I've been doing pie and milestones. I'll give others the chance to do the daily numbers but will pick up the slack if it doesn't get done.

Please go see a doctor and make sure that you haven't developed strep, bronchitis or some other secondary bacterial infection. Remember what happened to Jim Hensen. It's worth the $100 or whatever it might cost you. Hell, if things are tight, I'm sure there are a few of us here who are willing and able to chip in. You deserve it, so go getter done. :slap: :toast:

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
I will try to help out with Daily Numbers

T

twilyth

I will try to help out with Daily Numbers

Thanks Hammer - and btw, I editted the milestones to give more proper recognition to everyone.

I forgot to mention - for anyone who has the flu - 2 things you need to do

1. Get tested to see what your vitamin D levels are. If you take a supplement, only take D3. Vit D is necessary for proper immune function and among other things is necessary for making cathelicidins. - an antimicrobial polypeptide. I was taking 400IU per day and my blood levels were still too low. Now I take 1000-2000IU (depending on whether or not I skip a day).

2. Get some zinc lozenges. Zinc has helped me fight off many bugs and is also necessary for a proper immune response. I like the Zand Elderberry lozenges but they're hard to find and a little pricey. A zinc supplement (chelated) will also do the job. Try to get the chelated kind (bound to an amino acid) rather than zinc salts.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Today's number:

1,876,015:toast::toast::toast:

Not bad, but we can do better:)

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Audio Device(s) On-board
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Our team numbers for the day:

T

twilyth

Yeah, a little disappointing, but we only have about 70 people returning working today. Not sure what that number normally is, but this only works out to a little over 20% of members. I wonder why that is. You see this on all teams I think. Maybe people have some problem with boinc on the default settings and uninstall. Or maybe people rebuild their system and just never get around to installing it again. It's too bad. If we had even half returning work every day we would probably be well over 2M ppd. Oh well.

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
I have to believe that it has something to do with the size of the work unit. Is that possibly a correct assumption?

T

twilyth

I have to believe that it has something to do with the size of the work unit. Is that possibly a correct assumption?

Maybe. I saw it went from like 22% before the final update to 26% after. Most people will have just one machine, probably a laptop. Since those are going to be single and dual rigs by and large not to mention running at lower clocks, I can see a wu taking more than 24 hours. But even so, that's not going to be everybody, so I have to believe that a lot of people just gave up on it at some point.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know how it could be researched.

stinger608

Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
You are probably correct, sad as it is. Is there a way we can contact the members that are not showing any increase in WU's? I have a way to mass email up to 1000 email addresses, so if I had a list of people that was not increasing in numbers, I could send them a little friendly invitation from the TPU WCG team to rejoin and help for the cause.

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Display(s) 13"
Take into account that the global member list includes people who've joined us from other teams to give a hand temporarily like RAMMIE, those who gave a lot and then stopped like D.Law and those who through one tough life event or another have had to stop altogether.

The biggest number I recall seeing was 89 active users in a day. But since it's not something we have a way of monitoring easily suppose can't say either if currently 70 is good or bad. Contacting these may help but dunno, think possibly the best is to keep getting new members, however long they stay. Could maybe organise something like a crunchathon to get interest and hopefully have some stay.

T

twilyth

You are probably correct, sad as it is. Is there a way we can contact the members that are not showing any increase in WU's? I have a way to mass email up to 1000 email addresses, so if I had a list of people that was not increasing in numbers, I could send them a little friendly invitation from the TPU WCG team to rejoin and help for the cause.
Well, we don't want to be too aggressive. I mean if somebody stops because of problems with boinc, all we can do is try to make them feel comfortable asking questions - even if a question has been asked a thousand times before. For some of us, this is almost a way of life, but we are a tiny minority. Most people will just install and forget so we have to be able to see things from different perspectives.
Take into account that the global member list includes people who've joined us from other teams to give a hand temporarily like RAMMIE, those who gave a lot and then stopped like D.Law and those who through one tough life event or another have had to stop altogether.

The biggest number I recall seeing was 89 active users in a day. But since it's not something we have a way of monitoring easily suppose can't say either if currently 70 is good or bad. Contacting these may help but dunno, think possibly the best is to keep getting new members, however long they stay. Could maybe organise something like a crunchathon to get interest and hopefully have some stay.

Not sure what you mean, but I think the people you mentioned actually left the team at some point - as opposed to just shutting down boinc or not reinstalling but not jumping to another team.

89 sounds kinda low too, but it gives me a frame of reference now so thank you. :toast:

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard ASSRockzz z77TOTHEEXTREME!!!!
Cooling bleh
Memory 2x4gb crucial 1866
Video Card(s) HD7770, yes it does BF3
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Case whats that, oh my table
Audio Device(s) stock onboard thing
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
i also think that contacticn people who is or isnt crunching could have a negative effect,

some people might feel pressured to crunch, and that is not good imo, this is volounteer work, no something you HAVE to do,

and as KieX says, some people just made an acc to help us, or joined from other teams, and then left again.

and as long as the number is the same or goes up by something its what matters

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Display(s) 13"
*snip*
Not sure what you mean, but I think the people you mentioned actually left the team at some point - as opposed to just shutting down boinc or not reinstalling but not jumping to another team.

89 sounds kinda low too, but it gives me a frame of reference now so thank you. :toast:

Just realised the number on Free-DC is not the all-time member list, but the currently joined members list. Sorry for confusion. In that case it means 230 or so are joined to the team but not returning results :(

Case Phanteks NV7
Software Windows 11 Pro
As far as having another contest, I might have a price rig, I gotta sort a few things out, I think it's time for another one, they usually have a very good turnout!

BinaryMage

System Name Igne Mortis
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) ASUS HD4850 TOP
Storage Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Dual 1280x1024
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550
As far as having another contest, I might have a price rig, I gotta sort a few things out, I think it's time for another one, they usually have a very good turnout!

A price rig? What is that? (sorry if this is a stupid question, I honestly don't know)

On the active members topic, another useful thing to check would be whether its mostly the same active members each day. or different ones. Many people probably don't have a dedicated cruncher, and maybe they didn't use their computer that day, or were gaming and turned off BOINC, or something else. A more useful statistic would be who hasn't connected to the WCG servers in a week or some moderately long period of time.

System Name Slick
Processor Intel i5 2467M
Memory 8GB Corsair Value
Display(s) 13"

stinger608

Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Well, we don't want to be too aggressive. I mean if somebody stops because of problems with boinc, all we can do is try to make them feel comfortable asking questions - even if a question has been asked a thousand times before. For some of us, this is almost a way of life, but we are a tiny minority. Most people will just install and forget so we have to be able to see things from different perspectives.

Oh I agree Twilyth. Contacting people can be a very touchy business, and the sender does not, as you said, be too aggressive. It would be more along the lines of a screen shot of the daily number, and how well we are doing in this awesome team, and how we can always use the input of fellow members. It would explain how even a simple single core system such as an older laptop still makes a difference, and how he or she is still a vital part of the TPU Crunching team:rockout:

i also think that contacticn people who is or isnt crunching could have a negative effect,

some people might feel pressured to crunch, and that is not good imo, this is volounteer work, no something you HAVE to do,

and as KieX says, some people just made an acc to help us, or joined from other teams, and then left again.

and as long as the number is the same or goes up by something its what matters

I agree 100% Don, however, see my answer to Twilyth above your quote. It would not be a "get your asses crunching" type of contact by any stretch of the imagination, it would be more of an invitation to see how this community is coming together for the betterment of health and well being. The contact letter would state that we knew he or she crunched for the team at some point, and we very much appreciated the effort, and just want him or her to take a look at what we have accomplished in the last day, month, or year. We could invite the recipient to take a look at our stats, and invite them to once again join our community team if he or she felt it was good for them. Explain that in no way are we attempting to persuade them to become an active part, however we sure would welcome him or her with open arms.

T

twilyth

I haven't done a pictorial daily stats update in a while and I like this photo so I figured, what the hell.

Looks like we might be edging back up to 2M - woo-hoo!!

T

twilyth

Oh I agree Twilyth. Contacting people can be a very touchy business, and the sender does not, as you said, be too aggressive. It would be more along the lines of a screen shot of the daily number, and how well we are doing in this awesome team, and how we can always use the input of fellow members. It would explain how even a simple single core system such as an older laptop still makes a difference, and how he or she is still a vital part of the TPU Crunching team:rockout:

I agree 100% Don, however, see my answer to Twilyth above your quote. It would not be a "get your asses crunching" type of contact by any stretch of the imagination, it would be more of an invitation to see how this community is coming together for the betterment of health and well being. The contact letter would state that we knew he or she crunched for the team at some point, and we very much appreciated the effort, and just want him or her to take a look at what we have accomplished in the last day, month, or year. We could invite the recipient to take a look at our stats, and invite them to once again join our community team if he or she felt it was good for them. Explain that in no way are we attempting to persuade them to become an active part, however we sure would welcome him or her with open arms.

If it's done right, with the right attitude and respect for whatever choice the person makes, something really low-key might be ok. CP would have to make that call though.

The thing is, even if we can tell definitively that someone isn't returning work any more (which I guess we could glean from the Free-DC team stats page), we still need to dig up an email address for each person. That puts it under Wiz's purview since he's the one who would have to actually send the emails. I don't think it would be appropriate to turn that sort of information over to anyone else.

IDK. This will require some thought.

BinaryMage

System Name Igne Mortis
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) ASUS HD4850 TOP
Storage Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Dual 1280x1024
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550
Background info:
World Community Grid Contest

(also an example of how awesome a team this is, when people help each other selflessly)

Wow, that's cool. Question, would I be eligible? I am above rank 75 on the team based on BOINC points (from other projects I previously participated in), but lower than 75 on WCG points...

If it's done right, with the right attitude and respect for whatever choice the person makes, something really low-key might be ok. CP would have to make that call though.

The thing is, even if we can tell definitively that someone isn't returning work any more (which I guess we could glean from the Free-DC team stats page), we still need to dig up an email address for each person. That puts it under Wiz's purview since he's the one who would have to actually send the emails. I don't think it would be appropriate to turn that sort of information over to anyone else.

IDK. This will require some thought.

Yeah, I agree. Hmm... is there any way we could send a mass email? -IDEA- Hey, maybe we could start a monthly newsletter. Tell people about upcoming contests, how our stats are doing, crunching tips, things WCG has accomplished, etc. That would be a great way to keep people involved without targeting, and also a lot of fun. I'd love to help with that. Thoughts?