• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bitcoins!

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
One last question, how much faster do you think it will degrade the GPU? I'm getting a new 5850 soon and I don't want to significantly reduce its life just for some extra cash.

To be honest, it depends on the card you have.

I know folders that have run some cards for ages and ages and had no issues.
Others have problems after only a month.

But like I said, if it fails within waranty your covered.

And warrantys normally last a year.

If things go well and bitcoins DON'T just die out ( only requires more people signing up and using them to not) you could make 2600 a year. - your electrical costs.

So if you card fails after warranty you can buy a new one with your profit anyway.

matteumayo

System Name derp
Processor Athlon II X4 2.8GHz
Motherboard ASROCK (exact model number not readily available)
Cooling Lots of fans?
Memory 4gb DDR3 G-Skill
Video Card(s) PowerColor 1gb 5850 hd
Storage 650gb Seagate
Display(s) Westington 19" 1440x900
Case Some Cooler Master case
Power Supply hec ORION 585w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
So the "others that have problems after one month" were they using lower-end cards or something?

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
So the "others that have problems after one month" were they using lower-end cards or something?

Mostly it would be down to bad luck, or an older componant.

Low end stuff should still be able to perform to it's specifications.

Sometimes it's due to overheating though, people don't normally run part of their systems for 100% all day, the ambient case temps could go up enough to increase temps of other parts of the card that normally are okay ( or parts of the motherboard)

Say mosfets for example, you could be running near the limit @ 100% load, but 100% load 24/7 may make case temps go up 5c and push things over the limit.

matteumayo

System Name derp
Processor Athlon II X4 2.8GHz
Motherboard ASROCK (exact model number not readily available)
Cooling Lots of fans?
Memory 4gb DDR3 G-Skill
Video Card(s) PowerColor 1gb 5850 hd
Storage 650gb Seagate
Display(s) Westington 19" 1440x900
Case Some Cooler Master case
Power Supply hec ORION 585w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Mostly it would be down to bad luck, or an older componant.

Low end stuff should still be able to perform to it's specifications.

Sometimes it's due to overheating though, people don't normally run part of their systems for 100% all day, the ambient case temps could go up enough to increase temps of other parts of the card that normally are okay ( or parts of the motherboard)

Say mosfets for example, you could be running near the limit @ 100% load, but 100% load 24/7 may make case temps go up 5c and push things over the limit.

Ah, that makes sense.

I should probably be fine temperature-wise, the 5850 won't be going over 65-70 degrees. It's also quite cold :laugh:

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
It is probably just my cynicism, and I am not saying it is the same thing, but...

This 'bitcoin' thing reminds me of WoW goldfarming.

Compute4Cash

@pantherx12 - Make sure you understand how the difficulty factor affects your generation rate and how the difficulty factor changes over time. This is a hugely important factor to include into your calculations. Right now it may look like Compute4Cash takes a large cut of the profits, but that is because of the risk that difficulty factor introduces into a bitcoin mining operation.

Here is a good site to help you understand this difficulty phenomenon: http://www.taters.net/btcgc.php

Based on recent generation rates, the difficulty factor is going to increase by 40% in the next few days, and then there will be another large adjustment about two weeks after that. I was a bit off before when I said it will double, but that is because this doubling will be split over the next two adjustments, not just the next one adjustment, due to the timing of the slashdot article. This means that your generation rate will drop by 40% in the next couple of days, and will be less than half of what it is right now in a little more than two weeks.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
@pantherx12 - Make sure you understand how the difficulty factor affects your generation rate and how the difficulty factor changes over time. This is a hugely important factor to include into your calculations. Right now it may look like Compute4Cash takes a large cut of the profits, but that is because of the risk that difficulty factor introduces into a bitcoin mining operation.

Here is a good site to help you understand this difficulty phenomenon: http://www.taters.net/btcgc.php

Based on recent generation rates, the difficulty factor is going to increase by 40% in the next few days, and then there will be another large adjustment about two weeks after that. I was a bit off before when I said it will double, but that is because this doubling will be split over the next two adjustments, not just the next one adjustment, due to the timing of the slashdot article. This means that your generation rate will drop by 40% in the next couple of days, and will be less than half of what it is right now in a little more than two weeks.

40% loss is still more than you pay out dude :laugh:

Especially after you go down to 10c again : ]

I've done plenty of math by the way, yes the stuff I've stated here is based on best case.

But you have to bare in mind, you not taking into account supply and demand.

Whilst the difficult rate is going up, I bet slowly but surely the value of a bitcoin will go up too.

After all, that's how ecomys work. ( if it doesn't fail of course, it's a risk, but a calculated one, just like your one eh?)

Excuse my spelling, 5 am in the morning and dyslexic do not a good combination make.

You have to bare in mind we know your using bitcoins now so if it's good enough for you why not others?

Hell I don't even need to subsidise, I can get gpus for very cheap and have already worked out what ones I get best bang for buck for.
( sorry if I came accross rude their, tired and cranky)

Last edited:

Compute4Cash

As Easy Rhino pointed out in the other thread, there is a good deal of risk involved in all of this. If you can handle it, and you are willing to play the game, then yes, you should be able to do what we do. Compute4Cash is intended for people who don't know about Bitcoin, people who don't want to know about all these details, and for those who just don't want to spend their time playing this game or expose themselves to any real risk of losing money.

Please do give it some more thought though before you buy hardware solely for bitcoin mining to make sure you really understand all the figures and the risks. Even at $0.15/kWh there is a very real possibility that you will not be able to pay off your hardware purchase. There really is a good reason that Compute4Cash takes a larger share than most other Bitcoin pools, and it is not greed - it is to offset this risk and provide a stable and easy to use service to our users.

Last edited:
System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
As Easy Rhino pointed out in the other thread, there is a good deal of risk involved in all of this. If you can handle it, and you are willing to play the game, then yes, you should be able to do what we do. Compute4Cash is intended for people who don't know about Bitcoin, people who don't want to know about all these details, and for those who just don't want to spend their time playing this game or expose themselves to any real risk of losing money.

Please do give it some more thought though before you buy hardware solely for bitcoin mining to make sure you really understand all the figures and the risks. Even at $0.15/kWh there is a very real possibility that you will not be able to pay off your hardware purchase. There really is a good reason that Compute4Cash takes a larger share than most other Bitcoin pools, and it is not greed - it is to offset this risk and provide a stable service to our users.

Aye I won't be investing in additional hardware ( cept what I already wanted anyway) unless I start making some decent amount of coinage per day :laugh:

Also, even with your system I could make £100 profit in each 6 month period. ( this is at 10c per wu)

If you didn't have a 600usd cap I would probably stick with your program for convience sake.

As I could just invest in another few 6870s. say 2 of them?

And make that money in 2 months instead, means after 2.5 months I could buy another.

And so on, every now and then buying a gpu :p until me yearly rate is actually decent.

But there is a cap so noy joy : [

Compute4Cash

Right, there is a $600 limit. We cannot pay more than $600 to any one Compute4Cash account or any deposit account in a year. If someone is really serious and is going to far exceed that figure with their Compute4Cash account or their deposit account then we will be willing to work with them to fill out the appropriate tax documents.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Right, there is a $600 limit. We cannot pay more than $600 to any one Compute4Cash account or any deposit account in a year. If someone is really serious and is going to far exceed that figure with their Compute4Cash account or their deposit account then we will be willing to work with them to fill out the appropriate tax documents.

tax documents? do you treat each person as contracted? how does that work with different laws per country?

Compute4Cash

For US users, if we were to pay one account more than $600 in a year then we would have to issue a W9 to collect the user's info so that we can issue a 1099-MISC at the end of the year, and then the user would have to file that 1099 with their taxes.

For international users, $600 is still the threshold, but we may have to use different forms to report the income. If we pay less than $600 to an international account then we do not have to issue any paperwork.

In every case, especially internationally, it is the user's responsibility to ensure they report the income to their government properly - international users will have to consult their tax laws to find out what is required in their country.

Compute4Cash has determined that it would be best to just avoid all this paperwork by not allowing any one account to receive more than $600 a year. We can make exceptions if it is worth the administrative overhead of all this tax law.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
For US users, if we were to pay one account more than $600 in a year then we would have to issue a W9 to collect the user's info so that we can issue a 1099-MISC at the end of the year, and then the user would have to file that 1099 with their taxes.

For international users, $600 is still the threshold, but we may have to use different forms to report the income. If we pay less than $600 to an international account then we do not have to issue any paperwork.

In every case, especially internationally, it is the user's responsibility to ensure they report the income to their government properly - international users will have to consult their tax laws to find out what is required in their country.

Compute4Cash has determined that it would be best to just avoid all this paperwork by not allowing any one account to receive more than $600 a year. We can make exceptions if it is worth the administrative overhead of all this tax law.

i cannot blame you there. the tax documents would be way to much hassle and make the whole thing pointless. i am glad i know though why you chose $600 limit though. it makes more sense now.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

Is there anyway you could wire the funds to Nigeria?

Compute4Cash

LOL! You're funny...

Sorry, but Compute4Cash is a legitimate US business and we will not engage in any sort of tax evasion. It just doesn't make sense to do so, there are better ways of handling these things.

If you're asking if we can do wire transfers in general, the answer is 'not right now'. If there is a demand for them we may look into it in the future.

Alright, well we're pretty far off from the original topic, so let's put an end to this thread-jacking ;) You can always email _s u_p+p__o_ r _t_@_ compute4cash.com with any questions you have and we'll answer them as soon as we can.

Last edited:
System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
@PantherX
I just started doing Bitcoin as well.

With a 5870 doing 305 M Hashes/s would it be better to go solo or join a Pool?

I have currently joined a pool but still considering going solo.

Are you going to join a pool?

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
@PantherX
I just started doing Bitcoin as well.

With a 5870 doing 305 M Hashes/s would it be better to go solo or join a Pool?

I have currently joined a pool but still considering going solo.

Are you going to join a pool?

Ahh got the gpu client set up nicely did you?

Doesn't work for me :laugh: rpcuserpass supposdely isn't set up although it is.

And I'm thinking of going solo.

Although at only a %2 hit with some of the pools why not.

I'm still in two minds about what is best myself actually :laugh:

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Case HAF X
Ahh got the gpu client set up nicely did you?

Doesn't work for me :laugh: rpcuserpass supposdely isn't set up although it is.

And I'm thinking of going solo.

Although at only a %2 hit with some of the pools why not.

I'm still in two minds about what is best myself actually :laugh:

Interesting, did you make your own batch? Also I thought the GPU client was for the pool only. Thus you must make an account with the pool and have your User and Pass match not only BitCoin but your account with the pool as well.

Idk I could have it all wrong but its working for me :)

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
Interesting, did you make your own batch? Also I thought the GPU client was for the pool only. Thus you must make an account with the pool and have your User and Pass match not only BitCoin but your account with the pool as well.

Idk I could have it all wrong but its working for me :)

I don't think it is, it would surely state clearly if that was the case.

Not seen anywhere that says a pool is required.

You are using python OpenCL bitcoin miner right?

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
I don't think it is, it would surely state clearly if that was the case.

Not seen anywhere that says a pool is required.

You are using python OpenCL bitcoin miner right?

m0mchil's GPU miner

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten
System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
Aye same one I'm trying.

I just don't know if the Pool or solo is the way to go and its bugging me :p

You can use this Bitcoin Generation Calculator to find out the probability you have of generating a block.

I could make 50 with in about 5 days, I just don't know how to calculate the pool yet. Someone on the site said the pool i'm in gives about 12 BTC a day. So, if true it would be roughly the same :/

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Software Windows ten

You can use this Bitcoin Generation Calculator to find out the probability you have of generating a block.

I could make 50 with in about 5 days, I just don't know how to calculate the pool yet. Someone on the site said the pool i'm in gives about 12 BTC a day. So, if true it would be roughly the same :/

Takes me 6 days to do the same. ( if I can get gpu client working grr)

I'm thinking those with high end cards, like us ( although mines technically marketed as gamer rather than high end) can probably stick to solo tbh.

Have you tried running without the pool set up to see if a pool is required for gpu client.

As that's the only thing I have different from you really.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
Takes me 6 days to do the same. ( if I can get gpu client working grr)

I'm thinking those with high end cards, like us ( although mines technically marketed as gamer rather than high end) can probably stick to solo tbh.

Have you tried running without the pool set up to see if a pool is required for gpu client.

As that's the only thing I have different from you really.

Well since I started in this pool I'm going to see how much I make in 5 days with the pool and then probably go solo and see how long it takes. Luck also plays a roll so it might take longer with solo. With the pool you can get coins faster (If I understand how it works correctly).

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

so 5 days to make something that may be worth 50$? you could make 6 times that just using your word processor to make flyers for a business.

there are plenty more profitible ways to use your rigs to make money trouble is a real job will always win out. (think benefits)