• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Is it possible to tell us how to make this patch ourselves so that we can patch any OS version and perhaps make fixes for the whole AVAST issue???

l33tlinuxh4x0r

if you have sli disabled you have problems under patch?

yes it crashes no matter what settings I have when I have avast and the patch installed.

However if I boot regular windows with the patch installed it works.

P.S. I'm running windows 7 sp1 x64

yes it crashes no matter what settings I have when I have avast and the patch installed.

However if I boot regular windows with the patch installed it works.

P.S. I'm running windows 7 sp1 x64

what kind of crash? give me a link to avast you have installed.

l33tlinuxh4x0r

l33tlinuxh4x0r

thanks. i'll take a look. if you have avast not installed you have no problems?

Without AVAST installed I have no problems that are caused by the patch as far as I know. However sometimes when I play lord of the rings online (LOTRO) my computer will lock up but no BSOD. I'm not sure if this is the patches fault though.

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Does anyone know of a way to add SLI certification to a bios (award bios) and then edit only one or two files?

System Name Black-Raptor
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X UD4 B3
Cooling CM Hyper 212 plus
Memory Corsair XMS3 8Gb
Video Card(s) SLI GTX 660Ti
Storage 500Gb Samsung, 80Gb Maxtor
Case Tt V3 Black Edition
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Recon3D
Power Supply Tt Toughpower XT 750w
Hi anatolymik, sorry to bother you again, I know you must be busy but I have living with this error for quite long now, so it’s time to make it stop, and you are the man for the job.

This is the description;
when I update my Windows (Windows 7 Home Premium x86) and the system ask me to reboot I always have to disconnect the internet otherwise I get BSOD, in fact I always have to disconnect the internet when I’m going to turn OFF my PC to avoid this incident.
This is the only issue that I’m getting with the SLI Patch since it was created, I have also try it all the versions since the v0.9beta with always the same result.
Sometimes the only fact of retire the Ethernet cable when the system is ON cause the BSOD, and that makes me feel the SLI Patch very unstable in my system

If you solve this, I can say the patch is perfect in my case
Here is the dump file and a screenshot of the BSOD

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jz5o90916t3y2c

For a network problem it is strange the BSOD is with atapi.sys? One idea you can try, open the network adapters properties in device manager, look under power management, try ticking / unticking the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" Maybe that can help?

Hi anatolymik, sorry to bother you again, I know you must be busy but I have living with this error for quite long now, so it’s time to make it stop, and you are the man for the job.

This is the description;
when I update my Windows (Windows 7 Home Premium x86) and the system ask me to reboot I always have to disconnect the internet otherwise I get BSOD, in fact I always have to disconnect the internet when I’m going to turn OFF my PC to avoid this incident.
This is the only issue that I’m getting with the SLI Patch since it was created, I have also try it all the versions since the v0.9beta with always the same result.
Sometimes the only fact of retire the Ethernet cable when the system is ON cause the BSOD, and that makes me feel the SLI Patch very unstable in my system

If you solve this, I can say the patch is perfect in my case
Here is the dump file and a screenshot of the BSOD

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jz5o90916t3y2c

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...30172281615_1459612156_32016798_6672709_n.jpg

if you boot under normal windows option you dont have any problems?

l33tlinuxh4x0r

I was wondering how to do the halmod as I have already patched my bios to report SLI certs.

Thanks in advance.

System Name Black-Raptor
Memory Corsair XMS3 8Gb
Case Tt V3 Black Edition
if you boot under normal windows option you dont have any problems?

That’s right mate, under normal windows boot I don’t have any problems, in fact that’s what I do, after a BSOD I simply boot in normal mode, delete manually the SLI boot option, uninstall the Geforce driver, reboot and then execute the SLI Patch again, once I get in the windows on SLI mode I reinstall the Forcewares and everything is back to normal, I can enjoy SLI again.

But as you can imagine this process became very annoying

That’s why I finally decide to steal some of your time.

Last edited:
That’s right mate, under normal windows boot I don’t have any problems, in fact that’s what I do, after a BSOD I simply boot in normal mode, delete manually the SLI boot option, uninstall the Geforce driver, reboot and then execute the SLI Patch again, once I get in the windows on SLI mode I reinstall the Forcewares and everything is back to normal, I can enjoy SLI again.

But as you can imagine this process became very annoying

That’s why I finally decide to steal some of your time.

you dont steal my time, you help me make patch better. it's ok. another question. after fail if you boot under patch again, what we'll you see?

System Name Black-Raptor
Memory Corsair XMS3 8Gb
Case Tt V3 Black Edition
you dont steal my time, you help me make patch better. it's ok. another question. after fail if you boot under patch again, what we'll you see?

If I try to boot under patch again I get infinites BSOD, so I have to do all the process that I describe you above.

I don’t have any clue of what could be happening, I can give you any information that you require, just ask me I will be following you.

If I try to boot under patch again I get infinites BSOD, so I have to do all the process that I describe you above.

I don’t have any clue of what could be happening, I can give you any information that you require, just ask me I will be following you.

infinite BSODs at boot time?

System Name Black-Raptor
Memory Corsair XMS3 8Gb
Case Tt V3 Black Edition
infinite BSODs at boot time?

I mean, after a BSOD I’m obligated to do all the process of reinstall the patch and the Forceware, otherwise I’m not be able to use SLI cause I keep getting BSODs.

l33tlinuxh4x0r

I got the patch working without the BSODs

What I did:

Hacked bios to have sli cert (not sure if this is necessary)
Installed windows and latest nvidia drivers
Installed SLIpatch
Disabled driver signing
Copied C:\Windows\System32\halsli.dll to hal.dll
Copied C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnp.exe to ntoskrnl.exe
Boot regular windows 7 without patch

SLI is enabled and no BSOD!!!

EDIT: I also have avast installed and I have no problems. :)

If you backed up your files which I recommend that you do backup the patched files and restore your original files then uninstall the patch. When done replace the original files with the patched ones again and you should be good to go without having the patch installed.

Last edited:

DeadlyDNA

Hello, thank you for your hard work on this patch!!!:toast:

I am currently experimenting with my SLI and an AMD 1090t 890fx setup.

I having an issue with the latest patch. Matter of fact the only patch i had working up until tonight was .9 b with 260.99 drivers. Even then it was very wierd at times.

Well after hours on end banging my head against the wall:banghead: i figured something out..

What doesnt work: any SLI patch and my 3 way 470gtx setup on a 890fx board.:mad:

What does work: Only enable SLI on 2 of the 3 cards.:confused:

I have a feeling the patch is possibly using an old or specific string that only allows 2 way sli?

Let me know what you need from me to help on, if this patch only supports 2 way SLI forgive me ignorance.

cpu AMD 1090t
mobo gigabyte 890fx-ud7
3 way 470gtx
sli hack build 33.23
nvidia drivers 266.58

l33tlinuxh4x0r

With the method that I posted you can also remove the testing watermark if you want to. just google remove testing watermark and download the patch. Enjoy!

Hello, thank you for your hard work on this patch!!!:toast:

I am currently experimenting with my SLI and an AMD 1090t 890fx setup.

I having an issue with the latest patch. Matter of fact the only patch i had working up until tonight was .9 b with 260.99 drivers. Even then it was very wierd at times.

Well after hours on end banging my head against the wall:banghead: i figured something out..

What doesnt work: any SLI patch and my 3 way 470gtx setup on a 890fx board.:mad:

What does work: Only enable SLI on 2 of the 3 cards.:confused:

I have a feeling the patch is possibly using an old or specific string that only allows 2 way sli?

Let me know what you need from me to help on, if this patch only supports 2 way SLI forgive me ignorance.

cpu AMD 1090t
mobo gigabyte 890fx-ud7
3 way 470gtx
sli hack build 33.23
nvidia drivers 266.58

did you have 3-way sli on 0.9b with 260.99 drivers? do you use sli bridge?