• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE v1.27 released!

here is the best bios i got
Powercoler 940/1100 mod to 3D 1.3v

Attachments

• Powercoller HD6870 940.1100 1.3v.zip
    40.4 KB · Views: 307
Will this enable more shaders or is it just for voltage and oc limits?

Thanks

It will only add a little 3D voltage and increase clocks and overdrive limits. 6850 shaders are lazer cut. There is a post above says that display port and hdmi does not work with 6870 BIOS. I didn't check that outputs.

Last edited:

bonzai_cyberninja

System Name Nautilus
Processor AMD FX 8350 @ 4.4
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Koolance 12038HBK-184 Fans
Memory 16 gig corsair ddr3 @ 1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte HD 7970GHZ
Storage Sandisk SSD extreme 240G, 2 x 3T Hitachi, Kingston SSD 128G
Display(s) ASUS 24"
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply 1000 Watt Seasonic Platinum
Software windows8 x64 Pro Edition
I am curious as to why we can only change the gpu voltage on the 6xxx series of cards, specificaly the 6870. and if there will be any eventual workaround for this. perhaps a custom driver or something similar that would enable the graphics card to be recognised?

I am also wondering if even though it may be possible to get clocks higher than 1100 on the gpu, is there any reason to be trying to go beyond this, seeing as rbe wont allow us any control over the memory voltage allowing for higher stable memory clocks over the 1200 zone?

Finally, this is more for bagzzlash, is there anything we can do to help you with further development of this wonderful tool?

MasterTB

System Name Byte_Me
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @4.114 hz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70
Cooling Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS 1600 DDR 7-8-7-20 x4GB
Video Card(s) 2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Storage WD Caviar Black Sata 6Gbps 1TB+2x 1TB Drives for Storage
Display(s) LG Flatron W2486L LED
Case hahaha, what? Old case, moded.
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer Pro
Power Supply Powercolor 750 PSU
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores It's fast... really fast.
I'm having trouble flashing a Sapphire HD 6870.
What ever I modify in the bios causes a BSOD on windows 7 x64 if the AMD drivers are installed.
Is there a workarround for this?
Or are this card out of the Overclock arena?

The settings I tried where:
clocks 970/1150
voltage 1.187 (obtained from trixx)
and a better fan curve.

Even though the flash was successful windows would BSOD as soon as I reinstalled the AMD drivers.
The card only worked as a standard vga card.

Any help??
Martin.-

2DividedbyZero

Even though the flash was successful windows would BSOD as soon as I reinstalled the AMD drivers.

Any help??
Martin.-

I had exactly the same problem with my 5970 - I found that if I reinstalled windows, it worked fine, but changing the clocks within the same OS install and just re-installing the gfx drivers make windows BSOD every time - kinda sux i know.

firstly try lower clocks when you flash, see if that works for you.

MasterTB

System Name Byte_Me
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @4.114 hz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70
Cooling Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS 1600 DDR 7-8-7-20 x4GB
Video Card(s) 2x Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
Storage WD Caviar Black Sata 6Gbps 1TB+2x 1TB Drives for Storage
Display(s) LG Flatron W2486L LED
Case hahaha, what? Old case, moded.
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty XtremeGamer Pro
Power Supply Powercolor 750 PSU
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores It's fast... really fast.
I had exactly the same problem with my 5970 - I found that if I reinstalled windows, it worked fine, but changing the clocks within the same OS install and just re-installing the gfx drivers make windows BSOD every time - kinda sux i know.

firstly try lower clocks when you flash, see if that works for you.

I have tried lower clocks, just the voltage and just the fan settings with no luck, BSOD every time.
I thought about reinstalling but I was hoping I had not to... damm AMD and their f...ked up drivers!

Oh, well....

PS is reinstalling a safe bet? I mean, what if the drivers are locked on what the card is "supposed" to run at and then I reinstall with the moded bios and get a BSOD again!?

Tough luck ah??
Martin.-

I have an Asus 6950 and all I did was download the Asus 6970 bios and flash it onto my card. I now have it running via the CCC @ 940/1375 completely stable after hours of benchmarking and gaming there has not been a single problem. I have a custom fan profile with Afterburner as trying to change the fan profile with RBE on the bios level broke my card and did not let it go into 3d clocks.

I now game and bench and never go over 62c with the stock fan and have better than 6970 power with my 6950!

I was wondering when RBE will be fixed so I can change my fan profile in the bios and not have it break my 3d clocks. That is ALL I want to do with RBE and I have done it with all of my past ATi cards as I hate using extra software to control the fan...

DJManiac

I was wondering when RBE will be fixed so I can change my fan profile in the bios and not have it break my 3d clocks. That is ALL I want to do with RBE and I have done it with all of my past ATi cards as I hate using extra software to control the fan...

Exactly my opinion! :) Only FAN control is missing in RBE for 6950/6970 then it will be perfect for me....

Qed

Processor Intel i7 920
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Cooling Corsair Hydro H50
Memory Corsaid Dominator 1600 6GB
Video Card(s) 3x ATI HD6950
Power Supply Corsair TX950
Software Windows 7 (64 bit)
Checking this thread, it seems there is no way to increase the overclock limit (using CCC) for an HD 6950, right?

Thanks.

Qed

Processor Intel i7 920
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Cooling Corsair Hydro H50
Memory Corsaid Dominator 1600 6GB
Video Card(s) 3x ATI HD6950
Power Supply Corsair TX950
Software Windows 7 (64 bit)
Last edited:
So are you able to read? :) Please read (really read) my post 72 of me... VID4 is 3D!

I'm sorry to contradict you but that's not what I get on my end... I need to change VID3, not VID4. My GC is a reference Gigabyte HD 6950. As such I perfectly understand Mirmendis post#73 and doubts, since stock settings establishes VID3 with the highest voltage (VID3=1.1V whereas VID4=1.065V) for a reference card. I don't know ziltch about ASUS BIOS tweaks, all I can say is that for reference cards VID3 has the highest V setting.

If I modify VID4, after a couple hours of gaming GPU-Z shows me that 1.175V is never used, only 1.1V (which is the VID3 value) - note the temperature though : that's another issue, after moding the fan in RBE, setting for automatic fan in CCC never gets over 28-30%, whatever I've set in RBE, and from now on I'm obliged to use CCC's manual fan setting to 50%, the automatic fan control is broken....

If I modify VID3 instead of VID4 (and also manually set fan to 50% in CCC but that doesn't change the voltage selection from what I've noticed with my experimentations), after a couple hours of gaming GPU-Z shows me that 1.175 has been used.

More over, I've cross-checked with log outputs from GPU-Z (click "log to file" in the Sensors tab), and they clearly show that when I'm playing a heavy 3D game, 880MHz/1375Mhz/1.175V (VDDC) jumps in only if it's VID3 that has been modified (if VID4 is modified it caps at 880MHz/1375Mhz/1.1V) - whereas at other times it's either the low or 2D (UVD Powerplay state 2) setting that is in use, as show in the following image.

Conclusion: I need to change VID3, not VID4, since VID3 values are taken into account when in "3D mode" - actually we should say "when in Powerplay state 1 Mode 3" to be exact... Unless I'm really missing something, in which case I'd appreciate any clue about what would be wrong with what I've just wrote and experimented...

To recap for others, here's the sole modification I did to get 1.175V in "heavy-duty" modes, without forgetting to set CCC's Power control settings slider to +20% : VID3 has been changed from 1100 mV to 1175mV and that's all.

Last edited:
Regarding my previous post, I have one question. Before trying to raise the voltage limit to 1.175V, I've noticed that I could still fluently run Crysis (all video settings to the max but without AA), using an OC of 880MHz/1375MHz/1.1V for 1536 unified shaders without modifying any voltage (look up the 1st image of previous post). Should I then revert back to stock voltage values, or would this render my OCs unavailable in the long run?

maluxc

flashing 4850

Heita, pls look at my saphire4850 flashed to 900/1300 @1.26 volts on a stock cooler with rbe.

Attachments

• gpuz.jpg
    gpuz.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 432
  • kombuster2.jpg
    kombuster2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 410
I'm having trouble flashing a Sapphire HD 6870.
What ever I modify in the bios causes a BSOD on windows 7 x64 if the AMD drivers are installed.
Is there a workarround for this?
Or are this card out of the Overclock arena?

The settings I tried where:
clocks 970/1150
voltage 1.187 (obtained from trixx)
and a better fan curve.

The card only worked as a standard vga card.

Any help??
Martin.-

The exact same problem for my HD6870. and I found this same issue in the other forums too. So any one can give the solutions???