• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Overclocking Radeon 6950 - what's the best you can get?

System Name Brutus
Processor i5 4690k @4.7Ghz (Watercooled)
Motherboard z97 MSI Gaming 5
Cooling NZXT Kraken x61 AIO watercooler
Memory Gskill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4gb) 1600mhz 7-8-7-24
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 980ti x2 (sli)
Storage 1 SSD 64GB (OS) + 2x500GB WesternDigital RAID 0
Display(s) YAMAKASI Catleap q270 SE 27inch Glossy 2560x1440
Case NZXT Phantom
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply Antec TPQ 1200w
Software Windows 7 (64 bit)
one superquick question, when I download msi ab, I get to files

1 is called afterburner setup and the other is called kombustor setup....

what's kombuster?

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
what is your voltage for you card? and I have 2 setup files when I download MSi ab... one's called afterburner setup and the other is called kombustor setup

do I need to install both?

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
in order to run msi AB do I have to shutdown CCC processes?

TimoX

Processor C2D E8400@4600
Motherboard DFI-Lanparty LP UT P45-T2RS
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8 gigs DDR1066 @1200
Video Card(s) HD6950, unlocked, 950/1450
Storage SSD, dual TB drives
Display(s) 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Rosewill RBR1000-M
Software Win7 and XP dual boot
it's up to you.
My recommendation is to tweak/adjust anything in CCC you need to, then disable it from startup, reboot, then it won't be running and you can do everything with AB.

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
I see there's a "shader clock speed" option in MSI AB... Do I leave that greyed out or am I to unlock it and adjust it?

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
oops... one little problem... MSI AB doesn't let me overclock my clock speeds further than the 6950 overdrive defaults (840/1325) why is that?

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
could that be because CCC is running?

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
With a 6950 modded bios which only has the unlocked shaders... Is it possible to raise the clock speeds higher than the CCC overdrive default limits for the radeon 6950???

After unlocking the radeon 6950 (via modded bios) I tried MSI afterburner to raise my clocks a little higher than the stock max (840/1325), but I can't because the slider won't let me go further in AB...

Must I mod the Bios again but this time via RBE, in order to change the clock limits??? pls help

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Do NOT touch the fan or clock adjustments.
You won't get back into windows without a bunch of work.
the driver reads the signature in the BIOS, and if it doesn't match, no bootie into windows.:laugh:

As for the voltages, on the clock settings tab, click the gpu register button to change voltages, NOT the drop downs under the clocks.
one of them, usually vid 3 or 4, if you have it will be the one to change.
it should be at 1100 right now.
To start, you could go 1175 (6970 default) and see how the card runs, and how the OC's go, then later, decide if you want to go higher.
gpuz won't change, since it's not reading off the card, but AB will show the changed voltage.
This guy clearly doesn't know how to use RBE and should not be using it at all. Everything he's said so far pertaining to RBE has been FUD.

It's exactly as I said before, DO NOT use RBE to find your overclock. EVER! If you flash settings too high or too low, you won't be able to boot into windows. (and no, it has nothing to do with the driver reading the signature in BIOS; sometimes you need to reinstall the driver after a flash, but the card should still boot to windows if your clock, voltage, and fan settings are right - that is, as long as the card isn't overheating, overclocked beyond stability, overvolted, etc.

This is why I said earlier to ALWAYS use software (MSI AB or other) to find your final stable overclock (RBE edits the Firmware of the card, and hence is not a purely software solution. It changes the programming on the card, or at least the programming on the card is changed when you flash the BIOS file to the card). After that's done, and you're sure it's 100% safe and stable, only then should you EVER touch RBE. Even then you need to check and doublecheck that you've changed the settings correctly before you flash, or when you restart, the card won't work (bricked).

It is, of course, 100% safe to use RBE to read about how the card is currently set up. In fact you can change anything you want, and nothing is done to the card whatsoever until you flash the card (this is when the changes are applied to the BIOS in the card itself, and if the settings are wrong - boy are you in trouble. Even if you flash the card and it seems like everything is fine, you won't know until you reboot, that's when the card reads its bios chip and applies the settings you've programmed into it)

one superquick question, when I download msi ab, I get to files

1 is called afterburner setup and the other is called kombustor setup....

what's kombuster?
Kombustor is a stress test I believe, haven't used it myself.

what is your voltage for you card? and I have 2 setup files when I download MSi ab... one's called afterburner setup and the other is called kombustor setup

do I need to install both?
Edit button mate, don't double post. ;)

in order to run msi AB do I have to shutdown CCC processes?
No. Having both CCC itself (specifically the overdrive section) open while AB is running can cause issues, though. There are specific reasons to disable CCC's background processes if you're attempting to do some odd things, but for what you're doing, you should be fine.

I see there's a "shader clock speed" option in MSI AB... Do I leave that greyed out or am I to unlock it and adjust it?
Unless the 6XXX series is different than all previous ATi cards (and they could be), then Shader clocks are locked to core clock and cannot be adjusted seperately like on nVidia cards.

oops... one little problem... MSI AB doesn't let me overclock my clock speeds further than the 6950 overdrive defaults (840/1325) why is that?
There's a *.ini file setting that you need to change, I don't remember what exactly, google it for the exact steps.

could that be because CCC is running?
Use the edit button, again. This doesn't need to be a separate post, and no, CCC won't interfere with that (in my experience)

With a 6950 modded bios which only has the unlocked shaders... Is it possible to raise the clock speeds higher than the CCC overdrive default limits for the radeon 6950???

After unlocking the radeon 6950 (via modded bios) I tried MSI afterburner to raise my clocks a little higher than the stock max (840/1325), but I can't because the slider won't let me go further in AB...

Must I mod the Bios again but this time via RBE, in order to change the clock limits??? pls help
No, it can be done that way, but there's just a single setting in Afterburner's files that you need to change. Repeatedly reposting a reworded version of the same thing you asked before is just going to piss people off who are trying to help you. Edit the original question to add your expanded query.

ALSO MSI AB does not alter the BIOS is any way, neither does the graphics driver, or CCC. I'm not sure if you meant you thought that they did, or just were talking about when you unlocked your shaders. It's important to know the difference.

Learn to use the edit button to add to your previous posts, or you'll have the righteous fury of the moderators raining down on you soon :rolleyes:
From the stickied rules post at the top of this forum: I've highlighted the specific issues I see here.
Below are some steps you should follow before asking for help, in order to get you the best help possible.

here are some basic suggestions that apply to the ENTIRE forum when asking for help
  • No XXX card Vs. XXX card threads. There are reviews a plenty with the information you need to make an informed purchase.
  • Leave news posting to our news posters. We don't need threads with news articles from other websites. Especially from "FUD" websites. These threads will be locked or moved to general nonsense.
  • Come up with a proper thread title. "help!" "i broke it" and so on are no good. People will not click the thread link without knowing what its about.
  • Use proper spelling and grammar. If english is not your first language, get someone better than you to proof read it. We cannot help you if we cant understand you.
  • Fill out your user specifications here. Make sure you change the drop down box to "yes"
  • Wait for a response. Dont add needless posts asking for help such as "is anybody there?". It merely annoys people, so they wont bother to help you.
  • If you have more information to add, use the edit button and edit the first post. New people to the thread read the first post and may offer help not realising you've added more details further on.
  • List your problem in a clear and concise manner. See below for a good example and a bad example
  • Search for other people with the same problem in google. There could be an easy fix that has already been stated somewhere.
  • If you find another thread here on TPU with a similar problem, but NOT the same do not post your issue there. Start a new thread. Simply because it has something in common, does not mean its the same problem, nor does it mean it will have the same solution.
  • Be polite. no ones going to help you if you arent nice to them. If people arent nice to YOU, ignore them and hit the "report post" button underneath their name.

Also, you have two threads running about the same issues. That's a big no-no. It's polite to not hijack someone else's thread about a similar subject, but running two of your own is generally taboo unless they are about significantly different issues

Last edited:

TimoX

Processor C2D E8400@4600
Motherboard DFI-Lanparty LP UT P45-T2RS
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8 gigs DDR1066 @1200
Video Card(s) HD6950, unlocked, 950/1450
Storage SSD, dual TB drives
Display(s) 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC
Case CM HAF 932
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Power Supply Rosewill RBR1000-M
Software Win7 and XP dual boot
Originally Posted by TimoX
Do NOT touch the fan or clock adjustments.
You won't get back into windows without a bunch of work.
the driver reads the signature in the BIOS, and if it doesn't match, no bootie into windows.

Originally Posted by m4gicfour
This guy clearly doesn't know how to use RBE and should not be using it at all. Everything he's said so far pertaining to RBE has been FUD.

It's exactly as I said before, DO NOT use RBE to find your overclock. EVER! If you flash settings too high or too low, you won't be able to boot into windows. (and no, it has nothing to do with the driver reading the signature in BIOS; sometimes you need to reinstall the driver after a flash, but the card should still boot to windows if your clock, voltage, and fan settings are right - that is, as long as the card isn't overheating, overclocked beyond stability, overvolted, etc.

Really?

The OP doesn't understand things as it is, and now you are giving him more bad advice???

First, I told him NOT to touch clocks in RBE.
Second YES, it does have to do with digital signatures and how the driver reads them:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137780
post #6.
This is straight from the man who wrote RBE.
Here's the quote:"I'm sorry I have to contradict: RBE v1.27 will (hopefully) support voltage control for 69x0 cards (among other things), but clock setting is still an issue because ATI introduced a new nagging BIOS clocking protection into their drivers. "

Not only that, I've tested the specific driver file that handles that and confirmed it. Plus without the atikmdag.sys driver installed, I can change clocks in RBE and get into windows, but the minute that driver file is installed, even manually without any other software, it cause windows to hang because of a mismatch.
I've even dropped an older version of atikmdag.sys into the install folder for the 11.4 drivers and got a full install and boot into windows with clocks tweaked in RBE because that file didn't recognize the 6950 card, but since it didn't recognize it, it didn't allow 3D apps to run.

Not too mention you're unfamiliar with Kombuster, weren't quite sure about the shader slider on 6xxx cards, and didn't quite know what steps were needed to even unlock the .cfg file, not .ini file for AB.

But hey, since I don't seem to know much, come here and take over:rolleyes:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141858

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
alright, so if I don't get this right, I'm supposed to toy with a .cfg file to unlock the sliders in MSI AB? any chance someone knows which one?

And thx for all the info, I wish I could just get myself another 6950 and crossfire, and we wouldn't even be talking about this... But I'm a guy who likes to get the most out of his buck...

and in this case, those video cards aren't free. So when I heard I could get a performance out of my 6950 that almost matches the 6970, I was really glad. But the more I read and ask questions about the 6950 overclocking methods... the more I get confused and more importantly... scared that the little bit of extra performance I would get would cost hardware life expectancy :O)

I'm not about to play with my 6950 bios... Unlocking the shaders seems enough. I could overclock like crazy, but I've seen that screenshot of your Fan Curve timox and tried it, and OMG the fan is so noisy... Obviously, this might have to do with the fact that's it getting hotter where I live... close to 26 degrees celsius in my office...

well, for now I'll stick to CCC overdrive. I'll do some more reading about how to unlock those mhz/mhz clocks without having to turn the earth over lolzzz

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Really?

The OP doesn't understand things as it is, and now you are giving him more bad advice???

First, I told him NOT to touch clocks in RBE.
Second YES, it does have to do with digital signatures and how the driver reads them:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137780
post #6.
This is straight from the man who wrote RBE.
Here's the quote:"I'm sorry I have to contradict: RBE v1.27 will (hopefully) support voltage control for 69x0 cards (among other things), but clock setting is still an issue because ATI introduced a new nagging BIOS clocking protection into their drivers. "

Not only that, I've tested the specific driver file that handles that and confirmed it. Plus without the atikmdag.sys driver installed, I can change clocks in RBE and get into windows, but the minute that driver file is installed, even manually without any other software, it cause windows to hang because of a mismatch.
I've even dropped an older version of atikmdag.sys into the install folder for the 11.4 drivers and got a full install and boot into windows with clocks tweaked in RBE because that file didn't recognize the 6950 card, but since it didn't recognize it, it didn't allow 3D apps to run.

Ok. So I was wrong in this specific case. Acknowledged.

All previous experience, and indeed; instructions, guides, and knowledge passed forth from BAGZZlash himself have said otherwise. This is a new issue, which I was not aware of, and in this case I am wrong. There have been changes (ri-god-damn-diculous changes if you ask me) to the way the driver handles the BIOS signature. Changes which have happened for a card generation I do not own. Thanks for providing source, and solid info.

Not too mention you're unfamiliar with Kombuster, weren't quite sure about the shader slider on 6xxx cards, and didn't quite know what steps were needed to even unlock the .cfg file, not .ini file for AB.

But hey, since I don't seem to know much, come here and take over:rolleyes:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141858

1: I'm unfamiliar with Kombuster because I don't use the damn software. What does that have to do with the issue about RBE? I don't even use MSI afterburner at all apart from a couple times I needed it for troubleshooting. I did say I didn't know since I hadn't used it, and made no attempt to provide knowledge I don't have about it.

2. Wasn't sure about the shaders... Again, I don't own a 6xxx series, and I said so, and have made no attempt to appear as if I know something I don't. Everything I said is true related to this. I said UNLESS the 6XXX series is different... in other words: I don't know for sure, someone who does know please chime in.

3. *.cfg vs *.ini Really? They're the same thing programmatically. It's a text based settings file read at run time. See #1. I provided enough info for him to figure it out. Where were you with the instructions to help?

I'm not an idiot, I was ignorant of a *new* issue on cards I don't own. In this case I was wrong, you were right. It would have been nice if you had provided that source for why he shouldn't be playing with RBE at the start, for his benefit and mine as well as anyone arriving here from google, instead of waiting for me to call you out on it and then being argumentative about it.

Your point's been made. I've acknowledged it. Let's move on.

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
One more question: What are safe temps for Radeon 6950?

I've heard different opinions... I know that the CCC automatic fan mode tends to get aggressive when the card reaches the 102 celsius degrees...

VERY IMPORTANT: Keep in mind this is a 6950 radeon... Please don't give me advice if you don't have solid knowledge of this card in particular...

I try to stay below the 80 degrees. But I've heard that damage to the card could start around 90 degrees... Is this correct???

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I try to stay below the 80 degrees. But I've heard that damage to the card could start around 90 degrees... Is this correct???

No, it is NOT correct, or my card would be dead. Normal load temps are 90c, fan will spin up faster @ 90c, then spin back down when temps hit 89c, but it doesn't even go "full fanspeed" until like 100c.

Usualy ASIC temp max is about 105c. Card will throttle if it's reaching "dangerous" temps.

Gigabyte 6950 w/unlocked shaders
900/1375 @ stock voltage w/fan set to 50%
In games I've never seen it above 68c, in furmark it peaks at 72c.

I haven't tried for higher yet.... Maybe once Rift slows down.

System Name Iam-a-computah
Processor i9 9900k @5 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros z390x
Cooling Custom water loop, x2 280 radiators
Memory 16gb Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 TI FE 11gb WC
Storage SSD: 256gb Samsung 840pro & HHD: WD black 2T
Display(s) LG 34" UW screen
Case EVGA DG-86
Audio Device(s) Creative x-FI
Power Supply EVGA super NOVA 1300wtt
Keyboard G710
Software W 10
I've successfully OC'ed my 6950's by reading this post. Thank a lot you guys!

and for those who does not know how to unlock OC in MSI's AB, followe these steps:

To enable the unofficial overclocking in this version it is necessary to edit the MSIAfterburner.cfg file located in the installation directory of AfterBurner (typically Program Files (x86) MSI Afterburner):

You need to alter the following:

-Seek UnofficialOverclockingEULA field and add following text:
I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
-Set UnofficialOverclockingMode to 1 to keep PowerPlay active (may not work on old ASICs), 2 to traditionally disable PowerPlay or to 0 to temporary disable unofficial overclocking path

Using the unofficial overclock method opens up more freedom in terms of voltages and clock ranges, it however also can open a can of worms in terms of stability or weird issues.

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
Sigh...
warup89, you don't need to enable that if you use the RacerX tool that I listed "To bypass CCC limits" in post #2 of this thread.

Case EVGA DG-86
Keyboard G710
Software W 10
Sigh...
warup89, you don't need to enable that if you use the RacerX tool that I listed "To bypass CCC limits" in post #2 of this thread.

Oh I know, right now though, I'm just trying to find out the best OC I can get trough AB, after that I will use that tool to keep like firm. A thing that concerns me though, is that I'm also modifying the core voltage and I think the only way to keep that is trough BIOS.

System Name inferKNIGHT
Processor Intel Core i5-4590
Motherboard MSI Z97i Gaming AC
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 2 x 4GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer (R/G)
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 3.5GB (+0.5GB? o.O)
Storage 1 x 256GB Cricial M550, 1 x 2TB Samsung 7200.12
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T260
Case Corsair Obsidian 250D
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Software Windows 8.1.1 pro x64
Oh I know, right now though, I'm just trying to find out the best OC I can get trough AB, after that I will use that tool to keep like firm. A thing that concerns me though, is that I'm also modifying the core voltage and I think the only way to keep that is trough BIOS.
Okay, that's the same thing I did. However, you should know that some people are getting less stability when they remove CCC limits using AfterBurner.
Please can you clarify the highlighted text because I'm not following.

System Name Brutus
Case NZXT Phantom
Ok, guys I'm back after some more reading and understanding on how the 6950 works. Thx for all your tips up to now...

Now... what I need to clarify with yall is "how to unlock the 6950 speed and voltages" (without flashing my card to the 6970 bios).

Inferknox, you've listed some links for this. Thank you very much :O) I would like to know what you guys have done to unlock the speed and voltages. I've heard of a lot of different ways...

Also, I would like to know if any of you have had permanent damage to your cards since you've started tweaking and overclocking them pls.

Thx for eveything guys, really appreciate it

System Name ROG 7900X3d By purecain
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling Noctua NH U12A
Memory 64Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 neo RGB 6400@6000mhz@1.41v
Video Card(s) Aorus RTX4090 Extreme Waterforce
Storage 990Pro2Tb-1TbSamsung Evo M.2/ 2TbSamsung QVO/ 1TbSamsung Evo780/ 120gbKingston Now
Display(s) LG 65UN85006LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV
Case Thermaltake CoreX71 Limited Edition Etched Tempered Glass Door
Audio Device(s) On board/NIcomplete audio 6
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS 1000w 80+
Mouse M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard K95 RGB Platinum
Software Windows11pro
Benchmark Scores [url=https://valid.x86.fr/gtle1y][img]https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/gtle1y-6.png[/img][/url]
dude, the best way to oc your card is through ccc.
change the limits with the asus tool or the other mentioned earlier.
i personally flashed an asus bios and used their tool to change max oc,then promptly uninstalled it.
and to finish, i installed rbe and edited the voltage +.125...done....

never need to use any software other than ccc.....no messing about... been stable since release on true 6970....
good luck...

Case EVGA DG-86
Keyboard G710
Software W 10
Hey guys, Im having a bit of a problem with my OC, I used MSI AB but when i set to OC at start up my PC will BSOD. I also tried the CCC fix to OC via overdrive but it only changes the slider limits for one card, and I have to set my voltage trough the card's BIOS, so I guess it would require a flash.

Instead of having this unstable software OC, could I just mod my bios trough RBE and flash my cards back with the modded clocks? do you guys recommend this?

-PS I already found my stable settings [950/1350 1.25]

EDIT:
I haven't used RBE in a while, but I do know the basics.

-Can I just changed the 3D settings?

-Is that the only voltage setting I have to worry about and can I just type "1.250"?

-Can I use the Look up table in the Fan settings to set a custom fan profile?

Last edited:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hey guys, Im having a bit of a problem with my OC, I used MSI AB but when i set to OC at start up my PC will BSOD. I also tried the CCC fix to OC via overdrive but it only changes the slider limits for one card, and I have to set my voltage trough the card's BIOS, so I guess it would require a flash.

Instead of having this unstable software OC, could I just mod my bios trough RBE and flash my cards back with the modded clocks? do you guys recommend this?

-PS I already found my stable settings [950/1350 1.25]

EDIT:
I haven't used RBE in a while, but I do know the basics.

-Can I just changed the 3D settings?
Code:

-Is that the only voltage setting I have to worry about and can I just type "1.250"?

-Can I use the Look up table in the Fan settings to set a custom fan profile?
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/5685253751_7caebb7420_z.jpg
If you already found a stable overclock, why need to change anything? If MSI AB gives a bsod when you apply an overclock, uninstall MSI AB fully, reboot, and reinstall.