• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower

Hi all,

First post here.

I have been waiting for this case for a long time! Great to see techPowerUp review it. One big question I have though is this:

Will the case fit two 6970s in crossfire? It looks like you would have to remove the middle HDD cage to fit the top video card, but then you'd still have a problem with the bottom fixed cage for the second video card.

Thanks

WrongTarget

Hi all,

First post here.

I have been waiting for this case for a long time! Great to see techPowerUp review it. One big question I have though is this:

Will the case fit two 6970s in crossfire? It looks like you would have to remove the middle HDD cage to fit the top video card, but then you'd still have a problem with the bottom fixed cage for the second video card.

Thanks

Yes they will fit (actually with some room to spare) without removing the drive bay, I've seen the case equipped with a GTX590, which is about the same length (or a slightly longer card) as HD6970, and there was a centimeter or two left to the HDD-cage.

However a HD6990 will not fit without the removal of the top drive bay.

Processor i7 2600k 4.6ghz
Motherboard ASROCK Z68 extreme7 gen3
Cooling NZXT HAVIK140
Memory Kingston Kit 16 GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 670 DC2
Storage OCZ agility 3 120gb, HDD 1TB SAMSUNG SATA300 32MB
Display(s) Monitor LED ASUS VE228D
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower
Power Supply 850W NZXT HALE90 80+ GOLD MODULAR
Software windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
this case it's fantastic i am getting unbelievable low temps with it