• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cleaning Fail - Wlan Card Fail To Find Resources

So was doing a routine clean of inside of my pc (also decided to apply new thermal paste... what has made no difference whatsoever but never mind about that) as I do I removed most the components except the motherboard and hard drives so the WLan card came out too well now I've put everything back and the card can't start due to not being able to find enough free resources (code 12)... what would be the solution to this?

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
A few questions for your question:

Did you use any cleaning solution for any of the job? ...including replacing thermal paste. (...asking because I once splashed fluid on ram slots and it took a while to figure that one out. Lots of intermittent problems... With a careful cleaning, system was humming along again. )

Add any new peripherals?

I used Akasa TIM Cleaner & AC MX-4 paste which I thought both was non-conductive. I actually brought those for that very reason.

I'm thinking it's some software error as I've un-installed the software & driver and went to do a re-install but now I'm unable to - this is without the WLan card plugged in the rig.

EDIT:

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
Didn't reset BIOS/remove battery while you was cleaning did you?

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
I used Akasa TIM Cleaner & AC MX-4 paste which I thought both was non-conductive. I actually brought those for that very reason.

I'm thinking it's some software error as I've un-installed the software & driver and went to do a re-install but now I'm unable to - this is without the WLan card plugged in the rig.

EDIT:

http://img.techpowerup.org/110613/Capture009.jpg

I've seen many wireless adapters/etc. require a certain order of installation... such as you have to install the drivers BEFORE installing the hardware, or your screwed. I'd blame it on poor driver architecture, or limitations on driver installation with windows, or both.

You may need to try pluggin the card back in, reinstalling, take it out, reinstall, etc.

I'm at a loss why the system cleaning started the problem - did you boot up the system with the WLan card removed after you cleaned it?

Any help forums you can find for your WLan card?

Well after all those hours of pondering what I did wrong it turned out to be as Sasqui said... Stupid requirements when installing the card + driver, as for why it went kaput in the first place I'll go with you too on that again Sasqui... poor driver architecture and partly was due to me using a virtual drive which didn't auto load on reboot... so a number of things really :/ + been quiet side tracked. However thanks for the help guys :toast:

Melvin01

If you are finding any remedies to get your cleaning work done, then you can definitely go for the professional cleaning experts. These experts would help you to clean the things using new technologies which would help to restore the cleaned product for longer time.