• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
I'd love to play 2143 with the new tech. I miss the future weapons and TITAN gameplay. 2142 was all about cool gadgets while still blowing shit up BF style.

I miss my Walker, Lambert Carbine, and the RDX (C4) Shotgun. The RDX Shotgun was a terrible weapon, but it was so fun to use.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Note Kurgan you can still play El Alamein in the BF2 WW2 mod Forgotten Hope 2 but they're arent a lot of players (and it was part of the first now old release of N Africa Campaign maps) so it's especially difficult to find a good match on that map these days. Though there is a "coop" server where the enemy team is a shitload of bots and it's in the rotation there. AI is dumb as rocks though as you probably remember. Speaking of which, The Battle of The Bulge era and Eastern Front is about to come out, pretty stoked for that. It's a fantastic mod.

Interesting, I never really got into BF2, felt too different than the DC mod. And got to love the old bots, but at least helicopters were porgramed into BF2. The DC mod added them into 1942 when they were never intended, and bots would gladly nose gun for you, but the instant you jumped out to repair it, they would leap int othe drive seat and take off. Granted they never made it far before flipping it up side down, backwards, and inside out as heli's were never intended in the game they didn't know how to fly them. Was really annoying.

But that does bring up a good story. One time me and Marineborn were playing that map with a ton of bots (on 1942 of course) and he was flying a chopper with a bot nose gunner. He landed at a flag I was at to repair his chopper (having forgot about the bots). So I'm standing there, he lands next to me and jumps out and the bot just takes off. Mind you I was in the same room as him at this time, so we just look at each other and know the end result here. But I'll be damned, some how this bot could fly, and damn well. I don't think he crashed the rest of the map, he was insane. And to this day no way to explain how that one bot could fly, because the rest were horrible.

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Who knows if his facts are true, I highly doubt it for console numbers, for PC numbers, I would believe it. Either way, he's saying what a lot have been saying since as far back as CoD WaW. And I agree completely. Though I thought he was very biased, but then he explains his enjoyment of CoD, which I could never stoop to that level, so it is nice to see an unbiased opinion.

By the way anyone too lazy to click links, here you go, it's the above video.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
New Battlefield Blog Post: Battleblog #1: Lars Gustavsson on DICE's new multiplayer philosophy in Battlefield 3

BY: HBrun POSTED : Jun 29, 2011, 12:29PM

Youtube: Battlefield 3: Operation Metro Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer (E3)

Welcome to the first in a series of Battleblog posts taking you all the way to the launch of Battlefield 3 on October 25th! In this blog series, you’ll learn more about every aspect of our biggest shooter ever. First out is an overview of our multiplayer philosophy together with Lead Multiplayer Designer Lars Gustavsson.

When Lars Gustavsson received the mission to lead the design of the multiplayer portion of Battlefield 3, his thoughts went to the fans of the predecessor, 2005’s Battlefield 2. He also knew the time was ripe to open up the game to a wider audience.

Hi Lars! What was the initial design goal you and the team set for Battlefield 3 multiplayer?
-- We thought a lot about Battlefield 2 and how Battlefield 3 would relate to it. The mindset at DICE during the development of Battlefield 2 was pretty much: “Play the game our way, or play something else”. Now, we have made a conscious effort to reverse that mentality. The goal with Battlefield 3 is to offer a vast variety of gameplay experiences and to be inviting to everyone. We’re not telling you how to play the game. You choose.

How will that be apparent in Battlefield 3?
-- Part of it is in the variety of game modes and the types of environments you can play in -- from the wide open battlefields that people learned to love in Battlefield 2, to the urban gritty maps with their tighter gameplay focus. Combining these two elements and adding destruction and our social Battlelog hub in the same package is something I believe no one else is capable of – and that just makes it doubly entertaining for me to deliver on!

Where did the “play our way” mentality come from and how did the change come about?
-- I think it emanated from the pride in the unique game modes we created at DICE, like Conquest and Rush. We’re still super proud of them, but going into Battlefield 3 we had a frank discussion about our mindset. We discussed the strengths of Battlefield and ended up with a lot of interesting questions. Does teamplay have to be squad based, or can it be in a more general sense of playing together? Am I less of a gamer if I don’t want to play in squads? If I want Team Deathmatch? If I want infantry only gameplay? That discussion really was an eye-opener and has changed how we view ourselves and what we set out to do with Battlefield 3.

Battlefield 3 is going to be our best Battlefield yet. The Frostbite 2 game engine not only lets us build spectacular multiplayer maps – it also lets us populate those maps with wildly differing kinds of environments. The classic Battlefield multiplayer map would be an open type terrain, fit for tanks, helicopters, and other vehicles to take part in the action. Now, we will take the fight to dense urban environments as well, painting a stark contrast to the more open rural gameplay.

At E3 this year, we brought the Rush mode map Operation Métro for visitors to play hands-on. In many ways, this map illustrates our multiplayer design philosophy for Battlefield 3. Operation Métro starts out in a lush, rolling park outside of the Paris city center. As the attackers push forward and take out the two enemy installations, this is when a normal multiplayer mode in a normal game would end. In Battlefield 3, this is just the beginning of a much larger journey; a journey taking you through a number of distinct and varying environments, each tasking you to re-evaluate your combat tactics and loadouts on the go.

The subway is just one of several large and distinct environments in our Rush mode map Operation Métro.

The E3 Operation Métro briefing highlighting the distinct areas of the map. Click for larger picture.

From the opening park, you need to push underground through a dark, bombed-out metro tunnel section, and then up and out onto the downtown city streets for the final confrontation in front of the Paris stock exchange. This seamless transition in the map between contrasting areas is something that makes it feel like so much more than your typical walled-in multiplayer arena. For a sense of scale, each of the different areas in Operation Métro would be large enough to house a very good Team Deathmatch experience.

Speaking of which. We are bringing Team Deathmatch back to the multiplayer menu! It's been absent since Battlefield 1942, and to quote Lars Gustavsson, “It would almost be a criminal offense not to offer TDM to our fans, especially with the tactical destruction and realistic soldier movement that Frostbite 2 brings to the game”. Our efforts to let you play Battlefield 3 your way also means that you will have the option to play infantry only matches, for that up close and personal touch.

At DICE we have always been proud about our classic mainstay game modes Conquest and Rush. They embody much of what Battlefield stands for: vast scale and all-out vehicle warfare with an emphasis on teamplay. But focusing almost entirely on these modes have meant sacrificing the pick up and play instant action experience that a tight Team Deathmatch mode delivers.

Fans of the series can rest assured that both Conquest and Rush game modes are back, bolder and more beautiful than ever. Complementing these with Team Deathmatch means there are now even more ways to play Battlefield. From all-out vehicle warfare to tight infantry combat, it’s all about your current mood and your preferred play style. And this is far from everything we have waiting for you in the multiplayer component of Battlefield 3 -- we will return shortly to talk about more multiplayer modes and new features that change how you can play the game.

One final question for you, Lars: Battlefield 3 obviously has the broadest scope yet in the series. How are you balancing that with catering for the hardcore Battlefield 2 fans?
-- I take on the task humbly. I have the utmost respect for our Battlefield 2 fans, and I know that any feature I scrutinize in the game can be one of their darlings I’m messing with. :) Most of all, I’m excited we are finally returning to the core Battlefield series after a six year wait. I was Lead Designer on Battlefield 2 back then, and with Battlefield 3 I think we have the ability and the tools to create something truly amazing.

Stay tuned for BF3 Battleblog #2 next week.
For more information on Battlefield 3, visit the Official Site.
To learn about the Frostbite 2 game engine, visit the Frostbite 2 section on the Battlefield 3 site.
For the latest news on everything Battlefield, follow us on Twitter and our Facebook page.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
So as I posted in the Steam Sale thread I saw mention of BF3 beta access with Flashpoint purchase can anyone confirm or deny? Might have to take this to EA support ugh.

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
So as I posted in the Steam Sale thread I saw mention of BF3 beta access with Flashpoint purchase can anyone confirm or deny? Might have to take this to EA support ugh.

EA dropped Steam (that's why Crysis 2 isn't on Steam anymore), so i don't see why they would do such a thing. Especially since they launched there own platform to compete with Steam.(Origin)

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
BattlefieldO.com - BF3 Beta Delivered Via Origin, Says EA Support

3:29 am | by Soupstorm on June 30, 2011 in Battlefield 3, News, PC

A member of our forums, Fliptaku, decided enough was enough, and headed straight for the hottest source of beta news – EA’s live customer support chat. It seems EA may have begun prepping their support system with new information ahead of a PR announcement. According to the likely-outsourced and possibly-misinformed representative, the beta will be delivered across EA’s Origin service to accounts with a registered MOH LE key, as many people have suspected or assumed, and access will be granted via an emailed product key. Unfortunately, he failed to say anything in specific terms about how LE owners will have their purchase validated, if the beta is indeed an open one.

Chatlogs follow, for those interested in such drab things as “evidence”.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah I saw and posted that same thread earlier. Doesn't really tell me all that much other than how MOH LE owners who ere already promised are getting actual delivery and it's hardly news that delivery is Origins. Though in general it's nice to see a frontline EA rep have and freely share some good, concrete info like that.

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Battleblog #2 Presenting All Pre-Order Bonus Items For Battlefield 3: Limited Edition
01 Jul, 2011

There are a number of pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 available now or soon to be available. Some countries have already announced their offers, while others will follow. Your best bet is to check in regularly with your favourite retailer/digital download service.

By the beginning of August, you should be able to find all of these items where they are supposed to be available. Here is what they all are and how to get them.

BREAKDOWN OF PRE-ORDER INCENTIVES FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at any retailer all over the world.
Available: Release date of Back to Karkand TBC. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available day one.
Value: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately if you don't pre-order (date and price TBC).
More info: In this blog post. More to come.

Physical Warfare Pack
What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.
Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. If you do not pre-order, you will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date.
Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order at select retailers.
More info: In this blog post.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade
What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.
Where to get: At select retailers all over the world when you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition.
Available: Day 1.

Dog Tag Pack
What it is: A set of 5 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 5 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

What it is: Battlefield 3 gear for your Xbox 360 avatar.

Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free
What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.
Where to get: By pre-ordering Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin.
Value: At no extra charge with your pre-order on Origin.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Battleblog #2 Presenting All Pre-Order Bonus Items For Battlefield 3: Limited Edition
01 Jul, 2011

There are a number of pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 available now or soon to be available. Some countries have already announced their offers, while others will follow. Your best bet is to check in regularly with your favourite retailer/digital download service.

By the beginning of August, you should be able to find all of these items where they are supposed to be available. Here is what they all are and how to get them.

What it is: An entire themed expansion pack the size of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam.
Where to get: You will be eligible to download this expansion pack (once it is released) if you pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition at any retailer all over the world.
Available: Release date of Back to Karkand TBC. This expansion pack is not on the disc and is not available day one.
Value: At no extra charge with every pre-order of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition. You will be able to buy it separately if you don't pre-order (date and price TBC).

Physical Warfare Pack
What it is: A set of three time-based exclusive items and one early weapon unlock for Battlefield 3.
Available: Day 1 if you pre-order. If you do not pre-order, you will get access to this content at no extra charge at a later date.

SPECACT Kit Upgrade
What it is: A set of 8 multiplayer skins, one for each class and side in Battlefield 3.

Dog Tag Pack
What it is: A set of 5 unique in-game dog tags to choose from. Dog tags in Battlefield 3 serve as your in-game signature, displayed on screen every time you defeat an enemy. You can also claim the dog tag of your enemies via skillful stealth knife takedowns. This pre-order exclusive pack gives you 5 unique dog tag designs to complement the standard range in the game.

What it is: An 870S shotgun and a beret for in-game use in our play-for-free title Battlefield Play4Free.

But what do we get and where do we buy?!

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Might preorder BF3 through Origin. Easier then having to go to a local store.

PhysXerror

System Name Avalon
Processor Intel I7 3770K (Stock)
Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabretooth
Cooling Swiftech Apogee HD, GTX 240, EK Full cover GPU block
Memory 2x4Gb Corsair 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX570 @ 833/1015/1665
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb, 1.5Tb SataIII Internal, 2.5Tb in Externals
Display(s) Samsung 245B 24" 1920x1200 / HP 19" L1925
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Intergrated + Logitech X530 + Logitech G930
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 - 1115 | Nova - 1288
01 Jul, 2011

Physical Warfare Pack

SPECACT Kit Upgrade

Dog Tag Pack

Argh, the only pre-order bonus we get in NZ(apart from strike at Karkand) is the beret and shotgun for BF play4free. Thats pathetic :shadedshu
Thanks for keeping us up to date Gully

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Argh, the only pre-order bonus we get in NZ(apart from strike at Karkand) is the beret and shotgun for BF play4free. Thats pathetic :shadedshu
Thanks for keeping us up to date Gully

Saw this on Twitter recently...Battlefield 3's Physical Warfare Pack Now Available to Pre-Order in Australia and NZ. Read below for other options..

Previously, the Physical Warfare Pack for Battlefield 3 was only available in the UK, but EA has announced that the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack will now be coming to Australia and New Zealand too, with EB Games snagging an exclusivity deal for the special steelbook package with bonus DLC.

The Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack is available to pre-order exclusively from EB Games and bundles the Type 88 light machine gun with bipod for "deadly firepower and total zone control", the SKS sniper rifle flash suppressor for additional stealth abilities for the Recon class, and the lethal armour-piercing flechette ammo for the DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun that will tear through almost anything in its way.

You'll also get day one access to the versatile DAO-12 semi-automatic shotgun itself, as well as the Limited Edition Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand map pack, which contains four fan favourite maps from Battlefield 2. Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Wake Island and Sharqi Peninsula are all revamped using the new Frostbite Engine 2.0.

You can pre-order the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition: Physical Warfare Pack from EB Games at no extra cost. Or you could pre-order from GAME in Australia and New Zealand and get the SPECACT Kit, which bundles a set of eight unique multiplayer skins. This is exclusively available with the Standard and Limited Editions of BF3 at GAME and JB Hi-Fi. GAME customers will also get five unique downloadable dog tags to further customise their soldier, while JB Hi-Fi punters will get exclusive Battlefield 3 military gear for their Xbox Live Avatar.

Battlefield 3 will be launching on October 27th in Australia and New Zealand. Check out images of the Physical Warfare Pack below.

PhysXerror

System Name Avalon
Processor Intel I7 3770K (Stock)
Motherboard Asus Z77 Sabretooth
Cooling Swiftech Apogee HD, GTX 240, EK Full cover GPU block
Memory 2x4Gb Corsair 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Evga GTX570 @ 833/1015/1665
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 120Gb, 1.5Tb SataIII Internal, 2.5Tb in Externals
Display(s) Samsung 245B 24" 1920x1200 / HP 19" L1925
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Intergrated + Logitech X530 + Logitech G930
Power Supply Corsair AX750W
Software Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 - 1115 | Nova - 1288
System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Battlefieldo - The First High-Res BF3 <class> Renders

7:55 am | by Stadler on July 4, 2011 in Battlefield 3

It’s our pleasure to bring you the high res renders of the US Marines classes in Battlefield 3. The Engineer, Support, Recon and Assault. For those who you in love with the grass wookie from BF2/BC2, looks like you will be a ninja instead. You will notice it looks like the Recon class has either a Iphone, Ipod touch or Zune strapped to his arm. Great to see the amount of detail put toward each individual class. I think we are all waiting anxiously to play this game. Luckily there is only a short amount of time until the Open beta happens. For now, enjoy these images!

If you’d like to view the High res version, when the window opens, Right click and Save as or open in new tab!

Update: For those of you unsure of the validity, compare this ingame to render image.

http://battlefieldo.com/wp-content/gallery/render/bfo_reconrender.jpg
http://battlefieldo.com/wp-content/gallery/render/bfo_assaultrender.jpg
http://battlefieldo.com/wp-content/gallery/render/bfo_engineerrender.jpg
http://battlefieldo.com/wp-content/gallery/render/bfo_supportrender.jpg

==================================================

twitter.com/Blond3r/: "#Battlefield3 will be playable during EA’s Summer Showcase this Thursday. :) #FB #BF3"

Battlefield 3 - Q&A with Patrick Söderlund from EA (Community-Questions)

Last edited:
System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
I like recon's gloves.
Any news on what planes will be available to fly?
Can't seem to find any. The videos show the A-10, the B-1 and the F/A-18, but I can't tell if it's CPU flown or human.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
No mod tools with a lame-ass, nearly insulting excuse.

(Well, not insulting to me personally...)

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
One one hand, mods may hurt DLC sales. On the other, Söderlund did say "as of now". Besides, DICE didn't make mod tools (well, maybe except for BF2), just a way to enable them in game. It was the community doing all the work.
It's a stupid excuse, nevertheless.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
I've enjoyed BC2 well enough to this day without any modding but how awesome would user-made maps or, like, Forgotten Hope 3 be?

Sigh, at least give the community the chance. Release them later post-DLC, idk...

Surely this isn't a major surprise nor does it ruin anything but it's definitely a damn shame.

I was hoping people would crack Frostbite 1.5 after 2.0 was released, and then we would see some BC2 modding. It's just a wish, but it seems like it would work that way.

jimmyme

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard ASUS Rampage II GENE
Cooling stock.air
Memory 6GB MUSHKIN HP3-12800
Video Card(s) 1xGAINWARD 4870 1Gb GS
Storage 1x WD Velociraptor 150Gb
Power Supply NEXUS Rx-8500
Software Vista64
Battlefield 3 dev: “we are not going to make any modding tools”
source

sorry if this has been posted before, I didnt see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.