• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

SilverStone Fortress FT03

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
I have this case, with a full blown system in it, rather than the light one used in this review.

i2500k, asus p8p67-m pro, corsair vengeance 2x4gb, strider 850w gold, with pp05 short cable, corsair h70 water cooler, powercolor hd6870x2 in crossfire, 2 x ocz vertex 1 in raid0, wd 2tb black.

all in this small case, i love it.

i documented my build on my facebook album and can answer any questions.

you can find the photos and comments here... just click thru to my facebook album.

http://shylock.net/sandybridge

only thing that i changed since this build was, i replaced the twin 80mm noctua fans with a 120mm scythe s-flex 1600rpm, since the crossfire were running hotter than i would like.

Very nice system, I went for a blend of power where small in some areas and large in others. The ITX setup gave a dramatic edge to the inside but the large heatsink and 275 Co-op emphasized out other areas.

That is a pretty sweet case. I would love to build a little, powerful rig in an FT-03.

This case is great for packing a punch in small places. The size it takes up is very small since it's vertically stacked.

I want one of these badly but I am not sure I am willing to step down to a mATX setup yet.

I definitely know what you mean. I debated hard about switching over the main system to mATX.
Good thing there are more and more better mATX and below motherboard choices. :toast:

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
I definitely know what you mean. I debated hard about switching over the main system to mATX.
Good thing there are more and more better mATX and below motherboard choices. :toast:

I just have trouble seeing myself giving up either 3 video cards or my PCI-E SSD drive.

theshiv

Can anyone answer a question about the standoffs:

I've never built a computer before, and I'm about to install the motherboard into the FT03. I always thought that you needed to install standoffs for conductivity reasons, but I'm running into a problem with this case.

If I install standoffs into the proper places, the mobo is too high for the i/o plate. Are the "built-in" standoffs sufficient??

Thanks!

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I've had that same problem with the case that I got... I just did this.. I didn't screw in the top stand offs and from that, I could allow the plate to work right with the mobo... But, I didn't keep it on long.. I hate using those plates.. lol..

That was my Asus Max III Gene board.. Never tried on my MSI board..

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Can anyone answer a question about the standoffs:

I've never built a computer before, and I'm about to install the motherboard into the FT03. I always thought that you needed to install standoffs for conductivity reasons, but I'm running into a problem with this case.

If I install standoffs into the proper places, the mobo is too high for the i/o plate. Are the "built-in" standoffs sufficient??

Thanks!

I noticed that when the motherboard doesn't fit into the i/o shield it's usually the i/o shield not pushed in all the way. Sometimes they may need to be firmly pressed in all the way before it will fit.

If the stand offs are still giving you trouble try re-mounting them, I cant think of any reason why they wouldn't fit correctly.