• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Might just be the map but it feels way too cod-esque... Right now its a non-purchase

Yeah it does kinda right now but way too early to pass judgement as a whole. Also, COD does not have huge, open "tank and jet" maps.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Yeah it does kinda right now but way too early to pass judgement as a whole. Also, COD does not have huge, open "tank and jet" maps.

I'm hoping for one of those in the alpha soon.. BC2 is still considerably more fun then BF3 in its current state.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
You mean beta? This is it for the alpha (and ends Monday). I have a feeling the open beta map will be same Metro but hopefully not...

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
You mean beta? This is it for the alpha (and ends Monday). I have a feeling the open beta map will be same Metro but hopefully not...

Ment beta.. and ya I hope not.. this map sucks to put it bluntly.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Well the point of alpha and betas are tests of course so it stands to reason they'd want to put one of the large vehicle maps through it's paces. Not getting my hopes up for anything though.

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
also not liking the having to launch thru a website to play... seems unnecessary and annoying.. hopefully thats just a alpha/beta thing but doesnt seem like it

System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
also not liking the having to launch thru a website to play... seems unnecessary and annoying.. hopefully thats just a alpha/beta thing but doesnt seem like it

I agree, having to launch through the browser is annoying, but I'm hoping (like you) that's it's only an alpha/beta launcher.

I have to say my enjoyment of the alpha really depends on the types of players I'm grouped with. When I'm with a squad that only acts as individuals, my enjoyment goes down. I did, however, have an excellent round with a squad that worked together, and I absolutely LOVED the game. The game is more team based than people are giving it credit for; it's much easier to move on an objective when your squad works together.

There are definitely some broken elements to the alpha like 3D Spotting, but this will (hopefully) be addressed when they release the beta. Reading the BF3 alpha forum, more people complain that this game doesn't play like BF2 than anything else. I say if you want to play BF2, just play BF2 and don't bother with this game. I thoroughly enjoy this alpha (when matched with a great squad) and will definitely pick this game up.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Sad But True: Battlefield is Too Hardcore to Overthrow Call of Duty

JULY 29, 2011 9:30 PM RIPTEN STAFF 122 COMMENTS

By RipTen contributor Joel Bollinger – A proud member of the PC gaming master race.

It’s all over the internet and the gaming websites: Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3? EA and Activision have been trading blows with each other for months now and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop until the year’s out. Two juggernaut franchises vying for top shooter. Meanwhile, gamers are expected to spend $74 Billion this year and it’s safe to say that gaming is socially accepted. So who will win? Battlefield 3 will put up one hell of a fight, but Modern Warfare 3 will win. Not because it’s a better game, but because it’s casual enough for anyone to play.

Call of Duty 4 and every game in the series since have had an incredibly successful formula. Star with a very glitzy, exciting, and cinematic single player campaign, then throw in a fast paced and solid, back-to-basics multiplayer mode (until recently). Today, Call of Duty’s single player is more or less a camera controlled by you, the player. Play the game and see how few shots you really need to fire, it’s saddening, yet it works. Most people wouldn’t notice it, those people being “casual gamers”. Yet, the single player “experience” is so polished and exciting looking that no one notices that the levels are incredibly linear, dull, feature very little “gameplay” at all – just scripted events. As for the multiplayer, you have powerful guns (all of them) that have very low recoil and great accuracy. So, you can inflict a lot of damage quickly thus downing your target quickly. If you’re good at cover and know how to use “health regen”, then you can take a lot of damage as well and still recover. Hell, even shooting from the hip is commonplace and works just fine as well. In fact, there are very few consequences for any of your actions unless you’re incredibly foolhardy. Add to this perks, perks and more perks and you have a fun and simple game that passes the time easily.

Lets face it though, we really only buy Call of Duty for the multiplayer. Better yet, the games can also be run on almost any computer and ports to all the consoles easily, even the Wii! The reason being is that they’ve been using a heavily modified Quake 3 engine since Call of Duty 2. So, each year it’s pretty much the same game, just with better graphics. While the game brings little in terms of gameplay innovation or physics, it can still maintain a decent amount of eye candy and, of course, solid frame rates on all platforms. Better yet, Call of Duty’s multiplayer also has little to no team work, even in the actual team based modes. So, just about anyone can play and do well by themselves and come out satisfied when playing CoD. So, since the formula ain’t broken – Modern Warfare 3 doesn’t look to be changing anything.

However, my first time playing Battlefield 2 was horrendous -I hated it. I didn’t understand how the game was playing out and I was infuriated that when I shot at people it did little damage or didn’t seem to register at all. At first I blamed my internet connection. Damn Lag! Yet, it wasn’t until after a friend showed me how to actually play the game that I opened my mind and learned that Battlefield is a complex beast. Outside of Bad Company and the upcoming Battlefield 3, there was little single player experience to be had, so we’ll ignore the Bad Company’s for now.

Fact: Battlefield’s gun play is more realistic than Call of Duty.

Recoil matters, you cannot spray and pray, you have to aim and fire in controlled bursts. Not to mention that the newest Frostbite engines have bullet drop, so now the player must aim high for distance shots and expect them to do less damage. With the new physics and destruction, Battlefield damn near redefines the first person shooter. The player can now change the map entirely by destroying environments. With vehicles, the entire game is changed in how you approach your objectives. Battlefield also utilizes classes, along with perks and upgrades for the levels per class and the game modes also require teamwork to be successful. The Bad Company spin offs attempted to reach out to casual gamers by making the gameplay faster paced and more simple like CoD. It had no prone, four basic classes, and no Commanders or squad leaders… less tactics if you will. Battlefield 3 will be doing some of that, but at its core it will still be a large team based and tactical shooter. Far more hardcore than CoD.

What does all this mean? Quite frankly, from my experience, Battlefield is too complicated to overthrow Call of Duty. Any Battlefield veteran can point out someone who is either new to the game or a Call of Duty player. They’ll usually start by calling everyone hackers and complaining a lot. Battlefield’s best attempt at single player has been Bad Company and Bad Company 2. The characters were great, better than Call of Duty’s in fact. However, the over the top cinematic experience of CoD wasn’t there (Battlefield went with gameplay), and the gunplay was similar to the multi-player – much more complicated than it’s Call of Duty counterpart.

I personally found Bad Company 2 to be overly simplified for a Battlefield game, yet I thought it was still complex enough to hold my attention. Online, it had a simpler class system that was pretty well balanced – yet it just didn’t have the excitement that Call of Duty had. Battlefield has a learning curve, not a necessarily high one, but it’s there. Call of Duty has next to no learning curve, anyone can jump in and play. There is nothing to learn with Call of Duty, there are no game mechanics to understand – just know what the kill streak chain is and you’ll do fine. Call of Duty is more open to casual gamers and is more polished as what it is than Battlefield. This goes far beyond console vs console vs PC, this is challenging gameplay vs first person camera dolly and simplified run and gun multiplayer.

Modern Warfare 3 will outsell Battlefield 3. I don’t doubt that one bit. Battlefield 3 should sell extremely well and could convert some Call of Duty players over, but only if EA knows how to market the better engine, the vehicles and the different type of gameplay. Perhaps, if Battlefield 3 does well enough, the next Battlefield game will over throw the next Call of Duty game. One can only hope. Ultimately, it would serve Battlefield 3 better if they and EA stopped comparing themselves to Call of Duty.

If gamers want to play Call of Duty, they’ll buy Call of Duty, not Battlefield 3.

Are you looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 or both? I’m personally looking forward to the PC version of Battlefield 3 – but which do you think will come out on top? Does it even matter…?

System Name Bandit 2: Ryzen Boogaloo
Processor AMD R5 3600X
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Stock
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB @ 3200
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 5700XT
Storage Samsung 960 EVO m.2 500GB; Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Display(s) Viotek GN32Q
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750
Mouse Cougar Revenger S
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 10 Professional
Sad But True: Battlefield is Too Hardcore to Overthrow Call of Duty

JULY 29, 2011 9:30 PM RIPTEN STAFF 122 COMMENTS

http://www.ripten.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/MW3vsBF3-600x337.png

By RipTen contributor Joel Bollinger – A proud member of the PC gaming master race.

It’s all over the internet and the gaming websites: Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3? EA and Activision have been trading blows with each other for months now and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop until the year’s out. Two juggernaut franchises vying for top shooter. Meanwhile, gamers are expected to spend $74 Billion this year and it’s safe to say that gaming is socially accepted. So who will win? Battlefield 3 will put up one hell of a fight, but Modern Warfare 3 will win. Not because it’s a better game, but because it’s casual enough for anyone to play.

Call of Duty 4 and every game in the series since have had an incredibly successful formula. Star with a very glitzy, exciting, and cinematic single player campaign, then throw in a fast paced and solid, back-to-basics multiplayer mode (until recently). Today, Call of Duty’s single player is more or less a camera controlled by you, the player. Play the game and see how few shots you really need to fire, it’s saddening, yet it works. Most people wouldn’t notice it, those people being “casual gamers”. Yet, the single player “experience” is so polished and exciting looking that no one notices that the levels are incredibly linear, dull, feature very little “gameplay” at all – just scripted events. As for the multiplayer, you have powerful guns (all of them) that have very low recoil and great accuracy. So, you can inflict a lot of damage quickly thus downing your target quickly. If you’re good at cover and know how to use “health regen”, then you can take a lot of damage as well and still recover. Hell, even shooting from the hip is commonplace and works just fine as well. In fact, there are very few consequences for any of your actions unless you’re incredibly foolhardy. Add to this perks, perks and more perks and you have a fun and simple game that passes the time easily.

Lets face it though, we really only buy Call of Duty for the multiplayer. Better yet, the games can also be run on almost any computer and ports to all the consoles easily, even the Wii! The reason being is that they’ve been using a heavily modified Quake 3 engine since Call of Duty 2. So, each year it’s pretty much the same game, just with better graphics. While the game brings little in terms of gameplay innovation or physics, it can still maintain a decent amount of eye candy and, of course, solid frame rates on all platforms. Better yet, Call of Duty’s multiplayer also has little to no team work, even in the actual team based modes. So, just about anyone can play and do well by themselves and come out satisfied when playing CoD. So, since the formula ain’t broken – Modern Warfare 3 doesn’t look to be changing anything.

However, my first time playing Battlefield 2 was horrendous -I hated it. I didn’t understand how the game was playing out and I was infuriated that when I shot at people it did little damage or didn’t seem to register at all. At first I blamed my internet connection. Damn Lag! Yet, it wasn’t until after a friend showed me how to actually play the game that I opened my mind and learned that Battlefield is a complex beast. Outside of Bad Company and the upcoming Battlefield 3, there was little single player experience to be had, so we’ll ignore the Bad Company’s for now.

Fact: Battlefield’s gun play is more realistic than Call of Duty.

Recoil matters, you cannot spray and pray, you have to aim and fire in controlled bursts. Not to mention that the newest Frostbite engines have bullet drop, so now the player must aim high for distance shots and expect them to do less damage. With the new physics and destruction, Battlefield damn near redefines the first person shooter. The player can now change the map entirely by destroying environments. With vehicles, the entire game is changed in how you approach your objectives. Battlefield also utilizes classes, along with perks and upgrades for the levels per class and the game modes also require teamwork to be successful. The Bad Company spin offs attempted to reach out to casual gamers by making the gameplay faster paced and more simple like CoD. It had no prone, four basic classes, and no Commanders or squad leaders… less tactics if you will. Battlefield 3 will be doing some of that, but at its core it will still be a large team based and tactical shooter. Far more hardcore than CoD.

What does all this mean? Quite frankly, from my experience, Battlefield is too complicated to overthrow Call of Duty. Any Battlefield veteran can point out someone who is either new to the game or a Call of Duty player. They’ll usually start by calling everyone hackers and complaining a lot. Battlefield’s best attempt at single player has been Bad Company and Bad Company 2. The characters were great, better than Call of Duty’s in fact. However, the over the top cinematic experience of CoD wasn’t there (Battlefield went with gameplay), and the gunplay was similar to the multi-player – much more complicated than it’s Call of Duty counterpart.

I personally found Bad Company 2 to be overly simplified for a Battlefield game, yet I thought it was still complex enough to hold my attention. Online, it had a simpler class system that was pretty well balanced – yet it just didn’t have the excitement that Call of Duty had. Battlefield has a learning curve, not a necessarily high one, but it’s there. Call of Duty has next to no learning curve, anyone can jump in and play. There is nothing to learn with Call of Duty, there are no game mechanics to understand – just know what the kill streak chain is and you’ll do fine. Call of Duty is more open to casual gamers and is more polished as what it is than Battlefield. This goes far beyond console vs console vs PC, this is challenging gameplay vs first person camera dolly and simplified run and gun multiplayer.

Modern Warfare 3 will outsell Battlefield 3. I don’t doubt that one bit. Battlefield 3 should sell extremely well and could convert some Call of Duty players over, but only if EA knows how to market the better engine, the vehicles and the different type of gameplay. Perhaps, if Battlefield 3 does well enough, the next Battlefield game will over throw the next Call of Duty game. One can only hope. Ultimately, it would serve Battlefield 3 better if they and EA stopped comparing themselves to Call of Duty.

If gamers want to play Call of Duty, they’ll buy Call of Duty, not Battlefield 3.

Are you looking forward to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3 or both? I’m personally looking forward to the PC version of Battlefield 3 – but which do you think will come out on top? Does it even matter…?

I can agree with the article. Coming over from COD4 to BC2, I definitely experienced a learning curve. I'd never played a game with bullet drop, or had to adjust to a more team based strategy.

Raijian

Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T 3.9 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 890FX
Cooling Thermaltake Frio + Additional Fan
Memory 12gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) ATi Radeon HD 5870 1GB + ATi Radeon HD 5870 [Crossfire]
Display(s) Samsung 25" LED
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower
Audio Device(s) ASRock VIA HD Onboard 7.1 Audio
Power Supply Kingwin Mach 1 1000W
Software Windows 7 x64 Professional / Backtrack 5
I am quite confused as to why I didn't get an alpha key :(

Been veteran 8 status for years, signed up for the newsletter, noooo key :(

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
I am quite confused as to why I didn't get an alpha key :(

Been veteran 8 status for years, signed up for the newsletter, noooo key :(

Veteran status is irrelevant to getting a Beta key from what i'm hearing. It's all random i believe.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
what exactly is wrong with it?

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
what exactly is wrong with it?

* The headline price is misleading\wrong. Headline says $480, but the final price is $540, and that's not including an Operating System.
* The CPU recomendation is an overpriced $220 dual-core that is 2 generations old on a discontinued platform.
* The GPU is bad for gaming, barely handles BC2 on decent settings.
* They state that games are usually GPU-bound, which is true only if you ignore DICE's (and Frostbite's) history.

There were a couple others if you'd like.

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
oh well nobody's perfect. if you were to do better people would still have a problem with it.

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
oh well nobody's perfect. if you were to do better people would still have a problem with it.

While that is true, it doesn't excuse poor Journalism, and part of that means doing your research. If you're being paid to write articles about Gaming, and in this instance about building a Computer, at least do a couple hours research looking at benchmarks and understanding exactly what it is you are recommending to people.

Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
I dont believe the writer of that article is employed or affiliated in anyway with the site besides being one of many to have a blog and the ability to post articles that get picked up because it mentions bf3

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
I dont believe the writer of that article is employed or affiliated in anyway with the site besides being one of many to have a blog and the ability to post articles that get picked up because it mentions bf3

It was on the main page listed as a "Featured Article". Destructoid is at fault regardless. I love their site, and will still frequent it, but even if this were just a blog post, they endorsed his ideas when it became a featured article on their site. When Fox News runs an article saying "BulletStorm is the worst game ever!" the responsibility is still theirs to make sure the writer is making accurate and informed claims (which in that case they weren't obviously).

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
It was on the main page listed as a "Featured Article". Destructoid is at fault regardless. I love their site, and will still frequent it, but even if this were just a blog post, they endorsed his ideas when it became a featured article on their site. When Fox News runs an article saying "BulletStorm is the worst game ever!" the responsibility is still theirs to make sure the writer is making accurate and informed claims (which in that case they weren't obviously).

Well it is FOX they are about as far from accurate as you can get on everything. Rupert's not known for even worrying about research or accuracy.

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Man, I'm really annoyed by what I saw in the alpha, it's not about the bugs. It's the new mechanism.

Lets start by mentioning a few points:

1) The laser pointer/flash light is completely and utterly useless unless you are using it from a very close range, not to mention that it instantly reveal your place.

2) I can no longer go "Rambo" like in BC2, here, the moment you stand up a zillion bullet will hit you, the only option you have is to crawl inside the bushes for 500 meters just to be killed there again.

3) Lone wolfing is virtually impossible if you play Metro in the first area, too many undetectable campers.

4) The characters fit too much with the surrounding environment, I can barely see anyone even when I'm zooming, unless I used 3D Spotting which is at this point is 3D WallHacking.

5) going prone inside the bushes makes you almost 100% invisible and you can see what's going outside fairly good, I kept pulling my hair because of the number of invisible bush "wookies".

So yeah, people might say "The game is more tactical now" but believe me, unless you have a really good team then you are completely screwed. Because everyone is camping, you can verify this when you play on any server, I've played it for 15 hours now and I reached the last area only TWICE ! Most matches end in the first area because both teams are camping behind cover and picking each others head's using the 3D Wallhacking.

So, to conclude, the game is quite hard for me, I can easily get 1.0 k/d but that's not enough for me,in BC2 I could easily get 2.5+ k/d in most rounds by "lone wolfing".

I really hope that the other maps are not like this one. Yeah another thing am sure about is that the BF3 jets will be quite similar to BF2, at least in terms of damage because most explosive in this game kills instantly at medium range.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Then you've never had the chance to play with the Naga... ;)

who says having more then 15 buttons on a mouse isn't a love waiting to happen.

I'm not a big fan of them, not many games require that many hotkeys. I play WoW and I'm pretty good at it (rank on top 200 world of logs) and running 5 hotkeys on my RAT 7 is plenty enough. And MMO's are where mice binds are king. The thing that makes the RAT 7 (or 9) great isn't the fact that it has buttons to bind, it's the fact that it has ways to move your pinky rest out or back and forward, a way to extend the body of the mouse to fit your hand, and multiple pinky rests you can switch between. You can customize the mouse to fit your hand.

I guess some people still playin games with 3button mouses and arent complaining.i got 8 button mouse but using only 2 buttons + scroll

Nothing wrong with a 3 button mouse for FPS's, it's MMO's where 3 buttons just isn't enough.

Man after playing the game (alpha) for 10 hours I can defiantly say that the final game will be one hell of a campers fest.

Like said 1 map, small, no vehicles. But the other fact is, it's Rush, thats just how Rush is and thats why I hate that mode.

bone saw!!!! Bone saw!!!!

DICE has been stressing that the beta will be an open beta on all three platforms. MoH people should get early access, probably for a few days to two weeks, max.

I been figuring it would at least been a week, maybe 2, but thats just a guess. I would say a month, but the beta is landing so late.

Doubtful, the BC2 PS3 Beta and PC Beta ran different maps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10
@The Witcher

So basically you're saying you don't like the pace of the game, and find it harder than a game you have been playing for over a year at this point?

I have run into games like the ones you describe, but I also have seen many where it is the exact opposite. It's more about playing smart than anything. You hide when you have to, and take advantage of times when you can run. I have many times joined servers and singlehandedly rushed both the points in the first zone of Metro with success. Sure, it's not 100%, but where would be the challenge if that was the case? If they're all just hiding with sniper rifles drive the damn ATV straight into the points and dive next to them.

As for the whole ""Rambo" thing... it has been said dozens of times by DICE that they aren't trying to mimic MW games (which are exactly that) and that the Battlefield Series (non-BC) is a Tactical Team-Based Shooter. I have had plenty of games where I pull a 3:1 or 2:1 ratio, but it's far from 100%. I noticed a lot of people don't take advantage of Assault having paddles and just leave teamates to die in the Alpha, I'm sure eventually people will remember it :ohwell:

1) The laser pointer/flash light is completely and utterly useless unless you are using it from a very close range, not to mention that it instantly reveal your place.

2) I can no longer go "Rambo" like in BC2, here, the moment you stand up a zillion bullet will hit you, the only option you have is to crawl inside the bushes for 500 meters just to be killed there again.

3) Lone wolfing is virtually impossible if you play Metro in the first area, too many undetectable campers.

4) The characters fit too much with the surrounding environment, I can barely see anyone even when I'm zooming, unless I used 3D Spotting which is at this point is 3D WallHacking.

5) going prone inside the bushes makes you almost 100% invisible and you can see what's going outside fairly good, I kept pulling my hair because of the number of invisible bush "wookies".

great you summed up some nice positive points :rockout:

CASUAAAAALS!

Status
Not open for further replies.